NATION

PASSWORD

Illuminati

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Illuminati

Postby Dreisburg » Sun May 17, 2020 10:48 am

The illuminati real or fake?
With a lot of celebrities, individuals and media claiming to be illuminati it is hard to tell if the society is serious or just a joke. Historically, the name usually refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on 1 May 1776 in Bavaria, today part of Germany. The society's goals were to oppose superstition, obscurantism, religious influence over public life, and abuses of state power. "The order of the day," they wrote in their general statutes, "is to put an end to the machinations of the purveyors of injustice, to control them without dominating them." The Illuminati—along with Freemasonry and other secret societies—were outlawed through edict by Charles Theodore, Elector of Bavaria with the encouragement of the Catholic Church, in 1784, 1785, 1787, and 1790. In the following several years, the group was vilified by conservative and religious critics who claimed that they continued underground and were responsible for the French Revolution.
Do you think the illuminati still exists? My opinion- Yes
If it does what do you think are its goals? - To distribute enlightenment across the world and possibly 'control'
Do you think celebrities are illuminati? - No I think they just want it for attention
Do freemasonry and illuminati work together? - Probably
Are illuminati outwordly repitlians? - Probably no. The illuminati is probably enlightened people with a high level of wisdom.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 17, 2020 10:49 am

We're not real. You can't prove anything.

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Sun May 17, 2020 10:50 am

Heloin wrote:We're not real. You can't prove anything.

How did you just deny your own existence?

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Sun May 17, 2020 10:51 am

The Illuminati is real and it's one of the best studio albums ever!
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Sun May 17, 2020 10:51 am

There are no Illuminati. They are figments of your imagination.
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:There are no Illuminati. They are figments of your imagination.

Ah so Adam Weishaupt, the minerva owl document are just my imagination? Interesting.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:There are no Illuminati. They are figments of your imagination.

How do you explain this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati_(Ten_album)
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 am

Dreisburg wrote:
Heloin wrote:We're not real. You can't prove anything.

How did you just deny your own existence?

I didn't deny anything. What are you talking about? Fake news.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 am

The Illuminati is not a real organization (anymore). It's an imaginary right-wing bogeyman conjured to justify preconceived beliefs. Same for most other conspiracy theories. There are real conspiracies but they tend to be much more boring, and the Illuminati is not involved.

I am definitely not saying this because I'm a member of the Illuminati and this nation's lore is one of our long-term planning documents.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Sun May 17, 2020 10:55 am

The illuminati are real and I support them.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Sun May 17, 2020 10:56 am

Green October Z wrote:

How do you explain this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati_(Ten_album)

Well the album is inspired by the organisation and well that's what the discussion is about.

Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 884878 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:58 am

I was in the middle of card farming and I see this? Also, links to sources would be very much appreciated OP.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 17, 2020 10:59 am

Illuminati? Ohhh you didn’t get the memo on the name change.

We call them The Deep State now.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 am

The illuminati is real in the minds of people who don't understand the real world. The real people in power don't hide behind closed doors, because they're George Soros, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and their ilk.

As for the chaotic events people blame on the illuminati like 9/11 or Tupac's death, sometimes bad things just happen. Not everything is a conspiracy.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Illuminati? Ohhh you didn’t get the memo on the name change.

We call them The Deep State now.

"The state department, also known as the Deep State department."

-Donald J Trump
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:39 am

Great name. No further interest.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Swindenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swindenland » Sun May 17, 2020 11:47 am

If the Illuminati exists, it certainly is not what the media portrays. Firstly the symbol of the Illuminati is an owl and not the Eye of Providence. Second of all, they would not seek control, but the opposite.

When Adam Weißhaupt founded the Illuminati secret society, it was a group of scholars advocating for enlightenment ideals such as freedom of press, freedom of speech and the abolition of feudalism (all of which were absent in the late 1700s). They were basically radical liberals, so if they exist I can easily imagine them promoting free market policies and parliamentary democracy but also women's and LGBT rights. It's in their name The Illuminati (the illuminators/enlighteners).

But I think they really don't exist anymore, and if they reassembled decades after their forced dissolution, then I would not consider them equal to the original, enlightened Illuminati
Last edited by Swindenland on Sun May 17, 2020 11:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun May 17, 2020 12:30 pm

The Illuminati ceased existing in 2012 after MLG parodies died.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 2:25 am

The Illuminati were a real group in the past but I think they vanished in the early 1800s.

They've never controlled the world, and like the NWO, Majestic Twelve and the like are just the demented fantasies of conspiracy theorists.

Yes... that is the truth...

*steeples fingers*

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General