NATION

PASSWORD

The 'Best' & 'Worst' U.S. Presidents In History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Integralism is a form of fascism and he identifies as one. *shrug*

That's incorrect. Catholic Integralism is not fascism. I am strongly opposed to fascism.

Depends on how you define fascism. Fascism in Italy had a very close relationship with the Catholic church, and so it did too in Spain...Only one (1) fascist country truly did anything against the Catholic church, and even then it was questionable whether it was religiously-motivated or not.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:15 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sundiata wrote:That's incorrect. Catholic Integralism is not fascism. I am strongly opposed to fascism.

Depends on how you define fascism. Fascism in Italy had a very close relationship with the Catholic church, and so it did too in Spain...Only one (1) fascist country truly did anything against the Catholic church, and even then it was questionable whether it was religiously-motivated or not.

I am a Catholic who expresses my spirituality through the Opus Dei prelature; I do not subscribe to fascist ideologies, fascist creeds, or fascist oaths.

I ask politely that you recant that accusation, thank you.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Ah yes. John Kennedy, the man who was a drug addict and an adulterer. What a great example of a catholic. He was a racist too by the way. Boogey republics and all.

Rumors. John F. Kennedy stood for what is right.

Sure, when it came to domestic politics he stood for what was right at the time.

In his personal life however? lol, He was a massive Ritalin, opioid, and meth addict who started sleeping around behind Jackie's back with some of the most rich and powerful women in America almost as soon as the two of them got married. (Examples include but are not limited to: Gene Tierney, Marilyn Monroe, Gunilla von Post, Mary Pinochet, etc...)
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Rumors. John F. Kennedy stood for what is right.

Sure, when it came to domestic politics he stood for what was right at the time.

In his personal life however? lol, He was a massive opioid and meth addict who started sleeping around behind Jackie's back with some of the most rich and powerful women in America almost as soon as the two of them got married.

I'm aware of the rumors but I haven't seen any strong evidence for those claims of adultery or excessive opioid use. If the opioid use was heavy, I imagine it was to address his health conditions.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Cyng
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyng » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Best? DJT baby ezpz

Dollystana
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollystana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm

JFK (best)
Trump (worst)
I like warrior cats uwu and having fun
Catocratic Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic -3.38 Social -5.28
My views are basically Scandinavia, that's all you need to know
the best book series Eat sleep read warriors repeat. Warriors Wiki
Self-appointed Warrior cat of F7 overvuwu The Truth Behind Area 51 All About Me

Stats not used
If you support cats, put this in your signature.
Perikuresu wrote:All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:Sure, when it came to domestic politics he stood for what was right at the time.

In his personal life however? lol, He was a massive opioid and meth addict who started sleeping around behind Jackie's back with some of the most rich and powerful women in America almost as soon as the two of them got married.

I'm aware of the rumors but I haven't seen any strong evidence for those claims of adultery.

His former doctor came out with his drug problem and Jackie as well as several of his mistresses (Including Gene Tierney, Mary Pinochet, etc...) came out with his numerous affairs.

But sure, the people who were directly involved in his life aren't reputable sources. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:54 pm

James Buchanan's birthday today.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Southern Lainne Oniordia wrote:Around 70 million people will ultimately agree that Trump is one of the best Presidents ever. The evidence is overwhelming in what he has done. Under his economic policies, the U.S. economy was the strongest it has been in all of this Board's lifetimes, and many more decades. Unemployment was virtually non-existent. This post will certainly bring the Trump haters to respond, but so be it. One of the absolute worst Presidents in our history was Barack Obama. No one but him would give billions of dollars to a communist dictatorship in Iran.

70 million may say he's the best, but probably more say he's the worst. I put him at 2nd worst, behind Andrew Jackson, who was almost as bad a leader as *oof*ing Hitler. Washington, on the other hand, was more sympathetic towards the natives, although the genocide began 100 years earlier.

Obama isn't so controversial, with very few people putting him at an extreme point in the rankings. I also put him in the bottom half of the rankings, closer to 30th than the very bottom though. Also, Iran is not communist, it is a more antique-style Islamic monarchy.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:1. Name me a president who treated the indians well in the antebellum period?

Compared to Jackson, every president treated the Indians well.

