NATION

PASSWORD

Occult thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Occult thread

Postby Dreisburg » Mon May 18, 2020 10:16 am

This is a thread to discuss the diverse topic of the occult (astrology, alchemy, hermeticism etc). Side note: The occult DOES NOT mean satanism or demonology. Please prevent of using hateful speech in this thread.
Somethings to get us started.
Yesterday I did some research and found out that there are still 'mystery schools' around the world. Do you think that they are better than joining an organisation like the rosicrucians or hermetic order of the golden dawn?
What does the pentacle mean to you? It may represent the godess venus as the planet venus traces a pentacle in the matter of 8 years. It may also represent the five elements.
What does quintessence mean to you?
Discuss anything related to occult really.
Here are some links if you don't know what occult is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult
http://www.occult-mysteries.org/
Last edited by Dreisburg on Mon May 18, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 am

Nobody:

Black Metal bands when they see this thread: It's free real estate.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm

The number of people I've seen IRL calling astronomy 'astrology' by mistake is staggering.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Theres more people believing this stuff than they would admit.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 5:54 pm

It's kind of cool, I won't lie. Not really my cuppa tea, but I understand how people can get into all the turning lead into gold, foretelling the future and becoming one with nature.

I still think it's all bunkum, but cool bunkum.

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:24 pm

Albrenia wrote:1.turning lead into gold, 2.foretelling the future and 3.becoming one with nature.

1. Nuclear physic - turning one elements into another
2. Meteorology - forecasting weather & many,many political "debates" about what happend (and people believing in that)
3. All nature science - how body is made of cells, of elements, atoms, evolutions, "we are dust from ancient stars" etc.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon May 18, 2020 6:28 pm

my project to create a homunculus ran out of steam, but maybe i was reading the instructions wrong bc they're written in a really old-timey script. are you supposed to enlist minions or onions?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon May 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Cekoviu wrote:my project to create a homunculus ran out of steam, but maybe i was reading the instructions wrong bc they're written in a really old-timey script. are you supposed to enlist minions or onions?

Neither. Have you tried bunions?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon May 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Atheris wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:my project to create a homunculus ran out of steam, but maybe i was reading the instructions wrong bc they're written in a really old-timey script. are you supposed to enlist minions or onions?

Neither. Have you tried bunions?

i'm not sure where i could get those, do you know of any bunion stores near LA?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Atheris wrote:Neither. Have you tried bunions?

Hmm... have you tried your local police department? Disguise yourself as an autopsy person and cut the bunions off of a dead guy.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Atheris wrote:Neither. Have you tried bunions?

Try Al's Bunion Emporium in Hermosa Beach.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Nakena wrote:Theres more people believing this stuff than they would admit.

Oh, in droves. I’ve known quite a few Christians who won’t go out of their homes before reading their daily horoscope first. Or the ones who like their tarot cards reads, or consult psychics. The occult has become an incredibly lucrative business for some people.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Oh, in droves. I’ve known quite a few Christians who won’t go out of their homes before reading their daily horoscope first. Or the ones who like their tarot cards reads, or consult psychics. The occult has become an incredibly lucrative business for some people.

Astrologers surprised they missed Covid-19..

"I mean.. in January I did write 'get ready for some major changes', but that was just for Aquarius..',"
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 18, 2020 6:50 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

"I mean.. in January I did write 'get ready for some major changes', but that was just for Aquarius..',"

Talk to Miss Cleo (or was it madame? Irrelevant). Lawsuit. Bet she didn’t see that one coming.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Bombadil wrote:Astrologers surprised they missed Covid-19..

You listen to wrong astrologers ;)

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Talk to Miss Cleo (or was it madame? Irrelevant). Lawsuit. Bet she didn’t see that one coming.

Nostradamus, on the other hand ...

There will be peace union and change.
Far and near they will transfer the Empire,
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees,
Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 pm

VVerkia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Astrologers surprised they missed Covid-19..

You listen to wrong astrologers ;)

Now roll for initiative.
Slava Ukraini

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Even here I've got a couple of times Telegrams asking me for advice or more regarding certain "occult" matters.

Theres definetively an market for it.
Last edited by Nakena on Mon May 18, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 pm

Nakena wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Even here I've got a couple of times Telegrams asking me for advice or more regarding certain supranatural or occult matters. Up and including summoning Demons and the likes.

Theres definetively an market for it.

Indeed. I’ve also seen an increasing number of people turning towards myriad witchcraft practices. Some with several positive changes to their lives. And by that I mean overall attitude towards others and increased mindfulness. I have a few friends who are lovely people and who practice witchcraft.
Slava Ukraini

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Mon May 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I like listening to black metal :p
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Indeed. I’ve also seen an increasing number of people turning towards myriad witchcraft practices. Some with several positive changes to their lives. And by that I mean overall attitude towards others and increased mindfulness. I have a few friends who are lovely people and who practice witchcraft.

In the end it's mostly really just that, focussing on mindfulness and insight. It's not that different from meditation and other practices. It can definetively help some people.

Of course there's a lot of humbug and woo going around and a lot of people are heavily into magical thinking and sometimes quite literally believe in physical demons and beings haunting them etc. Usually comes more in very religious people. It's... interesting to say at least. It's deeply rooted.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Nakena wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Indeed. I’ve also seen an increasing number of people turning towards myriad witchcraft practices. Some with several positive changes to their lives. And by that I mean overall attitude towards others and increased mindfulness. I have a few friends who are lovely people and who practice witchcraft.

In the end it's mostly really just that, focussing on mindfulness and insight. It's not that different from meditation and other practices. It can definetively help some people.

Of course there's a lot of humbug and woo going around and a lot of people are heavily into magical thinking and sometimes quite literally believe in physical demons and beings haunting them etc. Usually comes more in very religious people. It's... interesting to say at least. It's deeply rooted.

On the demon haunting thing, I’ve heard stories but have never met anyone who has had that happened to them. That I know of, of course.

There’s a lot in this world that we don’t understand yet. I can’t say these creatures exist or do not exist, you know. Not for certain.

At one point I was very keen on learning about fairies and whether they had any influence in the world around me. Now I mostly meditate listening to songs to Ganesha Ganpati. Soothing.
Slava Ukraini

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 7:20 pm

I don't really think less of people for being into even the sillier stuff like crystal healing and the like, as long as when they actually get sick they still take their kids or themselves off to the real doctors and follow the advice given. Nobody gets hurt by someone having a bunch of crystals and thinking it improves their resistance to disease... the placebo effect might even make it sort of work.

I do think less of the shysters selling said crystals proclaiming they can cure cancer and the like.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:On the demon haunting thing, I’ve heard stories but have never met anyone who has had that happened to them. That I know of, of course.

There’s a lot in this world that we don’t understand yet. I can’t say these creatures exist or do not exist, you know. Not for certain.

I have this perspective on those matters. Let's say if they were real, I would have a lot of experience with it.

If you ask me I would say that if they were real, then it's another layer of beings that exists around and within us. Kind of like the myriad of microorganisms, such bacteria and viruses. If so, I am certain one far day away science will figure it out.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:At one point I was very keen on learning about fairies and whether they had any influence in the world around me. Now I mostly meditate listening to songs to Ganesha Ganpati. Soothing.

If I may ask what kind of meditation do you practice?

The most common types are focussed around breathing techniques.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Anyone into Seances? I probably spelled the word wrong.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General