NATION

PASSWORD

What Would It Take for You to Vote for Biden?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you plan to vote? (Someone asked for this poll)

Biden (because I support Biden)
8%
Biden (because he's the lesser of two evils)
19%
Trump (for some reason)
20%
Third Party (or Independent)
9%
Write-In (maybe Bernie)
2%
I don't know right now
2%
I don't know (but I am not voting for Biden and/or Trump)
2%
I don't plan to vote
2%
I am against electoral politics
4%
I can't vote (under voting age, not a citizen, disenfrancisement, etc...)
32%

Total votes : 1342

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 am

Being burned alive.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 am

Arzt0zka wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Commitment against political corruption.

Reform campaign finance laws.
Abolish the electoral college.
End gerrymandering.

If you end the electoral college the USA will transition into effectively a one party leftist state due to california and new york along with major city's.

Most of the population doesn't live in the ten largest US cities.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 5:38 am

Liriena wrote:
New Bremerton wrote:Officially declare an all-out Cold War with China, and be more belligerent and outspoken than Trump currently is. Sever all diplomatic, economic, trade and cultural ties with the PRC and declare it the Evil Empire that it is. Impose crippling economic sanctions to break the Chinese economy and foment a domestic uprising against the CCP. Remember to compel the Democrats to fall in line with a three-line congressional whip or be expelled from the party. This is the most important requirement. China has fucked with the whole world for far too long. It is time the CCP be made to pay for its unforgivable crimes against humanity. If Joe Biden does this, I will consider supporting him over Trump. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Maintain a strong military presence in the Asia-Pacific. Preside over the expansion of NATO into NAIPTO (North Atlantic and Indo-Pacific Treaty Organization) to include Australia, Japan, India, and other allies in a bid to contain Chinese neocolonial aggression. Encircle the fuck out of the PRC and make the Chinese shit their pants. Stand with Hong Kong, Taiwan and other embattled neighbors. Liberate Hong Kong NOW! I want my hometown back.

Investigate China for its failure to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Sue the living daylight out of the CCP and demand reparations.

Continue to hold the WHO to account for its inability or unwillingness to adequately investigate China's role in the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. Call for the resignation of Tedros, Aylward, and other corrupt, top-level officials and lobby for a more impartial, incorruptible replacement to the post of Director-General as some European countries such as Sweden are doing. Only then should funding for the WHO be restored.

Reject the politics of hatred and identity politics on both the intersectional far-left and the white identitarian, incel, far-right, and focus on national unity. Repudiate TYT, Cenk Uygur, Ilhan Omar, Linda Sarsour, Rashida Tlaib, radical feminists, Women's March, MeToo, Black Lives Matter, tankies, antisemites, "anti-Zionists", Students for "Justice" for Palestine, Antifa, Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, Black Hebrew Israelites, etc. Do the same for far-right extremists such as David Duke, the KKK, Richard Spencer, Gavin McInnes, Rebel Media, Proud Boys, etc. Purge the Democratic Party of far-left extremists. This is the second most important requirement.

Pledge to address male suicide, male rape in prisons, domestic violence against men and boys, the anti-male bias in divorce proceedings, and other men's issues. Repudiate the Duluth model as discredited junk science and misandrist misinformation. Hold feminists accountable for the gradual erosion of due process and presumption of innocence. Wholeheartedly push back against their vindictive, emotionally manipulative, psychologically gaslighting, anti-male agenda.

Put an end to gender quotas and adopt an officially neutral stance on encouraging women and girls to work in traditionally male-dominated industries. There is nothing wrong with the latter but everything wrong with the former.

End race-based affirmative action on college campuses, especially against Asian-Americans. Everyone must be treated equally.

Put an end to this talk of "reparations" for African-Americans.

Declare radical Islam to be incompatible with liberal, Western, and American values, and a threat to the American way of life. Bar anyone who holds views incompatible with the liberal, democratic values of the United States from applying to become U.S. citizens.

Make English an official language of the United States. Require all prospective applicants for U.S. citizenship to master the language.

Deport all illegal immigrants. Uphold the rule of law. Illegals should not be allowed to undermine the hard work of the millions of legal immigrants who enter the United States, respect local customs, and obey the law to the letter.

