NATION

PASSWORD

Why is racism bad? So capitalism can run smoothly?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Tue May 12, 2020 8:53 pm

why is racism such a bad thing?
Ask everyone who's been murdered, beaten, accosted, etc because of their race bruh. Its out-f*ckin-dated and a completely unneeded, unwanted, and just plain wrong act of unwarented hatred towards someone for your own dumb ideas.
Last edited by South Acren on Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue May 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:
HIreland wrote:Even if your entire post was true, racism would still be only a poor substitute for true altruism. You seem to be implying that to help others you have to exclude people from those whom you would help.

Does true altruism even exist? That's another debatable thing. And if it is, how many people exhibit it?
The exclusion of others is a sign you're consolidating those around you into an ingroup and looking out for your boys. It's a good model.

das RYTE

we just out here lookin out for the .B oys :clap:
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:54 pm

I mean your entire argument is based around shared goals of a "in-group", whatever that even means.

like you realize people can rally around something other than being a cunt to others because of "oh he's from the south, they're poor"
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
most glorious puppet of UIJ
i am almost certainly drunk/high on NS, forgive me (or not idc) if its' obvious
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 8:54 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:To quote Mussolini - "Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. ... National pride has no need of the delirium of race."

Just because the Italian fascists weren't anally retentive nordicists doesn't mean they were colourblind.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 8:55 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:I mean your entire argument is based around shared goals of a "in-group", whatever that even means.

like you realize people can rally around something other than being a cunt to others because of "oh he's from the south, they're poor"

Like what? the US dollar? communism? religion?

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:55 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:To quote Mussolini - "Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. ... National pride has no need of the delirium of race."

Just because the Italian fascists weren't anally retentive nordicists doesn't mean they were colourblind.

yeah and they weren't good people funny how that works
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

South Acren wrote:why is racism such a bad thing?
Its out-f*ckin-dated

Racism is not bad because it's old, it's bad because it's bad. Old things aren't bad, bad things are bad.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:I mean your entire argument is based around shared goals of a "in-group", whatever that even means.

yeah sure, anything
seems rather basic to me

and again
UIS Leviathan wrote:Because you shouldn't judge a person by their skin color or ethnicity, but rather their character?
Is that really too hard for you to do?
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:

yeah and they weren't good people funny how that works

The US troops that liberated Europe were segregated
Everyone and their mother was racist before 1960
Last edited by Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania on Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Civic nationalism exists, that solves the problem of in group-ness without needing hatred
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:I mean... it's unjust. Unfair. Untrue.

Why?

Treating people differently because of an accident of birth is inherently unjust and unfair. Which is obvious if you've thought about it at all. Racism as an idea is untrue.

This isn't terribly difficult. It's telling that you need it spelled out for you.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Yes. Do you have a point?
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valrifell wrote:

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:yeah and they weren't good people funny how that works

The US troops that liberated Europe were segregated
Everyone and their mother was racist before 1960

okay, so?
that's not a point, really

"Oh well back then everyone and their dog was racist"

yeah and we died at like 50 what's your point
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:Why?

Treating people differently because of an accident of birth is inherently unjust and unfair. Which is obvious if you've thought about it at all. Racism as an idea is untrue.

This isn't terribly difficult. It's telling that you need it spelled out for you.

I mean, when even a Neanderthal gets it...

:P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The Iron Wizards of Blacktower
Secretary

Founded: May 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Iron Wizards of Blacktower » Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm

Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:Are you sure that isn't geography? There are thousands of years between the Indo-European conquest of the Gangetic Plain, and the emergence of the modern gap in development between south and north India. I highly doubt the Indo-Europeans are at fault. By this logic, the Basques should be the most cultures, developed, wealthy people in Europe.

Geography isn’t the whole story. You can’t have as much of a merchant class if you turn groups of people I.e. non-aryans into serfs (caste system). Look at China. As much as I like Chinese history, culture and political philosophy, they penalized the merchant class so that it turned towards landlordism or other avenues out of their own (as intended), because it was seen as an uncontrolled element that didn’t get its status directly serving the imperium in approved manners, I.e. you could get rich without serving in the imperial bureaucracy. The bureaucracy of course was insular and conservative, so that China never became colonial. Obviously this hampered China’s progress in other ways, and they never really took industrialization seriously aside from weaponry (though part of that is manpower surplus). Racism takes a process like this and applies to groups of people, like blacks.
Last edited by The Iron Wizards of Blacktower on Tue May 12, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Its out-f*ckin-dated

Racism is not bad because it's old, it's bad because it's bad. Old things aren't bad, bad things are bad

Seeing you removed the rest of the post saying, and i quote
Its out-f*ckin-dated and a completely unneeded, unwanted, and just plain wrong act of unwarranted hatred towards someone for your own dumb ideas.
So....dont twist my words.
Last edited by South Acren on Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:Like what? the US dollar? communism? religion?

Yes. Do you have a point?

It isn't organic, people coming together over abstractions ends badly.
You get eternal debt slavery or the run down shithole that was the late GDR or the Thirty Years' War.

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Wow this is just... wow.

Cant tell if the OP is just trying to be edgy or if he is really this delusional.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 pm

South Acren wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Racism is not bad because it's old, it's bad because it's bad. Old things aren't bad, bad things are bad

Seeing you removed the rest of the post saying, and i quote
Its out-f*ckin-dated and a completely unneeded, unwanted, and just plain wrong act of unwarranted hatred towards someone for your own dumb ideas.
So....dont twist my words.

Yes I agree with you on that but I disagree on "outdated", that's not a valid reason why racism is bad.
Valrifell wrote:

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 pm

wait are you just trying to justify being a racist because you're an edgelord
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 pm

It's the year 2020. We are supposed to advance so much so that we might as well be colonizing Mars, or getting self-lacing shoes, or flying cars. The people in the 20th Century were really happy about how the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s just might be.

But nope. We got a nonsensical preach about why racism is a good thing.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:Yes. Do you have a point?

It isn't organic, people coming together over abstractions ends badly.
You get eternal debt slavery or the run down shithole that was the late GDR or the Thirty Years' War.

I...

Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valrifell wrote:

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm

The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:Are you sure that isn't geography? There are thousands of years between the Indo-European conquest of the Gangetic Plain, and the emergence of the modern gap in development between south and north India. I highly doubt the Indo-Europeans are at fault. By this logic, the Basques should be the most cultures, developed, wealthy people in Europe.

Geography isn’t the whole story. You can’t have a merchant class if you turn them all into serfs. Look at China. As much as I like Chinese history, culture and political philosophy, they penalized the merchant class so that it turned towards landlordism or other avenues out of their own (as intended), because it was seen as an uncontrolled element that didn’t get its status directly serving the imperium in approved manners, I.e. you could get rich without serving in the imperial bureaucracy. The bureaucracy of course was insular, so that China never became colonial. Obviously this hampered it’s progress in other ways. Racism takes a process like this and applies to groups of people, like blacks.

As opposed to what, equal opportunity hell under porky? If the US was slightly more racist it would have shipped them all back to Africa and stopped them from living as a marginalised diaspora group. Muhammad Ali himself spoke in favour of in-group preference.
Last edited by Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania on Tue May 12, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania » Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:It isn't organic, people coming together over abstractions ends badly.

I...

I will now engage in petty squabbles so that my vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:04 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:I...

I will now engage in petty squabbles so that my vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant

Religion is bad because of the thirty years war, but racism is good because of slavery and the holocaust?
Valrifell wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General