NATION

PASSWORD

India vs. China - Who Would Win in a War?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What would the result be?

Chinese Victory, Indian Defeat
39%
Indian Victory, Chinese Defeat
12%
Chinese Tactical Victory, Strategic Defeat
24%
Indian Tactical Victory, Strategic Defeat
6%
Don't Know/Inconclusive
19%

Total votes : 105

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:46 am

They just had a violent clash on the border, several soldiers reported killed

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/asia/chi ... index.html
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:33 am

Bad news ,big news.CCTV actually reprinted Reuters news without saying anything by themselves.Pakistan's fighting India, too.Nepal reported on India's cross-border activities and revised the map.
One Indian officer and two soldiers were killed and 11 injured.Casualties also exist in China, details are unknown.It's strange that the Indian media are all covering this, and the Chinese media have not said anything.
Last edited by Shanghai industrial complex on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:08 am

CHINA JUST KILLED INDIAN SOLDIERS
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:10 am

The Hindustani State wrote:CHINA JUST KILLED INDIAN SOLDIERS

F in the chat
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Deltia-
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltia- » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:19 am

I will assume there's no allies and no nukes

I would say India at first due to the fact a huge chunk of their population lives closer to the border,so they will have more army bases nearby. However the Sino-Indian border is mainly comprised of the Himalayas. That makes any significant push close to impossible. China will soon reverse Indian troops once reinforcements arrive, if the initial Chinese force isn't enough, and take back whatever paltry gains India makes. India has the advantage of most Chinese shipping passing only a small-to-medium distance from its coast, making it easy to harass Chinese shipping, along with the fact that China has not proven its ability to project naval power far from its coasts.
Federal Kingdom of Deltia | Bundskongsriik Deltie
A PMT right-leaning liberal democracy in OTL Poland that's somewhat Germanic culturally and under a nominal constitutional monarchy with mecha-cops, quasi-workfare, and a very fast-growing economy with blackjack (and hookers!)
Overview | Monarch | Riikskanzler | Parties
(29/03/2022)Der Weld: Far-right terrorist in Kyoto stabs 8 |Now Playing:easy life - nightmares 
Stocks: ADV 35 - +0.2%|CAC- +0.6%|FTSE- +0.4%|DAX- +0.3%
A 13.4 civilization, according to this index.(Tier: 7|Level: 2|Type: 5)
Each good reply, Alisa will gain 1% sanity. Counting: -20
YL/AL thing for me
Vanquish the summerposters!
No NS stats
ADV 35=Deltian stock index

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am

Considering it is only India and China, and there are no foreign nations involved, at all, meaning no rebels, no allies, no running around Thailand, nothing, it’d likely be a Pyrrhic victory for China.

However, if it was realistic, Pakistan would declare on India, Tibet would rise up, causing Xinjiang and possibly Manchuria to do so as well, then Russia might get involved, and then NATO would, you get the point.

So, simply India and China, assuming Tibet allows millions of Chinese soldiers cross their land without resistance, the Chinese would likely just try and breach a point and pile through. The Indians would then use the Himalayas to murder the Chinese, but there are a LOT of Chinese soldiers, with better technology, and far higher industrial capabilities. If India somehow got like the US to blockade the Chinese Seas, then China would be screwed. However, since it’s only India and China, it’s impossible. So, final answer is pyrrhic “victory” for China.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:36 am

when the day comes, if it hasn't already, when india and china have replaced russia and the u.s., it will be the same kind of perpetual cold war standoff.
and that will continue until something else replaces it. maybe star trek and klingons?

better yet, maybe someday humans will wake up and realize we don't need these kind of hostile dichotomies.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Deltia-
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltia- » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:37 am

Minskiev wrote:Considering it is only India and China, and there are no foreign nations involved, at all, meaning no rebels, no allies, no running around Thailand, nothing, it’d likely be a Pyrrhic victory for China.

However, if it was realistic, Pakistan would declare on India, Tibet would rise up, causing Xinjiang and possibly Manchuria to do so as well, then Russia might get involved, and then NATO would, you get the point.

So, simply India and China, assuming Tibet allows millions of Chinese soldiers cross their land without resistance, the Chinese would likely just try and breach a point and pile through. The Indians would then use the Himalayas to murder the Chinese, but there are a LOT of Chinese soldiers, with better technology, and far higher industrial capabilities. If India somehow got like the US to blockade the Chinese Seas, then China would be screwed. However, since it’s only India and China, it’s impossible. So, final answer is pyrrhic “victory” for China.

