NATION

PASSWORD

Hunting Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you hunt?

With a bow
16%
With a rifle
32%
With a pistol
3%
I’m a mad lad with a spear or slingshot or something
3%
I don’t hunt, but I’m interested in it
30%
I don’t hunt, I’m just here to criticize your life choices as a hunter
16%

Total votes : 37

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:41 am

Kernen wrote:I don't have an issue with hunting as such. I dislike it because I don't care to hurt animals that I find beautiful. Which is why I am, say, very pro-boar hunting. Ugly bastards...but I do not see a problem with sportsmanlike hunting. I'll just pass on it.

People hunting? That I could see a market for.

my position exactly.

im not inherently against hunting, its a far more humane way of killing a food source than the fkn industrial meat industry. i just dont see why someone would take enjoyment in it. i also think its just goddamn silly when people do it to add 3 inches to their dick make themselves look 'manly'
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Volinovia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Volinovia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:44 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Kernen wrote:I don't have an issue with hunting as such. I dislike it because I don't care to hurt animals that I find beautiful. Which is why I am, say, very pro-boar hunting. Ugly bastards...but I do not see a problem with sportsmanlike hunting. I'll just pass on it.

my position exactly.

im not inherently against hunting, its a far more humane way of killing a food source than the fkn industrial meat industry. i just dont see why someone would take enjoyment in it. i also think its just goddamn silly when people do it to add 3 inches to their dick make themselves look 'manly'

All the people I know hunt for food, or to help control the population. Deer hunting is one of the most humane ways of hunting if you do it correctly. Also known as waiting for the deer to provide you the right shot as to go behind its shoulder. I agree that it is a little stupid to claim that it is manly but at the same time it is a necessity. Big packs of deer bring more predators, and that just a'int gonna fly.
Howdy, I am Volinovia. I won't tell you what I am pro or anti cause it doesn't matter. I am an American 911 Dispatcher and I work at an Animal Shelter.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 am

Agarntrop wrote:

my position exactly.

It’s possible to enjoy hunting without just doing it to look manly. I legitimately enjoy hunting, and I know that that doesn’t make me more manly than anyone else, because I know I’m also a nerd who plays an online nation simulator, loves Star Wars, and reads a ton of books. Just because someone loves hunting doesn’t mean they are trying to be manly, it just means they love the thrill of the chase.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Bromagia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bromagia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 am

Agarntrop wrote:

my position exactly.

I don't see why someone wouldn't take enjoyment from it.

It is silly when people use it as a proxy for virility. Not that there are many people who actually do that in anything but a tongue-in-cheeck way.
I'm finished with this forum and the constant goddamn groupthink, virtue signalling, and woke scolding. I thank Max for the good times I've spent here but I just don't fit anymore. Peace.

Bromagia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bromagia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Volinovia wrote:
Kernen wrote:Despite having been on the receiving end of a hungry pack of at least some coyotes and possibly some feral dogs, I have problems hunting coyote. I dont like them, but I cant bring myself to kill them.

I rather like deer, and prefer passive measures to keep them out of the garden.

It's not that I am worried they will get in my garden. They can roam in my yard all they want. I am worried about what comes with a big pack of deer. Think of the bobcats and predators that will follow them. That is my problem. I have all the animals I need to protect which is part of my livelihood.

We share similar concerns. What kind of animals do you raise? Beef?
I'm finished with this forum and the constant goddamn groupthink, virtue signalling, and woke scolding. I thank Max for the good times I've spent here but I just don't fit anymore. Peace.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Agarntrop wrote:

my position exactly.

Not exactly. You and I do not agree.

I understand why people enjoy hunting for sport. I don't ridicule those folks as having a toxic masculinity issue.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Volinovia wrote:
Kernen wrote:Despite having been on the receiving end of a hungry pack of at least some coyotes and possibly some feral dogs, I have problems hunting coyote. I dont like them, but I cant bring myself to kill them.

I rather like deer, and prefer passive measures to keep them out of the garden.

It's not that I am worried they will get in my garden. They can roam in my yard all they want. I am worried about what comes with a big pack of deer. Think of the bobcats and predators that will follow them. That is my problem. I have all the animals I need to protect which is part of my livelihood.

When I lived on a remote farm, a pair of guard dogs was sufficient to keep the cougars and the (fortunately extremely rare) wolverines away. I am inordinately fond of large cats, and elected to use the nonlethal flashbang shotgun shells where necessary. Which was never, as the dogs paired with a sturdy barn were more than sufficient.

As I hate keeping livestock with a burning passion, I would just stick with a sturdy door.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Volinovia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 25, 2018

Postby Volinovia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Bromagia wrote:
Volinovia wrote:

We share similar concerns. What kind of animals do you raise? Beef?

I have a lot of chickens, horses, and our neighbors, good friends, have a lot of goats.

Kernen wrote:
Volinovia wrote:

When I lived on a remote farm, a pair of guard dogs was sufficient to keep the cougars and the (fortunately extremely rare) wolverines away. I am inordinately fond of large cats, and elected to use the nonlethal flashbang shotgun shells where necessary. Which was never, as the dogs paired with a sturdy barn were more than sufficient.