Denounce political correctness in all its forms and let those who espouse woke PC ideology and display zero gratitude to their country of birth know that they can always emigrate for greener pastures.

Issue a Stay-At-Home executive order and adopt South Korea's tried and tested methods to tackle the coronavirus and save lives. Even a draconian Malaysian-style lockdown, where anyone caught violating the lockdown is arrested and charged on the spot with a maximum two-year jail sentence, is better than nothing. The sooner the United States can recover from the pandemic, the sooner it can hold China accountable for its wanton criminal negligence, incompetence, and refusal to take any responsibility whatsoever for its failure to contain the Wuhan coronavirus. That's if the pandemic hasn't run its course by November.

Gradually implement universal healthcare at the local level starting with a handful of major, Democrat-voting cities, with only residents of areas covered by the pilot scheme required to pay the necessary taxes. If successful politically and in practice, begin rolling it out to the suburbs, and finally, the rest of the country. Immunize the United States against future pandemics.

Left-wing, social democratic, economic policies such as the above should be phased in gradually and not implemented overnight. Such policies should aim to uplift the poor and economically disenfranchised regardless of race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, etc, etc. No woke, PC, affirmative action, please.

Adopt Andrew Yang's Freedom Dividend and implement a U.S.$1000/month Universal Basic Income for all U.S. citizens.

Embrace thorium nuclear power as a solution to climate change. Rejoin the 2016 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.

Stand with Israel like Trump has done, more than any other U.S. president in recent history. Kudos to him.

Sever all ties with Saudi Arabia, impose sanctions, and repudiate the genocidal War on Yemen, but maintain Trump's current policy of hostility toward Iran. Put an end to the Saudi-sponsored export of Wahhabism/Salafism of the Zakir Naik sort. This toxic, theocratic ideology is poisoning the Malaysian well where I live.

Mend trade relations with Europe, Japan and other reliable, democratic allies and lift all trade tariffs against them, but continue to maintain trade tariffs against China.

Transition the United States from a presidential democracy to a Westminster-style parliamentary democracy with Irish-style, ranked-choice, proportional representation. Remember to resign as President and stand as Prime Minister. The post of POTUS will be reduced to a ceremonial role with limited reserve powers similar to that of a constitutional monarch, such as Queen Elizabeth II. Be sure to negotiate a coalition/confidence-and-supply arrangement with smaller parties, because your (Joe Biden's) party alone likely won't wield a simple majority in the House of Representatives due to the nature of proportional representation giving broader representation to a wider array of more specific, public interests, and you (JB) need that House majority in order to form a government and approve budgets, including the President's Speech, in the first place.

Enact judicial reforms. The power to nominate Supreme Court Justices should fall to an independent commission answerable only to the Senate to avoid any further politicization of the judiciary. Justices must be nominated by at least two-thirds (67+) of Senators. The President shall play no such role.

In summary, turn the United States into a carbon copy of New Bremerton, in other words.

Finally, be as abrasive and outspoken as Trump. Post offensive shit on Twitter to rile up the far-right, the far-left and the CCP. Be a source of good laughs and entertainment like Trump is. Impress me and I will lend my support for you (Joe Biden).

CORRECTION: Justices nominated by the Independent Commission must be approved, not nominated, by at least two-thirds (67+) of Senators.

Cringe gold mine

Right now I'm trying to escape the stay at home order. If Biden declares a national lockdown, it'll mean we've been locked down for a year by that point.

Also we don't need another cold war. I hate China too but as far as I'm concerned, once we've booted their diplomats out and moved our businesses back, China is no longer our concern.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 01, 2020 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 5:42 am

Arzt0zka wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I don't think so.

The political positions of California and New York aren't etched in stone. Hearts and minds can be changed with a peaceful case for our values.

I live near a major city in New York, they will never change unless the demographics somehow flip the entirely opposite way around. With the popular vote in place you would have a system more closely aligned to communism then any christian teaching you hold so dear.

You know as well as i do that corporations have too much power in America and will never even allow social democracy, let alone communism.

If they really thought communism was about to take over, they'd probably just go full State of Emergency, cancel elections and start detaining protesters.

