NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Trump deems Houses of Worship as "essential" facilities, says Governors should immediately open them up; threatens to override Governors that refuse to do so. Trump went on to say that it was an "injustice" that places like liquor stores and abortion clinics were allowed to remain opened.

I might be bias towards this given I'm an atheist but I do not view places of worship as essential, especially when one can literally pray at home (or listen in from afar, we're in the fucking 21st Century after all). Also, him forcing States to re-open up things, doesn't that go against their respect for State Rights or something?

People can't pray at home? The word network exists but I guess there's too many fucking dipshits to keep away from the church.

Pastor needs that new private jet!
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Trump says Churches must open

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 1:54 pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... es-to-open

So it seems our awesome/horrible president says that churches and other religious stuff must open, and if the govs say no, he'l override them.

What does NSG think about Donald Trump's statement?
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
People can't pray at home? The word network exists but I guess there's too many fucking dipshits to keep away from the church.

I wonder what Martin Luther would do about corruption on this level. <.< >.>
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Pastor needs that new private jet!

95,000 theses
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri May 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:I wonder what Martin Luther would do about corruption on this level. <.< >.>

95,000 thesis

On Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:

Probably writing 95 theses about how SARS-cov-2 spreads and how God asks of His believers to use the gift of life wisely.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Trump deems Houses of Worship as "essential" facilities, says Governors should immediately open them up; threatens to override Governors that refuse to do so. Trump went on to say that it was an "injustice" that places like liquor stores and abortion clinics were allowed to remain opened.

I might be bias towards this given I'm an atheist but I do not view places of worship as essential, especially when one can literally pray at home (or listen in from afar, we're in the fucking 21st Century after all). Also, him forcing States to re-open up things, doesn't that go against their respect for State Rights or something?

States' Rights only matter when a Democrat is overstepping the bounds of Federal government. When Republicans do it, it's called maga or something.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Everyone can worship at home. Churches should not be open during a dangerous time like this unless they're being held remotely via zoom.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:08 pm

I hope Churches still offer digital services, because there's an awful lot of elderly people who go to church. Probably a lot more than elderly people who routinely go to nightclubs or beaches.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

I hope Churches keep offering digital services because otherwise there's going to be a lot of elderly faithful who otherwise would be safer at home.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

As someone who goes to church regularly, I can confirm that the church experience isn't really the same over the internet (just as socialization over zoom isn't quite a fit replacement for face to face interaction), but that said, it's really no different than any other place that should wait until it's safe to host huge gatherings.

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

It's a very small number of pastoral hypocrites that have anywhere near enough money for jets. In 99% of cases, pastoring is not a financially lucrative job.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:11 pm

Interesting opinions, I think that while prayer is necessary and essential, it's too early to open them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 pm

La xinga wrote:Interesting opinions, I think that while prayer is necessary and essential, it's too early to open them.

Besides, according to all faiths, God doesn't need one to pray at church. They can worship him anywhere.

Last Breath
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Last Breath » Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 pm

This seems silly, can they not pray at home?
This nation is meant to be as ignorant, absurd and backwards as possible and is not in anyway representative of my political views.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Well, I mean there are zero surprises that Trumps spiritual advisor is a Prosperity Preacher or whatever the fuck they're called. Prosperity theology, it's the televangalists that make the millions of dollars and suggest that's what god intended.

So yeah, he's looking out for his rich friends again by sacrificing his poor supporters. But hey, if they're going to keep jumping in the meat grinders...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

Well, I mean there are zero surprises that Trumps spiritual advisor is a Prosperity Preacher or whatever the fuck they're called. Prosperity theology, it's the televangalists that make the millions of dollars and suggest that's what god intended.

So yeah, he's looking out for his rich friends again by sacrificing his poor supporters. But hey, if they're going to keep jumping in the meat grinders...

The evangelicals lost my support completely when they turned to Trump. They're supporting a guy who fucks hoes, does dope and says he doesn't need God's forgiveness but still have the nerve to hate on the gays.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
La xinga wrote:Interesting opinions, I think that while prayer is necessary and essential, it's too early to open them.

Besides, according to all faiths, God doesn't need one to pray at church. They can worship him anywhere.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's true.
Last Breath wrote:This seems silly, can they not pray at home?

Yes, they could. The president didn't bother to take questions, so I think he was trying to make people happy with him as "defender of religion" while the Liberals are "attackers of G-d," which is up to all of us to decide.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

I believe they're called "vultures" in the vernacular.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm

It's about time Jesus introduced these fellows to what he really meant when he said wealth doesn't buy you a ticket to Heaven inn'it?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:It's about time Jesus introduced these fellows to what he really meant when he said wealth doesn't buy you a ticket to Heaven inn'it?

Jesus would be disgusted if he saw modern America, and not for the reasons evangelicals think.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm

That's not something he can enforce, nor is it something that he should be able to.

Separation of Church and State works both ways or not at all.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:It's about time Jesus introduced these fellows to what he really meant when he said wealth doesn't buy you a ticket to Heaven inn'it?

Jesus would be disgusted if he saw modern America, and not for the reasons evangelicals think.

Thats because Jesus is a heathen socialist against gods will and his chosen people, the Americans.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:That's not something he can enforce, nor is it something that he should be able to.

Separation of Church and State works both ways or not at all.

Oh my God he's about to tear down the wall of church and state now that the election is coming.

No Donald no.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm

La xinga wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's true.
Last Breath wrote:This seems silly, can they not pray at home?

Yes, they could. The president didn't bother to take questions, so I think he was trying to make people happy with him as "defender of religion" while the Liberals are "attackers of G-d," which is up to all of us to decide.

He's obviously trying to build a narrative of being the defender of freedoms while those unfortunates who have to try to control a pandemic take all the blame for what needs to be done to keep people alive.

Soon the death toll in the US will be above one hundred thousand souls. I wonder how many of those were avoidable if the government was more focused on saving lives than saving Trump's election chances.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Thats because Jesus is a heathen socialist against gods will and his chosen people, the Americans.

Jesus would probably be violently attacked in America these days for "911ing the twin towers." He really ought to avoid visiting here.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General