NATION

PASSWORD

The Kims: East Asian Lucretia & Cesare?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Tue May 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
Half of this thread was talking about how beautiful Kim's sister was. Where was the racism?

There is immediate sexualization of fetishization of an East Asian woman with the entirety of her portrayal being through the lens of the "Dragon Lady," a common racist trope of East Asian women in America as being untrustworthy, overtly sexual and aggressive, and mysterious.

People are making immediate assumptions of craziness, for which there is no basis apart from stereotypes regarding craziness for the DPRK, women, and women of color, when they do not actually know anything about her apart from the fact that she is Kim Jong-un's sister.

Just to chime in here for a moment, since the phrase “Person of colour” seems to be solely an American thing (for now, thankfully) - Or, in other countries used by those that think all English-speaking countries are just like America regarding racial issues: with no nuances at all. But really, what is the difference between me saying “coloured person” and “person of colour”? Aside from one being the “in” word at the moment and the other one supposedly being racist?
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Tue May 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Violent Mike wrote:DPRK is pretty crazy dog.

No serious analyst or Korean considers them crazy.

Please state what you think is crazy.

The Kims are the worst kind of crazy: crazy, but not stupid. They know what they are doing.
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
You cant really tell by how she dresses, but I think she is pretty tone under all that, and I have always liked crazy asian women

Racism and sexism. Nice combo.

Yeah, liking women is sexist. Finding asians attractive is racist.
Got any more bullshit you want to peddle?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:So much misinformation, fetishization, Dragon Lady troping, and much more in this thread... why doesn't NS have a nauseated or barfing emoji?

It's related to serial killer fetish.

More.like people in power want to be dominated, but you pick your own interpretation

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Tue May 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gormwood wrote:It's related to serial killer fetish.

More.like people in power want to be dominated, but you pick your own interpretation

You're in power?
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Heloin wrote:Virtually no information is freely available, North Korea doesn't share and doesn't tell aside from clean scrubbed propaganda. The people who report of North Korea do a lot of fucking hard work but still, why the hell do you think everyone thought he was definitely dead the last few weeks?

Not all information on the DPRK has to be solely consumed through accepting state propaganda. There is satellite imagery, intelligence, common testimonies from defectors, information released by state media on things they wouldn't lie about, analyses of prices in black/gray markets, analyses of state media, and so on.

No one who actually studies the DPRK believed he was dead. Neither did the ROK, which conducts the most intelligence regarding the DPRK and is actually the source of a lot of scoops regarding the DPRK for Western media. Instead, there was heavy criticism from Western Korea experts and ROK liberals regarding the rumors.

TMZ CNN and a bunch of people who couldn't point out Korea on a map do not count as "everyone."

fixed that for you.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gormwood wrote:It's related to serial killer fetish.

So now you're saying Kim Yo-Jong wants to be 50 Shades of Greyed.
Last edited by Gormwood on Tue May 05, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:More.like people in power want to be dominated, but you pick your own interpretation

You're in power?

:p

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Violent Mike
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Violent Mike » Tue May 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Arumdaum wrote:

Authoritarianism.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:Racism and sexism. Nice combo.

Wanting to be dommed is racist and sexist.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:48 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:More.like people in power want to be dominated, but you pick your own interpretation

So now you're saying Kim Yo-Jong wants to be 50 Shades of Greyed.

I HAVE A DREAM!!

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Violent Mike wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:No serious analyst or Korean considers them crazy.

Authoritarianism.
Ethel mermania wrote:

Wanting to be dommed is racist and sexist.

Well I dont, but I still have to ask, how so?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Prosa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosa » Tue May 05, 2020 7:50 pm

How the hell did this thread go from "Kim Jong-Un's deteriorating health" to "the ethical implications of fetishizing his sister?"
The Prosan Empire
NEWS: 9/5/20——A new documentary about the life of Emperor emeritus Davorin Elkan has stirred up controversy due to its focus on his many extramarital affairs.

Strength Valour Progress

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Arumdaum wrote:

They are bloodthirsty in the domestic sphere. Heck, operating in a regime that imprisons families for multiple generations is downright insane.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So now you're saying Kim Yo-Jong wants to be 50 Shades of Greyed.

I HAVE A DREAM!!

If I start having dreams about her I am blaming you people :D
China lied, people died!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Prosa wrote:How the hell did this thread go from "Kim Jong-Un's deteriorating health" to "the ethical implications of fetishizing his sister?"

Welcome to nationstates.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Violent Mike
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Violent Mike » Tue May 05, 2020 7:52 pm

Prosa wrote:How the hell did this thread go from "Kim Jong-Un's deteriorating health" to "the ethical implications of fetishizing his sister?"

Well KJU is probably alright so the only thing left is talking about his sister.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Tue May 05, 2020 7:53 pm

:rofl:
China lied, people died!

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Tue May 05, 2020 8:02 pm

The inner machinations of the internet is an enigma.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Tue May 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Aeritai wrote:

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Tue May 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Aeritai wrote:

I remember a long time ago I was on another forum and thread about a foiled mass-shooting turned into a discussion about the average cost of cross-dressing prostitutes.
China lied, people died!

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 pm

SangMar wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:There is immediate sexualization of fetishization of an East Asian woman with the entirety of her portrayal being through the lens of the "Dragon Lady," a common racist trope of East Asian women in America as being untrustworthy, overtly sexual and aggressive, and mysterious.

People are making immediate assumptions of craziness, for which there is no basis apart from stereotypes regarding craziness for the DPRK, women, and women of color, when they do not actually know anything about her apart from the fact that she is Kim Jong-un's sister.

Just to chime in here for a moment, since the phrase “Person of colour” seems to be solely an American thing (for now, thankfully) - Or, in other countries used by those that think all English-speaking countries are just like America regarding racial issues: with no nuances at all. But really, what is the difference between me saying “coloured person” and “person of colour”? Aside from one being the “in” word at the moment and the other one supposedly being racist?

Maybe because there are so many people in America and it's so easy to become an American.How many other countries will struggle with illegal immigration? Illegal immigration means illegal :eyebrow:
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Tue May 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
SangMar wrote:

Maybe because there are so many people in America and it's so easy to become an American.How many other countries will struggle with illegal immigration? Illegal immigration means illegal :eyebrow:

Excuse me, but in the kindest possible way - what?

Firstly, I have no idea where you’re going with this and two, try every single first world nation except maybe Japan? - for example, every Western European state struggles with illegal immigration. Finally, I must thank you for explaining what ‘illegal immigration’ means - even though it really wasn’t relevant.
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Old Zealand Founder
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Zealand Founder » Wed May 06, 2020 4:31 am

I thought this thread was about Kim Jong-un...
JUCHE GANG

ArenaC
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby ArenaC » Wed May 06, 2020 4:38 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
SangMar wrote:

Yes! Being born in America is so easy and illegal! DEPORT THE BABIES!
The Commonwealth of ArenaC
the 2020 Laughingstock of the World Assembly LOTWA

my (WA) views do not represent my region and should never be interpreted as such. get angry at me. not the region. just me. ...of course if it involves me.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 am

Old Zealand Founder wrote:I thought this thread was about Kim Jong-un...

You were deceived. This is NSG, and this thread went off the deep end multiple pages back when they started sexualising Kim Jong Un's sister. On-topic is but a blissful memory here.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General