Dukin Donuts
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dukin Donuts » Fri May 01, 2020 6:46 am

It entirely depends on who his Vice President is. Personally I don’t see Biden being able to accomplish anything while in office.
Rojava Free State wrote:
Arzt0zka wrote:I live near a major city in New York, they will never change unless the demographics somehow flip the entirely opposite way around. With the popular vote in place you would have a system more closely aligned to communism then any christian teaching you hold so dear.

You know as well as i do that corporations have too much power in America and will never even allow social democracy, let alone communism.

If they really thought communism was about to take over, they'd probably just go full State of Emergency, cancel elections and start detaining protesters.

It’s sad that you think corporations have that much power, if a bit ridiculous as there is a slew of Republicans that would press the red button if communism ever rose to prominence in the States.
Dukin
Donuts
Coffee,Donuts,Sandwiches
Dukin’s Flag Kibble

Who We Are| Fast Facts| Corporate Security |Puppet Nations|Interested in Franchising with Dukin? Click Here
Registered Republican 2020 Voter

Ayro Va
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayro Va » Fri May 01, 2020 6:49 am

New Bremerton wrote:Officially declare an all-out Cold War with China, and be more belligerent and outspoken than Trump currently is. Sever all diplomatic, economic, trade and cultural ties with the PRC and declare it the Evil Empire that it is. Impose crippling economic sanctions to break the Chinese economy and foment a domestic uprising against the CCP. Remember to compel the Democrats to fall in line with a three-line congressional whip or be expelled from the party. This is the most important requirement. China has fucked with the whole world for far too long. It is time the CCP be made to pay for its unforgivable crimes against humanity. If Joe Biden does this, I will consider supporting him over Trump. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Maintain a strong military presence in the Asia-Pacific. Preside over the expansion of NATO into NAIPTO (North Atlantic and Indo-Pacific Treaty Organization) to include Australia, Japan, India, and other allies in a bid to contain Chinese neocolonial aggression. Encircle the fuck out of the PRC and make the Chinese shit their pants. Stand with Hong Kong, Taiwan and other embattled neighbors. Liberate Hong Kong NOW! I want my hometown back.

Investigate China for its failure to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Sue the living daylight out of the CCP and demand reparations.

Continue to hold the WHO to account for its inability or unwillingness to adequately investigate China's role in the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. Call for the resignation of Tedros, Aylward, and other corrupt, top-level officials and lobby for a more impartial, incorruptible replacement to the post of Director-General as some European countries such as Sweden are doing. Only then should funding for the WHO be restored.

Reject the politics of hatred and identity politics on both the intersectional far-left and the white identitarian, incel, far-right, and focus on national unity. Repudiate TYT, Cenk Uygur, Ilhan Omar, Linda Sarsour, Rashida Tlaib, radical feminists, Women's March, MeToo, Black Lives Matter, tankies, antisemites, "anti-Zionists", Students for "Justice" for Palestine, Antifa, Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, Black Hebrew Israelites, etc. Do the same for far-right extremists such as David Duke, the KKK, Richard Spencer, Gavin McInnes, Rebel Media, Proud Boys, etc. Purge the Democratic Party of far-left extremists. This is the second most important requirement.

Pledge to address male suicide, male rape in prisons, domestic violence against men and boys, the anti-male bias in divorce proceedings, and other men's issues. Repudiate the Duluth model as discredited junk science and misandrist misinformation. Hold feminists accountable for the gradual erosion of due process and presumption of innocence. Wholeheartedly push back against their vindictive, emotionally manipulative, psychologically gaslighting, anti-male agenda.

Put an end to gender quotas and adopt an officially neutral stance on encouraging women and girls to work in traditionally male-dominated industries. There is nothing wrong with the latter but everything wrong with the former.

End race-based affirmative action on college campuses, especially against Asian-Americans. Everyone must be treated equally.

Put an end to this talk of "reparations" for African-Americans.

Declare radical Islam to be incompatible with liberal, Western, and American values, and a threat to the American way of life. Bar anyone who holds views incompatible with the liberal, democratic values of the United States from applying to become U.S. citizens.

Make English an official language of the United States. Require all prospective applicants for U.S. citizenship to master the language.

Deport all illegal immigrants. Uphold the rule of law. Illegals should not be allowed to undermine the hard work of the millions of legal immigrants who enter the United States, respect local customs, and obey the law to the letter.

