NATION

PASSWORD

What Religion will last the Longest?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What Religion will last the Longest?

Catholicism
11%
Christianity (in general)
29%
Islam
12%
Buddhism
5%
Atheism (even though its not a religion)
42%

Total votes : 266

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue May 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
La xinga wrote:BUT IT'S THE TRUE IDEA! :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

It would cause you to actively misinterpret parts of the Bible that are explicitly non-literal.

Like when Jesus tells you to forgive someone, "not seven times, but seventy times seven!"

A literal interpretation is that you should forgive someone exactly 490 times. But Jesus is clearly trying to express that there should be no limit to forgiveness. The literal interpretation is wrong.

Church services have clickers for a reason, mate.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:It would cause you to actively misinterpret parts of the Bible that are explicitly non-literal.

Like when Jesus tells you to forgive someone, "not seven times, but seventy times seven!"

A literal interpretation is that you should forgive someone exactly 490 times. But Jesus is clearly trying to express that there should be no limit to forgiveness. The literal interpretation is wrong.

Church services have clickers for a reason, mate.

??

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm

La xinga wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Church services have clickers for a reason, mate.

??

It's so the ushers can get an accurate count of attendance. I was being flippant.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Diopolis wrote:
La xinga wrote:??

It's so the ushers can get an accurate count of attendance. I was being flippant.

:blink: Huh?

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 pm

La xinga wrote:
Diopolis wrote:It's so the ushers can get an accurate count of attendance. I was being flippant.

:blink: Huh?

The reason there are clickers in a church.

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue May 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Atheism is not a religion as the poll says, but I have a hard time believing that the trend away from religion and towards agnosticism or atheism will be reversing any time soon.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed May 13, 2020 5:28 am

:blink:
Diopolis wrote:
La xinga wrote: :blink: Huh?

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 am

Diopolis wrote:
La xinga wrote: :blink: Huh?

:blink: ???
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 am

Honestly If I had to take a guess I would say christianity or subcategories of it. Though I think none of it should last much longer without major reformations, like tolerance of all religions and not saying non believers will be damned to eternal suffering for not believing in a God that has yet to show himself in the modern world, but that's just me...
Last edited by Satuga on Wed May 13, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

Rhodanie
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodanie » Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 am

I think it will be paganism because if there is a big collapse of the society, training priests would not be the priority and you don't need anyone to pray the great Tengri to give you a place to sleep and a fire to cook your bear steak. Even if you can pray without anyone to help you, church services are too important for Christianity to hold for long. (and sorry for potential bad english)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General