NATION

PASSWORD

India vs. China - Who Would Win in a War?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What would the result be?

Chinese Victory, Indian Defeat
39%
Indian Victory, Chinese Defeat
12%
Chinese Tactical Victory, Strategic Defeat
24%
Indian Tactical Victory, Strategic Defeat
6%
Don't Know/Inconclusive
19%

Total votes : 105

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
World Wars I and II.

Do you remember why the US participated in World War II?Japanese attack

And WW1?Germany attacked the British and American routes and planned to attack the US with Mexico.

So what time did the US not join the fight when it was attacked?

As for britain, they are the most unreliable teammates in the world.

You do have a point on the US avoiding both World Wars until they literally had no choice, but nowadays there's a lot of reason for western powers to want China humbled, and a lot to be gained by making India beholden to western powers.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:
Green October Z wrote:
They had their asses to handed to them in the recent conflict with Pakistan.

Excuse my ignorance, but have India and Pakistan had a war since 1971?

Yes and India won https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kargil_War

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:It's worth noting that India has far more combat experience than the PRC does at this point, especially in mountainous terrain, and has won the vast majority of the conflicts it has been involved in since independence.

A border skirmish is nothing like an actual war. India has won all of its wars against Pakistan.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun May 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Both countries have no first strike doctrines, so that’s not happening

But assuming they did go to war, then nuclear annihilation

But asusming for whatever reason they choose to wage a conventional war, China has the immediate advantage because Tibet’s harsh climate blocks Indian advances from entering the Chinese heartland from that front. The only easy access to China would be through the small border in the East, which can be easily blocked off. However, India can attempt to cross the Himalayas and take Tibet through local support, I’m sure the Tibetan locals would be more than happy to provide food and shelter to what they would perceive as an army of liberation rather than an army of invasion. If India somehow manages to secure Tibet, it has unfiltered access to the Chinese heartland. China’s biggest weakness is most of its population is concentrated at the coast, while India’s population is spread out throughout India.

Also, not to mention the current US administration would definitely provide military aid to India, and Russia would join on India’s side being close allies
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alba and Cymru » Sun May 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Korean War, Vietnam War, Operation Desert Shield/Storm, etc.

Oh, I forgot.They will also bully small countries

Just like China is preparing to do in southern Africa.
Here is the World Cup Roster.
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"
Support His Majesty, King Cynbal IV of the House of Clan Gregor
Death to Communism. Death to Capitalism. Feudalism is where men are made.
I'm your friendly, every-day hard right-winger who respects everyone's views and concerns. I believe that cultural groups should have absolute political autonomy independent from secular or multicultural states. Traditions are unique evolutionary adaptations created by civilizations in order to solve complex social issues.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun May 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Both countries have no first strike doctrines, so that’s not happening

But asusming for whatever reason they choose to wage a conventional war, China has the immediate advantage because Tibet’s harsh climate blocks Indian advances from entering the Chinese heartland from that front. The only easy access to China would be through the small border in the East, which can be easily blocked off. However, India can attempt to cross the Himalayas and take Tibet through local support, I’m sure the Tibetan locals would be more than happy to provide food and shelter to what they would perceive as an army of liberation rather than an army of invasion. If India somehow manages to secure Tibet, it has unfiltered access to the Chinese heartland. China’s biggest weakness is most of its population is concentrated at the coast, while India’s population is spread out throughout India.

Also, not to mention the current US administration would definitely provide military aid to India, and Russia would join on India’s side being close allies

Would Russia take advantage to grab more land, do you think? Or are they happy with what they have?

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun May 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:

And WW1?Germany attacked the British and American routes and planned to attack the US with Mexico.

Britain joined WWI after Belgium was invaded and WWII after Poland was invaded. Further, there is much more cultural connection to India than to China not to mention the large Indian population within Britain.

Yep,If the German Empire dares to invade Poland, the British and French allied forces will attack the Ruhr Valley.
phoney war,or Sitzkrieg,Remember?
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Baja California Autonoma
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California Autonoma » Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Both countries have no first strike doctrines, so that’s not happening

Russia would join China even though they see them as a threat they see US and whoever its ally with as something to necessarily counter-act. That would be a crazy ww3 though. Who'd win that?

Russia attacking China would gain it territory and remove troublesome threat on their border. Itd be better move for em in hypothetical conflict.
Last edited by Baja California Autonoma on Sun May 17, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Korean War, Vietnam War, Operation Desert Shield/Storm, etc.

No, that's what China does.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alba and Cymru » Sun May 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Heloin wrote:
Alba and Cymru wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but have India and Pakistan had a war since 1971?

