NATION

PASSWORD

Weaponised caring

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Weaponised caring

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 am

Has anyone else noticed this? It drives me up the wall.

When somebody says something somebody else disagrees with, it stops being about what the person has to say and it starts being about them - namely, what's wrong with them, and how sorry the person hearing what they have to say feels for them. "You're a loser" was too abrasive and unlikely to get the opposite side making concessions to you, so after a couple of decades the top minds of internet argumentation decided that pretending to care about strangers with retarded opinions is much more effective. Obviously the person doesn't give a shit and is just gaslighting in an attempt to make the other person think they're a bad person or have something wrong with them for disagreeing with them, but that doesn't stop the oh-so caring individual from doubling down on it and insisting that something must truly be wrong with you if you disagree with them.

What do I mean by this? You say something, and you get these kinds of responses: "It's so sad you believe that", "that's an unhealthy way to think" "that's a really toxic mindset", "you need help", some variation of "get therapy", most aggravatingly "are you okay?", and perhaps most hilariously "who hurt you?". The goal is to make the person they disagree with seem like some sad person with past trauma and a chip on their shoulder, so what they have to say does not reflect reality at all and is just a symptom of the sorry state they're in. You're hurt and we can fix you, just agree with our worldview. It's basically calling someone an incel or a basement dweller, but you're being nice to them so they'll look unhinged if they tell you to go fuck yourself.

The only problem with this is that it isn't applied to shit like saying you think everyone is staring at you and wants you to kill yourself, or something else someone who's really burnt or mentally ill would say, it's just used against anyone saying literally anything negative about anything, any individual or any group of people whatsoever. You can say something that's true and people who sanctimoniously defend the public against hearing things that aren't socially acceptable will insist you are a damaged lunatic for saying it. If you're angry or upset about anything whatsoever, the problem is inside your brain rather than in the world around you.

I have two theories about this, and I want you guys to tell me if I'm right about them or not.

Firstly, I think almost all of the people doing this are Americans or are really Americanised culturally. America is the nation of shitty pop-psychology self-help books (see Carnegie) and soullessly grinning in the presence of a camera every time without exception. When Americans smile at each other, it is more likely to be passive-aggressive domineering posturing rather than a genuine display of joy (often baring their teeth - Americans are a lot like chimpanzees in this respect). Americans are temporarily embarrassed billionaires locked in a social and economic death struggle with each other, which is why they even go to the point of kicking out their 18 year old kids for not paying them 500 a month in rent. It seems only natural that the American psyche lends itself to throwing underhanded passive-aggressive mock-psychoanalytical "caring" at strangers who disagree with you on the internet. America's culture is actually kind of terrible, how are you even supposed to fix it?

Secondly, this is wageslavery's fault. Every workplace seems to have posters everywhere related to "mental health" and "wellbeing".

I myself literally worked at a call centre and there was literally a telling people to ask others "are you okay?" on the wall. Nobody who works at a call centre is okay, except maybe the doofus manager who just sits there all day watching everyone and gets paid twice as much. Nobody cares that they're not okay either, the only reason there's such a drive to make sure everyone in the workplace is "okay" is because the inability of somebody having a mental breakdown to put up with 50 hours of minimum wage service work a week is bad for the company, which has to expend time and effort dealing with it it could use to generate more revenue or expand its presence. Wageslaves aren't useful if they aren't okay, which is why your narc subhuman of a manager is somehow okay but you aren't if you want to blow his head off and then your own every time a customer asks you something you aren't even supposed to know the answer to.

As human productivity peaks and only so much financial wizardry can keep the GDP growing on paper, the powers that be have decided to wring as much value out of the cattle as possible by attempting to psychologically condition them into working as enthusiastically and efficiently as possible without technological progress aiding the increase in productivity. Any failure to cope with the intensification of slavery is mental illness and not "being okay".

Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? The utilisation of this 21st century workplace trick in internet argumentation carries the same underlying FUCK YOU it does in the workplace. When someone asks if you're okay, it's probably not because they actually care if you're okay or even want to know if you're actually okay. It's because you look kind of nauseous after having hot shit squirted in your mouth. Your "toxic mindset" didn't materialise out of thin air and it isn't just you, the world is actually a shitheap in some aspects but prissy Americans channeling the spirit of their cunt managers demand you keep quiet about it for your own wellbeing (presumably).
Last edited by Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania on Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 am

Is this post triggered by your racist forum post because if so, you'd have to have expected to be somewhat insulted for trying to justify racism dude.
Keep in mind that my nation has nothing to do with my real life political views, it's just funner to play as a crackpot slavedriver then a goody two shoes

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 8:44 am

Applause,reminds of me some people I know here, but they know who they are.
Last edited by Las Islas de Metanoia on Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 am

Dont try and justify racism then

*forehead tap*
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:Is this post triggered by your racist forum post because if so, you'd have to have expected to be somewhat insulted for trying to justify racism dude.

