NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Yes, because the largest country in Africa who's basically sitting on a resource gold mine couldn't rise up to being a major economic power on the continent.

1. Which doesnt means nothing if 90% of their population lives on a level literally close to the stone age or barely above it. Illiterate. With really a few people left. Also most Copper mines were in Katanga run by belgian experts and companies. Which were outside of the reach of Lumumba who was residing in Leopoldville where the population was partially hostile to him.

New haven america wrote:2. And Congo's government at the time was focusing mainly on education and economic growth.

2. Congo had no government back then. It had Lumumba trying to save his ass and get his gig running with increasingly risky and borderline insane political tricks. Most members of the parliament were tribal chiefs who couldn even read and write and didn understood much of modern politics nor what they were even doing there.

New haven america wrote:3. Well then it's a good thing I wasn't talking about Lumumba.

Kay

New haven america wrote:4. I could ask you the same thing with the amount of assumptions you've made~

3. I am on 100% secure terrain here.

I have the books right here and countless internet articles, essays and what not all will support what I wrote. I dont even need to look them up.

We're done here.

1. The same thing could've been said about Botswana or Nigeria 30 years ago. It's almost as if economic progress is something that can actually happen anywhere in the world if you can find a niche or get your shit together.
2. Except it did, because it also had a lot of educated elite of the nation taking over once the Europeans left.
3. Then why have most of your points been made off of assumptions to things I didn't say or mention and why are you running off so quickly? Like, nothing I've said has really contradicted anything you've said up until this very post, so what's the problem?
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Italios wrote:
Nakena wrote:Thoughts on Tucker Carlson?

Dear God, i can't even begin to describe my distaste for the all the cool contrarian political dissenters who think he's their ally or someone who speaks for them - left or right.

tucker likes to stir shit and then when the shit actually hits the fan, he reverts back to status quo-enforced racial boomer politics because he's also a multimillionaire and at the end of the day, if we actually thought about class, his head would end up on a pike.

edit: i see i was late to convo and most people see through the fake woke facade, which is a warm surprise

I believe he's a rising star amongst the american mainstream GOP/right-wing scene and will grow in importance. Whether one likes him or not, he is going to be a force to be reckoned wth.

I could imagine him as post-trumpian populist presidential candidate or something like that.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Best person on television. Tucker 2020
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Italios wrote:

Dear God, i can't even begin to describe my distaste for the all the cool contrarian political dissenters who think he's their ally or someone who speaks for them - left or right.

tucker likes to stir shit and then when the shit actually hits the fan, he reverts back to status quo-enforced racial boomer politics because he's also a multimillionaire and at the end of the day, if we actually thought about class, his head would end up on a pike.

edit: i see i was late to convo and most people see through the fake woke facade, which is a warm surprise

Tucker is pretty woke on class
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Italios wrote:Dear God, i can't even begin to describe my distaste for the all the cool contrarian political dissenters who think he's their ally or someone who speaks for them - left or right.

When he chooses to be.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Italios wrote:Dear God, i can't even begin to describe my distaste for the all the cool contrarian political dissenters who think he's their ally or someone who speaks for them - left or right.

oof, there goes the streak
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:48 pm

New haven america wrote:1. The same thing could've been said about Botswana or Nigeria 30 years ago. It's almost as if economic progress is something that can actually happen anywhere in the world if you can find a niche or get your shit together.

No because....

New haven america wrote:2. Except it did, because it also had a lot of educated elite of the nation taking over once the Europeans left.

Thats exactly what Congo didn had.

In fact that was their biggest problem to begin with. The belgiums kept their underlings on a very low level.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:

He had exactly one good quote. He has hundreds of awful ones.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. The same thing could've been said about Botswana or Nigeria 30 years ago. It's almost as if economic progress is something that can actually happen anywhere in the world if you can find a niche or get your shit together.

No because....

New haven america wrote:2. Except it did, because it also had a lot of educated elite of the nation taking over once the Europeans left.

In fact that was their biggest problem to begin with. The belgiums kept their underlings on a very low level.

Again, same thing can be said for Nigeria, or Botswana, or most sub-Saharan African countries.

Oh wait, except some of them are actually advancing and getting their shit together.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
Nakena wrote:
No because....

Again, same thing can be said for Nigeria, or Botswana, or most sub-Saharan African countries.

Oh wait, except some of them are actually advancing and getting their shit together.

No. Nigeria and Botswana had at least a small and somewhat advanced elite.

Nothing special mind you.

Congo had nothing. Nada.

Just a few lucky chaps who got, by 1954, send into the hastly, and way too late build Lovanium University in Leopoldville. It even had, funnily enough, a nuclear reactor sponsored by the USA.

But that came all too late. When Congo was released into independence, they were absolutly unprepared. Way more than almost any other african countries. The belgiums had kept the congolese at a total uneducated, primitive level. Something to this extend unknown in the rest of Africa.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:07 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
There won't be an "after Trump" for a while, is the problem. He won't simply relinquish control over the movement he's created for himself, it's not in his personality or in the general style of such figures to do so. But if this movement wants broader electoral appeal, it has to drop him. As such, they are cornered before they can get off the ground, and will be forced to limit themselves to the styling of Trump and his direct supporters.

Would not be surprised if Trump runs in '24

Assuming he's still alive

Well, in that case I hope there would be a better Republican candidate who could defeat him in the primaries.

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:10 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:You would be mistaken to worship Mary, we are to worship God.

However, there's no better way to get to Christ than through his mother. Ask her to pray for you, compliment her, give her your time. She needs our attention, especially because she experienced such great sorrow in her life. After all, she saw her only son tortured to death for all of our sake. Love her dearly, and in turn love all women the same.

