NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Albrenia wrote:
La xinga wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure that's true.
Yes, they could. The president didn't bother to take questions, so I think he was trying to make people happy with him as "defender of religion" while the Liberals are "attackers of G-d," which is up to all of us to decide.

He's obviously trying to build a narrative of being the defender of freedoms while those unfortunates who have to try to control a pandemic take all the blame for what needs to be done to keep people alive.

Soon the death toll in the US will be above one hundred thousand souls. I wonder how many of those were avoidable if the government was more focused on saving lives than saving Trump's election chances.

Millions of Americans will be dead by the time this is over. Mark my words.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Albrenia wrote:
La xinga wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure that's true.
Yes, they could. The president didn't bother to take questions, so I think he was trying to make people happy with him as "defender of religion" while the Liberals are "attackers of G-d," which is up to all of us to decide.

He's obviously trying to build a narrative of being the defender of freedoms while those unfortunates who have to try to control a pandemic take all the blame for what needs to be done to keep people alive.

Soon the death toll in the US will be above one hundred thousand souls. I wonder how many of those were avoidable if the government was more focused on saving lives than saving Trump's election chances.

One study I read said 90% of those people could have been saved.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:That's not something he can enforce, nor is it something that he should be able to.

Separation of Church and State works both ways or not at all.

Separation of church and state isn't super relevant here. Trump is threatening states that keep churches shut down, not churches that don't want to reopen(of which there are more than a few).
The title is misleading.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Trump deems Houses of Worship as "essential" facilities, says Governors should immediately open them up; threatens to override Governors that refuse to do so. Trump went on to say that it was an "injustice" that places like liquor stores and abortion clinics were allowed to remain opened.

I might be bias towards this given I'm an atheist but I do not view places of worship as essential, especially when one can literally pray at home (or listen in from afar, we're in the fucking 21st Century after all). Also, him forcing States to re-open up things, doesn't that go against their respect for State Rights or something?

States' Rights only matter when a Democrat is overstepping the bounds of Federal government. When Republicans do it, it's called maga or something.

I imagine individual rights supersede both.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Millions of Americans will be dead by the time this is over. Mark my words.

America does not even have more than 400 Mil people, and will have less if no one fills out the census, or DIES!
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 pm

He is trying to get religious rightwing people to continue voting for him. He is "defending" their christian freedom from the oppression of the liberal atheist elite governors or what ever bollocks.

End of the day Churches are not essential. Their function can easily be performed at home and until this epidemic has ended or is nearing its end they should remain closed. In the mean time religious folks can pray in their homes and endanger no one in the process.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri May 22, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:States' Rights only matter when a Democrat is overstepping the bounds of Federal government. When Republicans do it, it's called maga or something.

Not in matters of a pandemic; especially in a hot spot.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:26 pm

God'll have to work an extra shift keeping them all safe.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Fri May 22, 2020 2:26 pm

The value of human life supersedes the value of public prayer. We should be able to agree on that.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:States' Rights only matter when a Democrat is overstepping the bounds of Federal government. When Republicans do it, it's called maga or something.

And that notion will remain only in our imaginations as long as Democrats and Republicans are in charge.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri May 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:It's about time Jesus introduced these fellows to what he really meant when he said wealth doesn't buy you a ticket to Heaven inn'it?

Jesus going Castlevania on the televangelists would be fun to watch.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Fri May 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Uhhh doesn’t this go in the coronavirus thread
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri May 22, 2020 2:29 pm

He just wants the Christian Right to support him, ultimately leading to further erosion of the separation of church and state.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Founded: May 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Fri May 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:That's not something he can enforce, nor is it something that he should be able to.

is your sig meant to say "anti-islamophobe" ? islamophobe seems pretty inconsistent with the rest of it.
bad reply? a random criminal/civilian will be sent to SweatshopvilleTM. To date, 63+ have been sent. stonks for apotheosis 2024
pronouns i keep in my washed pasta sauce jars: she, they, he; hedonism is based
according to legend, i once wrote:agender mars-colony automated decadent libertarian anti-statist degrowth

*juggling vials of covid vaccine* come get yall's juice

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:30 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Uhhh doesn’t this go in the coronavirus thread

Not really, it's more separate.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri May 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I imagine individual rights supersede both.

And that notion will remain only in our imaginations as long as Democrats and Republicans are in charge.

I am ok with that.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:31 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:He is trying to get religious rightwing people to continue voting for him. He is "defending" their christian freedom from the oppression of the liberal atheist elite governors or what ever bollocks.

End of the day Churches are not essential. Their function can easily be performed at home and until this epidemic has ended or is nearing its end they should remain closed. In the mean time religious folks can pray in their homes and endanger no one in the process.

Vote for me I kill people
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

One study I read said 90% of those people could have been saved.

Study by Columbia University said it was around 30,000-40,000 deaths could have been avoided.

Study you read sounds more like bogus propaganda, tbh. People were going to die regardless; but not as many and not this quickly.

Diopolis wrote:

Separation of church and state isn't super relevant here. Trump is threatening states that keep churches shut down, not churches that don't want to reopen(of which there are more than a few).
The title is misleading.

Still seems super relevant if states comply with him.

Which you know some will.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:He is trying to get religious rightwing people to continue voting for him. He is "defending" their christian freedom from the oppression of the liberal atheist elite governors or what ever bollocks.

How he even manages to get the religious vote at all I have no idea. Literally called God an "imaginary friend" when talking about Ted Cruz, who is openly Baptist. Literally embodies all seven deadly sins. There's absolutely nothing pious or Christian about the man. The antithesis of Christian teachings embodied.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

I think there is a compelling interest to keep them closed, especially when we are dealing with a pandemic right now. It's stupid that many people think this is an attempt to persecute Christians; it is not.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Vote for me I kill people

When you test you find something is wrong.....with people!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Uhhh doesn’t this go in the coronavirus thread

Not all things Coronavirus must be discussed in the Coronavirus thread. That thread is for general discussion about Coronavirus, whereas this is a specific issue.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:

is your sig meant to say "anti-islamophobe" ? islamophobe seems pretty inconsistent with the rest of it.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1368009

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I think there is a compelling interest to keep them closed, especially when we are dealing with a pandemic right now. It's stupid that many people think this is an attempt to persecute Christians; it is not.

What? Who is saying it's an attempt to persecute Christians?

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

ArenaC
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby ArenaC » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

In limited form, yes this should be done by the states. I’m not sure this will go very well either.

inb4 Trump causes a constitutional crisis and orders an Emergency Action Notification broadcast
The Commonwealth of ArenaC
the 2020 Laughingstock of the World Assembly LOTWA

my (WA) views do not represent my region and should never be interpreted as such. get angry at me. not the region. just me. ...of course if it involves me.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I think there is a compelling interest to keep them closed, especially when we are dealing with a pandemic right now. It's stupid that many people think this is an attempt to persecute Christians; it is not.

What? Who is saying it's an attempt to persecute Christians?

The usual suspects aka the super religious conservatives. Ya know the same ones who got their panties in a twist over gays getting married and red Christmas cups from an overpriced coffee shop
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri May 22, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General