NATION

PASSWORD

If you had $241 trillion...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon May 11, 2020 4:53 pm

Eudea wrote:I like to think I would be relatively charitable and donate the majority of it to humanist, human rights and trustworthy non-profit organisations to help improve the lives of the poor, non-religious and other vilified minorities like homosexuals worldwide. Especially in the Muslim world and the Bible Belt.

However in actuality it’s possible I may or may not try and use a lot of the money in pursuing immortality and power, especially if it allowed me to then influence global politics and achieve hypothetical goals like the balkanisation of Russia, the global revival of paganism and the end of American hegemony. That is, however, quite out there to say the least but I will admit I’d love to see all 3 of those among other things.

On a more personal level I’d be more concerned with helping the entirety of my family live nicer, upper middle class lives rather than what our current living standards are like. Maybe train myself to be more aware of my spending and only spend when necessary, except in the metaphorical fight against Christian and Muslim dominance. That I would actively be a part of, especially in trying to deradicalise America and push for Islamic reformation.

So in short: I’d focus on improving my own and my family’s living standards before donating to organisations to help alleviate poverty, improve life for atheists and homosexuals, and try to topple Christianity, Islam, Russia and America. Of course this “toppling” of countries would be more in line with liberal balkanisation and nationalism in the form of ethnocultural secession.

Jesus Christ the amount of people that actually want to destabilize the world just because it's not in their perfect image is astounding.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Eudea wrote:I like to think I would be relatively charitable and donate the majority of it to humanist, human rights and trustworthy non-profit organisations to help improve the lives of the poor, non-religious and other vilified minorities like homosexuals worldwide. Especially in the Muslim world and the Bible Belt.

However in actuality it’s possible I may or may not try and use a lot of the money in pursuing immortality and power, especially if it allowed me to then influence global politics and achieve hypothetical goals like the balkanisation of Russia, the global revival of paganism and the end of American hegemony. That is, however, quite out there to say the least but I will admit I’d love to see all 3 of those among other things.

On a more personal level I’d be more concerned with helping the entirety of my family live nicer, upper middle class lives rather than what our current living standards are like. Maybe train myself to be more aware of my spending and only spend when necessary, except in the metaphorical fight against Christian and Muslim dominance. That I would actively be a part of, especially in trying to deradicalise America and push for Islamic reformation.

So in short: I’d focus on improving my own and my family’s living standards before donating to organisations to help alleviate poverty, improve life for atheists and homosexuals, and try to topple Christianity, Islam, Russia and America. Of course this “toppling” of countries would be more in line with liberal balkanisation and nationalism in the form of ethnocultural secession.

Jesus Christ the amount of people that actually want to destabilize the world just because it's not in their perfect image is astounding.

Remember kids, things won't be better than now when the world ends. They'll be worse, much, much worse.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon May 11, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Mon May 11, 2020 5:35 pm

I will give every third world country a loan they cannot resist, but with an insanely high interest rate that they can never pay. I will then foreclose on their countries to build an empire. I will create a vast army and conquer the rest of the world. I will then use all of the world's resources for a massive space program so that I may continue my conquest by conquering the solar system and later the galaxy and later THE WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE NONE WILL BE SAFE FROM ME HAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Isn't that already how most rich people act and operate on a day to day basis?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 pm

New haven america wrote:

Isn't that already how most rich people act and operate on a day to day basis?

That just makes it worse.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 pm

New haven america wrote:Isn't that already how most rich people act and operate on a day to day basis?

That just makes it worse.

There's a reason why the poorest in America tend to be conservatives who are against government assistance or social safety nets, and that's because the conservative rich in America spent the past 60 or so years making it that way through propaganda and campaigns.

So yeah, anyone who claims to want to use the money to further their own political agenda or ideals is simply following the status quo, tbh.
Last edited by New haven america on Mon May 11, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon May 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Tbh, I'd probably go crazy and spend my fortune on genetically engineered catgirls, a moon-projector, and a 14-part high-quality film adaptation of Homestuck.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon May 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:Tbh, I'd probably go crazy and spend my fortune on genetically engineered catgirls, a moon-projector, and a 14-part high-quality film adaptation of Homestuck.

One of Us! One of Us!
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That's actually a good idea. I could get behind that.

Mate, you have one of the agreeable sigs I've ever read. *friends*

Thanks man! Nice sig yourself.

Paying off the US national debt is a great idea. The government needs to stop spending money it doesn't have.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 11, 2020 7:39 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Tbh, I'd probably go crazy and spend my fortune on genetically engineered catgirls, a moon-projector, and a 14-part high-quality film adaptation of Homestuck.

One of Us! One of Us!

catgirls!catgirls!
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Remulia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Remulia » Mon May 11, 2020 7:42 pm

Knowing me, I would distribute that fortune among my family in equal parts, and with what I have left, I would use it for personal expenses ... after saving half of that.
FACTBOOKS and DISPATCHES

NSstats aren't used by this nation.

A Class 0,5 Civilization according to this index.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Mon May 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Sundiata wrote:$240 trillion to the Catholic Church.

$241 trillion dollars fall into your lap and your first instinct is to give it the richest organization in the world instead of helping the poor like Christ intended?

The Pope doesn't need that money, dude. The Vatican is sitting on piles of cash that could be spent to help the needy. They don't need anymore money.

The Church isn't as wealthy as it may seem; it's also one of, if not the largest charitable organization in the world. A lot of what the church has acquired has been accumulated through the centuries and can't really be approximated in terms of price. Most of what the church gives though, it gives to those in need.

We do practice what we preach.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
New haven america wrote:One of Us! One of Us!

catgirls!catgirls!

This.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon May 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Sundiata wrote:
$241 trillion dollars fall into your lap and your first instinct is to give it the richest organization in the world instead of helping the poor like Christ intended?