But sure, John Quincy Adams
https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/indian-policy-fraudulent-and-brutal-says-john-quincy-adams-Rv7toLuKtEKF7j6K6F9PVA
-Opposed the Indian Springs Treaty after it had been signed and wanted to reverse it
-Reversed the unfair treaty with the 1826 Treaty of Washington
-Refused to support Georgia’s aggressive pressure for Indian removal, arguing that removal should be voluntary
-Did his best to beat brutal mass murderer Andrew Jackson in the election and stop him from being president
-Called Indian abuse "among the heinous sins of this nation"

Ethel mermania wrote:2. If you dont own property, you have jackson to thank for your right to vote.

Since I'm not white that would probably be Ulysses S. Grant, actually.

The Virgin Jackson vs the Chad Quincy

Rojava Free State wrote:You're black?

I have a feeling you'd only spare black people if genocidal aliens left humanity's fate in your hands...

Rojava Free State wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Rumors. John F. Kennedy stood for what is right.

John Kennedy was the Hillary Clinton of the early 1960s. He was a racist, a cheater, and all around one of the fakest motherfuckers in the city of Washington DC. He was the classic politician. His vice president was no better. I feel for Jackie, considering that her husband had to go and treat her like second class property, out there giving Marilyn Monroe the Kennedick.

Hilary? JFK was the 60s Bill Clinton. Suave, sexy and had all the ladies fall for him.

Rojava Free State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What, like gassing children?

John Kennedy was that guy who would write a book about civil rights while calling African nations boogey republics. If I was the head of an African country, I would have only called him long enough to tell him to kiss my ass.

Only search result I got from "JFK boogie republic" was from a totally-unbiased Real Clear Politics article.

Nuloerkun wrote:
Southern Lainne Oniordia wrote:Around 70 million people will ultimately agree that Trump is one of the best Presidents ever. The evidence is overwhelming in what he has done. Under his economic policies, the U.S. economy was the strongest it has been in all of this Board's lifetimes, and many more decades. Unemployment was virtually non-existent. This post will certainly bring the Trump haters to respond, but so be it. One of the absolute worst Presidents in our history was Barack Obama. No one but him would give billions of dollars to a communist dictatorship in Iran.

70 million may say he's the best, but probably more say he's the worst. I put him at 2nd worst, behind Andrew Jackson, who was almost as bad a leader as *oof*ing Hitler. Washington, on the other hand, was more sympathetic towards the natives, although the genocide began 100 years earlier.

A lot of the Founding Fathers were sympathetic, but ultimately hypocrites as well.

Obama isn't so controversial, with very few people putting him at an extreme point in the rankings. I also put him in the bottom half of the rankings, closer to 30th than the very bottom though. Also, Iran is not communist, it is a more antique-style Islamic monarchy.

Barry's major controversy at the start was that he's black, which was just an issue the [right wing] media fabricated (Trump's birtherism movement stemmed off of that).He started off well for me, until he got involved in the Trayvon Martin shooting, which was a major race-baited issue at the time. That's when I stopped supporting him.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:03 am

Ayytaly wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Compared to Jackson, every president treated the Indians well.

But sure, John Quincy Adams
https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/indian-policy-fraudulent-and-brutal-says-john-quincy-adams-Rv7toLuKtEKF7j6K6F9PVA
-Opposed the Indian Springs Treaty after it had been signed and wanted to reverse it
-Reversed the unfair treaty with the 1826 Treaty of Washington
-Refused to support Georgia’s aggressive pressure for Indian removal, arguing that removal should be voluntary
-Did his best to beat brutal mass murderer Andrew Jackson in the election and stop him from being president
-Called Indian abuse "among the heinous sins of this nation"

Since I'm not white that would probably be Ulysses S. Grant, actually.

The Virgin Jackson vs the Chad Quincy

I have a feeling you'd only spare black people if genocidal aliens left humanity's fate in your hands...

Rojava Free State wrote:
John Kennedy was the Hillary Clinton of the early 1960s. He was a racist, a cheater, and all around one of the fakest motherfuckers in the city of Washington DC. He was the classic politician. His vice president was no better. I feel for Jackie, considering that her husband had to go and treat her like second class property, out there giving Marilyn Monroe the Kennedick.

Hilary? JFK was the 60s Bill Clinton. Suave, sexy and had all the ladies fall for him.

Rojava Free State wrote:
John Kennedy was that guy who would write a book about civil rights while calling African nations boogey republics. If I was the head of an African country, I would have only called him long enough to tell him to kiss my ass.

Only search result I got from "JFK boogie republic" was from a totally-unbiased Real Clear Politics article.

Nuloerkun wrote:

A lot of the Founding Fathers were sympathetic, but ultimately hypocrites as well.

