NATION

PASSWORD

Should Religions Be Taught in Schools?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How can religions evangelize in schools?

Student groups
88
22%
Classes
22
6%
Both
78
20%
Neither
207
52%
 
Total votes : 395

User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11065
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun May 17, 2020 3:31 pm

La xinga wrote:
Estanglia wrote:
I don't care what's the truth to them. I care what's the truth.

The best (and in effect the truest) explanation for species as they currently are is evolution. Anything else is either outdated (and does not belong in the classroom) or unfounded assumptions (which do not belong in science). If they teach anything other than evolution as the explanation for how species as they currently are came about, they are doing their students a disservice and deserve to be closed down.

Religion is not an excuse for ignorance.

Evolution is not an excuse for ignorance either.


I think I have to go with 'That's actually really damn funny, coming from you'.

I also care what's the truth, and that is exactly why religious schools should continue teaching their anti-evolution studies.


Which are a big steaming pile of bullshit and you should feel bad for thinking they carry any weight whatsoever.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
La xinga wrote:Talk to them, ask them how come they don't teach it.
No, it's not something I am making up. Yes, all holy books of my religion are 100% factual to me, with 0 mistakes.


Asking how you don't so something is pointless.

"How do you not exercise?"
"How do you not paint"

You just don't.
And that is what that school did. As I said it fell to me and my then girlfriend to explain how it worked to this girl. My girlfriend also when to the same Catholic school, but was lucky enough to have progressive parents who wanted her to know about her body.

They both explained that at this Catholic school, my question about sex, conception, or biology was met with either silence, obfuscation, or merely a throw away like about abstinence. All three of those made this girl think that sex is bad, and worse, it made her not understand even the basics of it.

But you think this is fine?

Not how, just how come.
Agrariah wrote:
La xinga wrote:Talk to them, ask them how come they don't teach it.
No, it's not something I am making up. Yes, all holy books of my religion are 100% factual to me, with 0 mistakes.


You're saying that a book, which has been translated across hundreds of languages over thousands of years, is not imperfect? Humans are imperfect beings, I highly doubt that our translations of these books are perfect from the first time they were written. That leads me to wonder, why are there so many different interpretations of the holy books of all religions, if they're supposedly all "factual".

Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Godular wrote:
La xinga wrote:Evolution is not an excuse for ignorance either.


I think I have to go with 'That's actually really damn funny, coming from you'.

I also care what's the truth, and that is exactly why religious schools should continue teaching their anti-evolution studies.


Which are a big steaming pile of bullshit and you should feel bad for thinking they carry any weight whatsoever.

Yeah, totally. That's just your opinion, not factual. You can have your opinions, I can have mine. $leep
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Jedi Council
Minister
 
Posts: 2692
Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Jedi Council » Sun May 17, 2020 3:37 pm

La xinga wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:
Asking how you don't so something is pointless.

"How do you not exercise?"
"How do you not paint"

You just don't.
And that is what that school did. As I said it fell to me and my then girlfriend to explain how it worked to this girl. My girlfriend also when to the same Catholic school, but was lucky enough to have progressive parents who wanted her to know about her body.

They both explained that at this Catholic school, my question about sex, conception, or biology was met with either silence, obfuscation, or merely a throw away like about abstinence. All three of those made this girl think that sex is bad, and worse, it made her not understand even the basics of it.

But you think this is fine?

Not how, just how come.
Agrariah wrote:
You're saying that a book, which has been translated across hundreds of languages over thousands of years, is not imperfect? Humans are imperfect beings, I highly doubt that our translations of these books are perfect from the first time they were written. That leads me to wonder, why are there so many different interpretations of the holy books of all religions, if they're supposedly all "factual".

Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.

I have explained how come, which is better worded as why.

It is because they do not believe in sex education, they believe that sex is a sin, they believe that family planning is a waste of time, or downright sinful as well.

That's why.

And those beliefs badly stunted my friends knowledge of her own body. As I said, if she had been more confidenot and more interested in boys and relationships, this lack of knowledge could have been very dangerous.
"We Are Keepers of the Peace, Not Soldiers"
New Liberal | Anti-Theist | Humanist
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay.

User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11065
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun May 17, 2020 3:37 pm

La xinga wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:
Asking how you don't so something is pointless.

