NATION

PASSWORD

Should Religions Be Taught in Schools?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How can religions evangelize in schools?

Student groups
22%
Classes
6%
Both
20%
Neither
52%

Total votes : 396

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 am

Polding wrote:The proposition that schools can be separated from religion to assume an indifferent and impartial position is nonsense on its face. A clever but ill-intentioned ploy to subtlety supplant religion and enforce Atheism.That is to say, ‘secularism is is a byword State Atheism. See: Education in the US of America.

Nope.

State Atheism is horrible, just like any enforced stance on religion.

Secularism is the freedom to choose, and the freedom to not be brow-beaten or intimidated into any particular view or religious practises.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Mon May 18, 2020 3:33 am

Polding wrote:Of course, religion ought to be taught by school, parents and society at large. School must teach truth and not falsehood, and the Catholic Faith is the Truth. Different communities may teach their children their faiths too. School is to teach literacy and arithmetic, too, and skills for the performance of a persons’ duties. It is every person’s duty to worship God!

The proposition that schools can be separated from religion to assume an indifferent and impartial position is nonsense on its face. A clever but ill-intentioned ploy to subtlety supplant religion and enforce Atheism.That is to say, ‘secularism is is a byword State Atheism. See: Education in the US of America.

Make Catholicism a mandatory subject, and you will see the awesome sight of torch-bearing US evangelicals and liberals marching together to defend the freedom of religion. And freedom from religion, or in this case, freedom from the arbitrary encroachment of a random foreign church order from near the Mediterranean sea.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 am

Eudea wrote:
Polding wrote:Of course, religion ought to be taught by school, parents and society at large. School must teach truth and not falsehood, and the Catholic Faith is the Truth. Different communities may teach their children their faiths too. School is to teach literacy and arithmetic, too, and skills for the performance of a persons’ duties. It is every person’s duty to worship God!

The proposition that schools can be separated from religion to assume an indifferent and impartial position is nonsense on its face. A clever but ill-intentioned ploy to subtlety supplant religion and enforce Atheism.That is to say, ‘secularism is is a byword State Atheism. See: Education in the US of America.

So you may think. I’ve been perfectly fine without any religion and I can’t see myself existing otherwise.

May you recover from the snares of the devil, by whom you are held captive to his will!
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 am

The US has never pushed state atheism, though sometimes k wish it would.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 am

Region of Dwipantara wrote:

Make Catholicism a mandatory subject, and you will see the awesome sight of torch-bearing US evangelicals and liberals marching together to defend the freedom of religion. And freedom from religion, or in this case, freedom from the arbitrary encroachment of a random foreign church order from near the Mediterranean sea.

Review third sentence, first paragraph. Any religious person that fights for secularism is unwittingly fighting for the Devil and his evil!
Last edited by Polding on Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Eudea
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eudea » Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 am

Polding wrote:
Eudea wrote:
So you may think. I’ve been perfectly fine without any religion and I can’t see myself existing otherwise.

May you recover from the snares of the devil, by whom you are held captive to his will!

What will? Nothing’s been compelling me. That I can be sure of, though the tea god does certainly have a sway. Mmm... Yorkshire Gold...
| STATE OF EUDEA
MT pseudoparadisal island nation in the Pacific, calmly weathering the world.
The Nation  Civil Protection Drugs and Illegal Substances officers publicly congratulated on major drug bust // Eudean black tea named the national hot drink

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 3:38 am

Polding wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Make Catholicism a mandatory subject, and you will see the awesome sight of torch-bearing US evangelicals and liberals marching together to defend the freedom of religion. And freedom from religion, or in this case, freedom from the arbitrary encroachment of a random foreign church order from near the Mediterranean sea.

Review third sentence, first paragraph. Any religious person that fights for secularism is unwittingly fighting for the Devil and his evil!

Is that so? Good then.

Ave Satanas.

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 am

Eudea wrote:
Polding wrote:

What will? Nothing’s been compelling me. That I can be sure of, though the tea god does certainly have a sway. Mmm... Yorkshire Gold...

How can you tell? a veil has been cast over your eyes so that you cannot see! And your heart was dulled by sin so that it cannot hear Him...

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 am

Polding wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Make Catholicism a mandatory subject, and you will see the awesome sight of torch-bearing US evangelicals and liberals marching together to defend the freedom of religion. And freedom from religion, or in this case, freedom from the arbitrary encroachment of a random foreign church order from near the Mediterranean sea.

