NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Mon May 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Aclion wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
So if you agree with the fact that he was stupid and possibly dangerous, why bother playing this game where you split hairs for ostensibly no reason? What do you get out of it?

I get to call people out for spreading misinformation that has gotten people hospitalized.

Yet you didn't call Trump out. Convenient.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Mon May 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Aclion wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
So if you agree with the fact that he was stupid and possibly dangerous, why bother playing this game where you split hairs for ostensibly no reason? What do you get out of it?

I get to call people out for spreading misinformation that has gotten people hospitalized.

... Trump said... and he... I cant even.

The mental gymnastics of some people.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Mon May 18, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon May 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Aclion wrote:I get to call people out for spreading misinformation that has gotten people hospitalized.

Yet you didn't call Trump out. Convenient.

Spitballing about possible research avenues isn't the same as presenting self harm as a government recommended treatment. One is foolish in the given setting, the other is malicious.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Baja California Autonoma
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California Autonoma » Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Baja California Autonoma wrote:My favorite statement was when he said "I'm not a doctor, I'm just a person with a good you-know-what." *points to head*

Classic idiocy.

I enjoyed his recent revelation about the Pentagons new "super-duper" missile. It will go well with America's "tippy top" nuclear arsenal.

Its gonna be huuge, a huge missile! The biggest the world's ever seen. We've got some of the finest missiles. Everyone comes from all over the world, asking for our missiles. Blah blah the Apprentice, blah grope kill

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Baja California Autonoma wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:I enjoyed his recent revelation about the Pentagons new "super-duper" missile. It will go well with America's "tippy top" nuclear arsenal.

Its gonna be huuge, a huge missile! The biggest the world's ever seen. We've got some of the finest missiles. Everyone comes from all over the world, asking for our missiles. Blah blah the Apprentice, blah grope kill

Was Donald self-referencing when he called Kim Jong-Un "Little Rocket Man"? *thinking*
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Mon May 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Aclion wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Yet you didn't call Trump out. Convenient.

Spitballing about possible research avenues isn't the same as presenting self harm as a government recommended treatment. One is foolish in the given setting, the other is malicious.

Do you hear yourself?

You are splitting hairs were there are none.

"Spitballing research ideas" is no excuse for being an idiot. Elsewise, he could propose research into the effect of deep fried cheese burgers, or heroin, or drinking gasoline, as possible Covid cures.

You cannot also cover for him by claiming that he was not suggesting it. He is the PRESIDENT giving what is supposed to be an informational briefing. Of course people will see him "spitballing" and wonder if he might be on to something.
This is just commons sense.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon May 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:

Was Donald self-referencing when he called Kim Jong-Un "Little Rocket Man"? *thinking*

What would he call his sister then? Rocket Girl?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Nakena wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Was Donald self-referencing when he called Kim Jong-Un "Little Rocket Man"? *thinking*

What would he call his sister then? Rocket Girl?

Wife #4
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Baja California Autonoma wrote:My favorite statement was when he said "I'm not a doctor, I'm just a person with a good you-know-what." *points to head*

Classic idiocy.

I enjoyed his recent revelation about the Pentagons new "super-duper" missile. It will go well with America's "tippy top" nuclear arsenal.

I have a feeling that Trump's discussion about the missile was like Aladeen's in The Dictator.

Trump: So Mark, you mind explaining why the missile top is so damn round?

Esper: Mr. Trump, with all due respect, why does it matter?

Trump: Well, if we fire this thing from New York at Berlin, and it has a round head, it'll just bounce back at us and blow New York to shreads.

Esper: Wait, Mr. President, I have so many questions.

Trump: Ew, I don't like that, but do go ahead.

Esper: First off, we don't fire nuclear missiles from major cities. The launch sites are out in the heartland. Did no one tell you that? And second, the shape of the head doesn't matter. It doesn't even hit the ground when it detonates. Why would that matter? And why would we fire it at Berlin?

