NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Fahran wrote:Does the UK even have a police brutality problem? Why are they vandalizing statues of Churchill and war memorials over a government abuse that occurred in the US when they could focus on slavers and showing solidarity?

Some people just want to start trouble. The UK doesn't have the problem that the U.S. has; they just have some anti-Western rioters who think the whole west is "racist."
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Fahran wrote:Does the UK even have a police brutality problem? Why are they vandalizing statues of Churchill and war memorials over a government abuse that occurred in the US when they could focus on slavers and showing solidarity?

Because they're anarchist trash.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:20 pm

So, update on my thoughts on The Pacific.

Might be strange to say, but this is definitely a lot heavier than Band of Brothers. Like holy crap.

It gets real with the war crimes on civilians.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Because dumb
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

The Archbishopric of York
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archbishopric of York » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 pm

It's just a symptom of the vice-like cultural hegemony that the United States has us in. Large numbers of British people have sort of forgotten that they're not actually American. The US has tremendous influence on both the left and the right of British politics, inevitably for the worse.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:25 am

Extreme hot take: I see no problem in the massive rape of people by a minority group with cultural backgrounds that include alarming rates of incest (among other fun things) if your police forces are too cowardly to stop it because of the supposed power of accusations of racism.
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:27 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naz_Shah# ... ary_career

In August 2017, Shah retweeted and liked a tweet from a 'parody' account claiming to belong to Labour member Owen Jones that read: "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity".[35] After realising the account was not Jones' and re-reading the tweet, Shah deleted the retweet and unliked the original tweet. A spokesperson said: "This was a genuine accident eight days ago that was rectified within minutes."[36][37] Shah also pointed to her record on challenging abuse.[35] In April 2018, following Winnie Madikizela-Mandela's death, Shah paid tribute by tweeting an image incorporating Mandela's quote: "Together, hand in hand, with our matches and our necklaces, we shall liberate this country."[38] She later deleted the tweet.[39][38]

Regardless of admitting fault, it makes one wonder at the fact that even if this had been a legitimate account her brain processed it as something worth liking.
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:34 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:

It's just a symptom of the vice-like cultural hegemony that the United States has us in. Large numbers of British people have sort of forgotten that they're not actually American. The US has tremendous influence on both the left and the right of British politics, inevitably for the worse.

Honestly American hegemony over Europe was a mistake. We should have just let Europeans bleed themselves dry. As the old saying goes "Why die for Danzig?".

The Archbishopric of York
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archbishopric of York » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:34 am

It's interesting how, whenever a British person criticises America in any way, shape or form nowadays, American right-wingers tend to suddenly bring up Rotherham. It's like a modern American version of "and you're lynching negroes!"

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 am

Fahran wrote:Why are they vandalizing statues of Churchill and war memorials over a government abuse that occurred in the US when they could focus on slavers and showing solidarity?

BLM activists in Britain are US annexationists.

They want Britain to be annexed by the Correct Element of the United States, which they think has Universal Moral Authority. Maybe Britain's colonial history has something in relation to this, but only to provide a local context for Universal Moral Authority.

This is true also in France, Sweden, India, Hong Kong etc. The Correct Element of the United States commands the actual loyalty of millions of fifth columnists across every country in the world.

But of course some people just want to cause criminal damage. Those people aren't dangerous in normal times. The fifth column which is loyal to Universal Moral Authority is ultra-dangerous in all times and should be suppressed with force.
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:It's interesting how, whenever a British person criticises America in any way, shape or form nowadays, American right-wingers tend to suddenly bring up Rotherham. It's like a modern American version of "and you're lynching negroes!"

People love to do that, regardless of where they come from. It's just that America seems to (rightly) receive most of the criticism. This makes people - especially on the political right - defensive.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:41 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:It's interesting how, whenever a British person criticises America in any way, shape or form nowadays, American right-wingers tend to suddenly bring up Rotherham. It's like a modern American version of "and you're lynching negroes!"

The Soviet fallacy was strategically employed to counter accusations of human rights abuses on their behalf. "Comrade, there is no secret biological weapons facility testing on the proletariat of central Asia, just focus on the U.S firehosing Negros, and be a good party member". I don't personally care for the ordeal in Rotherham, but in the same vein, I don't like U.S involvement in Europe. We should have stayed out of that continent, and allowed Hitler, and the Soviets to endsieg it in a violent conflict, and picked up the pieces afterward through aid, democratization programs, and economic uplifting following the inevitable collapse of both regimes.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 am

Honestly, we should have used our intelligence programs to fifth column the ruined countries of western Europe into smaller more manageable pieces. Cannot fight over Danzig when Berlin and Bavaria aren't even in the same country.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 am

Benuty wrote:Honestly, we should have used our intelligence programs to fifth column the ruined countries of western Europe into smaller more manageable pieces. Cannot fight over Danzig when Berlin and Bavaria aren't even in the same country.
You didn't have intelligence programs prior to WWII

