NATION

PASSWORD

The Future of China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Future of China

The CCP will continue to rule indefinitely
38%
The CCP's days are numbered
54%
Other (Explain)
9%

Total votes : 618

Exxosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Exxosia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Exxosia wrote:Something that has been worrying me is the Three Gorges Dam as of late.

China is going off the rails with how much propaganda and twisting themselves in knots to maintain so many appearances. The Three Gorges Dam has long been a major focus for narratives in propaganda. If, or more likely when, it fails, I don't see China being able to keep things together without saying it was sabotage or attack.

I am seriously afraid China is going to start WWIII just to save face by lying and saying the US blew up the Three Gorges Dam because they are that desperate to maintain control and their narratives that a world war would be easier to deal with than the repercussions of the Three Gorges Dam failing.

Do you think that China is crazy enough to start a world war?

I don't know. That is why I am concerned. China has been pulling some absolutely ridiculous things and spinning things in ways that make no damned sense — even to the most eager of people wanting to believe it. We're talking about a country that dissects people alive and without anesthetic on-demand for organs and randomly flood and kill people on a whim. So this is a country where sanity and insanity do not even factor in, it's whatever is going to be the rationalized path forward to maintain the CCP's powers, narratives, and ruling structures. Then when you factor in how the Three Gorges Dam is this propaganda keystone to a huge part of the modern presentation of the party, I am seriously scared they might decide a war would be easier to deal with.

And when you consider all of what China has done, all of the things talked about in this very thread in so many ways, almost any war with China is going to become a world war.

Though my better two thirds just told me that they could spin it as uyghur or falun gong terrorists blew it up and thus rationalize more oppression against those groups and denouncing them worldwide. Which... yeah, that sounds more realistic at least within China.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:30 am

Exxosia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Do you think that China is crazy enough to start a world war?

I don't know. That is why I am concerned. China has been pulling some absolutely ridiculous things and spinning things in ways that make no damned sense — even to the most eager of people wanting to believe it. We're talking about a country that dissects people alive and without anesthetic on-demand for organs and randomly flood and kill people on a whim. So this is a country where sanity and insanity do not even factor in, it's whatever is going to be the rationalized path forward to maintain the CCP's powers, narratives, and ruling structures. Then when you factor in how the Three Gorges Dam is this propaganda keystone to a huge part of the modern presentation of the party, I am seriously scared they might decide a war would be easier to deal with.

And when you consider all of what China has done, all of the things talked about in this very thread in so many ways, almost any war with China is going to become a world war.

Though my better two thirds just told me that they could spin it as uyghur or falun gong terrorists blew it up and thus rationalize more oppression against those groups and denouncing them worldwide. Which... yeah, that sounds more realistic at least within China.

Well, I don't think that China would have any allusions about their ability to win a war- much less a world war
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:32 am

Exxosia wrote:Something that has been worrying me is the Three Gorges Dam as of late.

I would be quite worried about that, given the huge number of people living downstream ... and you posting some kind of source.

China is going off the rails with how much propaganda and twisting themselves in knots to maintain so many appearances. The Three Gorges Dam has long been a major focus for narratives in propaganda. If, or more likely when, it fails, I don't see China being able to keep things together without saying it was sabotage or attack.

I am seriously afraid China is going to start WWIII just to save face by lying and saying the US blew up the Three Gorges Dam because they are that desperate to maintain control and their narratives that a world war would be easier to deal with than the repercussions of the Three Gorges Dam failing.

Yeah, I think it's more likely China would do something to stop the dam failing. Something which would be visible by satellite.

Gonna need a source for that.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I would be quite worried about that, given the huge number of people living downstream ... and you posting some kind of source.

Yeah, I think it's more likely China would do something to stop the dam failing. Something which would be visible by satellite.

なに?WTF did you see from the news?
Last edited by Shanghai industrial complex on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:22 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

なに?WTF did you see from the news?

You could be more helpful. No, I didn't see it in the news.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:25 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:なに?WTF did you see from the news?