Trump: Okay I have questions. #1 why don't we launch from New York so millions and millions of people can watch this thing take off? And secondly, what kind of missile doesn't hit the ground? You shoot it, it sticks in the ground with a pointy head and bing, they're dead. And why would we not nuclear bomb Berlin? You know the Germans have been so mean and nasty to me, especially Angela Merkel. Didn't they do the holocaust anyhow? What a bunch of mean nasty people. They would kill my daughter cause she's Jewish. Fuck them, I just wanna blow some of them up.

Esper: Mr. President, you can't-

Trump: Shut your mouth four eyes! And get the hell out of here before your whiney bitching makes me angrier.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon May 18, 2020 4:07 pm

A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Aclion wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

It isn't misinformation, it is pointing out that Trump endorsed even the thought of injecting disinfectants to even test if it would ""cure"" the virus.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Mon May 18, 2020 4:43 pm

The obligatory Trump genital posting has gotten old three years ago.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon May 18, 2020 4:45 pm

*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Was Donald self-referencing when he called Kim Jong-Un "Little Rocket Man"? *thinking*

The obligatory Trump genital posting has gotten old three years ago.

Yeah why would trump have a small dick? You can't have a dick at all if you already are a dick.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon May 18, 2020 5:02 pm

the taiwanese shouldn't be insulted like this by a herald of primordial chaos
Last edited by Diahon on Mon May 18, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Diahon wrote:the taiwanese shouldn't be insulted like this by a herald of primordial chaos

If we drew a venn diagram and one circle was Taiwan and the other was America, the circles wouldn't even touch. They would be a mile apart. You would have to turn all the way around from one circle to see the other off in the distance. Not just with the virus response but with almost everything.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon May 18, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon May 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Diahon wrote:the taiwanese shouldn't be insulted like this by a herald of primordial chaos

If we drew a venn diagram and one circle was Taiwan and the other was America, the circles wouldn't even touch. They would be a mile apart. You would have to turn all the way around from one circle to see the other off in the distance. Not just with the virus response but with almost everything.

you americans should apologize for your high officials being this... is there a word or phrase in the english language for whatever pompeo pulled off? for "lack of self-awareness" doesn't quite cover it

there's too much irony, history, and eldritch behind that tweet, i can't

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 5:17 pm

I'm always amused by the people who say 'he wasn't saying to do it, he was asking if it could be looked into!'.

We don't need to 'look into' injecting disinfectants or blasting the human body with sunlight from the inside out. To be effective in purging a virus, both would have to be lethal. One might as well ask if we should 'look into' curing the virus by shooting infected areas with bullets.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Albrenia wrote:I'm always amused by the people who say 'he wasn't saying to do it, he was asking if it could be looked into!'.

We don't need to 'look into' injecting disinfectants or blasting the human body with sunlight from the inside out. To be effective in purging a virus, both would have to be lethal. One might as well ask if we should 'look into' curing the virus by shooting infected areas with bullets.

"Can we look into whether electric chairs can cure covid?" Says Trump.

I guarentee you, the next day Sean Hannity will say "he said maybe. He didn't tell people to go electrocute people over COVID."

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Albrenia wrote:I'm always amused by the people who say 'he wasn't saying to do it, he was asking if it could be looked into!'.

I guarentee you, the next day Sean Hannity will say "he said maybe. He didn't tell people to go electrocute people over COVID."

how to discredit science in three easy steps:

"if you don't look into this, that only means you're biased!"
"but sir this is common sense you don't just --"
"silence! who else is paying you?"

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Diahon wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

how to discredit science in three easy steps:

"if you don't look into this, that only means you're biased!"
"but sir this is common sense you don't just --"
"silence! who else is paying you?"

"You're fake news. You're the deep state."

-Trump when someone tells him that we can't develop a faster than light missile.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Yes, this is so far off recommendations that it is beyond ridiculous. It should be ather well known that this disease is known to effect the blood vessels. That Healthy young adults are dying of blood related issues because of this disease. And what is one of the side effect of hydroxychloroquine....yeah such a great idea.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon May 18, 2020 7:15 pm

oh, are you a gauth puppet?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General