NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri May 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
New Bremerton wrote:Donald Trump is on a roll.

Here he is standing up for my city and country of birth, terminating his country's relationship with the China-centric Wuhan Health Organization, and defending absolute free speech, including purportedly incorrect, violent, and downright offensive speech.

The Trump Administration has done more than any other since Richard Nixon to hold the PRC to account for its playground bully tactics and psychological gaslighting at home and abroad. America's economic decoupling from China has begun in earnest. Japan, Australia, the EU, and other countries are expected to follow suit, but the USA leads the charge in isolating China's already stagnating economy. Trump's warm words toward Xi and other dictators are often contradicted by the tough actions his administration has taken, particularly against China, and now, Hong Kong.

I also admire Trump's hard line on immigration, particularly illegal immigration. I think I'm really beginning to warm up to the guy now. In fact, I like him even more than I like Boris, as boorish and unpleasant as he may be in person. Recognizing Taiwan as a separate, independent country would seal the deal for me.

[Disclaimer: My use of the term Wuhan Health Organization does not, in any way, shape or form, imply that the WHO conspired with the CCP to willfully and knowingly disperse a bioweapon around the globe, nor does it indicate that medical advice should be ignored.]

Yeah, great job. He has given the WHO to China, which has made them master and commander of the developing world.

The WHO was already under China’s thumb since Obama.

Good job Trump!

Fuck, you do know that the WHO will still fulfill it’s central role, right? It will still coordinate international medical cooperation, just without US influence. The WHO has internal mechanism for fighting any influence, but the US has not used those mechanisms, and instead left the EU alone in figghting Chinese influence. This simplistic view of ‘WHO bad’ and then handing it over to the PRC is how you get dumb fucking international policy.

The Chinese have had control of the WHO since the Obama years dude. I get it’s hip to blame Trump but come on dude
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:At a press conference:
"Mr President how can you use the phrase "When the looting starts the shooting starts" and not know its racist origin-"

"I don't know where it comes from I've heard it lots of places."

"In 1968 it was-"

"I don't know its history."

Fuck off you prick. Now you know and you still double down on it you fuckwit.

Just made another reporter lower their mask.

Trump's a nonstop bullshitter. It's probably pathological with him.

This assumes that Trump does actually know its origin. I doubt his memory retention greatly.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

This assumes that Trump does actually know its origin. I doubt his memory retention greatly.

He cut off the reporter giving him the origin.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri May 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Yeah, great job. He has given the WHO to China, which has made them master and commander of the developing world.

The WHO was already under China’s thumb since Obama.

Good job Trump!

Fuck, you do know that the WHO will still fulfill it’s central role, right? It will still coordinate international medical cooperation, just without US influence. The WHO has internal mechanism for fighting any influence, but the US has not used those mechanisms, and instead left the EU alone in figghting Chinese influence. This simplistic view of ‘WHO bad’ and then handing it over to the PRC is how you get dumb fucking international policy.

The Chinese have had control of the WHO since the Obama years dude. I get it’s hip to blame Trump but come on dude

You know, I wasn't convinced about your position, but then you repeated it and I was sold.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri May 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Here he is standing up for my city and country of birth, terminating his country's relationship with the China-centric Wuhan Health Organization, and defending absolute free speech, including purportedly incorrect, violent, and downright offensive speech.

The Trump Administration has done more than any other since Richard Nixon to hold the PRC to account for its playground bully tactics and psychological gaslighting at home and abroad. America's economic decoupling from China has begun in earnest. Japan, Australia, the EU, and other countries are expected to follow suit, but the USA leads the charge in isolating China's already stagnating economy. Trump's warm words toward Xi and other dictators are often contradicted by the tough actions his administration has taken, particularly against China, and now, Hong Kong.

I also admire Trump's hard line on immigration, particularly illegal immigration. I think I'm really beginning to warm up to the guy now. In fact, I like him even more than I like Boris, as boorish and unpleasant as he may be in person. Recognizing Taiwan as a separate, independent country would seal the deal for me.

[Disclaimer: My use of the term Wuhan Health Organization does not, in any way, shape or form, imply that the WHO conspired with the CCP to willfully and knowingly disperse a bioweapon around the globe, nor does it indicate that medical advice should be ignored.]

he tickle me, so he good

ugh
Last edited by Diahon on Fri May 29, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri May 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Bruh twitter is a private company that runs its own TOS.

Fact checks on a man who lied about geting rid of a percentage of the debt within 8 years while adding 6 trillion more are a good thing.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri May 29, 2020 6:01 pm

"Sure he fucked up the response to coronavirus more than the Chinese have, resulting in huge American deaths and unemployment but he's saying Fuck You to China and the WHO so he's Best President EVAR!"
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 29, 2020 6:04 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Bruh twitter is a private company that runs its own TOS.

Fact checks on a man who lied about geting rid of a percentage of the debt within 8 years while adding 6 trillion more are a good thing.

He lied about rain. During an event the world's media was there to cover.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri May 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:At a press conference:
"Mr President how can you use the phrase "When the looting starts the shooting starts" and not know its racist origin-"

"I don't know where it comes from I've heard it lots of places."

"In 1968 it was-"

"I don't know its history."

Fuck off you prick. Now you know and you still double down on it you fuckwit.

Just made another reporter lower their mask.