"How do you not exercise?"
"How do you not paint"

You just don't.
And that is what that school did. As I said it fell to me and my then girlfriend to explain how it worked to this girl. My girlfriend also when to the same Catholic school, but was lucky enough to have progressive parents who wanted her to know about her body.

They both explained that at this Catholic school, my question about sex, conception, or biology was met with either silence, obfuscation, or merely a throw away like about abstinence. All three of those made this girl think that sex is bad, and worse, it made her not understand even the basics of it.

But you think this is fine?

Not how, just how come.
Agrariah wrote:
You're saying that a book, which has been translated across hundreds of languages over thousands of years, is not imperfect? Humans are imperfect beings, I highly doubt that our translations of these books are perfect from the first time they were written. That leads me to wonder, why are there so many different interpretations of the holy books of all religions, if they're supposedly all "factual".

Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.


If the book were perfect, it would be able to defy any misinterpretations, nor would it ever need to be translated into different languages.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
La xinga wrote:Not how, just how come.
Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.

I have explained how come, which is better worded as why.

It is because they do not believe in sex education, they believe that sex is a sin, they believe that family planning is a waste of time, or downright sinful as well.

That's why.

And those beliefs badly stunted my friends knowledge of her own body. As I said, if she had been more confidenot and more interested in boys and relationships, this lack of knowledge could have been very dangerous.

Catholicism? Believing Sex is a waste of time? Then that school is heretical, as far as I know, Catholicism doesn't mention anything against Sex, because if they did, they would have no more people, cuz no more children.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Godular wrote:
La xinga wrote:Not how, just how come.
Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.


If the book were perfect, it would be able to defy any misinterpretations, nor would it ever need to be translated into different languages.

If people didn't understand the language, it would be translated sadly.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11065
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun May 17, 2020 3:42 pm

La xinga wrote:
Godular wrote:
I think I have to go with 'That's actually really damn funny, coming from you'.



Which are a big steaming pile of bullshit and you should feel bad for thinking they carry any weight whatsoever.

Yeah, totally. That's just your opinion, not factual. You can have your opinions, I can have mine. $leep


No, no, my position has significantly more evidence to support it than that steaming load of horseshit you claim to stick with. It fails even on the processes involved. We've rather literally gone over every single creationist argument possible throughout various threads on this forum and have rather thoroughly dismantled anything and everything even remotely creationist in nature.

Your 'That's like, just your opinion, man' schtick rings hollow... VERY hollow.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
Albrenia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12595
Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Albrenia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm glad YEC isn't a common thing. Most religious folks in the west seem to be able to live without a horrid level of self delusion, at least.

User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11065
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun May 17, 2020 3:42 pm

La xinga wrote:
Godular wrote:
If the book were perfect, it would be able to defy any misinterpretations, nor would it ever need to be translated into different languages.

If people didn't understand the language, it would be translated sadly.


If the book were perfect, that would not be a problem.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
Jedi Council
Minister
 
Posts: 2692
Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Jedi Council » Sun May 17, 2020 3:43 pm

La xinga wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:I have explained how come, which is better worded as why.

It is because they do not believe in sex education, they believe that sex is a sin, they believe that family planning is a waste of time, or downright sinful as well.

That's why.

And those beliefs badly stunted my friends knowledge of her own body. As I said, if she had been more confidenot and more interested in boys and relationships, this lack of knowledge could have been very dangerous.

Catholicism? Believing Sex is a waste of time? Then that school is heretical, as far as I know, Catholicism doesn't mention anything against Sex, because if they did, they would have no more people, cuz no more children.


You are willingly misreading my statements. I said it's a catholic school which thinks that SEX EDUCATION and FAMILY PLANNING is a waste of time or outright sinful.

That's why the never taught her about sex or her own biology.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Sun May 17, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We Are Keepers of the Peace, Not Soldiers"
New Liberal | Anti-Theist | Humanist
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay.

User avatar
Agrariah
Secretary
 
Posts: 37
Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Agrariah » Sun May 17, 2020 3:43 pm

La xinga wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:
Asking how you don't so something is pointless.