I'm a POC (Person of Color) AKA a non-privelaged Brown dude, myself and I have to admit that pure Europeans look more aesthetic than other peoples except the Melanesians who are blonde haired and brown skinned and some Latinos who have colored eyes and tanned skin.

I'm trying to free Europeans from being afraid of stating facts, that their race is more beautiful than others, otherwise people will call them racist. Facts are racist if a White person says it.
Last edited by Las Islas de Metanoia on Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Wed May 13, 2020 8:46 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:Is this post triggered by your racist forum post because if so, you'd have to have expected to be somewhat insulted for trying to justify racism dude.

No, it's just a very aggravating form of passive-aggressiveness that I see all over shitholes like reddit and twitter. I've had this on my mind for a while. It's worthy of discussing because it's so pervasive as of the past couple years and I haven't seen anyone really go into it like I'd like to see.
Last edited by Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania on Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Dont try and justify racism then

*forehead tap*

*nuzzles you in cutesy manner*
dont disagree with me owo

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 8:49 am

Las Islas de Metanoia wrote:

I'm a POC (Person of Color) AKA a non-privelaged Brown dude, myself and I have to admit that pure Europeans look more aesthetic than other peoples except the Melanesians who are blonde haired and brown skinned and some Latinos who have colored eyes and tanned skin.

I'm trying to free Europeans from being afraid of stating facts, that their race is more beautiful than others, otherwise people will call them racist. Facts are racist if a White person says it.

Three things.
1. That's not racist, it's just a sexual preference.
2. That's not a fact.
3. That's not what I meant when I talked about OP's racist post.
Keep in mind that my nation has nothing to do with my real life political views, it's just funner to play as a crackpot slavedriver then a goody two shoes

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 8:50 am

Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Dont try and justify racism then

*forehead tap*

*nuzzles you in cutesy manner*
dont disagree with me owo

Oh you're so cute when you are angry, go take your anti-pyschotic medication. You're only angry at injustice in the world because you haven't taken your pills. :lol:

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 8:51 am

No, it's just a very aggravating form of passive-aggressiveness that I see all over shitholes like reddit and twitter. I've had this on my mind for a while. It's worthy of discussing because it's so pervasive as of the past couple years and I haven't seen anyone really go into it like I'd like to see.

I'm not american so maybe I have a different experience with this. But any time the insults have been mentioned in an argument it's not passive aggressive it's normally sarcastic aggression. "What the hell is wrong with you like are you okay?" except "Who hurt you" that has only been used as a joke in my experience.

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 8:53 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:

Three things.
2. That's not a fact.

Oooooh really? Is it not a fact that colored eyes especially bright blue and green for example are more eye-popping (literally) and thus attract far more attention, than dark brown colored eyes and if its not a fact, do you want me to show you a survey proving that European features are the most universally adored? Don't tempt me cutey. Reality is reality. And I'm saying this as a disadvantaged brown person who would be classed lower in attractiveness due to my race.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed May 13, 2020 8:54 am

And what do you have against corporate management? D:
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 8:57 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:Three things.
2. That's not a fact.

Oooooh really? Is it not a fact that colored eyes especially bright blue and green for example are more eye-popping (literally) and thus attract far more attention, than dark brown colored eyes and if its not a fact, do you want me to show you a survey proving that European features are the most universally adored? Don't tempt me cutey. Reality is reality. And I'm saying this as a disadvantaged brown person who would be classed lower in attractiveness due to my race.

I'm saying this as a disadvantaged brown person aswell. It's an opinion not a fact. I'm not even gonna go into anything else you said before I drop into a rabbit hole.
Last edited by Tyrannyicalist on Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 9:01 am

Tinhampton wrote:And what do you have against corporate management? D:

I dislike Corporatism when its divorced from Communitarianism.

I like companies who takes care of their people like in the Japan model where even the company pays for the pension of the people and where enthusiasm is fostered and love of the art or craft is grown. I dislike the American multinational model where they outsource their labor to manufacture cheap shoes in China so that the people there live like slaves while earning sub-standard salaries while at the same time selling high prices to markets in the west. The artisan and the merchant used to be so close in the renaissance era, merchant families in Venice for example, used to patronize artists and philosophers to make their homes. Now merchants in modern companies anonymise and dehumanize their partners.
Last edited by Las Islas de Metanoia on Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:

I'm saying this as a disadvantaged brown person aswell. It's an opinion not a fact. I'm not even gonna go into anything else you said before I drop into a rabbit hole.

Silly you, you shouldn't defend and puff yourself up like that, you should get a white liberal leftist to defend your dignity for you and you do likewise for him, otherwise, we wouldn't act with grace and finesse and we devolve into self-interested animals.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:Three things.
2. That's not a fact.