Manchuria is pretty much Han Chinese no, and uyghurs are no longer the absolute majority in Sinkiang.
Federal Kingdom of Deltia | Bundskongsriik Deltie
A PMT right-leaning liberal democracy in OTL Poland that's somewhat Germanic culturally and under a nominal constitutional monarchy with mecha-cops, quasi-workfare, and a very fast-growing economy with blackjack (and hookers!)
Overview | Monarch | Riikskanzler | Parties
(29/03/2022)Der Weld: Far-right terrorist in Kyoto stabs 8 |Now Playing:easy life - nightmares 
Stocks: ADV 35 - +0.2%|CAC- +0.6%|FTSE- +0.4%|DAX- +0.3%
A 13.4 civilization, according to this index.(Tier: 7|Level: 2|Type: 5)
Each good reply, Alisa will gain 1% sanity. Counting: -20
YL/AL thing for me
Vanquish the summerposters!
No NS stats
ADV 35=Deltian stock index

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:46 am

Yeah I was pretty doubtful on Manchuria, and considering the other Turkic nations are also in CSTO? Xinjiang is probably unlikely. But Tibet’s 100% not going to let the Chinese invade them. Hong Kong will rise to, and who knows about the Middle East?
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:00 am

Reports are now that at least 3 Indian and 5 PRC soldiers are dead.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 404289.cms

Shit just got real. Although I do not expect this to become an full scale war, and will probably result in a temporary truce, there is risk of serious conflict that is not going away.

Although again the PRC is being stupid here, they do not have the men and money to challenge the US for naval dominance and India for land dominance at the same time. The PRC are already outnumbered by India in terms of ground troops.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:08 am

Novus America wrote:

Reports are now that at least 3 Indian and 5 PRC soldiers are dead.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 404289.cms

Shit just got real. Although I do not expect this to become an full scale war, and will probably result in a temporary truce, there is risk of serious conflict that is not going away.

Although again the PRC is being stupid here, they do not have the men and money to challenge the US for naval dominance and India for land dominance at the same time. The PRC are already outnumbered by India in terms of ground troops.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=487253
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Free Northwest Sovereign
Attaché

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Northwest Sovereign » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 am

I swear 2020 is trying to make every hypothetical I think about come true. We already had a flu pandemic and now they started a conflict. What next? US civil war?

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Deltia- wrote:
Minskiev wrote:Considering it is only India and China, and there are no foreign nations involved, at all, meaning no rebels, no allies, no running around Thailand, nothing, it’d likely be a Pyrrhic victory for China.

Manchuria is pretty much Han Chinese no, and uyghurs are no longer the absolute majority in Sinkiang.

I wonder why.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Free Northwest Sovereign wrote:

I swear 2020 is trying to make every hypothetical I think about come true. We already had a flu pandemic and now they started a conflict. What next? US civil war?

It's like when Gozer demanded that the Ghostbusters "choose the form of the Destructor", but now everyone on the planet has a hand in choosing.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:
Free Northwest Sovereign wrote:I swear 2020 is trying to make every hypothetical I think about come true. We already had a flu pandemic and now they started a conflict. What next? US civil war?

It's like when Gozer demanded that the Ghostbusters "choose the form of the Destructor", but now everyone on the planet has a hand in choosing.

"How was I supposed to know a pangolin could kill us all?!"
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Arshanid Deccan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arshanid Deccan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:07 pm

It would really be inconclusive or simply a war of aggression. It would result in little to no territorial changes and assuming no other country gets involved, both wouldn't be able to get any leverage or long lasting momentum against each other. Both have huge military arsenals and manpower and as far as a land war goes neither side would be able get the upperhand in the Himalayas. Both have an airforce worthy of competition against each other, but dogfights would'nt get them anywhere and attacking economical strongholds would be very difficult as major economical hubs are quite far from the border. A naval conflict is unlikely as it is virtually impossible for either side to get into conflict range with their counterpart because of the Indonesian Islands that separates the Chinese Pacific with the Indian Ocean. Neither would use their nukes because of deterrence. Both countries have territorial disputes in the region, Chinese military presence would be facing problems with land supplies in Tibet and India may face problems in Kashmir. It may be more severe for India as the current BJP/RSS government's recent actions have made Indians from Kashmir to Kerala rise up and oppose the central government and therefore lose public support.
Last edited by Arshanid Deccan on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Sultanate located in Southern India ruled by Sultan Arslan Siddiqui Bahadur.

We do not use NS Stats

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Bad news ,big news.CCTV actually reprinted Reuters news without saying anything by themselves.Pakistan's fighting India, too.Nepal reported on India's cross-border activities and revised the map.
One Indian officer and two soldiers were killed and 11 injured.Casualties also exist in China, details are unknown.It's strange that the Indian media are all covering this, and the Chinese media have not said anything.

Chinese media has to wait for orders from the CCP before they can report anything. Though I am surprised China hasn't used this as a pretext for gathering more lebensraum.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 pm

China. But I don't think there would be a war.
Last edited by Dominioan on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General