NATION

PASSWORD

23 Dead in Canada's worst mass shooting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Purple Rats wrote:Mass shooters in USA are still mostly white, or have I misunderstood something?

Also not true. The ones that make the headlines are mostly committed by whites. The majority of mass shootings occur within poor black and Latino neighborhoods, but those are never newsworthy events.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
So it's all the fault of the niggers?

In the sense that they are the ones physically committing violent crime, yes. Is it their fault they're predisposed to it given their conditions? It'd be hard to argue that. They don't have many homies up in Canada doing the same thing though, and if they weren't in the USA its crime rates would look a lot like Canada's. So guns aren't to blame, the conditions of America's minorities are.

So maybe the solution is to raise the minorities out of the poor living conditions. Because people who have a comfortable life and secure living are far less likely to commit crimes than those who are poor and have shity living conditions no matter their skin color
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:In the sense that they are the ones physically committing violent crime, yes. Is it their fault they're predisposed to it given their conditions? It'd be hard to argue that. They don't have many homies up in Canada doing the same thing though, and if they weren't in the USA its crime rates would look a lot like Canada's. So guns aren't to blame, the conditions of America's minorities are.

So maybe the solution is to raise the minorities out of the poor living conditions. Because people who have a comfortable life and secure living are far less likely to commit crimes than those who are poor and have shity living conditions no matter their skin color

We've been trying that for like 50 years. How long is it supposed to take?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:So maybe the solution is to raise the minorities out of the poor living conditions. Because people who have a comfortable life and secure living are far less likely to commit crimes than those who are poor and have shity living conditions no matter their skin color

We've been trying that for like 50 years. How long is it supposed to take?

We really haven’t. All we’ve been doing is letting the inner cities rot while we pretend that everything is fine. We can’t just throw money at the problem and hope it goes away
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Purple Rats wrote:
What tha fuck are you talking about, we don't even have black people in our country (I mean, we do, but really few) and we still have crime, because people are poor and pissed off.

There isn't really an equivalent of Baltimore or Detroit in Canada. You guys have South Asian and native gangs to be sure, but their neighborhoods are comparable to poor Hispanic neighborhoods in the US.

I'm not from Canada. I found this page: https://knoema.com/atlas/Estonia/topics ... E,US,CA,DE Compare Estonia (poor white country), Germany (rich country with race diversity), USA, Canada.

USA has higher rate of homicide than us, but we have higher rate than Canada and Germany for example. And before 2011 we had higher crime rate than you. Specially look at that 1990-1995, when our country was just dealing with coming out from Soviet Union.

I do understand that minorities can end up doing crime because of poverty, but it's really just because they are poor, not race issue. Same way like we have high crime rates, because people are poor, even when we are total Snowwhite country.

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:03 pm

But it's anyway little bit out of topic, because as I understand this Canada issue is just someone losing their mind, so this thread has took weird turn...

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Purple Rats wrote:But it's anyway little bit out of topic, because as I understand this Canada issue is just someone losing their mind, so this thread has took weird turn...

Racist will always find a way to blame black people. Even if the suspect was white. Really makes you question people motives on here lol.

Oh and the 13/50 meme is heavily pushed by Neo-Nazis on social media. It's a dog whistle.
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:11 pm

sounds like he snapped.

did he suffer any sort of tragedy recently?
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:sounds like he snapped.

I have yet to see a motive. But reports say he has died and was dressed up as a mounty and had a fake police car.
US Air Force E-4

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:18 pm

United States of Devonta wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:sounds like he snapped.

I have yet to see a motive. But reports say he has died and was dressed up as a mounty and had a fake police car.

i know that.

i also hear that his son was stabbed a while back, couldve been what set him off.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:29 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:

i know that.

i also hear that his son was stabbed a while back, couldve been what set him off.

From what I see, he knew the first victims personally and then started killing random people in different locations.

Also, death toll is now 17 (inc. the shooter)
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:17 pm

It was published now in our news as well. Well, it still says 13 victims here, not updated yet.

Ankenland
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ankenland » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:19 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Accelerationist Poland-Lithuania wrote:13% of the US population is responsible for about 50% of all violent crime
there aren't many of those 13%ers in Canada though
If you look at the gun crime rate for various groups outside that 13%, it's actually pretty reasonable. It looks like Europe or maybe a nice Latin American country in some cases. The 13% brings up the numbers a lot.

When you control for poverty, that 13% isn't more likely to commit crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... lack-kids/

You should title your response to this post:

"Factually Untrue Statements: How I Became Immune To Data And Learned To Love Repeating Them"

Rojava Free State wrote:And what do you mean outside that 13% the crime rate is reasonable? As a latino, I gotta say we have a horrible crime problem in the community. 50% of American gang members are hispanics. Everyday young Latin men are shot and killed, so this is most definitely not just a black issue. It's also a latino issue and a southeast Asian issue and a native American issue and an Appalachian issue too.

