NATION

PASSWORD

Why is racism bad? So capitalism can run smoothly?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Tue May 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Heloin wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:But why is it bad? Why is that bad?

I've know people murdered for no reason other then racism. How is that good if you say racism isn't bad?

In 1998, during the May crisis (when according to my mom, the military was mysteriously pulled out of Jakarta), chaos and looting engulfed the capital. Thousands of racists go around the town searching for Chinese shops and houses, killing and raping them and burning them alive. If you think that's good, then I have no cure.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Ors Might wrote:Race is a pretty shit way of unifying people, tbh. It relies not only upon racial identifiers being clear cut but also upon race-mixing just not being a thing.

It is. Actually a the average “white” American has more in common with the the average “black” American than they do with the average “white” Russian. Because people cannot really change their race it is a poor unifying factor completely compared to things people can choose or things like culture.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Racism is the Big Dumb, racists are bad, mock racists of every stripe
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm

God damn, that FWB post from the other day had a more comprehensible point than this.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Atheris wrote:oh, also, another reason why racism is bad is because of a man who i won't mention by name, but it rhymes with "radolf schmitler"

I mean technically ALOT that was Antisemitism, which is discrimination against those of the Jewish faith. I mean yeah, he was inherently racist as well, but hes more known for uhhh.....you know....a better example would be the discrimination of those from Middle Eastern nations by a few countries in the west *cough* US im lookin at you *Cough* SCHMITLER didnt actually make Racism bad. He helped ruin lots of things, but racism was a problem before mr mustachio
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 pm

Novus America wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Race is a pretty shit way of unifying people, tbh. It relies not only upon racial identifiers being clear cut but also upon race-mixing just not being a thing.

It is. Actually a the average “white” American has more in common with the the average “black” American than they do with the average “white” Russian. Because people cannot really change their race it is a poor unifying factor completely compared to things people can choose or things like culture.

Like I will throw fucking hands if someone suggests that I should identify with Europeans just because most of them are about as white as I am.
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Region of Dwipantara wrote:
Heloin wrote:I've know people murdered for no reason other then racism. How is that good if you say racism isn't bad?

In 1998, during the May crisis (when according to my mom, the military was mysteriously pulled out of Jakarta), chaos and looting engulfed the capital. Thousands of racists go around the town searching for Chinese shops and houses, killing and raping them and burning them alive. If you think that's good, then I have no cure.

50/50 dude. Probably good for him. Shall we notify the mod?
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 pm

South Acren wrote:
Atheris wrote:oh, also, another reason why racism is bad is because of a man who i won't mention by name, but it rhymes with "radolf schmitler"

I mean technically ALOT that was Antisemitism, which is discrimination against those of the Jewish faith. I mean yeah, he was inherently racist as well, but hes more known for uhhh.....you know....a better example would be the discrimination of those from Middle Eastern nations by a few countries in the west *cough* US im lookin at you *Cough* SCHMITLER didnt actually make Racism bad. He helped ruin lots of things, but racism was a problem before mr mustachio

mr. schmitler was really the one that made racism prominent in the minds of most, though. a lot of people didn't condemn racism and anti-semitism before ww2, and some openly condoned it (cough woodrow wilson cough)

also, a lot of schmitler's actions in the holocaust were against roma, slavs, and people he deemed "inferior races"
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Racism is bad because you are discriminating a group of people thinking that your group is better based on their ethnicity. This can cause a LOT of world tension.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Tue May 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Atheris wrote:mr. schmitler was really the one that made racism prominent in the minds of most, though. a lot of people didn't condemn racism and anti-semitism before ww2, and some openly condoned it (cough woodrow wilson cough)

also, a lot of schmitler's actions in the holocaust were against roma, slavs, and people he deemed "inferior races"

Fair point, you have a point. Mr Schmitler did cause alot of unsavory things towards "Non-Aryans" From poland all the way to the USSR. Hell he even had specialized units for....well, you know. So yeah, i can see it.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:Racism is bad because you are discriminating a group of people thinking that your group is better based on their ethnicity. This can cause a LOT of world tension.

approximately 30% if we're going off of germany's focuses alone
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue May 12, 2020 9:48 pm

South Acren wrote:
Atheris wrote:mr. schmitler was really the one that made racism prominent in the minds of most, though. a lot of people didn't condemn racism and anti-semitism before ww2, and some openly condoned it (cough woodrow wilson cough)

Fair point, you have a point. Mr Schmitler did cause alot of unsavory things towards "Non-Aryans" From poland all the way to the USSR. Hell he even had specialized units for....well, you know. So yeah, i can see it.

It is fortunate that Herr Mustache is too stupid to realize his own and his country capability. Otherwise...
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Region of Dwipantara wrote:
Heloin wrote:I've know people murdered for no reason other then racism. How is that good if you say racism isn't bad?

