NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:29 am

Trump has literally been so shit that they were able to spend a few minutes talking about only half the horrible things he's done.

Honestly who the fuck supports this guy still?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:54 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Trump has literally been so shit that they were able to spend a few minutes talking about only half the horrible things he's done.

He's still better than the alternative. To be honest.

That's kind of the issue, I can disagree with him on a lot of stupid shit, but there's a big ass gap between where I'm standing and the furthest the Dems can go.

So my choice is 'vote for the idiot who sometimes does the right thing by me.' or 'vote for the not-quite-as-annoying but doesn't help me any.' guy.

Obviously, gonna go for Trump.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

40% of America at least.

Meanwhile, Pence encouraged governors to downplay the new community spread of the Coronavirus.

While certainly our testing capabilities have improved and we're testing more people, there are also people seeking more tests which increases the number. Either way, the plateauing of the number has remained consistent.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Brunswick-upon-Raritan
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunswick-upon-Raritan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58 am

It looks like Trump fulfilled his promise of “American Carnage”
“Brave as the battle roll of drum,
Strong as the surf when tempests come,
Throbbed all of Jersey’s hearts of oak,
When war upon the Jerseys broke.”

CyberNations class of 2007
Former Nation | Never Forget | Support Our Troops
...got milk? ;) Drink Pepsi, Defeat Communism

Brunswick-upon-Raritan
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunswick-upon-Raritan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 am

Galloism wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
You honestly can't see the difference between a Presidential rally and protests?

Both are expressly political assemblies engaging in speech towards changing political circumstances.

Functionally, there’s little difference except the indoor/outdoor dichotomy.

And, given the pandemic, both are very likely to lead to deaths.

I think the benefit is now we (or at least in the major early outbreak areas I assume) no longer have all the shortages and chaos that characterized the earlier part of this year, people aren’t hoarding hand sanitizer or doubling up on ventilators or using homemade masks. Whether or not that means everything is ready for a “second wave”, or some other disaster incident, I don’t know.
“Brave as the battle roll of drum,
Strong as the surf when tempests come,
Throbbed all of Jersey’s hearts of oak,
When war upon the Jerseys broke.”

CyberNations class of 2007
Former Nation | Never Forget | Support Our Troops
...got milk? ;) Drink Pepsi, Defeat Communism

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:07 am

Brunswick-upon-Raritan wrote:
Galloism wrote:Both are expressly political assemblies engaging in speech towards changing political circumstances.

Functionally, there’s little difference except the indoor/outdoor dichotomy.

And, given the pandemic, both are very likely to lead to deaths.

I think the benefit is now we (or at least in the major early outbreak areas I assume) no longer have all the shortages and chaos that characterized the earlier part of this year, people aren’t hoarding hand sanitizer or doubling up on ventilators or using homemade masks. Whether or not that means everything is ready for a “second wave”, or some other disaster incident, I don’t know.

We’ve also learned the warning signs for a cytokine storm, and we know how to prevent it, which helps.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:09 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Yeah that's intentional, they are presenting things in rapid fire sequence so you won't actually spend time thinking or questioning the things they're saying.

They say Trump is "praising white supremacists" and then move on so you won't think back and recall that Trump didn't actually do that before we're onto the next point. By the time we're done with the emotional appeal of "muh children in cages!" we have to move onto him "ignoring science on Coronavirus" before if they didn't move quick enough to dazzle you, you could remember that Biden was vice president when MUH CHILDRENZ were being locked in cages and didn't say or do a damn thing about it.

Rojava Free State wrote:Honestly who the fuck supports this guy still?

Me and anyone else who actually bothered to keep up with with the facts of what they discussed.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

New Jewlan
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jewlan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Trump has literally been so sxxx that they were able to spend a few minutes talking about only half the horrible things he's done.

Honestly who the fxxx supports this guy still?

I still support Trump, now more than ever, MAGA 2020!
The Left hates Trump because he is proudly Christian.
Do not click this spoiler!
Pro: Catholicism, Israel, Pro-Life, Nuclear Family, Black Humour, Cultural appropriation, Reggae, Foreign Films, Languages, Conservativism, History of English, Blondes, Bob Ross, Film History, Obscure Wiki pages, Black Ops 1, 90s DNB, TV, Alternative moon landing hypothesis, Surreal Films, Young Earth Creationism, Globe-earth theory, Flat-earth theory, Non-Blondes, British Soap Operas, Govt., Military, Free Speech

Anti: False Religions, Globalism, Communism, Govt., Military, Wrongthink, "Social" Media, Mobile gaming, Feminism, Racism, Terrorism, Climate Alarmism, The Enlightenment, Big Bang, Evolution, Atomisation of Society, Modernism, NASA, Revisionism, Americanisms, Nazism, Anti-Semitism, Revolution, Big Tech, ACAB, Anthropogenic CLIEmate Change

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:21 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

That's kind of the issue, I can disagree with him on a lot of stupid shit, but there's a big ass gap between where I'm standing and the furthest the Dems can go.

So my choice is 'vote for the idiot who sometimes does the right thing by me.' or 'vote for the not-quite-as-annoying but doesn't help me any.' guy.

Has he really done right by you though? He hasn't targeted you personally but has he truly helped you?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:21 am

New Jewlan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Trump has literally been so sxxx that they were able to spend a few minutes talking about only half the horrible things he's done.

The guy who doesn't need God's forgiveness and who cheated on all his wives is Christian. Lmao please tell me this is a joke.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:23 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Has he really done right by you though? He hasn't targeted you personally but has he truly helped you?

118,000 Americans dead under his watch. That deserves an accounting.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 am

Crockerland wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Yeah that's intentional, they are presenting things in rapid fire sequence so you won't actually spend time thinking or questioning the things they're saying.

