NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:50 am

Cisairse wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Not really no. Right now Trump is likely to win.

are you sure about that buddy

cuz every poll, prediction, model, and even random people putting their money on the line 100% disagree with you.

I'd give it a 60/40 Biden split, personally.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 am

Valrifell wrote:
Cisairse wrote:are you sure about that buddy

cuz every poll, prediction, model, and even random people putting their money on the line 100% disagree with you.

I'd give it a 60/40 Biden split, personally.

I agree with this split.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:31 am

Valrifell wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:And that is bad because...

Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Made a Good Point

Do you really think the man who's so deep into PRC'ian money he shits "People's Currency" will do the right thing about PRC?
Honestly guys? I don't think this is a Trump move. I think this is a Pompeo move.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Made a Good Point

Do you really think the man who's so deep into PRC'ian money he shits "People's Currency" will do the right thing about PRC?
Honestly guys? I don't think this is a Trump move. I think this is a Pompeo move.

It doesn't matter, giving him or his administration credit on a handful of points will not make me reconsider my voting against him.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:41 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Cisairse wrote:Well, let's hope he doesn't win re-election, then.

Remember, starting an end-of-term war only really works to help win re-election (historically) if you can use it to disparage your opponent. Bush didn't win in 2004 because he started a war, he won because he started a war and John Kerry had no substantial alternative plan to Bush's for the future of that war, and, more specifically, because Kerry's wartime ideas were overall lackluster and Bush tore him apart for not having military credentials.
Joe Biden is not John Kerry and Donald Trump is not George Bush. The strategy wouldn't work.

Trump needs something drastic to overcome Joe Biden's rock-solid 9-point lead over him nationally, but this ain't it.

Not really no. Right now Trump is likely to win.

maybe in another universe.

Former CDC heads shit on Trump for undermining the CDC.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 am

Gormwood wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:something something 2016 the last thing to happen is the thing that will always happen lack of understanding of polls and probability etc. blah blah blah unprompted sideswipe at Clinton laugh at own joke...I think I've covered the auto-response.

The Time Lords put a Time Lock on America and we're trapped in Eternal 2016.

Oh no, Gauth found out!
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:maybe in another universe.

That moment when August 2017 had a higher disapproval, as well as a lower approval, rate than in 2020. What happened?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:47 am

Picairn wrote:

That moment when August 2017 had a higher disapproval, as well as a lower approval, rate than in 2020. What happened?

He played chicken with the debt ceiling thinking "this time for sure..."
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

No State Here
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 am

Picairn wrote:

I would assume, with a new president, people who are angry would be more inclined to answer polls
Abolish NSG

New York Anarcho-Capitalist Minarchist, not an Ancap anymore
Theme
Anthem

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:49 am

No State Here wrote:
Picairn wrote:That moment when August 2017 had a higher disapproval, as well as a lower approval, rate than in 2020. What happened?

I would assume, with a new president, people who are angry would be more inclined to answer polls

New presidents generally have a 'honeymoon' period. Trumps lasted mere moments before he was underwater where he has stayed for the duration of his presidency.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

No State Here
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
No State Here wrote:I would assume, with a new president, people who are angry would be more inclined to answer polls

New presidents generally have a 'honeymoon' period. Trumps lasted mere moments before he was underwater where he has stayed for the duration of his presidency.

To be fair candidate Trump was far more appealing to the average American than president Trump, I guess that was his honeymoon period. He was also constantly attacked by the mainstream media, which made him look anti establishment
Abolish NSG

Theme
Anthem

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:51 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
No State Here wrote:I would assume, with a new president, people who are angry would be more inclined to answer polls

You can see it in aggregators. His high mark was, I think, about two or three weeks after inauguration. After that it promptly plunges.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:51 am

No State Here wrote:
Picairn wrote:That moment when August 2017 had a higher disapproval, as well as a lower approval, rate than in 2020. What happened?

Most people thought he would mature and make sensible decisions back in 2017. They where quickly proven wrong.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:51 am

No State Here wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:New presidents generally have a 'honeymoon' period. Trumps lasted mere moments before he was underwater where he has stayed for the duration of his presidency.

