NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 23, 2020 10:22 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
I have already provided a psychological document and a newspaper article stating that polyamorous relationships do not have a negative affect on children.

I'm not talking about children. I'm more concerned about the fact that widespread acceptance and legalization of these things would rip modern society apart and do little except provide an excellent recruitment pool for terrorists and political extremists.

ISIS was able to recruit so many men from around the world in part because they were promised to get at least one wife and had enslaved enough women to hold true to that promise.
Last edited by Nap the Magnificent on Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Diopolis wrote:
Your anecdotes don't beat out the very real research and history behind these things.

We do, by the way, actually know how that works on a societal level. They're not the greatest societies for anyone to actually live in.

wtf, that actual moment when diopolis exhibits a more socially progressive viewpoint than the actual social progressives
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Nap the Magnificent wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
All that matters is people love those they are with, not fighting for breeding rights.

That's a cute dream but not really grounded in that humans are still animals and still have the basic animal desire to spread ones genes further.

Again, I have friends who in in polyamorous relationships and are perfectly fine.
You're worried over nothing.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Celritannia wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: the article strong implies that he had the child before he was in a poly relationship lol

you said that they don't care about my opinion, and i said ok, but my opinion is the same as the law. and the law says that more than two people can't marry and as far as I know the authorities say that more than two people can't adopt a child. now i might be wrong about the last point but you're failing to show it

Polyamory is not a fucking marriage. How many more fucking times do I have to stress this?

And how exactly would that make it any better?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Valrifell wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
And what happens when people don't have someone to love?

They learn to love themselves <3

That's a fucking stupid answer.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Italios wrote:
Diopolis wrote:We do, by the way, actually know how that works on a societal level. They're not the greatest societies for anyone to actually live in.

wtf, that actual moment when diopolis exhibits a more socially progressive viewpoint than the actual social progressives

h o r s e s h o e
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:That's a cute dream but not really grounded in that humans are still animals and still have the basic animal desire to spread ones genes further.

Again, I have friends who in in polyamorous relationships and are perfectly fine.

You really rely on your anecdotes, don't you?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
They learn to love themselves <3

That's a fucking stupid answer.

You can tell because of the heart emoji
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

The New California Republic wrote:It's weird and creepy that it came out of nowhere for no apparent fucking reason, yes.

you lodged a report against diop earlier, and I just happened to bump into it

what did he do to you? why did you report him? did it bring you some kind of satisfaction that you got something over on someone else? or he made you seriously upset and you didn't want to post on austrian book site because of him?

what was it?

if you have a problem with him why don't you address him directly, as a man would, since you're apparently an adult and not a sixteen year old, rather than asking someone else to reprimand him for his words?
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:I'm not talking about children. I'm more concerned about the fact that widespread acceptance and legalization of these things would rip modern society apart and do little except provide an excellent recruitment pool for terrorists and political extremists.

I'll doubt it get anywhere popular beyond fringes even if theoretically legalized. (which I consider to be extremly unlikely to happen) Like lets get real here for a moment. Theres already a lot of weird christian cults who perform polygamy. It's not terribly popular by all metrics.

Ofc theres nations who have this. How many men have multible wives in lets say Saudi-Arabia?

My point... its more a debate about a fringe issue with a big hypothetical "IF"
Last edited by Nakena on Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:No, because the gap between the number of openly gay women and openly gay men isn't particularly large iirc so they largely cancel each other out. If, say, 30% of women were exclusively gay but only say 5% of men were exclusively gay, then yes we would have massive issues in society.

There are less polyamorous relationships than those women in lesbian relationships. It's quite minuscule in comparison.

Yes, that has been acknowledged but people, such as yourselves, want to normalize them which is what we have issues with.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

Celritannia wrote:
I have already provided a psychological document and a newspaper article stating that polyamorous relationships do not have a negative affect on children.

I'm not talking about children. I'm more concerned about the fact that widespread acceptance and legalization of these things would rip modern society apart and do little except provide an excellent recruitment pool for terrorists and political extremists.

Polyamory has never been illegal. Polygamy is though. The two are different.

How would that create terrorists?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:That's a cute dream but not really grounded in that humans are still animals and still have the basic animal desire to spread ones genes further.

the plural of anecdote is not data

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's weird and creepy that it came out of nowhere for no apparent fucking reason, yes.

you lodged a report against diop earlier, and I just happened to bump into it

what did he do to you? why did you report him? did it bring you some kind of satisfaction that you got something over on someone else? or he made you seriously upset and you didn't want to post on austrian book site because of him?

what was it?

if you have a problem with him why don't you address him directly, as a man would, rather than asking someone else to reprimand him for his words?

You're not a psychologist.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 am

Nap the Magnificent wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
There are less polyamorous relationships than those women in lesbian relationships. It's quite minuscule in comparison.

Yes, that has been acknowledged but people, such as yourselves, want to normalize them which is what we have issues with.

YEs of course. Why should it be strange? Again, it's a small minority that doesn't not affect the balance of society.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 am

Valrifell wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:you lodged a report against diop earlier, and I just happened to bump into it

what was it?

if you have a problem with him why don't you address him directly, as a man would, rather than asking someone else to reprimand him for his words?

You don't know that.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

the plural of anecdote is not data

I am not saying it is. But when you note that a minority of polyamorous relationships exist, and are stable, it does not damage society.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:Yes, that has been acknowledged but people, such as yourselves, want to normalize them which is what we have issues with.

YEs of course. Why should it be strange? Again, it's a small minority that doesn't not affect the balance of society.

It's a small minority because it's not normalized. If we normalize it, it will be a less small minority. That is bad.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

Valrifell wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:you lodged a report against diop earlier, and I just happened to bump into it

what was it?

thats why I was asking and not telling

now can you answer for him, or you just wanted to post something inane and intellectually helpless for the sake of it?
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

You really rely on your anecdotes, don't you?

And your worrying over nothing.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 10:27 am

Celritannia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote: the plural of anecdote is not data

I am not saying it is. But when you note that a minority of polyamorous relationships exist, and are stable, it does not damage society.

i mean, it's pretty concerning when that small minority of relationships is abusing newborns.

https://thepostmillennial.com/polyamoro ... sive-media
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 10:27 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
thats why I was asking and not telling

now can you answer for him, or you just wanted to post something inane and intellectually helpless for the sake of it?

The latter, obviously. Smh can people not read.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:27 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

It's a small minority because it's not normalized. If we normalize it, it will be a less small minority. That is bad.

I don't think it will. Not many people would would to be in a polyamorous relationship.
But for those that do, how does it damage society?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sat May 23, 2020 10:28 am

Celritannia wrote:

Polyamory has never been illegal. Polygamy is though. The two are different.

How would that create terrorists?

Because polygamy and such things only benefit those at the very top due to social preferences and such things. You're not gonna be the one getting tons of chicks, the millionaire will be. We already have tons of examples of lonely young men who are deprived of things like affection or a real place in society acting against that society, this would just increase that tenfold.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 23, 2020 10:28 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:Yes, that has been acknowledged but people, such as yourselves, want to normalize them which is what we have issues with.

It's a small minority because it was stigmatized by cultures that held to monogamy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General