Yes, thank you for reminding us that the vibrant Mexican cartel culture is the next demographic most over-represented in violent crime in America.

This is not a southeast Asian issue, native American issue, or Appalachian issue. There is not much data about those groups because they are so small, and where there is data, it shows that they do not have this problem to the same degree as blacks and latinos.
Last edited by Ankenland on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ankenland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ankenland » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:28 am

United States of Devonta wrote:Racist will always find a way to blame black people. Even if the suspect was white. Really makes you question people motives on here lol.

Oh and the 13/50 meme is heavily pushed by Neo-Nazis on social media. It's a dog whistle.

I think, primarily, Americans are just tired of people blaming their murder rate on a lack of gun control. Switzerland is highly weaponized as part of their defense strategy, they do not have any of the unique social and ethnic inequalities of America. They have a murder rate much lower than in the UK, where there is greater social and ethnic inequality and strict gun control, and so the minorities kill each other with knives.

So, if you don't want to hear about crime statistics, you shouldn't blame crime on people's right to self defense.

Call me a Nazi. Do it. I'll be your Bobby Fischer.

As for this shooting, mass shootings are a meme. Peanut allergy has a higher bodycount, but you don't hear about it, because there is no push to get rid of peanuts.
Last edited by Ankenland on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:31 am

We already have a gun control thread y'know. This is about a series of killings with little to do with gun control and nothing to do with racial crime rates in the US.

Are there any more details about why this guy did what he did?

Ankenland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ankenland » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:37 am

Albrenia wrote:Are there any more details about why this guy did what he did?

Well, I think that much is obvious.

After killing millions of people with improperly filled drug prescriptions, high calorie foods, and failure to use seat belts, he became frustrated, realizing he wasn't getting the credit he deserved.

So he resolved to kill people in the only way that the media could appreciate.

He considered coughing on them instead, but even he knew on some level that it wasn't likely to work.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:44 am

So we're at the 'murder isn't a problem because people die in other ways' part of the conversation already? Oh goodie.

My question still stands if anyone feels like responding properly to it.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:59 am

Shillistan wrote:But I thought this never happens in any other country? :roll:

It's certainly much less common in some places than others. I'm not aware of anyone who says it 'never' happens outside of the US though.

I'm guessing you're not really interested in discussing the topic though, so feel free to have the last word in our conversation is it makes you feel better. I'll only respond if it's actually interesting this time.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 am

There's no way to prevent this, you know.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:12 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:Gun control at work

So much for "Now's Not The Time To Make This Political!" Guess that's only allowed when someone calls for enforced regulations.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:12 am

Torisakia wrote:

Don’t tell the politicians that, they might ban more guns.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:22 am

Torisakia wrote:

And this was the first Canadian mass shooting in how many years? Whereas in the U.S. you can expect monthly if not weekly shootings like a Call of Duty server. Which seems to be the pro-gun ideal of reducing mass shootings, act like real life is a Call of Duty server.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 am

Thrilling as American race relations and not-so-subtle racist dog whistling are, can we focus on this Canadian guy?
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:58 am

Ankenland wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
When you control for poverty, that 13% isn't more likely to commit crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... lack-kids/

You should title your response to this post:

"Factually Untrue Statements: How I Became Immune To Data And Learned To Love Repeating Them"

Rojava Free State wrote:And what do you mean outside that 13% the crime rate is reasonable? As a latino, I gotta say we have a horrible crime problem in the community. 50% of American gang members are hispanics. Everyday young Latin men are shot and killed, so this is most definitely not just a black issue. It's also a latino issue and a southeast Asian issue and a native American issue and an Appalachian issue too.

Yes, thank you for reminding us that the vibrant Mexican cartel culture is the next demographic most over-represented in violent crime in America.

This is not a southeast Asian issue, native American issue, or Appalachian issue. There is not much data about those groups because they are so small, and where there is data, it shows that they do not have this problem to the same degree as blacks and latinos.

Uh yes they do. Southeast Asians do have bad gang issues, and this is well known on the west coast. Have you never heard of the Tiny Rascals or Temple Street? And it most certainly is due to concentrated urban poverty as multiple experts have demonstrated repeatedly, like these experts right here: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... elinquency

Since you think white people don't do this kind of stuff, I can start posting some of the violent crime statistics for several majority white west Virginian cities. They serve as proof that when you concentrate urban poverty, white people do indeed commit a similar amount of violent crime. I know you wanna keep pushing the brown man bad, black man bad narrative, but it isnt based in reality at all. You can title your post "I'm coming out the closet as a bigot and denying reality so my beliefs don't get challenged."
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 am

The victims and their families are in my prayers, shameful display.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General