"How do you not exercise?"
"How do you not paint"

You just don't.
And that is what that school did. As I said it fell to me and my then girlfriend to explain how it worked to this girl. My girlfriend also when to the same Catholic school, but was lucky enough to have progressive parents who wanted her to know about her body.

They both explained that at this Catholic school, my question about sex, conception, or biology was met with either silence, obfuscation, or merely a throw away like about abstinence. All three of those made this girl think that sex is bad, and worse, it made her not understand even the basics of it.

But you think this is fine?

Not how, just how come.
Agrariah wrote:
You're saying that a book, which has been translated across hundreds of languages over thousands of years, is not imperfect? Humans are imperfect beings, I highly doubt that our translations of these books are perfect from the first time they were written. That leads me to wonder, why are there so many different interpretations of the holy books of all religions, if they're supposedly all "factual".

Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.


So my question then becomes, if you have say, 300 groups of people that fall under one religion, but have different interpretations of it, then who's version of their holy text is factual? Wouldn't 299 of these groups be wrong?

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Godular wrote:
La xinga wrote:Yeah, totally. That's just your opinion, not factual. You can have your opinions, I can have mine. $leep


No, no, my position has significantly more evidence to support it than that steaming load of horseshit you claim to stick with. It fails even on the processes involved. We've rather literally gone over every single creationist argument possible throughout various threads on this forum and have rather thoroughly dismantled anything and everything even remotely creationist in nature.

Your 'That's like, just your opinion, man' schtick rings hollow... VERY hollow.

It's not hollow, I already told you my proof, and considering that you're going off the thread topic, I wont re-post it.
Godular wrote:
La xinga wrote:If people didn't understand the language, it would be translated sadly.


If the book were perfect, that would not be a problem.

No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:
Jedi Council wrote:
La xinga wrote:Catholicism? Believing Sex is a waste of time? Then that school is heretical, as far as I know, Catholicism doesn't mention anything against Sex, because if they did, they would have no more people, cuz no more children.


You are willing misreading my statements. I said it's a catholic school which thinks that SEX EDUCATION is a waste of time or outright sinful.

That's why the never taught her about sex or her own biology.

In the days of old, people were taught about it after they got married, so why should these days be any different?
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Agrariah wrote:
La xinga wrote:Not how, just how come.
Easy, because it can be interpreted in different ways, since it is so holy for humans to fully grasp.
Humans are imperfect, but the lord is perfect, as i said in my sig. We do have the original, non-translated Lashon HaKodesh with the trope, which was wriiten with prophecy, divine inspiration, or G-d himself.


So my question then becomes, if you have say, 300 groups of people that fall under one religion, but have different interpretations of it, then who's version of their holy text is factual? Wouldn't 299 of these groups be wrong?

Not wrong, depends of what? A word? Or the entire religion?
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Necroghastia
Minister
 
Posts: 3228
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

La xinga wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:You misunderstood my point

As I said a few pages back, a friend of mine went to an all girls Catholic school. At the age of 21, her 3rd year at a top 40 University, she did not understand her own biology, she did not know how someone conceives a child. It was up to my then girlfriend and me to explain it to her.

Her Catholic school had no sex ed, and no human biology course. It left that girl woefully unprepared for life, especially given the generally more liberal attitudes people of my generation hold towards sex. That school was blatantly bad for her education, and if she had been more interested in intimacy or men in general, it could have led her to make terrible choices, or to no understand her choices at all.

By your theory, that school was within its rights to not teach her these things because they do not deem them appropriate, and it is part of their faith that sex/family planning is a bad thing.

How is it then that we allow schools like this to remain open when they do not prepare people for the real world?

Talk to them, ask them how come they don't teach it.

You're defending the practice, why shouldn't we ask you?
Necroghastia wrote:They're saying that filling in any logical gap with "God did it" is something you're making up. And is every holy book factual to you?

No, it's not something I am making up. Yes, all holy books of my religion are 100% factual to me, with 0 mistakes.

You said you do not make up holy books. I was not talking solely about those of your religion, I was asking if you believe every holy book of every religion was true.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Estanglia
Senator
 
Posts: 3614
Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Estanglia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

La xinga wrote:
Godular wrote:
If the book were perfect, that would not be a problem.

No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:


How doesn't it make sense?

