NATION

PASSWORD

What Religion will last the Longest?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Catholicism
11%
Christianity (in general)
29%
Islam
12%
Buddhism
5%
Atheism (even though its not a religion)
42%

Total votes : 266

Yacothiaa
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Yacothiaa » Fri May 08, 2020 10:55 am

I think Christianity will last the longest, even though the amount of Muslims are growing more then the amount of Christians.
Last edited by Yacothiaa on Fri May 08, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 08, 2020 10:58 am

Yacothiaa wrote:I think Christianity will last the longest, even though the amount of Muslims are growing more then the amount of Christians.

One sentence does not an Opening Post make. You might want to say why you think this and what evidence you have to back up your opinion. Single-spaced, footnotes at the bottom of the page. ;)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri May 08, 2020 11:03 am

Christianity is still a baby religion. Hinduism has a headstart of a few millennia - and the Egyptian pantheon is still unbeaten ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri May 08, 2020 11:05 am

Tengriism.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri May 08, 2020 11:08 am

Judaism. We've lasted this long, and that religion's still ticking.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 08, 2020 11:09 am

Cekoviu wrote:Tengriism.

There will always be a sky :)
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri May 08, 2020 11:10 am

The options in this poll are all kinds of crud. Two options for Christianity? Three out of five options abrahamic (and still no Judaism)? Nothing relating to Polytheistic/Pagan/otherwise non-standard faiths? Yeesh...
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Nationstatorship
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎

Postby Nationstatorship » Fri May 08, 2020 11:10 am

Judaism, it's already lasted for a very long while.
The 203 Sectors of Nationstatorship: Peace is a nice thing. But Democracy? Liberty? Bah!
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏  ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏
 ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
  ‎‏‏‎ ********************

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 08, 2020 11:11 am

Godular wrote:The options in this poll are all kinds of crud. Two options for Christianity? Three out of five options abrahamic (and still no Judaism)? Nothing relating to Polytheistic/Pagan/otherwise non-standard faiths? Yeesh...

Voxija wrote:Judaism. We've lasted this long, and that religion's still ticking.

I found this? Whatever.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am

Menassa wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Tengriism.

There will always be a sky :)

Not if I have anything to do with it!
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am

Godular wrote:The options in this poll are all kinds of crud. Two options for Christianity? Three out of five options abrahamic (and still no Judaism)? Nothing relating to Polytheistic/Pagan/otherwise non-standard faiths? Yeesh...

Maybe the OP thinks that the proliferation of Christianity and Islam are the same as Judaism.

A girl can dream.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 08, 2020 11:13 am

I haven't seen anyone do it in a while but talking about Roman Catholicism as if it was a religion distinct from Christianity has been common in these parts on occasion. It's weird.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri May 08, 2020 11:15 am

Farnhamia wrote:

I haven't seen anyone do it in a while but talking about Roman Catholicism as if it was a religion distinct from Christianity has been common in these parts on occasion. It's weird.

It would appear that you have now seen it done again.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Terabithya
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Terabithya » Fri May 08, 2020 11:15 am

The Catholic Church is the one and only true Church of God and only Catholicism will prevail. Eventually all Christian churches will be reunited when our Lord Jesus Christ returns, and the entire mankind will become Catholic (but since there won't be split churches anymore one will probably say "Christian" rather than "Catholic").

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 am

La xinga wrote:

Voxija wrote:Judaism. We've lasted this long, and that religion's still ticking.

I found this? Whatever.

*Looks at poll*

Hmm. Yeah, I'm not seeing that anywhere. How's about ya pay attention to what I was saying, if ya'd be so kind?
New to F7? Click here!

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 am

Farnhamia wrote:

The weirdest part is Catholicism is in decline, as is Eastern Christianity. Protestantism is the one that keeps growing.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Fri May 08, 2020 11:17 am

Atheism is the only faith people are born with. Everything else must be learned or invented. And it's the only option that does not eventually change over time.
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!
We're not Communist and we love noodles.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 08, 2020 11:17 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I haven't seen anyone do it in a while but talking about Roman Catholicism as if it was a religion distinct from Christianity has been common in these parts on occasion. It's weird.

The weirdest part is Catholicism is in decline, as is Eastern Christianity. Protestantism is the one that keeps growing.

Thanks JPII

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 08, 2020 11:17 am

Terabithya wrote:The Catholic Church is the one and only true Church of God and only Catholicism will prevail. Eventually all Christian churches will be reunited when our Lord Jesus Christ returns, and the entire mankind will become Catholic (but since there won't be split churches anymore one will probably say "Christian" rather than "Catholic").

[ Press X to Doubt ]
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Given the sheer size and momentum of the Abrahamic religions, they really would be the best candidates as far as longevity goes. Christianity's core message tends to resonate better with people than Islam, and the rate of evangelism has been climbing since the 20th century, so I'd reckon it would continue ticking well into the 22nd century. After that point, science will likely develop to the point where Christianity (as well as other religions) will likely see a shift towards more naturalistic interpretations of scriptures. The other dominant worldview, of course, would consist of those who simply dismiss the existential questions science still cannot answer (ie. atheism).

Einstein's quote summarizes this future best: "Either everything is a miracle, or nothing is."
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Sadakoyama wrote:Atheism is the only faith people are born with. Everything else must be learned or invented. And it's the only option that does not eventually change over time.

I don't think little children believe that there is no God....

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Terabithya wrote:The Catholic Church is the one and only true Church of God and only Catholicism will prevail. Eventually all Christian churches will be reunited when our Lord Jesus Christ returns, and the entire mankind will become Catholic (but since there won't be split churches anymore one will probably say "Christian" rather than "Catholic").

[ Press X to Doubt ]

Thanks for making me break my keyboard, ya bastage.

(If it's not immediately obvious, that's a joke)
Last edited by Godular on Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Menassa wrote:

Thanks JPII

I don't see what John Paul II has to do with this? Unless I'm missing something?

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am

Weak agnosticism please add to the poll :)
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am