The Pope doesn't need that money, dude. The Vatican is sitting on piles of cash that could be spent to help the needy. They don't need anymore money.

The Church isn't as wealthy as it may seem; it's also one of, if not the largest charitable organization in the world. A lot of what the church has acquired has been accumulated through the centuries and can't really be approximated in terms of price. Most of what the church gives though, it gives to those in need.

Of course, this is impossible to verify, because the Church refuses any open audit. And provides no accounting of what it does with it's money.

Which is not the sort of behavior you expect out of someone who is actually practicing what they preach.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Mon May 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Sundiata wrote:The Church isn't as wealthy as it may seem; it's also one of, if not the largest charitable organization in the world. A lot of what the church has acquired has been accumulated through the centuries and can't really be approximated in terms of price. Most of what the church gives though, it gives to those in need.

Of course, this is impossible to verify, because the Church refuses any open audit. And provides no accounting of what it does with it's money.

Which is not the sort of behavior you expect out of someone who is actually practicing what they preach.

If you want to get to know the church in a practical sense, get to know Opus Dei. The work speaks for itself.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Mon May 11, 2020 10:03 pm

give the vast majority away anonymously ASAP because otherwise I'm a target for kidnapping , robbery and blackmail!

With the ummm 100Million-1Billion I choose to keep I TRAVEL THE WORLD and in my travels I'd scope out lands and buy real estate (and pay the taxes on it for 50 years).. particularly in South America and Siberia. :clap:

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Mon May 11, 2020 10:11 pm

devious me: I buy ALL LAND and de-industrialize the world forcing man-kind back into hunter-gatherer (neolithic?) tribalism except for the few I place into a bio-dome for a Logan's Run experiment.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Sundiata wrote:

The Church isn't as wealthy as it may seem; it's also one of, if not the largest charitable organization in the world. A lot of what the church has acquired has been accumulated through the centuries and can't really be approximated in terms of price.

The real estate could. Though should the price be lesser (with a church or cathedral on it, which is likely protected by law), or the greater (what a developer would pay if they were allowed to knock the church down and build something of their own) ..?

I'm no friend of the church, but I do like they keep old churches and cathedrals in cities. Instead of one more skyscraper.

Most of what the church gives though, it gives to those in need.

Among the church's assets are profit-bearing ones like shares. So I would judge the church's charity by whether they are becoming poorer in the process of giving to the needy. It's possibly they're just giving away what their assets are earning in income.

Suppose the church does sell some real estate. And gives the money to charity. They're not necessarily any poorer for it, considering the constant appreciation of all their other real estate.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue May 12, 2020 12:12 am

Certainly, I'd splurge a good deal of it, maybe take a few million and buy myself a respectable 3 bedroom home and Genesis G70 or something of that like. Perhaps buy a small condo in Montreal or Santa Fe for the summers.

But apart from that, I'm a frugal person by nature, I don't particularly like spending money on myself and I'm always far too cautious about what to do with my income as a general rule. I'd just donate just about all of the money, while being mindful of those with malicious intent to the best of my ability. But with $241 trillion, it's beyond reason that any legal team would really act in your best interest in terms of redistributing that money.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Tue May 12, 2020 12:39 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Sundiata wrote:The Church isn't as wealthy as it may seem; it's also one of, if not the largest charitable organization in the world. A lot of what the church has acquired has been accumulated through the centuries and can't really be approximated in terms of price.

The real estate could. Though should the price be lesser (with a church or cathedral on it, which is likely protected by law), or the greater (what a developer would pay if they were allowed to knock the church down and build something of their own) ..?

I'm no friend of the church, but I do like they keep old churches and cathedrals in cities. Instead of one more skyscraper.

Most of what the church gives though, it gives to those in need.

Among the church's assets are profit-bearing ones like shares. So I would judge the church's charity by whether they are becoming poorer in the process of giving to the needy. It's possibly they're just giving away what their assets are earning in income.

Suppose the church does sell some real estate. And gives the money to charity. They're not necessarily any poorer for it, considering the constant appreciation of all their other real estate.

Ave Maria.

The answer is not to sell cathedrals or churches, but to buy more land in order to house the poor. Churches and cathedrals are gifts to the poor. They belong to us all, especially the poor, as they allow even the poorest to worship in luxury. The poor are the treasure of the church.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 am

Maybe the church could stop taking collection money from the poor.
Everything is intertwinkled

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Tue May 12, 2020 12:51 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Maybe the church could stop taking collection money from the poor.

The charitable are given more in heaven than they can possibly receive on this earth.
Last edited by Sundiata on Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Saint Nicholas and the Hussars
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Nicholas and the Hussars » Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 am

Make a huge dome with very human-like AI characters to inhabit. The dome has a realistic city, setting, background and all. Its very own world, really. Then, put this guy in it, and see how long it takes him to figure out his new reality. Put the cat girls in it, but he if touches one it turns into a tall pure white dude with weird hands that look like claws and glowing eyes. Make it seem normal to him. Also, make it ground hog day.
Last edited by Saint Nicholas and the Hussars on Tue May 12, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howtoremoveanarchistscumfromnationstates.mp4
Proud sponsor of BARYITE MACHINE CORPORATION™©™ (Powering Manipulation™)™™

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 am

Thermodolia wrote:That number is so large that I’d have trouble comprehending how rich I’d be let alone figure out what to do with it

This. Very much this. With that much money, the answer to "what would you do" can be summed up in 6 words:

Yes, yes, yes! Oh my God...

Seriously, though: when you have what is essentially a literal carte blanche in hand, it no longer becomes a question of "what you can do," but a question of "what you can't do."
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue May 12, 2020 2:38 am

Burn half of it (but really burn all of it) to send Batman a message.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General