If it is perfect, it needs no improvements, nor can you make any improvements. If it cannot be understood by everyone who can't speak the language, then an improvement can be made (making it so everyone who reads it understands it, regardless of if they know the language), therefore it is not perfect.
Yeah: Egalitarianism, equality
Meh: Labour, the EU
Nah: pointless discrimination, authoritarianism, Brexit, Trump, both American parties, the Conservatives
I flop between "optimistic about the future" and "pessimistic about the future" every time I go on NSG.

(Taken 29/08/2020)
Political compass test:
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

8values thinks I'm a Libertarian Socialist.

Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"

User avatar
Jedi Council
Minister
 
Posts: 2692
Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Jedi Council » Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 pm

La xinga wrote:
Godular wrote:
No, no, my position has significantly more evidence to support it than that steaming load of horseshit you claim to stick with. It fails even on the processes involved. We've rather literally gone over every single creationist argument possible throughout various threads on this forum and have rather thoroughly dismantled anything and everything even remotely creationist in nature.

Your 'That's like, just your opinion, man' schtick rings hollow... VERY hollow.

It's not hollow, I already told you my proof, and considering that you're going off the thread topic, I wont re-post it.
Godular wrote:
If the book were perfect, that would not be a problem.

No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:
Jedi Council wrote:
You are willing misreading my statements. I said it's a catholic school which thinks that SEX EDUCATION is a waste of time or outright sinful.

That's why the never taught her about sex or her own biology.

In the days of old, people were taught about it after they got married, so why should these days be any different?

Because this is not "the days of old."

In our modern world, the average person has a total of seven sexual partners throughout their life. As I have said, this girl, who was in University, and had a good social life, could have been faced with situations around men where she was woefully unprepared and uneducated. Saying "you'll learn about it when you are married" helps no one.

So no, that's not an answer to the problem of bad education in catholic schools around Sex.
"We Are Keepers of the Peace, Not Soldiers"
New Liberal | Anti-Theist | Humanist
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay.

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
La xinga wrote:Talk to them, ask them how come they don't teach it.

You're defending the practice, why shouldn't we ask you?

No, it's not something I am making up. Yes, all holy books of my religion are 100% factual to me, with 0 mistakes.

You said you do not make up holy books. I was not talking solely about those of your religion, I was asking if you believe every holy book of every religion was true.

LOL I'm not Catholic.
And no, I do not believe books that are not of my religion. Why? :eyebrow:
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11065
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun May 17, 2020 3:49 pm

La xinga wrote:
Godular wrote:
No, no, my position has significantly more evidence to support it than that steaming load of horseshit you claim to stick with. It fails even on the processes involved. We've rather literally gone over every single creationist argument possible throughout various threads on this forum and have rather thoroughly dismantled anything and everything even remotely creationist in nature.

Your 'That's like, just your opinion, man' schtick rings hollow... VERY hollow.

It's not hollow, I already told you my proof, and considering that you're going off the thread topic, I wont re-post it.


Your proof never existed. You rather literally have nothing, which means you are essentially treating any prospect of your specific faith appearing in schools as a self-aggrandizing soap-box with no other purpose than to evangelize.

Godular wrote:
If the book were perfect, that would not be a problem.

No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:


If the book were 'perfect' as you claim it to be, the meaning on its pages would be clear to all, regardless of what language they speak, and it would not be subject to different interpretations. As different interpretations exist, and the book must be translated, we must conclude that the text is not 'perfect'.
Last edited by Godular on Sun May 17, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
Necroghastia
Minister
 
Posts: 3228
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:51 pm

La xinga wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You're defending the practice, why shouldn't we ask you?
You said you do not make up holy books. I was not talking solely about those of your religion, I was asking if you believe every holy book of every religion was true.

LOL I'm not Catholic.

But you said schools should be free to ignore what doesn't suit their religion. I made no claim of what your own religion was.
And no, I do not believe books that are not of my religion. Why? :eyebrow:

So they're less truthful, to you? Then why should they be taught as fact?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Estanglia wrote:
La xinga wrote:No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:


How doesn't it make sense?

If it is perfect, it needs no improvements, nor can you make any improvements. If it cannot be understood by everyone who can't speak the language, then an improvement can be made (making it so everyone who reads it understands it, regardless of if they know the language), therefore it is not perfect.

