NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

The New California Republic wrote:Oh and the site is owned by an Aussie, not an Austrian.
this is a sincere, non-trolling, honest question - do you have autism/are on the aspergers spectrum?
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

Cekoviu wrote:I fell asleep and missed a lot of the last five pages, but I'll try to go back and respond to some of the posts that are more in need of a response
Loben The 2nd wrote:
>subconscious sexism

What’s next? Am i a bigot subconsciously by calling a spade a spade?

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm not a fan of Questers, but I see no obvious sexism in that.

Congratulations on not being women & not being perceptive
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: I doubt you're doing anything more important than reading my posts :blush:

Well, not right now, but once I get a new computer fan, I'm going to be doing some maintenance work on my desktop computer and that's more important than this
Still: I wasn't actually going to reply to this but I ended up drinking whilst cooking, so:

-snop-

The issue isn't just you calling her a bitch, as you seem to have assumed (that's iffy and possibly sexist, but I don't know enough about the situation to really say that definitively). What I'm picking up on is the fact that you have decided, against the conclusion of the person who was actually affected and more familiar with the situation, that she was not discriminated against, but simply disrespected for being vaguely "a bitch." One must wonder whether you would interpret her personality as such were she a man, as well as whether you would be so skeptical of her account.
Also, "sexist" is not a weak pejorative; that's utterly ridiculous. There's a very clear meaning for it in use and it is rarely misapplied in the same manner as "fascist." You can't argue that a word doesn't have meaning simply because you're mad that it's been used for you.
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:Polyamory is a made-up word invented by a neopagan priestess. Polygamy is the word for it and always has been. Polygamy is the word for it in zoology and as far as I’m concerned that’s all that matters.

And women who have developing fetuses in their uteri should be referred to as "gravid," as this is the term used in entomology!
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
it's weird and creepy to quote you in order to directly tell you not to do something?

but five men and women adopting a child is cool?

zoomers have fucked up values

he's not a zoomer lmao
but yes

No, congrats that you managed to get offended over something minor after looking hard for something to be offended over.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: right, so you think your job is to make everyone work within the "site rules?"

Not at all, it's just an aside if I notice it while discussing other things or browsing.

165 threads. christ, at least the jannies get ’’’rewarded’’’ in the form of people pretending to leave them virtual food.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

Italios wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
If you feel that way then you, frankly, have no taste. The ideological discussion threads are the worst threads I lurk in and occasionally post.

then get the fuck out of this thread if you think the entire community here that bad. all of us have issues with certain individuals who frequent the lwdt and rowdy, but we know that at least on this forum, it's basically the only way to have an open-endted political discussion that won't guarantee a warning for threadjacking. if you genuinely think these threads are so God awful, then go. no one is making you post here.

Correct. But nobody is making me leave, either, so.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I fell asleep and missed a lot of the last five pages, but I'll try to go back and respond to some of the posts that are more in need of a response

Congratulations on not being women & not being perceptive

Well, not right now, but once I get a new computer fan, I'm going to be doing some maintenance work on my desktop computer and that's more important than this

The issue isn't just you calling her a bitch, as you seem to have assumed (that's iffy and possibly sexist, but I don't know enough about the situation to really say that definitively). What I'm picking up on is the fact that you have decided, against the conclusion of the person who was actually affected and more familiar with the situation, that she was not discriminated against, but simply disrespected for being vaguely "a bitch." One must wonder whether you would interpret her personality as such were she a man, as well as whether you would be so skeptical of her account.
Also, "sexist" is not a weak pejorative; that's utterly ridiculous. There's a very clear meaning for it in use and it is rarely misapplied in the same manner as "fascist." You can't argue that a word doesn't have meaning simply because you're mad that it's been used for you.

And women who have developing fetuses in their uteri should be referred to as "gravid," as this is the term used in entomology!

he's not a zoomer lmao
but yes

No, congrats that you managed to get offended over something minor after looking hard for something to be offended over.

ok, come back when you have something substantive to add
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am

Valrifell wrote:
Italios wrote:then get the fuck out of this thread if you think the entire community here that bad. all of us have issues with certain individuals who frequent the lwdt and rowdy, but we know that at least on this forum, it's basically the only way to have an open-endted political discussion that won't guarantee a warning for threadjacking. if you genuinely think these threads are so God awful, then go. no one is making you post here.

