NATION

PASSWORD

The 'Best' & 'Worst' U.S. Presidents In History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:16 am

Sundiata wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Ah yes. John Kennedy, the man who was a drug addict and an adulterer. What a great example of a catholic. He was a racist too by the way. Boogey republics and all.

Rumors. John F. Kennedy stood for what is right.

Tell that to marylin monroe
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:19 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Rumors. John F. Kennedy stood for what is right.

Well if we assume Marilyn Monroe is what is right...
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:24 am

Valrifell wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:Andrew Jackson was the 1800s version of Trump mixed with Hitler and Ron Paul. Not a good President in general, much less as a person. For a guy who is adored by neo-liberals and white supremacist, Jacko sure loved plunging the country into a deep recession.

It was in the name of shattering the influence if the big bank.

Killing unarmed native american women and children to own the bankers 8) 8)
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:29 am

Crockerland wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
It was in the name of shattering the influence if the big bank.

Killing unarmed native american women and children to own the bankers 8) 8)

1. Name me a president who treated the indians well in the antebellum period?

2. If you dont own property, you have jackson to thank for your right to vote.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Ah yes. John Kennedy, the man who was a drug addict and an adulterer. What a great example of a catholic. He was a racist too by the way. Boogey republics and all.

What, like gassing children?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

Excuse me?
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What, like gassing children?

Excuse me?

You heard me, fascist.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Killing unarmed native american women and children to own the bankers 8) 8)

1. Name me a president who treated the indians well in the antebellum period?

Compared to Jackson, every president treated the Indians well.

But sure, John Quincy Adams
https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/indian-policy-fraudulent-and-brutal-says-john-quincy-adams-Rv7toLuKtEKF7j6K6F9PVA
-Opposed the Indian Springs Treaty after it had been signed and wanted to reverse it
-Reversed the unfair treaty with the 1826 Treaty of Washington
-Refused to support Georgia’s aggressive pressure for Indian removal, arguing that removal should be voluntary
-Did his best to beat brutal mass murderer Andrew Jackson in the election and stop him from being president
-Called Indian abuse "among the heinous sins of this nation"

Ethel mermania wrote:2. If you dont own property, you have jackson to thank for your right to vote.

Since I'm not white that would probably be Ulysses S. Grant, actually.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Sundiata wrote:Excuse me?

You heard me, fascist.

Whoa that's a pretty big accusation.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

John Kennedy was the Hillary Clinton of the early 1960s. He was a racist, a cheater, and all around one of the fakest motherfuckers in the city of Washington DC. He was the classic politician. His vice president was no better. I feel for Jackie, considering that her husband had to go and treat her like second class property, out there giving Marilyn Monroe the Kennedick.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:1. Name me a president who treated the indians well in the antebellum period?

https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/indian-policy-fraudulent-and-brutal-says-john-quincy-adams-Rv7toLuKtEKF7j6K6F9PVA
-Opposed the Indian Springs Treaty after it had been signed and wanted to reverse it
-Refused to support Georgia’s aggressive pressure for Indian removal, arguing that removal should be voluntary
-Did his best to beat brutal mass murderer Andrew Jackson in the election and stop him from being president

Ethel mermania wrote:2. If you dont own property, you have jackson to thank for your right to vote.

You're black?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:25 pm

John Kennedy was that guy who would write a book about civil rights while calling African nations boogey republics. If I was the head of an African country, I would have only called him long enough to tell him to kiss my ass.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

And this is why when someone tells me they wanna go back to the 1950s or early 60s, I ask them if they're naive.

Every bad thing that is happening now (racism, drug abuse, suicide, domestic violence, teen pregnancy) happened then, but back then everybody was a fake piece of crap, and pretended that wasn't happening.

Kennedy did the same shit behind his wife's back that trump does, but nowadays trump openly talks about it while Kennedy had to pretend to be a good Irish catholic man (he was Irish but a good catholic man he was not).
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Compared to Jackson, every president treated the Indians well.

You're black?

No, I'm mixed race. I credit Ulysses Grant because he passed and supported the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which says "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude," extending voting rights to all Americans regardless of ethnicity... At least on paper.

The tactic after that became to deny people citizenship if they were the "wrong" race, as with the Chinese Exclusion Act and Elk v. Wilkins, or otherwise disenfranchise voters with workarounds like the poll taxes with the grandfather clause, and it wasn't until president Coolidge signed the Indian Citizenship Act and president LBJ signed the Voting Rights Act of 1965 that people truly had the right to vote no matter their race.