Yes and India won https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kargil_War

Ah, I forgot about Operation Vijay. Thanks for enlightening me!
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"
I'm your friendly, every-day hard right-winger who respects everyone's views and concerns. I believe that cultural groups should have absolute political autonomy independent from secular or multicultural states. Traditions are unique evolutionary adaptations created by civilizations in order to solve complex social issues.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Albrenia wrote:

You do have a point on the US avoiding both World Wars until they literally had no choice, but nowadays there's a lot of reason for western powers to want China humbled, and a lot to be gained by making India beholden to western powers.

Not only now, but it's always the same in the West.The West has been eager to borrow India to contain China.So what's the good for India

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Why are you assuming India is the aggressor given everything we know about the PRC being an imperialist power?
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Baja California Autonoma wrote:

Russia would join China even though they see them as a threat they see US and whoever its ally with as something to necessarily counter-act. That would be a crazy ww3 though. Who'd win that?

Russia attacking China would gain it territory and remove troublesome threat on their border. Itd be better move for em in hypothetical conflict.

Russia wouldn't get involved more likely. Why fight when you're three biggest rivals slug it out?

Conservative Republic Of Huang
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Republic Of Huang » Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Free Northwest Sovereign wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
The war wouldn’t happen unless India attacked though

In which case the trade interests and public sympathy would be with China

India has much more amiable relations with the nations sandwiched in between and has not historically been the aggressor. I don't think the nations of the world would turn against themselves for placing an embargo on China. If anything, a naval dispute with a large country will allow smaller nations to express their grievances with the Chinese imperialist machine. The American public doesn't care about Vietnam, but a conflict with a friendly state will be talked about much more.

India practically has full control over Bhutanese foreign affairs, but Nepal is more aligned with China. Additionally, China has good relations with Pakistan.
Pro: Direct democracy, e-democracy, parliamentary sovereignty, state secularism, non-violent direct action (striking), police reform, syndicalism, democratic workplace management
Anti: Most types of representative democracy, ultra-nationalism, imperialism, autocratic workplace management, the state

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say syndicalism now, syndicalism tomorrow, syndicalism forever."
not conservative or a republic
Transparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:

And what Europe has been doing in Africa for hundreds of years.
No,in all of the world.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:Britain joined WWI after Belgium was invaded and WWII after Poland was invaded. Further, there is much more cultural connection to India than to China not to mention the large Indian population within Britain.

Yep,If the German Empire dares to invade Poland, the British and French allied forces will attack the Ruhr Valley.
phoney war,or Sitzkrieg,Remember?

There are many reasons as to why there was no major offensive, primarily French fears of having to be on the offensive and preferring to draw the Germans into attacking them. The war at sea however was quite real and both Britain and France quickly stockpiled weapons and equipment for when they expected war to commence in full.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:

No,in all of the world.

Imperialism good because other people did imperialism is a really funny take.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Green October Z wrote:

A border skirmish is nothing like an actual war. India has won all of its wars against Pakistan.

Be that is it may, the fact is that the Indian military proved to be highly incompetent in 2019.
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alba and Cymru » Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:

No,in all of the world.

Well now Europe is not, and someone is now.
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Why would Russia bother joining China in a war against India? Indo-Russian relations are quite strong, stronger than Chinese-Russian relations I'd argue.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sun May 17, 2020 7:58 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:A border skirmish is nothing like an actual war. India has won all of its wars against Pakistan.

Be that is it may, the fact is that the Indian military proved to be highly incompetent in 2019.

Wow, one incident versus numerous others when they showed to be better than the Pakistani military including in numerous other skirmishes from 2016-2018.

Baja California Autonoma
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California Autonoma » Sun May 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Why would Russia bother joining China in a war against India? Indo-Russian relations are quite strong, stronger than Chinese-Russian relations I'd argue.

I only added that as a possibility given how chummy the Russians, chinese and n. koreans are if to oppose US and Western influence or plans. Not because it's in their best interests, just realpolitik.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Sun May 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Green October Z wrote:

Wow, one incident versus numerous others when they showed to be better than the Pakistani military including in numerous other skirmishes from 2016-2018.

Super!
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:
No,in all of the world.

No, still.If you search Africa's debt structure, or read the history of Africa in recent decades.
Africa is owned by multinationals.

Baja California Autonoma
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California Autonoma » Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Alba and Cymru wrote:

No, still.If you search Africa's debt structure, or read the history of Africa in recent decades.
Africa is owned by multinationals.

Rather than Chinese state corporations, it's so unfair.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General