Or, y'know, doing the smart thing to ensure continued freedom of their ability to live as they wish.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Mon May 18, 2020 3:40 am

Polding wrote:

True! Let's pray together to Allah and banish the devil, for Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Gracious. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Alloohumma Innii A’uudzubka Minal Khubutsi Wal Khobaaitsi.

This is a prayer you are supposed to read before entering the bathroom but whatever
Last edited by Region of Dwipantara on Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 am

Kernen wrote:

The US has never pushed state atheism, though sometimes k wish it would.

>lawful evil

Impossible, because evil is the rejection of the Law.

Eudea
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eudea » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 am

Polding wrote:
Eudea wrote:

How can you tell? a veil has been cast over your eyes so that you cannot see! And your heart was dulled by sin so that it cannot hear Him...

Uh huh... what sin? Unless you somehow can see my “soul” and know me better than myself?
And I can see perfectly fine, thank you, though I admittedly sometimes need glasses to see things further afield.
| STATE OF EUDEA
The Nation  Civil Protection Drugs and Illegal Substances officers publicly congratulated on major drug bust // Eudean black tea named the national hot drink

Hobbes Dystopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbes Dystopia » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 am

That sounds like a Theocracy. You say that schools are a place of "Atheist indoctrination", but you want to turn them into a place of religious indoctrination.
And it is not my duty to worship something I do not believe in, or follow the doctrine of an organisation I despise.
Long live to science! Long live reason!

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 am

Polding wrote:
Eudea wrote:

God is merely the Devil in a white cloak. You’ve been fooled by your own dogma.
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 am

Polding wrote:
Kernen wrote:The US has never pushed state atheism, though sometimes k wish it would.

>lawful evil

If law demands abortion and drug use, then you would get abortions and shoot up?

Perhaps, just maybe, law and morality are separate.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 3:44 am

Kernen wrote:
Polding wrote:>lawful evil

If law demands abortion and drug use, then you would get abortions and shoot up?

I guess they've never played D&D.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Mon May 18, 2020 3:44 am

And returning to the thread topic, this why we need to teach our kids about different religions and points of views, so there is a less chance that they will be brainwashed by cults, or a foreign Italian church, or whatever.

1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 am

Albrenia wrote:
Kernen wrote:If law demands abortion and drug use, then you would get abortions and shoot up?

I guess they've never played D&D.

D&D was also supposed to be of the devil in the 1980s.

Eudea
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eudea » Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 am

Region of Dwipantara wrote:And returning to the thread topic, this why we need to teach our kids about different religions and points of views, so there is a less chance that they will be brainwashed by cults, or a foreign Italian church, or whatever.

Agreed. No doubt there should be an emphasis on critical thinking and encouraging research, knowing which sources are bullshit and others respectable.
Last edited by Eudea on Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
| STATE OF EUDEA

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:46 am

Albrenia wrote:
Polding wrote:Review third sentence, first paragraph. Any religious person that fights for secularism is unwittingly fighting for the Devil and his evil!

Or, y'know, doing the smart thing to ensure continued freedom of their ability to live as they wish.

Surely if they fought for their freedom of religion they would despise secularism; because it is a bargain with the devil; he delivers but with a not inconsiderable payment: the Muslim, Christian, Jew, Buddhist will say, ‘Grant us freedom, and we will pay you its destruction!’

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 am

Polding wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Surely if they fought for their freedom of religion they would despise secularism; because it is a bargain with the devil; he delivers but with a not inconsiderable payment: the Muslim, Christian, Jew, Buddhist will say, ‘Grant us freedom, and we will pay you its destruction!’

Nope, secularism protects religions from the state.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 am

Kernen wrote:
Polding wrote:>lawful evil

My soul truly waiteth still upon God; for of Him comes my salvation.
Last edited by Polding on Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 am

Polding wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

That isn't freedom, that's special treatment. It is not s universally applicable tests, and would both violate the law and be politically unviable.

Lawful Evil

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 am

Sundiata wrote:Yes, religions should be free to evangelize in schools.

I hope the majority of America's youth adopts Hinduism and Shintoism.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Eudea
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eudea » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 am

Polding wrote:
Kernen wrote:If law demands abortion and drug use, then you would get abortions and shoot up?

My soul truly waiteth still upon God; for of Him comets my salvation.

I think you require a different kind of salvation, my friend. Perhaps a little more reading and research could help.
| STATE OF EUDEA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General