NATION

PASSWORD

The Kims: East Asian Lucretia & Cesare?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:47 am

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:48 am

Gormwood wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:Also, who gives a crap wether or not Stalin was handsome in his youth?

Anyone living in Stalin's Soviet Union?

"You do not think Chairman Stalin was handsome in his youth? Go to gulag."

"Sign your delivery.Ice pick from Moscow"
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

No walls
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby No walls » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:50 am

Most of the western reporting on North Korea is baseless and guesswork so anything can be said and gotten away with, only China and North Korea know and it seems South Korea is insisting that he is fine

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:56 am

Gormwood wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:It has actually been used to destroy maggot colonies on untreated wounds iirc.

Ironically some surgeons use maggots to debride wounds.

They call that "divorce" in the United States.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:58 am

I dunno if yall talked about this, but there are people out there sexualizing Kim's sister now since she may become the next dictator soon. I thought ide let yall know just in case.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 am

South Ccanda wrote:I dunno if yall talked about this, but there are people out there sexualizing Kim's sister now since she may become the next dictator soon. I thought ide let yall know just in case.

Pretty sure that was the topic a few pages ago.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:00 pm

South Ccanda wrote:I dunno if yall talked about this, but there are people out there sexualizing Kim's sister now since she may become the next dictator soon. I thought ide let yall know just in case.

She is hot.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Are you using Internet Explorer?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Does your internet sound like this, perhaps?
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Netscape

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Nakena wrote:
Celritannia wrote:Are you using Internet Explorer?

Netscape

Netscape is as dead as a Kim Jong Un.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:33 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Netscape

Netscape is as dead as a Kim Jong Un.

Someone recently, I think here, was talking about using a Netscape 2.0 build on a linux machine. I was impressed.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Now here’s an interesting situation, if Kim Yo Jong does take power, she might purge many of the high ranking generals, considering Kim Jong Un did the same. Since they probably see it coming, it might be plausible for some of them to take use their own militias and attempt a power grab
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:36 pm

-Astoria wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Hmm. Fox.

Which tags a Reuters source.

Which quotes a South Korea Intelligence source and I believe we have a general consensus that South Korea is trying to down play everything to avoid a panic.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Netscape is as dead as a Kim Jong Un.

Someone recently, I think here, was talking about using a Netscape 2.0 build on a linux machine. I was impressed.

Sure I have no doubt that it is still used for some incredibly niche retro style, but a corpse is still a corpse even if someone starts operating it like a marionette.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Someone recently, I think here, was talking about using a Netscape 2.0 build on a linux machine. I was impressed.

Sure I have no doubt that it is still used for some incredibly niche retro style, but a corpse is still a corpse even if someone starts operating it like a marionette.

Relevant: viewtopic.php?p=37007769#p37007769

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Someone recently, I think here, was talking about using a Netscape 2.0 build on a linux machine. I was impressed.

https://www.shutupandtakemymoney.com/ki ... nies-meme/
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Nakena wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Sure I have no doubt that it is still used for some incredibly niche retro style, but a corpse is still a corpse even if someone starts operating it like a marionette.

Relevant: viewtopic.php?p=37007769#p37007769

That was the poster, thanx

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Parvar
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Parvar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Now here’s an interesting situation, if Kim Yo Jong does take power, she might purge many of the high ranking generals, considering Kim Jong Un did the same. Since they probably see it coming, it might be plausible for some of them to take use their own militias and attempt a power grab

Yes, that is a likely situation of what could be going on behind the scenes in the DPRK right now. And probably why we haven't heard anything official.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Hey,IE is great. I just installed IE4 on my new computer.I think it will be popular soon
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:33 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

Hey,IE is great. I just installed IE4 on my new computer.I think it will be popular soon

Still a thousand times better than Edge - or whatever they're calling it this week.

Lindyman
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindyman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:04 pm

this will be the final determination whether the Kim bloodline is lindy or not

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:48 am

So South Korea has been repeatedly saying he’s fine and at his compound on the West Coast of North Korea, without definitive proof.

Recently, however, satellites photographed his train at that compound. I’m inclined to believe South Korea now
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Parvar
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Parvar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Aureumterra wrote:So South Korea has been repeatedly saying he’s fine and at his compound on the West Coast of North Korea, without definitive proof.

Recently, however, satellites photographed his train at that compound. I’m inclined to believe South Korea now

Or someone could be moving it because they know they're being watched. They already do this with KJU's residencies.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm still going to go with 'someone go poke him with a stick' as the best possible way to verify an answer to this question.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General