To be fair candidate Trump was far more appealing to the average American than president Trump, I guess that was his honeymoon period. He was also constantly attacked by the mainstream media, which made him look anti establishment

The only thing that made the Trump campaign look anti-establishment was the Trump campaign.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:57 am

Found it! August 2017 was when Mueller called in a grand jury for the investigation into Russian interference, as well as when the "Unite the Right" rally happened in Charlottesville. Probably why his approval rating dropped. https://www.infoplease.com/current-even ... s-us-news#

All of this feels like an eternity ago...
Last edited by Picairn on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 am

No State Here wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:New presidents generally have a 'honeymoon' period. Trumps lasted mere moments before he was underwater where he has stayed for the duration of his presidency.

Candidate Trump seemed like a social Democrat. A bigotted social Democrat that hates Muslims and black people and Mexican immigrants but a social Democrat nonetheless.

President Trump is a classic Republican who gives his cronies endless tax breaks, and he still hasn't built the wall nor does he probably plan to. Trump is loyal to himself and money. America isn't a concern for him.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 am

Picairn wrote:Found it! August 2017 was when Mueller called in a grand jury for the investigation into Russian interference, as well as when the "Unite the Right" rally happened in Charlottesville. Probably why his approval rating dropped. https://www.infoplease.com/current-even ... s-us-news#

All of this feels like an eternity ago...

Man it's been three years since Unite the Right?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Man it's been three years since Unite the Right?

I still remember when I watched Trump on CNN saying "There were very fine people on both sides".

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 am

Picairn wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Man it's been three years since Unite the Right?

I still remember when I watched Trump on CNN saying "There were very fine people on both sides".

You arent a fine person if you show up to defend a statue, see Klansmen, Nazis, proudboys and militias and say "guess I'll stay." But Trump begs to differ.

Like if I showed up to a protest for George Floyd and some black folks got anti white signs and one says to me "yo you ready to kill some white folks tonight?" Best believe I'm sneaking out of there. At day's end, no one on the right wing side in that battle was a fine person.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The Time Lords put a Time Lock on America and we're trapped in Eternal 2016.

Oh no, Gauth found out!

Yes, yes, you admire him and wish more like him were in government. We get it.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:56 am

Gormwood wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Oh no, Gauth found out!

Yes, yes, you admire him and wish more like him were in government. We get it.

What?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:03 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Yes, yes, you admire him and wish more like him were in government. We get it.

What?

What indeed...

Aureumterra wrote:What president Trump did was strengthen relations with our key allies. It might cause violence, yes, and I highly oppose this violence, but this shows that America actually cares about it’s allies.

Aureumterra wrote:I’m personally a Trump Supporter, so I don’t see a problem with that.

Oh… Fake News, now I get your post

Aureumterra wrote:I don’t know if it’s too early to decide, but I think Donald Trump is one of the best. Only now, the stocks are falling…

Are you trying to find a lifeboat off the Trumptanic now?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am

Aureumterra wrote:What president Trump did was strengthen relations with our key allies. It might cause violence, yes, and I highly oppose this violence, but this shows that America actually cares about it’s allies.

That really didn't strengthen relations with Israel. With or without this Israel American relations would be about the same.

It was pure virtue signalling and changed nothing.

If America really did care about it's allies it wouldn't have stolen all those 3M masks heading for Canada.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 am

Yes the hermit Neo-Confucian Kingdom of the DPRK, a well-known ally of America unlike the American colony of Japan.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

No State Here
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 am

Gormwood wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:What?

What indeed...

Aureumterra wrote:I’m personally a Trump Supporter, so I don’t see a problem with that.

Oh… Fake News, now I get your post

Aureumterra wrote:I don’t know if it’s too early to decide, but I think Donald Trump is one of the best. Only now, the stocks are falling…

Are you trying to find a lifeboat off the Trumptanic now?

#CancelAureumterra

He made pro-Trump posts in 2017 and 2018!
Abolish NSG

Theme
Anthem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General