Barry's major controversy at the start was that he's black, which was just an issue the [right wing] media fabricated (Trump's birtherism movement stemmed off of that).He started off well for me, until he got involved in the Trayvon Martin shooting, which was a major race-baited issue at the time. That's when I stopped supporting him.

Honestly I think it's too soon to rate obama as well. And I agree I dont think he helped race relations in this country, (full disclosure: I voted against him twice).

One thing I did like about him I think he was very thoughtful about his place as president, and I dont think I have seen that in a president, Republican or Democrat in a very long while.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:07 am

Ayytaly wrote:

What's with the Engrish?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Astarey
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Astarey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:15 am

Solidly the top 3 US Presidents were Lenin, Stalin, and Mao. Barely even kidding.
This nation represents my (Henry Kissinger The Third) views to a T, except when it's not not not not not not not not not opposite day.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:16 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:

What's with the Engrish?

Among other things they drive on the wrong side of the road.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Astarey wrote:Solidly the top 3 US Presidents were Lenin, Stalin, and Mao. Barely even kidding.

You fool! Actually, maybe not, Lenin wasn't that bad, but you'll be shocked at this.

Mao resulted in enough deaths (120 million, almost equal to the entire population of the USA at that time!) that China's population decreased until 1975. Nothing can excuse someone responsible for this many deaths.

Stalin, while having a lower total death count (50 million), also has resulted in the Russian population declining until today.

For me, the worst were:
1. Jackson
2. Trump
3. Buchanan
4. Van Buren
5. Clinton

Obama was probably something like 12th from the bottom, the most recent Bush was probably somewhat higher but still below average. The elder Bush is between 7th and 10th from the bottom.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:
Astarey wrote:Solidly the top 3 US Presidents were Lenin, Stalin, and Mao. Barely even kidding.

You fool! Actually, maybe not, Lenin wasn't that bad, but you'll be shocked at this.

Mao resulted in enough deaths (120 million, almost equal to the entire population of the USA at that time!) that China's population decreased until 1975. Nothing can excuse someone responsible for this many deaths.

Stalin, while having a lower total death count (50 million), also has resulted in the Russian population declining until today.

For me, the worst were:
1. Jackson
2. Trump
3. Buchanan
4. Van Buren
5. Clinton

Obama was probably something like 12th from the bottom, the most recent Bush was probably somewhat higher but still below average. The elder Bush is between 7th and 10th from the bottom.

INCORRECT!

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... population

It literally took a google search to figure that out. Mao, safe to say, did not kill 120 million people.

Second one is also false:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... r_USSR.PNG

The population of the USSR did not decline until it dissolved, at least from 1950 onwards.

Also...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... viet_Union

Between 1920 and 1959, the population of the Soviet Union increased by approximately 60 million, meaning your claim is utter bullshit.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Are you a real grandchild of the well-known Henry Kissinger? It's sad how one who could have been a well above average president has such an evil family member... he will curse you out on his deathbed some day in the next few years...
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:

For me, the worst were:
1. Jackson
2. Trump
3. Buchanan
4. Van Buren
5. Clinton

INCORRECT!

It literally took a google search to figure that out. Mao, safe to say, did not kill 120 million people.

there is a thing called birth
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:INCORRECT!

there is a thing called birth

He said that the population of China decreased until 1975 due to it. It might be fallacious, but it is reasonable to rule out that Mao killed 120 million people.
Please Watch

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm

1. Lincoln
2. Washington
3. Jefferson

1. Buchanan
2. Harding
3. (Andrew) Johnson
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Yes, that's correct. There is still room for 120 million deaths from 1950 to 1975 in that chart...

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Agarntrop wrote:there is a thing called birth

He said that the population of China decreased until 1975 due to it. It might be fallacious, but it is reasonable to rule out that Mao killed 120 million people.

I heard the toll was more like 65 million
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:Yes, that's correct. There is still room for 120 million deaths from 1950 to 1975 in that chart...

But you stated that the population of China declined until 1975, when that is demonstrably false.
Please Watch

Nuloerkun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Also, how could you forget Andrew Jackson with his millions of deaths? That's just me being mindless...
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Morover wrote:
1. Lincoln
2. Washington
3. Jefferson

1. Buchanan
2. Harding
3. (Andrew) Johnson

Why do Americans like Washington so much? I mean, it confuses me. Nobody gives tributes to James I or Queen Anne, so to be frank, what is with the Washington love?

Also, I'm surprised Wilson isn't on more lists.
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General