Correct. But nobody is making me leave, either, so.

yeah, but it's sort of like someone who shoots up heroin and recognizes how damaging it is for their own health: that recognition is going to prompt them to move away from that behavior, even if no one forces them to.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am

The New California Republic wrote:Oh and the site is owned by an Aussie, not an Austrian.
this is a sincere, non-trolling, honest question - do you have autism/are on the aspergers spectrum?

Because I pointed out that the site is owned by an Aussie? Lol, no.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am

all people who make reports on the moderation thread need a warm summer night, soulful music and a lot of mdma and situation can be fixed :)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: this is a sincere, non-trolling, honest question - do you have autism/are on the aspergers spectrum?

Only autistic people know geography smh.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:Polyamory is a made-up word invented by a neopagan priestess. Polygamy is the word for it and always has been. Polygamy is the word for it in zoology and as far as I’m concerned that’s all that matters.

No, because humans aren’t insects. We are, however, animals. Just really really good ones. :)
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Not at all, it's just an aside if I notice it while discussing other things or browsing.

165 threads. christ, at least the jannies get ’’’rewarded’’’ in the form of people pretending to leave them virtual food.

I'm not sure janissary is the best term for the mods.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: this is a sincere, non-trolling, honest question - do you have autism/are on the aspergers spectrum?

are you sure bro?

australia-austria is a long-standing internet meme i shouldn't need to explain, maybe youre zoomer after all?

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:all people who make reports on the moderation thread need a warm summer night, soulful music and a lot of mdma and situation can be fixed :)

dude stop, ur gonna make me start reporting things now.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:it is

Well, see, the issue is that the death penalty in general means that innocent people will end up dying at some point and I'm not too thrilled with that.

There are ways to address that, for example make the death penalty require a higher stand of proof, such as reserving it for cases where there is no real doubt or dispute of guilt, no the more borderline cases. Also for repeat offenders and those who commit crimes while in prison.

Such safeguards can reduce the risk of a false conviction.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

Valrifell wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Because I pointed out that the site is owned by an Aussie? Lol, no.

Only autistic people know geography smh.
autistic ppl have difficulty separating the literal from the figurative, so if he was autistic i would probably have apologised for some of my comments, but apparently not

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am

The New California Republic wrote:Because I pointed out that the site is owned by an Aussie? Lol, no.
are you sure bro?

australia-austria is a long-standing internet meme i shouldn't need to explain, maybe youre zoomer after all?

What a weak meme.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:

No, because humans aren’t insects.

Source
We are, however, animals. Just really really good ones. :)

Source
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am

Last edited by Celritannia on Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

are you sure bro?

If it's a meme then that's fine, I don't really put much stock in them.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

Valrifell wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: are you sure bro?

What a weak meme.
you probably have no idea where it comes from because you were playing neopets instead of engaging with memes
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:No, because humans aren’t insects.

Source

Have you counted your legs recently?

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

Celritannia wrote:[url=forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=485895]Go nuts.[/url]

We were already talking about it here though???
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am

Not putting stock into memes is to not put stock into real life.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am

Celritannia wrote:Go nuts.

Gotham Network operates its economy as a distributist market with strong socialist overtones. It is sometimes stated that private enterprise is illegal in Gotham Network. This is mistaken; private enterprise is in fact highly encouraged, with an active system of government subsidies and grants earmarked to finance small-scale tradesmen, entrepreneurs, farmers, micro-manufacturing operations, and worker-owned collectives. However, the combination of punitive corporate profit taxes and corporate social obligation laws, minutely detailed regulation of most industries, and income taxes reaching 100% for any individual making over 5 times the national average wage make most forms of large scale corporate and privately-held capital enterprise unworkable in practice if legal in principle.

based

edit: I think a number got missed off LOL
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am

Valrifell wrote:
What a weak meme.
you probably have no idea where it comes from because you were playing neopets instead of engaging with memes

Please, I played club penguin because I'm not a degenerate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General