Denounce political correctness in all its forms and let those who espouse woke PC ideology and display zero gratitude to their country of birth know that they can always emigrate for greener pastures.

Issue a Stay-At-Home executive order and adopt South Korea's tried and tested methods to tackle the coronavirus and save lives. Even a draconian Malaysian-style lockdown, where anyone caught violating the lockdown is arrested and charged on the spot with a maximum two-year jail sentence, is better than nothing. The sooner the United States can recover from the pandemic, the sooner it can hold China accountable for its wanton criminal negligence, incompetence, and refusal to take any responsibility whatsoever for its failure to contain the Wuhan coronavirus. That's if the pandemic hasn't run its course by November.

Gradually implement universal healthcare at the local level starting with a handful of major, Democrat-voting cities, with only residents of areas covered by the pilot scheme required to pay the necessary taxes. If successful politically and in practice, begin rolling it out to the suburbs, and finally, the rest of the country. Immunize the United States against future pandemics.

Left-wing, social democratic, economic policies such as the above should be phased in gradually and not implemented overnight. Such policies should aim to uplift the poor and economically disenfranchised regardless of race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, etc, etc. No woke, PC, affirmative action, please.

Adopt Andrew Yang's Freedom Dividend and implement a U.S.$1000/month Universal Basic Income for all U.S. citizens.

Embrace thorium nuclear power as a solution to climate change. Rejoin the 2016 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.

Stand with Israel like Trump has done, more than any other U.S. president in recent history. Kudos to him.

Sever all ties with Saudi Arabia, impose sanctions, and repudiate the genocidal War on Yemen, but maintain Trump's current policy of hostility toward Iran. Put an end to the Saudi-sponsored export of Wahhabism/Salafism of the Zakir Naik sort. This toxic, theocratic ideology is poisoning the Malaysian well where I live.

Mend trade relations with Europe, Japan and other reliable, democratic allies and lift all trade tariffs against them, but continue to maintain trade tariffs against China.

Transition the United States from a presidential democracy to a Westminster-style parliamentary democracy with Irish-style, ranked-choice, proportional representation. Remember to resign as President and stand as Prime Minister. The post of POTUS will be reduced to a ceremonial role with limited reserve powers similar to that of a constitutional monarch, such as Queen Elizabeth II. Be sure to negotiate a coalition/confidence-and-supply arrangement with smaller parties, because your (Joe Biden's) party alone likely won't wield a simple majority in the House of Representatives due to the nature of proportional representation giving broader representation to a wider array of more specific, public interests, and you (JB) need that House majority in order to form a government and approve budgets, including the President's Speech, in the first place.

Enact judicial reforms. The power to nominate Supreme Court Justices should fall to an independent commission answerable only to the Senate to avoid any further politicization of the judiciary. Justices must be nominated by at least two-thirds (67+) of Senators. The President shall play no such role.

In summary, turn the United States into a carbon copy of New Bremerton, in other words.

Finally, be as abrasive and outspoken as Trump. Post offensive shit on Twitter to rile up the far-right, the far-left and the CCP. Be a source of good laughs and entertainment like Trump is. Impress me and I will lend my support for you (Joe Biden).

CORRECTION: Justices nominated by the Independent Commission must be approved, not nominated, by at least two-thirds (67+) of Senators.

This post is so scummy LMAO. Sure, starve chinese people to death due to the CCP's mishandling of Coronavirus. Acting as if TYT and Ilhan Omar, as if they've done anything wrong, as vital threats the U.S. needs to condemn is ridiculous. You right-wing folks live in a bubble terrified of ideological boogeymen.
Workers of all lands, unite!

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Being burned alive.

That seems like it would make you less likely to vote for... well, anyone really.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 am

Arzt0zka wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I don't think so.

The political positions of California and New York aren't etched in stone. Hearts and minds can be changed with a peaceful case for our values.

I live near a major city in New York, they will never change unless the demographics somehow flip the entirely opposite way around.

Louisiana and West Virginia voted for a Democratic candidate as recently as 1996; Georgia as recently as 1992.

California voted for a Republican candidate as recently as 1988; New York as recently as 1984.

And since those elections are all well within my lifetime, and - if I had been a US citizen - I was of voting age for three of them, as far as I'm concerned those all count as 'recently'.

