NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:or you could worship the creator of the universe but ok

Not to worry, that is where my worship goes.
Joohan wrote:
Trump was just the beginning. His arrival has marked a new era in Republican politics, and in the future I predict that more sophisticated generations of nationalists will rise to the occasion. Especially so, if the current given global economic system is bound for collapse ( as I believe it is )

Who will carry the populist torch after Trump? The establishment hates him for his failures, and they have far greater power in setting the party's agenda.

I don't know who will come after him, but I have no doubt that people will populate the newly opened possibilities. Your average Republican disagrees with the establishment of the GOP on most issues ( immigration, free trade, social liberalism, etc. ), but until Trump it was unthinkable about challenging their narrative. Now that men like Romney and Ryan have been turned into jokes, it has shown a lot of future leaders that there does in fact exist a future for patriots in politics that doesn't revolve around sucking up to Reagens ghost or getting a hard on over free trade deals with China.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
The Nationalists' drew the short end of the stick when they drew Trump as their new figurehead. Win or lose, such a divisive and controversial figure who is likely to be emulated in future embodiments of the movement is not likely to draw in very much positive attention from a lot of voters. Had they gotten a more competent or charismatic figurehead I'd be more bullish on their chances, but as it stands it looks to me as though their influence is fleeting, give it a decade or so I say.

That is my assessment as well. Trump is actually quite charismatic though (he didn't get a devoted fanbase for nothing).

But he fails to win over detractors in a similar way Reagan managed to.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Cekoviu wrote:lavishly slathering praise upon women in general and hornyposting for a woman who was alive 2000 years ago to the degree that you do is not "helping women grow in their faith." it's absolutely simping and it borders on the idolatrous

If you only saw her; you'd love her too. I harbor no lust for Our Lady as that would be sinful. I do, however, hold her in great esteem. All women have the capacity to follow her example of devotion to the Lord, as they are blessed in turn. If you came to see who she was, you would come to love all women too.

Think of the political and everyday implications of this.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:lavishly slathering praise upon women in general and hornyposting for a woman who was alive 2000 years ago to the degree that you do is not "helping women grow in their faith." it's absolutely simping and it borders on the idolatrous

If you only saw her; you'd love her too. I harbor no lust for Our Lady as that would be sinful. I do, however, hold her in great esteem. All women have the capacity to follow her example of devotion to the Lord, as they are blessed in turn. If you came to see who she was, you would come to love all women too.

what i'm hearing is that if i start worshiping mary, i'll turn into a panlesbian
right?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Cekoviu wrote:what i'm hearing is that if i start worshiping mary, i'll turn into a panlesbian
right?

Why is all love erotic to you? Are you horny for dad or something?

edit: I assume you love your father
Last edited by Jack Thomas Lang on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 pm

The Republicans have abandoned Catholics in the economic dimensions of our lives, while the Democrats have abandoned Catholics within the social dimension of our lives.

An effective synthesis could potentially establish what St. Augustine referred to as The City of God.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Sundiata wrote:If you only saw her; you'd love her too. I harbor no lust for Our Lady as that would be sinful. I do, however, hold her in great esteem. All women have the capacity to follow her example of devotion to the Lord, as they are blessed in turn. If you came to see who she was, you would come to love all women too.

what i'm hearing is that if i start worshiping mary, i'll turn into a panlesbian
right?

Not everything is sexual, Cekoviu.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Not to worry, that is where my worship goes.

Who will carry the populist torch after Trump? The establishment hates him for his failures, and they have far greater power in setting the party's agenda.

There won't be an "after Trump" for a while, is the problem. He won't simply relinquish control over the movement he's created for himself, it's not in his personality or in the general style of such figures to do so. But if this movement wants broader electoral appeal, it has to drop him. As such, they are cornered before they can get off the ground, and will be forced to limit themselves to the styling of Trump and his direct supporters.

Would not be surprised if Trump runs in '24

Assuming he's still alive
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Sundiata wrote:The Republicans have abandoned Catholics in the economic dimensions of our lives, while the Democrats have abandoned Catholics within the social dimension of our lives.

An effective synthesis could potentially establish what St. Augustine referred to as The City of God.

Meanwhile both parties have abandoned the economic and social dimensions of regular working-class Americans, and a party synthesis would not reasonably help in any way.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Sundiata wrote:The Republicans have abandoned Catholics in the economic dimensions of our lives, while the Democrats have abandoned Catholics within the social dimension of our lives.

Nah, Separation of Church of State needs to be further emphasized in the coming years.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 pm

There is not much of an audience for a synthesis in America.
Cisairse wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
There won't be an "after Trump" for a while, is the problem. He won't simply relinquish control over the movement he's created for himself, it's not in his personality or in the general style of such figures to do so. But if this movement wants broader electoral appeal, it has to drop him. As such, they are cornered before they can get off the ground, and will be forced to limit themselves to the styling of Trump and his direct supporters.