They say Trump is "praising white supremacists" and then move on so you won't think back and recall that Trump didn't actually do that before we're onto the next point. By the time we're done with the emotional appeal of "muh children in cages!" we have to move onto him "ignoring science on Coronavirus" before if they didn't move quick enough to dazzle you, you could remember that Biden was vice president when MUH CHILDRENZ were being locked in cages and didn't say or do a damn thing about it.

Me and anyone else who actually bothered to keep up with with the facts of what they discussed.

Ah yes, the facts are clearly that Trump can do no wrong ever, even when he's delaying testing for covid, downplaying the disease and confiscating supplies from states. He's also the same president who tear gassed peaceful protesters in DC so he could do a photoshoot.

And btw biden supporting something bad doesn't excuse trump doing the same or worse. It just means you've decided to choose sides instead of saying "fuck it, im not about to join a fight between crooks."

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Yes? Just ending the healthcare mandate helped me. Also, since I voted for him, I can claim partial credit for Hillary's defeat and I've had an ongoing grudge against her and Joseph Lieberman since I was 15.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:25 am

Galloism wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

118,000 Americans dead under his watch. That deserves an accounting.

B-but no one saw this coming and everyone messed up (except Taiwan and South Korea and Vietnam and New Zealand and Canada etc). Jk, Trump fucked up on COVID, and Bill DeBlasio failing too doesn't excuse Trump letting America down.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Yes? Just ending the healthcare mandate helped me. Also, since I voted for him, I can claim partial credit for Hillary's defeat and I've had an ongoing grudge against her and Joseph Lieberman since I was 15.

What happened between you and Hillary?

Not a joke or sarcastic crap, I literally wanna know.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Galloism wrote:118,000 Americans dead under his watch. That deserves an accounting.

B-but no one saw this coming and everyone messed up (except Taiwan and South Korea and Vietnam and New Zealand and Canada etc). Jk, Trump fucked up on COVID, and Bill DeBlasio failing too doesn't excuse Trump letting America down.

I mean, for people who remember 9/11, that’s 9/11 every day for 39 days. And counting.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

What happened between you and Hillary?

Not a joke or sarcastic crap, I literally wanna know.

FEPA. I was pissed about their attempt to make giving M rated games to minors a federal offense with a fine of $1000 dollars. As a minor at the time, that pissed me off to no end, and was honestly the sole reason I knew her name. It didn't help that looking into her as a presidential candidate didn't reveal a pretty picture.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:17 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Yeah that's intentional, they are presenting things in rapid fire sequence so you won't actually spend time thinking or questioning the things they're saying.

Ah yes, the facts are clearly that Trump can do no wrong ever, even when he's delaying testing for covid, downplaying the disease and confiscating supplies from states. He's also the same president who tear gassed peaceful protesters in DC so he could do a photoshoot.

And btw biden supporting something bad doesn't excuse trump doing the same or worse. It just means you've decided to choose sides instead of saying "fuck it, im not about to join a fight between crooks."

Pointing out hypocrisy is not the same as excusing someone's actions.

The point is not that Biden did the same thing as Trump, it's that he's attacking Trump for something he himself had no problem with doing, but suddenly took offense to once Trump started doing it.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am

Crockerland wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

You mean :shock: It’s like every other political ad? I am shocked, shocked I say!

They say Trump is "praising white supremacists" and then move on so you won't think back and recall that Trump didn't actually do that before we're onto the next point.

There wasn’t good people on both sides?

By the time we're done with the emotional appeal of "muh children in cages!"

Placing children is cages isn’t a bad thing?

we have to move onto him "ignoring science on Coronavirus" before if they didn't move quick enough to dazzle you,

He didn’t. He actually had a committee which he disbanded and a playbook left by that bad black dude.

you could remember that Biden was vice president when MUH CHILDRENZ were being locked in cages and didn't say or do a damn thing about it.

Did Biden and Obama separate all children?

Getting your “facts” from Trump :rofl:
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:28 am

Ifreann wrote:And that makes sense, doesn't it? This is a respiratory disease, it's just intuitively obvious that when your breath is dispersed into the open air that you are less likely to infect other people, whereas the risk would be greater within an enclosed area.

"Any large gathering, whether of protesters or ralliers, is dangerous."

This sentence matters a good deal more than your response suggests. A reduced likelihood of infection at one event compared to another does not change the fact that both events present a significant public health risk and that social distancing remains the most prudent course of action. Both of these events could result in dozens of people being directly infected and then infecting other people while asymptomatic. An explosion of emergency room visits is not something we need right now as a society.

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 am

New Jewlan wrote:I still support Trump, now more than ever, MAGA 2020!

Is he though?

Zapato
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zapato » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am

As someone who's who actually bothered to keep up with with the facts of what they discussed in this video... Damn, that is accurate, and to the point.

Player: "Let me make a thread about responsible reporting in the media"
Mod team: "No, because people might start discussing rape, because NSG."

*Lock*

(Meanwhile, the thread discussing rape is left open)

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:34 am

New Jewlan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I'm proudly Christian, and that's why I hate Trump. He doesn't value marriage, the family, the Bible, truth, love, forgiveness, rights, God, sacrifice, morality, faith, or any other Christian values.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 am

Anybody watching donnie talk about police reform? Short talk and it’s basically turned into a campaign talk.

He did say we have the best unemployement and employment numbers.

“Unless my foremula is tampered with; we will be in a great position”
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:40 am

New Jewlan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Christian? Nahh. People tend to hate him for his hate talk; his gushing of authoritarians; he lies and endless lies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General