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:47 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Benuty wrote:Honestly, we should have used our intelligence programs to fifth column the ruined countries of western Europe into smaller more manageable pieces. Cannot fight over Danzig when Berlin and Bavaria aren't even in the same country.
You didn't have intelligence programs prior to WWII

J Edgar Hoover jumped at any chance to contain communism regardless of national sovereignty or personal rights so I have to disagree with you here. Just because our country didn't have agencies exclusively focus on the old world doesn't mean we didn't have our eye on them.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:50 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of ... ces#Origin

The assets and intelligence were there, but the direction wasn't, and had Hoover had his way the military would have officially handled intelligence, and thus the CIA as it would become wouldn't have been formed by Truman.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:58 am

The US didn't have an intelligence agency or network.

It had codebreakers, mostly naval, and it had domestic counterintelligence.

You do not just click your fingers and create an intelligence agency.

As you can see from the link you sent me (which Im not sure you read), OSS was built by the British, who had long experience in espionage, infiltration and other activities of an intelligence agency.

I would love to see J Edgar Hoover's FBI try to use subversion to force a European country to split apart :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:The US didn't have an intelligence agency or network.

As you can see from the link you sent me (which Im not sure you read), OSS was built by the British, who had long experience in espionage, infiltration and other activities of an intelligence agency.

I would love to see J Edgar Hoover's FBI try to use subversion to force a European country to split apart :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would have preferred to see LeMay's air force use napalm to do it but here we are

talk about letting a crisis go to waste
Last edited by Senkaku on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:07 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:The US didn't have an intelligence agency or network.

The relevant text was explicitly in regards to the fact intelligence-gathering pre-OSS wasn't an enigma to the United States. The fact is that Europeans aren't to be trusted since at least two of the major powers are degenerate savages who seemed to be at their best either ruled by autocrats, demagogues, or just sheer lucky governments. The United States shouldn't have gotten involved in either world wars and stayed explicitly neutral not just handing the Brits leased materials through subterfuge in the first, and morally gray legislation in the second. The third power actively used positive [does not mean good] antisemitism (rich jews work in the cabinet) to rile up support in Wilson's Cabinet (The Balfour Declaration) in WW1.

The primary question is, do France, and Germany deserve nationhood? I don't think so.
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:10 am

Benuty wrote:The United States shouldn't have gotten involved in either world wars and stayed explicitly neutral not just handing the Brits leased materials through subterfuge in the first, and morally gray legislation in the second.

yeah waiting for the nazis to eventually glass us would've been a real slick plan lol

should've just left them under occupation and split them up into a few new states in the union, as we should've also done with Mexico
The primary question is, do France, and Germany deserve nationhood? I don't think so.

well at least you got one thing right
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:15 am

Senkaku wrote:
Benuty wrote:The United States shouldn't have gotten involved in either world wars and stayed explicitly neutral not just handing the Brits leased materials through subterfuge in the first, and morally gray legislation in the second.

yeah waiting for the nazis to eventually glass us would've been a real slick plan lol

should've just left them under occupation and split them up into a few new states in the union, as we should've also done with Mexico

well at least you got one thing right

If the Germans had managed to defeat their ideological cancer of an opponent out east then perhaps we might have had to worry. To be quite clear both were cancer, but even in a scenario of Germans somehow bitter peacing out the west (not exactly in their favor) they still had to handle the sheer nightmare their invasion of the Soviet Union turned into. The war no doubt would have gone into the late 1940s, but it also would have forced the Soviets into a much longer recovery period if they didn't collapse that is.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:43 am

Benuty wrote:[The primary question is, do France, and Germany deserve nationhood? I don't think so.

Imagine going through history and deciding what countries "deserve" nationhood

Progressives ! :roll:

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:47 am

Benuty wrote:[The primary question is, do France, and Germany deserve nationhood? I don't think so.

Yeah, progressives are so absurd. No countries deserve nationhood.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 am

Cekoviu wrote:

Yeah, progressives are so absurd. No countries deserve nationhood.
That's more legitimate than "the ones I like should have an abstract concept developed through historical context and the ones I dont like shouldnt!"

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:56 am

The French and German people daily express their nationhood by speaking French and German, living in France and Germany with other French and Germans, consuming French and German media and culture and electing Frenchmen and Germans to serve as their representatives. All that nationhood needs to exist is its expression by the people who constitute the nation, not an abstract sense of ought-justice about history. "You don't deserve to have a country cos of what happened in the history" is an insane, childlike, morally illiterate position that could only be found in the worst corners of the internet, like minion boomer memes and austrian book site.

And anyway France has nuclear weapons and could turn America into dust. So whether they in particular deserve nationhood is immaterial. They have it and no amount of crying about American exceptionalism will get rid of it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General