As I hate keeping livestock with a burning passion, I would just stick with a sturdy door.

I haven't ever had a huge issue with cats. But I believe I can chalk that up with good management of my deer population. I don't shoot everything I see. There are mornings where I can see them walk up when I sit on my porch. You've got to respect nature, but at the same time, you've got to do what you must to protect your property.
Howdy, I am Volinovia. I won't tell you what I am pro or anti cause it doesn't matter. I am an American 911 Dispatcher and I work at an Animal Shelter.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Novus America wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:I'd consider fishing part of hunting, since you gotta hunt for that special spot where the fish are biting.

Fishing is just hunting for fish really, especially spear fishing. Also having separate threads make one thread more likely to die out. Sure the woods hunting and fishing are different communities in some ways but there is a lot of overlap.

You forgot bowfishing.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Fishing is just hunting for fish really, especially spear fishing. Also having separate threads make one thread more likely to die out. Sure the woods hunting and fishing are different communities in some ways but there is a lot of overlap.

You forgot bowfishing.

Bowfishing looks interesting.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Aeritai wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:
You forgot bowfishing.

Bowfishing looks interesting.

I’ve never tried it, but if I can barely hit a standing target from thirty yards with about there is no way I can hit a moving fish with a bow from any distance.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Fishing requires its own thread. Too much difference between hunting and fishing.

Lawful Evil

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 am

Has anybody here ever hunted moose, or something really big like that?
Hot Girls Vote

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:02 am

Kathol Rift wrote:Has anybody here ever hunted moose, or something really big like that?

Biggest thing I've hunted was black bear. My uncle who lives in Alasaka, hunts bear, elk and moose, which he's shared over the years, mmm.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 am

Kathol Rift wrote:Has anybody here ever hunted moose, or something really big like that?

It takes a blessing from the gods to get a moose tag where I am.

Lawful Evil

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Kernen wrote:

It takes a blessing from the gods to get a moose tag where I am.

Imagine me in Arizona. It takes a seriously confused moose and and some drunk Game and Fish officers to get a moose tag down here.
Hot Girls Vote

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Hunting is great, but no one ever gives enough credit to gathering.

I know it's less glamorous, but Neanderthal cannot live on Mammoth alone...
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Bromagia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bromagia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:Hunting is great, but no one ever gives enough credit to gathering.

I know it's less glamorous, but Neanderthal cannot live on Mammoth alone...

You probably could.

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 am

Kathol Rift wrote:
Kernen wrote:It takes a blessing from the gods to get a moose tag where I am.

Imagine me in Arizona. It takes a seriously confused moose and and some drunk Game and Fish officers to get a moose tag down here.

Didn't y'all have that one maniac try to bring a bunch of moose in from Alaska for a zoo project?
You never know what can end up in the wilderness.
Does NOT use NS Stats. RP Name 1252-1982: Nogodrick. 0-1252 and 1982-Present: Alsesia
Nation partially represents real views.
Vaukiai wrote:I am sure that if I say everything the opposite, you don't warn me.

This forum is a jewish dictatorship.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:
Inven wrote:A major threat, especially for small islands nation like Tuvalu

Can't they move?

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Trixtoria wrote:
BlueSteel does NOT support the institution of slavery. We thank you for you interest.

Why not?

Kamilistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamilistan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am

Hunting is like some kind of hobby to some people who mostly live near the nature's

For me , im not quite the guy yet , Im mostly good at shooting but hunting on the other-hand makes me kinda scared , if I missed the shot and an animals saw me , and running towards me i'll be dead
Last edited by Kamilistan on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 am

Nogodia wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Imagine me in Arizona. It takes a seriously confused moose and and some drunk Game and Fish officers to get a moose tag down here.

Didn't y'all have that one maniac try to bring a bunch of moose in from Alaska for a zoo project?
You never know what can end up in the wilderness.

We might have, I don’t remember that though. I’ve never seen a moose down here. It’s too hot for them. They’d never survive.
Kamilistan wrote:Hunting is like some kind of hobby to some people who mostly live near the nature's

For me , im not quite the guy yet , Im mostly good at shooting but hunting on the other-hand makes me kinda scared , if I missed the shot and an animals saw me , and running towards me i'll be dead

Only if it’s a predator, and most of the time they’ll run away if they get shot at. But a very hungry predator or a very territorial herbivore might charge you, but that would be very very rare. I’ve never seen it happen or met anyone that has had it happen. I have almost been charged by one bull elk, but I hadn’t shot at it yet.
Last edited by Kathol Rift on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Girls Vote

Rymosh
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rymosh » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 am

Kathol Rift wrote:
Kernen wrote:It takes a blessing from the gods to get a moose tag where I am.

Same here

Rymosh
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rymosh » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 am

Anybody ever hunted a hairy saber toothed pig

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:58 am

Rymosh wrote:Anybody ever hunted a hairy saber toothed pig

Javelina? Yep. Not successfully though.
Hot Girls Vote

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Kernen wrote:Fishing requires its own thread. Too much difference between hunting and fishing.

A fishing thread is a good idea. Fishing is a lot of fun, although I never catch much.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General