G-d wants people to work hard to figure his words out. The more credit of course!
Jedi Council wrote:
La xinga wrote:It's not hollow, I already told you my proof, and considering that you're going off the thread topic, I wont re-post it.
No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:
In the days of old, people were taught about it after they got married, so why should these days be any different?

Because this is not "the days of old."

In our modern world, the average person has a total of seven sexual partners throughout their life. As I have said, this girl, who was in University, and had a good social life, could have been faced with situations around men where she was woefully unprepared and uneducated. Saying "you'll learn about it when you are married" helps no one.

So no, that's not an answer to the problem of bad education in catholic schools around Sex.

Do I think that people should have several sexual partners? I don't. Everyone in my family had one, and Sexual Partner? LOL why? Why are people have kids with people that are not married to them. See, my religion forbids that, only if you are married to the person may you have kids with them.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Estanglia
Senator
 
Posts: 3614
Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Estanglia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm

La xinga wrote:
Estanglia wrote:
How doesn't it make sense?

If it is perfect, it needs no improvements, nor can you make any improvements. If it cannot be understood by everyone who can't speak the language, then an improvement can be made (making it so everyone who reads it understands it, regardless of if they know the language), therefore it is not perfect.

G-d wants people to work hard to figure his words out. The more credit of course!


Then it's not perfect for my aforementioned reasons.
Yeah: Egalitarianism, equality
Meh: Labour, the EU
Nah: pointless discrimination, authoritarianism, Brexit, Trump, both American parties, the Conservatives
I flop between "optimistic about the future" and "pessimistic about the future" every time I go on NSG.

(Taken 29/08/2020)
Political compass test:
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

8values thinks I'm a Libertarian Socialist.

Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"

User avatar
Tokora
Diplomat
 
Posts: 750
Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tokora » Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Godular wrote:
Tokora wrote:No one will ever agree to do this but I always liked the idea of a class that taught about currently practiced faiths equally and leaving it up to the students to decide which is true.


Returning to 'Decent in concept, trainwreck in practice'...

Why? Lack of enforcement?

User avatar
Albrenia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12595
Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Albrenia » Sun May 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Ok, I'm out for real now. Was a fun discussion, even if ultimate pointless.

User avatar
La xinga
Minister
 
Posts: 3483
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La xinga » Sun May 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Godular wrote:
La xinga wrote:It's not hollow, I already told you my proof, and considering that you're going off the thread topic, I wont re-post it.


Your proof never existed. You rather literally have nothing, which means you are essentially treating any prospect of your specific faith appearing in schools as a self-aggrandizing soap-box with no other purpose than to evangelize.

No, your post makes no sense. :eyebrow:


If the book were 'perfect' as you claim it to be, the meaning on its pages would be clear to all, regardless of what language they speak, and it would not be subject to different interpretations. As different interpretations exist, and the book must be translated, we must conclude that the text is not 'perfect'.

I told you my proof.
And G-d wants you to work hard to find out interpretations.
And it should not havbe been translated into differnt languasges,.
Necroghastia wrote:
La xinga wrote:LOL I'm not Catholic.

But you said schools should be free to ignore what doesn't suit their religion. I made no claim of what your own religion was.
And no, I do not believe books that are not of my religion. Why? :eyebrow:

So they're less truthful, to you? Then why should they be taught as fact?

Exactly, they could. We should however speak to them, and find out the stuff we don't understand.
So they're less truthful, to you? Then why should they be taught as fact?

They could, in their own school. Public school teaches whatever the nation, state, or city wants them too, while there should be priavte schools who can teach the stuff that don't contradict their religion.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Bienenhalde, Cannot think of a name, Denathor, Dresderstan, Ethel mermania, Fleenland, Gandhian India, Geneviev, Gig em Aggies, Glorious Hong Kong, Google [Bot], Ifreann, Jerzylvania, Kanadorika, Knica Eas, Kowani, Major-Tom, Martizensca, Nejii, Novus America, Rathalas, Riviere Renard, Rusozak, Seangoli, Shrillland, The Black Forrest, The Grand Duchy of Muscovy, The North America Union, The Rich Port, Thermodolia, Washington Resistance Army, Yasuragi, Zunt

Advertisement

Remove ads