Please stop worshiping us, we are committing racial suicide as you read this. We are dying of cancer, and only look even remotely appealing to you at this point because we are trying to export our cancer to the rest of the world. Please love your own group and disregard white people please. Just because our ancestors' vitamin D deficiency, horse-riding rapists from the volga and some dude with broken genes for producing eumelanin pigment in his eyes living around the Caspian at around the end of the last ice age make us look funky doesn't mean you should fawn over us like this or white knight for our beyond far-gone race on the internet.

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 am

Tinhampton wrote:And what do you have against corporate management? D:

I like companies who takes care of their people like in the Japan model where even the company pays for the pension of the people and where enthusiasm is fostered and love of the art or craft is grown. I dislike the American multinational model where they outsource their labor to manufacture cheap shoes to China so that the people there live like slaves while earning sub-standard salaries while at the same time selling high prices to markets in the west. The artisan and the merchant used to be so close in the renaissance era, Merchant families in Venice for example, used to patronize artists and philosophers to make their homes. Now merchants in modern companies anonymise and dehumanize their partners.

Also in Japan where workers can work 50 hours a week? Or in Japan where 2,000 workers died from work-related stress in 2016 and more workers died from work related ailments? No country is perfect.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 am

Please stop worshiping us, we are committing racial suicide as you read this. We are dying of cancer, and only look even remotely appealing to you at this point because we are trying to export our cancer to the rest of the world. Please love your own group and disregard white people please. Just because our ancestors' vitamin D deficiency, horse-riding rapists from the volga and some dude with broken genes for producing eumelanin pigment in his eyes living around the Caspian at around the end of the last ice age make us look funky doesn't mean you should fawn over us like this or white knight for our beyond far-gone race on the internet.

What even is this thread lol
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Wed May 13, 2020 9:07 am

Yes, I've seen this before.
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:...

I have two theories about this, and I want you guys to tell me if I'm right about them or not.

1) This problem, if it's as widespread as you claim, is not solely in the US. I understand that you do not seem to like that country, which may result in a certain amount of bias on your part. I have similar issues when discussing the Chinese government. Also, just as an anecdote, most of the smiles I see when in public tend not to be "[chimp-like] passive-aggressive domineering posturing". They're either genuine or the fake public relations type (which is different from said 'posturing').

2) You may be partially correct about this.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The British American Colonies
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The British American Colonies » Wed May 13, 2020 9:07 am

Lol who’s we?
The Beatles, The Who, Yes, Pink Floyd, and RUSH.
Victoria 2, Hoi4, CK2, Stellaris

Las Islas de Metanoia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas de Metanoia » Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:

I like companies who takes care of their people like in the Japan model where even the company pays for the pension of the people and where enthusiasm is fostered and love of the art or craft is grown. I dislike the American multinational model where they outsource their labor to manufacture cheap shoes to China so that the people there live like slaves while earning sub-standard salaries while at the same time selling high prices to markets in the west. The artisan and the merchant used to be so close in the renaissance era, Merchant families in Venice for example, used to patronize artists and philosophers to make their homes. Now merchants in modern companies anonymise and dehumanize their partners.

Also in Japan where workers can work 50 hours a week? Or in Japan where 2,000 workers died from work-related stress in 2016 and more workers died from work related ailments? No country is perfect.

Japan is rich is not?

Tyrannyicalist
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrannyicalist » Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 am

Tyrannyicalist wrote:

Japan is rich is not?

What does being rich have to do with what I said? By that logic both the american and chinese examples you mentioned should also not apply.

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Wed May 13, 2020 9:10 am

Thats what debating is supposed to be. Passive Aggressiveness, Weaponized Caring, Hidden Insults, and much more. I mean this is just a fact of life. Just as much as this is an isssue as racism, OP. I've think i made my stance on that when you claimed it wasn't. Weaponized Caring will always exist. Racism will always exist. These things will always exist. Its up to us to stop it.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:Please stop worshiping us, we are committing racial suicide as you read this. We are dying of cancer, and only look even remotely appealing to you at this point because we are trying to export our cancer to the rest of the world. Please love your own group and disregard white people please. Just because our ancestors' vitamin D deficiency, horse-riding rapists from the volga and some dude with broken genes for producing eumelanin pigment in his eyes living around the Caspian at around the end of the last ice age make us look funky doesn't mean you should fawn over us like this or white knight for our beyond far-gone race on the internet.

What even is this thread lol

I dunno, mate.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 am

South Acren wrote:Thats what debating is supposed to be. Passive Aggressiveness, Weaponized Caring, Hidden Insults, and much more. I mean this is just a fact of life. Just as much as this is an isssue as racism, OP. I've think i made my stance on that when you claimed it wasn't. Weaponized Caring will always exist. Racism will always exist. These things will always exist. Its up to us to stop it.

I vaguely agree w/ the OP. Just fucking be civil. We don't have to deal w/ others' passive-aggressivism and coded language. Just be explicit/frank in what you're trying to say instead of hiding it behind so many layers.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General