Depressing world sometimes ain't it. I come from a group of people who embraced it to our own ends and fell victim to it. Yet at the end racism is nothing but hate for nothing real, only imaginary with real victims at the end of it.

United Walrus Clans
Civilian

Founded: May 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Walrus Clans » Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 pm

You are using fancy words to dress up racism as some sort of friendly rivalry between groups. Racism is far more evil and pernicious than you recognize. It's usually just an excuse to seize power and/or resources from another group, saying they're "savages" or "inferior" to ease one's conscience. Yes, racism has allowed nations of predominantly white people to excel, by brutally seizing resources from people in the Americas, Africa, and elsewhere. But I thought that we had gotten to a place where we can condemn are past and move past using racism as an excuse for oppression. Systematically destroying other peoples for their resources (land, labor, natural resources, etc.) is profitable, but luckily we live in an age in which we recognize how evil that behavior is.

The sort of racism that exists in most countries today is actually extremely counterproductive to the benefit of society as a whole. In the US, racism costs society. Instead of accessing the potential of many Americans, we are channeling them into lives of crime, which will strain our healthcare system, our justice system, our prison system, and the overall well-being of our society. Racism is mindless hate and prejudice based on (mostly) superficial characteristics, using up valuable resources that could be spent elsewhere. It is not even a tool to reap resources of other groups; the groups we live in are made up of many races and infighting is counterproductive, according to the model you propose, at least.

Even when racism is used to benefit the "in-group", as you say, it can be devastating. Just look at the moral degradation of the American South before the Civil War, and how they dealt with their race problems afterwards. Racism is inherently evil, and that effect can be felt in the peoples who practice it. Some of your citations of "racist" behavior are pretty weak too, like the Jews using racism to benefit their own. Obviously the Jews have been very protective of their own throughout history, but a lot of that is due to their being a minority that needed to protect itself against constant persecution.

I think the most disturbing part of your defense of racism is that you have to make such convoluted arguments to protect it, it is clear that you have very little basis for what you are saying. Prejudice is blind to the facts.

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm

We all agree racism is bad.. but noone pointed out we could actually end racism for good if we all became one race. All we have to do it have sex till we are all the same color.

Everyone gets laid and we end racism. Then we can spend all our time trying to get to Mars and make flying cars like Vantetine Z said.
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Vando0sa wrote:We all agree racism is bad.. but noone pointed out we could actually end racism for good if we all became one race. All we have to do it have sex till we are all the same color.

Everyone gets laid and we end racism. Then we can spend all our time trying to get to Mars and make flying cars like Vantetine Z said.

For once, I'll agree with the raider here. Let's just combine every color of every human on Earth and then see what we get. That's the color that we should all become.
#FreeNSGRojava

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Vando0sa wrote:We all agree racism is bad.. but noone pointed out we could actually end racism for good if we all became one race. All we have to do it have sex till we are all the same color.

Is....that even possible? Scientifically maybe....but realistically no. Humans are too much of assholes to even want to work together to fix the rainforest so i doubt this could actually work. Besides theres always going to be people not interested.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Tosanchi
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tosanchi » Tue May 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Jesus Christ

Why am I reading this cringefest at exactly 1 AM

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Based.

/s
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Atheris wrote:

For once, I'll agree with the raider here. Let's just combine every color of every human on Earth and then see what we get. That's the color that we should all become.

Assuming we're all willing to die of toxic shock, silver infusions would make us all a sickly shade of blue.

The Sladerstan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sladerstan » Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Uh...
No.... to that last thing.

Or we could end racism by teaching people not to judge others based on appearance? Not to mention we already are 1 Race, the Human Race?
Last edited by The Sladerstan on Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Well... That was enough cringe for the entire day already... And it's not even 8 in the morning yet.

BRB, buying a ticket to Mars.
Last edited by Kandorith on Tue May 12, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Atheris wrote:For once, I'll agree with the raider here. Let's just combine every color of every human on Earth and then see what we get. That's the color that we should all become.

Assuming we're all willing to die of toxic shock, silver infusions would make us all a sickly shade of blue.

That's sick. I'm blue, but now I'm going to da ba de da ba die.

Tosanchi wrote:Jesus Christ

Why am I reading this cringefest at exactly 1 AM

EAST COAST TIMEZONE GANG
Last edited by Atheris on Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Given that we bicker over every single damn thing in existence, that's gonna be a hard sell.
Kandorith wrote:Well... That was enough cringe for the entire day already... And it's not even 8 in the morning yet.

You should've seen the FWB thread from yesterday; just as bad.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:10 pm

-Astoria wrote:

Given that we bicker over every single damn thing in existence, that's gonna be a hard sell.
Kandorith wrote:Well... That was enough cringe for the entire day already... And it's not even 8 in the morning yet.

You should've seen the FWB thread from yesterday; just as bad.

FWB?
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General