So even if change doesn't always necessarily seem imminent, it would also be a mistake to assume that anything is permanent in a democracy.

Using a British political example, if you had tried to ask anyone to bet following the 2010 general election that Labour would be virtually wiped out in Scotland in 2015, reduced to just a single seat, I can't imagine that you would have had too many takers. Or if you'd prefer a Canadian example, if you had offered the opinion immediately following the 1988 election that the recently re-elected majority government of the Progressive Conservatives would be reduced from 163 seats to just two seats in the subsequent 1993 election, you would likely have been thought mildly eccentric.

Change isn't always rapid, but change is at some point inevitable.

Just don't make the mistake of assuming that it'll be necessarily be change you approve of.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Fri May 01, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adersfield
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adersfield » Fri May 01, 2020 6:52 am

id rather die than vote democrat.. feels like an insult...

Ayro Va
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayro Va » Fri May 01, 2020 6:57 am

The fact that so many people nowadays live in this fantasy where far-left people are somehow a threat at all with their 'identity politics' and 'hatred' puts me on the brink of depression. Antifa haven't done anything in years yet to the right they're still this evil terrorist boogeyman regularly committing massacres, utterly shambolic.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 6:57 am

Dukin Donuts wrote:

It entirely depends on who his Vice President is. Personally I don’t see Biden being able to accomplish anything while in office.
Rojava Free State wrote:

It’s sad that you think corporations have that much power, if a bit ridiculous as there is a slew of Republicans that would press the red button if communism ever rose to prominence in the States.

They really do have that much power. Who do you think donates constantly to both parties? Whenever a protest or movement challenges corporate America, you see some pretty bad shit go down. Remember occupy Wallstreet, when the police were using pepper spray against peaceful protesters, and when the NYPD and FBI coordinated to crack down on them, or the DAPL protests when native Americans tried to block an oil pipeline and were attacked with dogs, hit with tear gas and rubber bullets and sprayed with water cannons before being mass detained? That is what happens in the US when someone gets on the nerves of corporateAmerica, and i fully believe that if we had another massive anti corporate movement, the government would respond with violence not seen in most so called democratic nations. If you want more evidence about the power corporations hold, I am more than willing to oblige.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 01, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am

Ayro Va wrote:The fact that so many people nowadays live in this fantasy where far-left people are somehow a threat at all with their 'identity politics' and 'hatred' puts me on the brink of depression. Antifa haven't done anything in years yet to the right they're still this evil terrorist boogeyman regularly committing massacres, utterly shambolic.

They aren't terrorists. But they are dickheads and thugs. They're the political equivalent of those street kids that hit you in the head with a briefcase and steal your money while you're on the pavement. Not nice guys or smart guys by any means. I don't know if they've reached the level of terrorist yet though.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Being burned alive.

That seems like it would make you less likely to vote for... well, anyone really.

Being burned but not entirely. Like someone pushing a cigarette against my skin and saying "VOTE FOR BIDEN OR I'LL KEEP BURNING YOU."

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 7:01 am

Adersfield wrote:id rather die than vote democrat.. feels like an insult...

Your refusal to vote Democrat means little if you vote Republican. You get alot of the same shit along with other ridiculous side policies like "abortion is always evil, and contraception is bad too."

Zapato
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zapato » Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 am

A de facto two-party system, with a worse opponent.

To put it differently, would you eat shit if your only alternative was poison?

Player: "Let me make a thread about responsible reporting in the media"
Mod team: "No, because people might start discussing rape, because NSG."

*Lock*

(Meanwhile, the thread discussing rape is left open)

Ayro Va
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayro Va » Fri May 01, 2020 7:04 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ayro Va wrote:The fact that so many people nowadays live in this fantasy where far-left people are somehow a threat at all with their 'identity politics' and 'hatred' puts me on the brink of depression. Antifa haven't done anything in years yet to the right they're still this evil terrorist boogeyman regularly committing massacres, utterly shambolic.

They aren't terrorists. But they are dickheads and thugs. They're the political equivalent of those street kids that hit you in the head with a briefcase and steal your money while you're on the pavement. Not nice guys or smart guys by any means. I don't know if they've reached the level of terrorist yet though.

They're not nearly fit to serve the purpose the right uses them for, though. I also think they're good when they don't fuck up and hurt bystanders, because fascists shouldn't feel safe.