I didn't see anything too.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:59 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3972343 https://www.google.com/amp/s/asiatimes. ... -pressure/

Although the PRC denies there is any risk of collapse, it acknowledges that there is some "displacement, seepage, and deformation" of the dam from the floods and that the dam is on “wartime footing”.
We cannot be sure exactly, it might not be a significant issue, or it might be.
The PRC lies, but that does not mean the dam is on the verge of collapse either.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:25 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I didn't see anything too.

Because it's not in the news. It was a hypothetical event. :/
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Pwaliaqlushiasc
Political Columnist

Founded: May 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pwaliaqlushiasc » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:17 am

I hope PRC will collapse and East Turkestan,Tibet will be independent.Other parts of PRC will be controlled by Taiwan.But that's fantasy ,in reality this can happen only if PRC will be totally isolated.

But even international isolation may not help because of some reasons:

1.PRC is North Korea but bigger.Both are dictatorships ,both has propaganda and concentration camps.Difference is that PRC is "communist" and North Korea is also "communist", but North Korea have Juche(Kimilsenism) and PRC have I don't know how to call that ,eh kinda fascism(?).

2.North Korea are totally isolated but,problem it exists.Why?Cuz communist friends like USSR or PRC helped to North Korean economy ,after collapse of USSR there's PRC left and it still helps to North Korea.After declaration of international isolation on PRC need to wait a lot of time before it's economy will collapse because of East Turkestan coal and other reasons.And then PRC and North Korean regimes will collapse ,but alot of time need to wait when people in those countries begin protest.

3.Some countries' governments think that PRC or North Korea is friends.Lets get a sample country.Russian government thinks that PRC is friend and that it never going to betray so,Russian government rent Siberia to PRC for 50 years and supplies gas for very low price.And if those governments will continue to do that PRC gonna live forever.

I'm sure that there's more reasons but, these most obvious for me.Whatever I hope that PRC will collapse as USSR did.

(Sorry if there's issues, English is kinda complicated language for me.Sorry again)

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:59 am

Novus America wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3972343 https://www.google.com/amp/s/asiatimes. ... -pressure/

Although the PRC denies there is any risk of collapse, it acknowledges that there is some "displacement, seepage, and deformation" of the dam from the floods and that the dam is on “wartime footing”.
We cannot be sure exactly, it might not be a significant issue, or it might be.
The PRC lies, but that does not mean the dam is on the verge of collapse either.

One thing we are sure of is that this is a very volatile situation that can impact the lives of millions and stock markets and ports globally. Of course, I wish that the dam does not collapse or that the damage is minimal at best, but one does have to be prepared with contingencies for scenarios of such sort.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

FutureAmerica
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby FutureAmerica » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 am

China will have to democratise to become a true modern nation. The CCP has run its course and is actually hurting China's evolution as a modern nation. China is now regressing back into another Cultural Revolution which will destroy their country.

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:26 am

to give a shortcut to ‘other’, i notice we having a mixture of totalitarianism and freed way of life in all continents. i suggest chimera of the two.

some of most accurate intuition, between history and novel, comes from story-teller Alan Moore, that’s the path most people say they wish.

most severe flaws come as a distance from political liberties.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sungoldy-China
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungoldy-China » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:41 am

The most dangerous period for the Communist Party is the period from Tiananmen Square to the year 2000 ,

during this time , Chinese people fascinated by American freedom and democracy privately ,
The Chinese army was shocked by the subtle operations of the United States in the Gulf War ,

If the U.S. government insists on China’s regime change, I have no doubt that the Communist Party will succumb and make the reforms America wants.

But after 2000,all have changed , even now , Chinese people joke:
“本拉登怒撞双子塔,章家敦巧献崩溃书”
“Osama Laden bang World Trade Center, Gordon G. Chang contribution to the book‘The Coming Collapse of China’ Ingenious”.
Both Osama Laden bang and Gordon G. Chang should be the nation hero for China.

Now after Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, most Chinese people did not trust American can bring freedom and democracy , for some even yooung Chinese, they even laugh at the idea of democracy .

the time has already pass ,now CCP will control as long as USA keep on create next Iraq .
every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind
"every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind. Millions of sins, filthy deeds, acts of violence and physical contagions ... are far less dangerous than the subtle, spiritual idea of God decked out in the smartest ideological costumes ..."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General