But I think if you have to attribute it to one president, the one who signed the 15th Amendment would probably be the best choice.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
You're black?

No, I'm mixed race. I credit Ulysses Grant because he passed and supported the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which says "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude," extending voting rights to all Americans regardless of ethnicity... At least on paper.

The tactic after that became to deny people citizenship if they were the "wrong" race, as with the Chinese Exclusion Act and Elk v. Wilkins, or otherwise disenfranchise voters with workarounds like the poll taxes with the grandfather clause, and it wasn't until president Coolidge signed the Indian Citizenship Act and president LBJ signed the Voting Rights Act of 1965 that people truly had the right to vote no matter their race.

But I think if you have to attribute it to one president, the one who signed the 15th Amendment would probably be the best choice.

Yeah the post civil war amendments gave citizenship to Europeans and Africans, but it wasn't till the 20th century that anyone could become a citizen regardless of national origin.

And man, the rights black Americans were owed as citizens sure weren't respected for another 100 years.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Tell that to marylin monroe

And this is why when someone tells me they wanna go back to the 1950s or early 60s, I ask them if they're naive.

Every bad thing that is happening now (racism, drug abuse, suicide, domestic violence, teen pregnancy) happened then, but back then everybody was a fake piece of crap, and pretended that wasn't happening.

Kennedy did the same shit behind his wife's back that trump does, but nowadays trump openly talks about it while Kennedy had to pretend to be a good Irish catholic man (he was Irish but a good catholic man he was not).

A lot of good things also started in the 50's the civil rights movement, mass market stores bring luxury goods to the lower middle class, advances in entertainment and medicine, like the polio vaccine.

An interesting book to read about the period and its effects afterwards is called the 50's by David halbastrand

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifties_(book)

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

A lot of good things also started in the 50's the civil rights movement, mass market stores bring luxury goods to the lower middle class, advances in entertainment and medicine, like the polio vaccine.

An interesting book to read about the period and its effects afterwards is called the 50's by David halbastrand

There's always some good happening in the world even in the bleakest of times. It's just the 50s were too conservative, too hypocritical and too fake for me to have survived in.

In some ways, living during the end times ain't quite so bad.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:1. Name me a president who treated the indians well in the antebellum period?

Adam's, ... that's fair. But he was the only one.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

They were no utopia at all but were a time of great progress.
The amount of advances in technology and science was massive. Compare an aircraft from 1950 with one from 1960. Of course this meant a newly developed fighter would be obsolete in a few years.
Modern computers and networked computers which would become the internet started then too
Space exploration as well.

And of course big advances in civil rights.

Actually someone from them would be disappointed to see our technology now, they thought by the 2000s we would have nuclear powered interplanetary spaceships and all based on the rate technology advanced. That because everything would be nuclear air pollution would be gone.

But sure trying to go back is neither possible nor desirable and there were a lot of problems.

Although being before the drug war and deindustrialization were benefits too.

But anyways it was of course a very flawed time in many ways but it does not deserve the hate it sometimes gets either. It is is easy to see why it has appeal, besides simple aesthetics. It had some very good and some very bad aspects.

But sure we cannot turn back time, and not would we want to.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Novus America wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A lot of good things also started in the 50's the civil rights movement, mass market stores bring luxury goods to the lower middle class, advances in entertainment and medicine, like the polio vaccine.

The amount of advances in technology and science was massive. Compare an aircraft from 1950 with one from 1960. Of course this meant a newly developed fighter would be obsolete in a few years.
Modern computers and networked computers which would become the internet started then too

Actually someone from them would be disappointed to see our technology now, they thought by the 2000s we would have nuclear powered interplanetary spaceships and all based on the rate technology advanced. That because everything would be nuclear air pollution would be gone.

But sure trying to go back is neither possible nor desirable and there were a lot of problems.

But anyways it was of course a very flawed time in many ways but it does not deserve the hate it sometimes gets either. It is is easy to see why it has appeal, besides simple aesthetics. It had some very good and some very bad aspects.

You can't go back to the past. You can only make the future bright.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Novus America wrote:

You can't go back to the past. You can only make the future bright.

Exactly. We can learn from the past, try to learn from what worked and what did not, but we cannot go back to the past, only build the future.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Aeritai wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You heard me, fascist.

Integralism is a form of fascism and he identifies as one. *shrug*
Please Watch

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Aeritai wrote:

A christian fascist?

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Aeritai wrote:

That's incorrect. Catholic Integralism is not fascism. I am strongly opposed to fascism.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Aeritai wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You heard me, fascist.

Our friend is just mistaken, it's fine.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General