Onocarcass
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2011

Postby Onocarcass » Fri May 01, 2020 7:07 am

It would take him being the only person running, and even then I think I'd rather just start a revolution. I'd rather have someone I don't like in charge of the country, than someone who literally can think.
Onocarcan Factbook

NationStates Flag Bracket II - 5th Place!
Everybody needs to calm down a bit

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 am

Zapato wrote:A de facto two-party system, with a worse opponent.

That would be if the other choice was Andrew Cuomo. Joe Biden vs Trump is like having a bottle that says poison and another bottle that says "antidote" but you know it's more poison.

Ayro Va
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayro Va » Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 am

Onocarcass wrote:It would take him being the only person running, and even then I think I'd rather just start a revolution. I'd rather have someone I don't like in charge of the country, than someone who literally can think.

Based, I would support your revolution. I don't live in the U.S., but I'd fly to help.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 7:12 am

Ayro Va wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

They're not nearly fit to serve the purpose the right uses them for, though. I also think they're good when they don't fuck up and hurt bystanders, because fascists shouldn't feel safe.

I don't believe in preemptive violence. I used to when I was a kid but one day I almost got killed and since then I realized you gotta watch out sometimes.

Everyone should be against fascism. It's a dangerous ideology. But I don't believe we should preemptively attack fascists. Let them have their little hate rally, but the minute they break over $1 worth of property or put a hand on anyone, it's time to brawl. My big issue is with antifa damaging random property and assaulting bystanders, because while my abstinence from preemptive violence is based on principle with fascists, it makes my blood boil when people who are doing nothing wrong get punched and kicked.

Jacksonhole-5
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

If you are not a Republican it should be obvious

Postby Jacksonhole-5 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

A pulse

Onocarcass
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2011

Postby Onocarcass » Fri May 01, 2020 7:15 am

Ayro Va wrote:
Onocarcass wrote:It would take him being the only person running, and even then I think I'd rather just start a revolution. I'd rather have someone I don't like in charge of the country, than someone who literally can think.

Based, I would support your revolution. I don't live in the U.S., but I'd fly to help.

I'm not trying to start a revolution. I think basically all the problems in the US right now come from local mismanagement of resources and irresponsible media methods working to do nothing but make us all angry and scared.
Onocarcan Factbook

NationStates Flag Bracket II - 5th Place!
Everybody needs to calm down a bit

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri May 01, 2020 7:16 am

1. I would have to be able to vote at all. That would help.
2. He's better than Trump, and that's all I would need. As soon as we're not building a wall and being okay with killing people, we can work on the revolution. But that can't happen until Trump is out.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Zapato
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zapato » Fri May 01, 2020 7:16 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Zapato wrote:A de facto two-party system, with a worse opponent.

That would be if the other choice was Andrew Cuomo. Joe Biden vs Trump is like having a bottle that says poison and another bottle that says "antidote" but you know it's more poison.

No. Trump is shit, but he brings with him poison (Miller, Barr, Pompeo, Kushner etc.). Biden is shit, and (only) brings with him shit.

Player: "Let me make a thread about responsible reporting in the media"
Mod team: "No, because people might start discussing rape, because NSG."

*Lock*

(Meanwhile, the thread discussing rape is left open)

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 01, 2020 7:17 am

Ayro Va wrote:

I don't know how to feel about revolutions tbh. I'm against most wars because they're usually between two really bad authoritarians, but guerilla wars for liberation I'm more sympathetic to. Even then, guerilla wars can still become horrific. For example I support Irish republicanism and believe Ireland should be a united island, but i can't support the IRA disappearing people based only on the suspicion that they were informants. Many of the disappeared were young women with kids and their children were orphaned because of mere suspicion. And as for Syria, I support a democratic Syria but I know that at this point, the war is largely between jihadists and Assad, and there has been a cluster fuck of attrocities there. Not many good choices there. And I sympathize with the Palestinians desire for a state, but when I hear about a bus full of civilians being blown to shreds, I can't say "oh yeah that's alright." My worry about America having a revolution is that it would turn into what revolutions in other parts of the world became. Not that I don't want change or think the current system is desirable, but I don't think it's worth innocent people getting carbombed over.

America needs change. I hope that change comes without any shots being fired.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General