Last edited by Aureumterra on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri May 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Thermodolia wrote:The Chinese have had control of the WHO since the Obama years dude. I get it’s hip to blame Trump but come on dude

Still, it's impossible to remove that control now, since the US has given up any ability to influence it or enact change within it now.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

President Trump Announces That U.S. Will Leave WHO

Postby Atheris » Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/p ... a-WHO.html

The New York Times wrote:WASHINGTON — President Trump said Friday that his administration would “begin the process” of ending the American government’s special relationship with Hong Kong, including on trade and law enforcement, and that he was withdrawing from the World Health Organization, as part of a broad effort to retaliate against China...

...Mr. Trump voiced a range of grievances against China’s “malfeasance,” angrily denouncing the country’s trade and security practices and its crackdown on civil liberties in Hong Kong, as well as its influence at the W.H.O...

“My announcement today will affect the full range of agreements we have with Hong Kong,” the president said, including “action to revoke Hong Kong’s preferential treatment as a separate customs and travel territory from the rest of China.”

...And Mr. Trump also said he was “terminating” the United States’ “relationship” with the W.H.O., which he portrayed as a puppet of the Chinese Communist Party. The president, who previously halted funding to the organization, repeatedly blamed the organization and China for mishandling the coronavirus outbreak after the pandemic spread to the United States. Allies of the W.H.O., which gets most of its funding from America, defended the organization and its response to the pandemic, saying it was among the earliest public health voices warning of the danger from the virus.

“This is a desperate effort by President Trump to distract America from his disastrous management of the coronavirus pandemic and repeated failures to hold the government of China to account when it mattered most,” said Antony Blinken, a former deputy secretary of state and foreign policy adviser to Mr. Trump’s likely Democratic presidential opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

It's happening, folks. Just when we thought 2020 couldn't get any worse, the President has declared that the US is leaving the World Health Organization.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I think he has to have congressional approval to do this, but I'm not sure. Trump also said that he's ending Hong Kong's special status with the US. Corporate lobbyists and politicans have urged the President to reconsider, but I don't think he will. However, I think the biggest issue is his declaration on leaving the WHO.

What say you, NSG?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Fri May 29, 2020 8:15 pm

Good.

Port Spratly
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Spratly » Fri May 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Nothing unexpected, Trump is president of leaving, leave Paris Climate Agreement, etc. For him right now the most important thing is how to find something it someone to blame for US disastrous handling of Sars Cov - 2 epidemic and pulling the vote for the November election.

2020-chan
Political Columnist

Founded: May 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby 2020-chan » Fri May 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Ah, 2020 will be more than just the worst...excellent! Wunderbar!

Adersfield
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adersfield » Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm glad.. we don't need corrupt organizations (i bet i triggered a lot of ppl saying that) good job mr president

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Considering that WHO is on china's payroll, I can't blame Trump for deciding to get us out of it.

The Horror Channel
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Horror Channel » Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Another stupid move in a long list of stupid moves made by this guy. However, Biden will get us back in after he's elected.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Fri May 29, 2020 8:44 pm

While I think the WHO has a lot to answer for I don't think this is a smart decision, in fact it's typical of his go-it-alone attitude that has left the world a great deal weaker.

He could have reached out to other nations, built a consensus to reform and restructure the WHO, led a global investigation into how this all blew out to ensure the right steps are in place to manage this better in future..

..but no, off he rides into the sunset leaving a trial of destruction behind him as ever.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Bombadil wrote:While I think the WHO has a lot to answer for I don't think this is a smart decision, in fact it's typical of his go-it-alone attitude that has left the world a great deal weaker.

He could have reached out to other nations, built a consensus to reform and restructure the WHO, led a global investigation into how this all blew out to ensure the right steps are in place to manage this better in future..

..but no, off he rides into the sunset leaving a trial of destruction behind him as ever.

This.

The WHO has a lot to answer for (Do you know they're still telling healthy/asymptomatic people to not wear masks???), but taking your ball and going home doesn't work unless you're willing to setup a fresh coalition for other nations to join, and get them to.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri May 29, 2020 8:47 pm

The Horror Channel wrote:Another stupid move in a long list of stupid moves made by this guy. However, Biden will get us back in after he's elected.

:rofl:

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Bombadil wrote:He could have reached out to other nations, built a consensus to reform and restructure the WHO, led a global investigation into how this all blew out to ensure the right steps are in place to manage this better in future..

It seems we're leading to a situation where countries have to pick between a WHO under China's thumb or an alternate world health organization under the US's thumb. Under what high ground is the latter basing their legitimacy? There seems to be pressure there as well to enact politically-expedient measures that fly in the face of science.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Islandia-Durrnil
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Islandia-Durrnil » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 pm

King of the Incels wrote:Good.

WTF?

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri May 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Islandia-Durrnil wrote:
King of the Incels wrote:Good.

WTF?

It's sort of a rough equivalent to this statement regarding the Minnesota riots:

Corrian wrote:So as soon as the police station is torched, they actually arrest the man and charge him. Good. That means it worked. This is a prime example of the fact that people are just FED up. They've tried being peaceful for years and nothing happened. So desperate measures were required. And that's what finally got them to react. Honestly, good riddance. Shits so bad now we have to start taking more drastic measures to get the point across. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't continue.

Yustopia
Civilian

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Yustopia » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm

yes!!!!!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Merged threads.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General