NATION

PASSWORD

The Kims: East Asian Lucretia & Cesare?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

ArenaC
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby ArenaC » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:54 am

Nakena wrote:I may add that its quite possible that he lays low to see how the world would react and as well other domestic and foreign actors.

Funny how your flag reminds me of Kim Yo-jong who is expected to lead the country if Jong-un does indeed perish.
The Commonwealth of ArenaC
the 2020 Laughingstock of the World Assembly LOTWA

my (WA) views do not represent my region and should never be interpreted as such. get angry at me. not the region. just me. ...of course if it involves me.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:57 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:
If I had to picture "female oriental dictator", this would be the sort of mental image I'd get. She could totally be a politically incorrect Marvel supervillain called "The Dragon Empress", "Lady Jade", "Black Lotus" or some other cringy name like that.

Buddy,She's from North Korea, not China.You should give her a Korean nickname .Like "the tiger queen" "North border witch"

Don't they also have dragons in Korean mythology?
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:00 am

Nakena wrote:I may add that its quite possible that he lays low to see how the world would react and as well other domestic and foreign actors.

Maybe he just returned to Mount Paektu and ascended to the heavens.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Buddy,She's from North Korea, not China.You should give her a Korean nickname .Like "the tiger queen" "North border witch"

Yep. Think the word is "yong".
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Cellaronia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cellaronia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:04 am

His sister wouldn’t be in charge for half a second. The military would overthrow her and replace her with some general. This could be the start of heading towards Korean Reunification

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:05 am

Cellaronia wrote:His sister wouldn’t be in charge for half a second. The military would overthrow her and replace her with some general. This could be the start of heading towards Korean Reunification

Dynastically there's three options:

- Kim Yo-jong (The evil Sister)

- Kim Jong-chul (The bizarre Brother)

- Kim Pyong-il (The Diplomat, and also last surviving son of Kim Il-sung the founder)
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am

Nakena wrote:
Cellaronia wrote:His sister wouldn’t be in charge for half a second. The military would overthrow her and replace her with some general. This could be the start of heading towards Korean Reunification

- Kim Pyong-il (The Diplomat, and also last surviving son of Kim Il-sung the founder)

Kim Pyong-il would probably be the best choice, although unlikely to become leader.
Last edited by Celritannia on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Buddy,She's from North Korea, not China.You should give her a Korean nickname .Like "the tiger queen" "North border witch"

Yes:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_dragon

But they are regarded as benevolent and noble creatures and not as associated with destruction.
In Chinese folklore there are different types of dragons, some more benevolent and some more destructive.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 am

Nakena wrote:

And obviously there was another but the NK death squad equipped with nerve agent put a stop to that.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:36 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Nakena wrote:

And obviously there was another but the NK death squad equipped with nerve agent put a stop to that.

Chanel VX is rumored to be an rather unnerving experience.

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 am

Baltenstein wrote:

The national animal of North Korea is the winged horse Chollima. The Chollima Goddess.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Nakena wrote:

dont forget the Nephew overseas and Kim Jon Un's children. They are kids but the mother could insist on ruling as a dowager until they come of age.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Nakena wrote:

dont forget the Nephew overseas and Kim Jon Un's children. They are kids but the mother could insist on ruling as a dowager until they come of age.

Last time a dowager ruled an East Asian nation with a large army, it collapsed in on itself.
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

Last time a dowager ruled an East Asian nation with a large army, it collapsed in on itself.

I fail to see the problem with that.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Tadreodal
Attaché

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tadreodal » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Last time a dowager ruled an East Asian nation with a large army, it collapsed in on itself.

I fail to see the problem with that.

The North Korean government would have a problem with that
Tadreodal

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Obviously it's going to be Steve Buscemi.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:36 pm

So is he dead?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:So is he dead?

Not as far as we know, no.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Not as far as we know, no.

Well that didn't happen then.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:38 pm

I wouldn count on it.

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:39 pm

The last article on KCNA about the Supreme Leader's activities is from the 22th of April. Yes, I actually entered their webpage.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:45 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:Obviously it's going to be Steve Buscemi.

I think Daniel day lewis could do the role better, but we have to give him a couple days to work into the character
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Genivaria wrote:So this just appeared on my FB feed.What the fuck people.

What the fuck is this Mickey Mouse bullshit?

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Genivaria wrote:So this just appeared on my FB feed.What the fuck people.

Heresy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General