Would not be surprised if Trump runs in '24
Assuming he's still alive

By 2024 his health will be in bad shape.
Last edited by Northern Davincia on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Not to worry, that is where my worship goes.

Ben Shapiro 2024 gang
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
Global capitalism is cancerous. I just want a loving stable community where I can be left alone and leave my door unlocked when I go out. I hate urban life and I hate capitalism, I even hate banking. But I do it for the money.

odd that you want a loving stable community but also want to be left alone -- urban life has fewer people, but is much more isolating than life in a fulfilling community
anyway, i agree that global capitalism is bad, but the solution is not protectionist capitalism lmao

I meant be left alone with my community. Not me literally being on my own.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:44 pm

New haven america wrote:

Nah, Separation of Church of State needs to be further emphasized in the coming years.

I will endorse Ken Ham for president despite his ineligibility.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Imperium Romanum Sanctis wrote:
Italios wrote:I mean you're not gonna get a lot of sympathy for me on the imperialism point. but the tory party is notoriously amazing at wrecking its own people.

The British Conservative Party is paradoxical in so many ways it almost defies belief.

The self-proclaimed party of Empire was also the leading proponent of decolonization. They gave independence to Ireland, gutted British industry, have been milquetoast in their response to Scottish separatism and fought tooth and nail to prevent Britain from leaving the EU.

For a so-called "conservative" party, they don't seem very interested in conserving anything.

The Conservative Party is the party that has consistently supported the Monarchy, the House of Lords, and the Church of England. I don't see why you think imperialism was so great. I mean, maybe the British Empire wasn't as bad as modern Leftists say it was, but I still think that replacing it with the Commonwealth was a step in the right direction. And even assuming that leaving the EU will have a positive effect on Britain's internal politics, it doesn't exactly seem to be strengthening their position on the world stage.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:what i'm hearing is that if i start worshiping mary, i'll turn into a panlesbian
right?

Not everything is sexual, Cekoviu.

it's a joke my man

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Thoughts on Tucker Carlson?

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Nakena wrote:Thoughts on Tucker Carlson?

I don't know much about him, but the clips I've seen of his show are interesting. Can't say I agree with all of it, especially the attempts to paint republicans in a good light. I like him better when he savages both parties.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:48 pm

corporate hack

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Imperium Romanum Sanctis wrote:
The British Conservative Party is paradoxical in so many ways it almost defies belief.

The self-proclaimed party of Empire was also the leading proponent of decolonization. They gave independence to Ireland, gutted British industry, have been milquetoast in their response to Scottish separatism and fought tooth and nail to prevent Britain from leaving the EU.

For a so-called "conservative" party, they don't seem very interested in conserving anything.

The Conservative Party is the party that has consistently supported the Monarchy, the House of Lords, and the Church of England. I don't see why you think imperialism was so great. I mean, maybe the British Empire wasn't as bad as modern Leftists say it was, but I still think that replacing it with the Commonwealth was a step in the right direction. And even assuming that leaving the EU will have a positive effect on Britain's internal politics, it doesn't exactly seem to be strengthening their position on the world stage.

Decolonization was done too quickly, giving way to dictators and insanely corrupt politicians.

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
That's just so untrue, you just want the power to insult people until they get fed up and leave the site.

No, I just want to call someone a dipshit when they're acting like one. And if being called a dipshit is enough to make someone leave the site, then that would also improve content quality.

Being irritated by petty, childish, sophomoric insults like a normal human being somehow implies that a person would be a bad poster?

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Cisairse wrote:

corporate hack

That's my job. :mad:

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Sundiata wrote:If you only saw her; you'd love her too. I harbor no lust for Our Lady as that would be sinful. I do, however, hold her in great esteem. All women have the capacity to follow her example of devotion to the Lord, as they are blessed in turn. If you came to see who she was, you would come to love all women too.

right?

You would be mistaken to worship Mary, we are to worship God.

However, there's no better way to get to Christ than through his mother. Ask her to pray for you, compliment her, give her your time. She needs our attention, especially because she experienced such great sorrow in her life. After all, she saw her only son tortured to death for all of our sake. Love her dearly, and in turn love all women the same.

The political implications of Marian devotion are programs like paid-maternity leave, child tax-credits, etc.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:51 pm

warm and bad

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:

I don't know much about him, but the clips I've seen of his show are interesting. Can't say I agree with all of it, especially the attempts to paint republicans in a good light. I like him better when he savages both parties.

He's essentially a commentator who follows the money trail. He started out as your standard milquetoast liberal before his show got canned and he was moved to another network, then suddenly he was this antiwoke liberal-hating fellow and shifted more and more right as it became financially convenient to do so. His writers, I'm sure, come up with his takes for him.

He's a millionaire who talks about how millionaires and "the elite" suck while also being bankrolled by billionaires.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General