NATION

PASSWORD

Hungary Experiencing "A Stunning Democratic Breakdown"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Sat May 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Well boys we did it, human rights are no more!

Just heil and wave, boys. Heil and wave
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:I mean, in of themselves hybrid regimes or non-democratic regimes are not necessarily bad but Orban is a piece of shit tbh.

Authoritarian regimes are almost universally bad, and even more dependent on their leaders being good decent people than is usually the case with democracies.

Hunzali
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hunzali » Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 pm

The Eastern Cherokee Nation wrote:I just hope people bought guns with there stimulus

How does this relate..at all?

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Diahon wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:I mean, in of themselves hybrid regimes or non-democratic regimes are not necessarily bad but Orban is a piece of shit tbh.

Authoritarian regimes are almost universally bad

Nope.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat May 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Saruvian Empire wrote:A breakdown of democracy in the twenties? Hey wait, I've seen this one!

If this is the roaring 20s, doesn't that mean an Asian God Emperor, a particularly angry and loud German and a spaghetti Boy are about to start a war in 20 years or less?

"Asian God Emperor" = Xi Jinping? Also, he and his top officials are committing the equivalent of the Holocaust every year, for a total death count around 50 million so far. I think he is a lot like Hitler, and would be the primary player.

WW3 is bygone (1960s-1993), so this would be WW4.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Sat May 16, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:
Diahon wrote:
Authoritarian regimes are almost universally bad

Nope.

Yep.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 16, 2020 4:49 pm

I will however laugh if Orban gives up his emergency decrees once this all blows over.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Diahon wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:Nope.

Yep.

The SFR Yugoslavia? Afghanistan under Mohammad Zahir Shah? China under Deng Xiaoping? The USSR under Mikhail Gorbachev?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Saruvian Empire wrote:A breakdown of democracy in the twenties? Hey wait, I've seen this one!

If this is the roaring 20s, doesn't that mean an Asian God Emperor, a particularly angry and loud German and a spaghetti Boy are about to start a war in 20 years or less?

Savini becomes Prime Minister?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat May 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:I will however laugh if Orban gives up his emergency decrees once this all blows over.

He won’t give up his power. I have just discovered a terrible truth. I think Orban is a Sith Lord.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Savini becomes Prime Minister?

Tom Savini? Prime Minister? America doesn't have a Prime Minister...

Kathol Rift wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:I will however laugh if Orban gives up his emergency decrees once this all blows over.

He won’t give up his power. I have just discovered a terrible truth. I think Orban is a Sith Lord.

A Sith Lord?
Last edited by Atheris on Sat May 16, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Atheris wrote:
Diahon wrote:
Yep.

The SFR Yugoslavia? Afghanistan under Mohammad Zahir Shah? China under Deng Xiaoping? The USSR under Mikhail Gorbachev?

France under Napoleon III, Rwanda under Paul Kagame.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Nap the Magnificent wrote:
Atheris wrote:The SFR Yugoslavia? Afghanistan under Mohammad Zahir Shah? China under Deng Xiaoping? The USSR under Mikhail Gorbachev?

France under Napoleon III, Rwanda under Paul Kagame.

Prussia under Otto von Bismarck, Turkey under Mustafa Kemal?
#FreeNSGRojava

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Atheris wrote:
Diahon wrote:
Yep.

"Almost". Also the second part of the quoted sentence.

Oh, and another qualifier -- "whatever good those good decent leaders did not only in no way excuses the excesses of their predecessors, it only makes their efforts all the easier to remove by any number of shitty successors -- and besides, once things go belly up, is there recourse to peaceful correction? no, almost always not".

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Atheris wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Savini becomes Prime Minister?

Salvini.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat May 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Atheris wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Savini becomes Prime Minister?

Kathol Rift wrote:He won’t give up his power. I have just discovered a terrible truth. I think Orban is a Sith Lord.

A Sith Lord?

Yes, the one we’ve been looking for.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
Atheris wrote:Tom Savini? Prime Minister? America doesn't have a Prime Minister...

A Sith Lord?

Yes, the one we’ve been looking for.

How do you know this?
#FreeNSGRojava

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Atheris wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:France under Napoleon III, Rwanda under Paul Kagame.

Early glory, later fuckup, due to inbuilt deficiencies these men of blood, iron, and not enough thirst for fucking power thought to be features.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Atheris wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Yes, the one we’ve been looking for.

How do you know this?
he knows the ways of authoritarianism. He’s been trained to use emergency powers.
Last edited by Kathol Rift on Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Girls Vote

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
Atheris wrote:How do you know this?
he knows the ways of authoritarianism. He’s been trained to use emergency powers.

Are you sure?
#FreeNSGRojava

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Atheris wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:he knows the ways of authoritarianism. He’s been trained to use emergency powers.

Are you sure?

Absolutely.
Hot Girls Vote

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
Atheris wrote:Are you sure?

Absolutely.

Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the European Union is to survive.
#FreeNSGRojava

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Atheris wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:France under Napoleon III, Rwanda under Paul Kagame.

Epirus under Pyrrhus, Russia under Alexander II, England under Edward I, Ancient Egypt for much of its history, Emperor Wu of Han.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Atheris wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Absolutely.

Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the European Union is to survive.

Storm Budapest, rid Magyayorságz of Orban, and thoroughly de-Fideszify the country?

That, I guess, is an option.
Last edited by Diahon on Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Atheris wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Absolutely.

He is very powerful. You’ll need my help if you’re going to depose him.
Hot Girls Vote

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General