The political implications of Marian devotion are programs like paid-maternity leave, child tax-credits, etc.

So where supposed to support Mary by worshiping her?

Even though we shouldn't worship her?

Of course worshipping Mary as a goddess would be idolatrous. But she still should be respected as a saint who God chose for a great purpose.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
New haven america wrote:So where supposed to support Mary by worshiping her?

Even though we shouldn't worship her?

Of course worshipping Mary as a goddess would be idolatrous. But she still should be respected as a saint who God chose for a great purpose.

She's a special saint, not like the others.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:26 pm

Salus Maior wrote:Because you're incredibly ignorant on the subject.

Sorry hadn seen this earlier.

I we want to talk about terms, you're familiar with the term "People of the Book"?

Because that is the islamic term for this.

Altough it includes a few more religions so I dont use it. And as for ignorance, do I have to remind you at your statement regarding islam? Glasshouses and stones... so lets leave it at that.

Besides I have studied them all to varying extends. I do not deny that theres vast theological differences, histories etc. All given. But and, thats my point, from the outsider perspective it looks kinda similar in one central and crucial aspect: Namely the supposed subjection of the tribe and later all humanity under the God Jehova/Jaweh/Allah whatever and the incorporation of at least partially shared lore. Also Abrahams sons later foremed their own tribes which were the origin of the jews and the arabs. (which makes the conflict in Israel sort of a tribal inheritance dispute...)

Ofc from an insider perspective, such as yours, that looks different. Because you are inside, you see the differences, perceive them, they are very big. I am not denying that.

For me the picture shows different. And thats because I am indeed outside to the whole belief system that is the normative standard in western discourse. Even amongst many atheists, are unwittingly deeply in it. A lot revert to christianity or some other form of related belief as this is their underlaying religious belief system. Which you often mentioned in context of christian and catholic renegades and heretics, and you also noted correctly that I do not belong to those.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 pm

Nakena wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:Because you're incredibly ignorant on the subject.

I we want to talk about terms, you're familiar with the term "People of the Book"?

Altough it includes a few more religions so I dont use it. And as for ignorance, do I have to remind you at your statement regarding islam? Glasshouses and stones... so lets leave it at that.

Besides I have studied them all to varying extends. I do not deny that theres vast theological differences, histories etc. All given. But and, thats my point, from the outsider perspective it looks kinda similar in one central and crucial aspect: Namely the supposed subjection of the tribe and later all humanity under the God Jehova/Jaweh/Allah whatever and the incorporation of at least partially shared lore. Also Abrahams sons later foremed their own tribes which were the origin of the jews and the arabs. (which makes the conflict in Israel sort of a tribal inheritance dispute...)

Ofc from an insider perspective, such as yours, that looks different. Because you are inside, you see the differences, perceive them, they are very big. I am not denying that.

For me the picture shows different. And thats because I am indeed outside to the whole belief system that is the normative standard in western discourse. Even amongst many atheists, are unwittingly deeply in it. A lot revert to christianity or some other form of related belief as this is their underlaying religious belief system. Which you often mentioned in context of christian and catholic renegades and heretics, and you also noted correctly that I do not belong to those.

So you know your picture is wrong, but you decide to persist with it.

Figures.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Nakena wrote:

So you know your picture is wrong, but you decide to persist with it.

Figures.

I just explained you basically thousend years of religious and tribal drama from the middle east.

Because this is what it really it is about.

All related to each other. All coming from the same source. And of course it did, at some point, part its way. And interact later. Its not like they were entirely separated or so.

But it doesnt changes that it is at it's origins and it's core ultimatively a tribal middle eastern religious, monotheist belief system. Or rather a group therof with shared characteristics and a partially shared lore.

That system is abrahamism. It is not monolithic. It's heterogenous. As one could expect after so much time.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

oof, there goes the streak

whut
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:oof, there goes the streak

whut

you tuckposted unironically

you broke the streak
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Considering the afromentioned tribal inheritance drama its quite worth of nothing how some involved parties keep attempting to drag the west and the US into it... ^^

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 pm

The Yahwists should return to their polytheistic roots, Yahweh and Asherah not Jesus and Mary okay : ^ )
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:The Yahwists should return to their polytheistic roots, Yahweh and Asherah not Jesus and Mary okay : ^ )

Gideon had the right idea when it came to Asherah.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:32 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:The Yahwists should return to their polytheistic roots, Yahweh and Asherah not Jesus and Mary okay : ^ )

I must admit I'm not familiar, got a link or anything by chance? I'm not doing a whole ton tonight so I wouldn't mind something to read.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 pm

Nakena wrote:I just explained you basically thousend years of religious and tribal drama from the middle east.

Because this is what it really it is about.

All related to each other. All coming from the same source. And of course it did, at some point, part its way. And interact later. Its not like they were entirely separated or so.

But it doesnt changes that it is at it's origins and it's core ultimatively a tribal middle eastern religious, monotheist belief system. Or rather a group therof with shared characteristics and a partially shared lore.

That system is abrahamism. It is not monolithic. It's heterogenous. As one could expect after so much time.

And that is another over-simplification, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence as to what "extent" you've read into it.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

I must admit I'm not familiar, got a link or anything by chance? I'm not doing a whole ton tonight so I wouldn't mind something to read.

It's in the Bible. The story of the Judge Gideon.

In short, he cut down Asherah poles and destroyed altars of Baal.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Chris Cuomo is definitely a cokehead.

It takes one to know one.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General