NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread III: The Show Must Not Go On (READ OP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sun May 03, 2020 8:00 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Don't lecture me about laziness if you cannot be bothered to watch two minutes of video and only the first 30 seconds. They mislead the world about how bad it is, while they knew how bad it was, which is obvious due to the steps they took.

I must say, while I could have typed up context, there is no reason for such a hostile reaction, unless of course, you have sympathy for the Chinese regime.

OMG! They actually did this before.

Saving face is important to them. Don't forget one of things the bad evil intelligence community does is watch for possible pandemics as they would be a threat to the country. Trump was most likely informed about it and did nothing. Well he did make sure Chinese nationals couldn't fly in. Everybody else in China could however.

Looking for "THEY LIED!" proof is something Trump is desperate to do so he can shift the blame of his flaccid response to the early stages of the pandemic.

He seriously seems capable of literally blaming China for his incompetent response and fairy hand-clapping. After all his enabler McConnell actually blamed the impeachment for Trump's spanktacular response.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
They do, but other scientists can always tell when a virus has been manipulated. Unless China is somehow decades ahead of Western virus research we would already know if it was engineered.

It could also be a natural virus that they were experimenting with on animals in a lab. No genetic manipulation of any sort.

Yeah. Modern concepts of republicanism, and less-modern concepts of communism, are undermined by old Chinese concepts of saving face. Nobody dares blames anyone else. Actually one person in the supposedly P4 virus lab fucked up.

It was China's only P4 lab, there are about 12 such labs in the world. They fucked up. They have a problem admitting it.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Looking for "THEY LIED!" proof is something Trump is desperate to do so he can shift the blame of his flaccid response to the early stages of the pandemic.

I'm not doing this to defend Trump and I am very critical of that man. Also, Trump using it for an excuse does not mean we shouldn't be talking about it. You bringing up that man does not mean I should shut up, so I won't.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 03, 2020 8:05 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Looking for "THEY LIED!" proof is something Trump is desperate to do so he can shift the blame of his flaccid response to the early stages of the pandemic.

I'm not doing this to defend Trump and I am very critical of that man. Also, Trump using it for an excuse does not mean we shouldn't be talking about it. You bringing up that man does not mean I should shut up, so I won't.

Just because Trump is a satanic jackass does not mean China is exempt of blame. They hid this from us for too long.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun May 03, 2020 8:07 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm not doing this to defend Trump and I am very critical of that man. Also, Trump using it for an excuse does not mean we shouldn't be talking about it. You bringing up that man does not mean I should shut up, so I won't.

Just because Trump is a satanic jackass does not mean China is exempt of blame. They hid this from us for too long.

Agreed. I hate that a bunch of liberals are arguing with me on this, and are doing so in bad faith as well. Showing hostility to any criticism of China, and putting partisan bickering over needed conversations about China's problems.

I don't approve Trump's handling of the crisis, nor am I defending him. It's sad he even got elected.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun May 03, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:07 am

You are bringing up points which ambassadors already know. People who are concerned about things like this; already know. China has lied in the past and will continue in the future.

The only "reward" from this effort will be giving Trump the ability to shift blame.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:09 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Agreed. I hate that a bunch of liberals are arguing with me on this, and are doing so in bad faith as well. Showing hostility to any criticism of China, and putting partisan bickering over needed conversations about China's problems.

And ZERO liberals have argued China is blameless.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 03, 2020 8:10 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Agreed. I hate that a bunch of liberals are arguing with me on this, and are doing so in bad faith as well. Showing hostility to any criticism of China, and putting partisan bickering over needed conversations about China's problems.

Idk, I haven't heard Gauth mention China besides saying what about Trump.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Agreed. I hate that a bunch of liberals are arguing with me on this, and are doing so in bad faith as well. Showing hostility to any criticism of China, and putting partisan bickering over needed conversations about China's problems.

There is a strange and disturbing trend of whataboutism any time you bring new news about the depth of China’s fuck up though.

Kind of like how Trump supporters still do with Clinton and may do for centuries.

The fact that China lied and people died does not stand in opposition to the fact that Trump lied and people died.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun May 03, 2020 8:14 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm not doing this to defend Trump and I am very critical of that man. Also, Trump using it for an excuse does not mean we shouldn't be talking about it. You bringing up that man does not mean I should shut up, so I won't.

You are bringing up points which ambassadors already know. People who are concerned about things like this; already know. China has lied in the past and will continue in the future.

The only "reward" from this effort will be giving Trump the ability to shift blame.

I'm making sure people remember that China dropped the ball too, as they have a great propaganda machine that can make many forget that. You are more than capable to counter Trump's stupidity even when I highlight China's problems, and I doubt I'm creating more Trump supporters by posting. Nothing I posted excuses Trump's handling of the crisis. The ability to counter Trump's attempt to shift all blame away from himself is not being stifled by my posting.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:14 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Hmmm? I doubt Gauth is arguing China can't be blamed. He tends to focus on the Trump connection.

For example; I doubt you will see any serious punishment since China gave the Trump family a great deal of money with those patents trade marks. I am sure there are a couple hotels as well.

Anyway; finding blame at this juncture shouldn't be the focus.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

There is a strange and disturbing trend of whataboutism any time you bring new news about the depth of China’s fuck up though.

Kind of like how Trump supporters still do with Clinton and may do for centuries.

The fact that China lied and people died does not stand in opposition to the fact that Trump lied and people died.

Yeah I get annoyed when I point out Trump's flaws and get hit with "what about hillary?" Based on the person you ask, I'm either a MAGA extremist or a Clintonite, since I've said alot about the both of them.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Miserable whining about how China is exporting less PPE. Yes that's only the first thirty seconds.

If you have something to say, then say it. Lazy linking will not make any points for you.

Don't lecture me about laziness if you cannot be bothered to watch two minutes of video

You dropped a video with no comment. That right there is lazy.

and only the first 30 seconds.

I spent 30 seconds, it's a lot more than you spent linking to the video.

They mislead the world about how bad it is, while they knew how bad it was, which is obvious due to the steps they took.

I must say, while I could have typed up context, there is no reason for such a hostile reaction, unless of course, you have sympathy for the Chinese regime.

Oh what the fuck ever. I spent 30 seconds watching your video, and you spend 30 seconds reacting to my reaction. But pitifully little of that time did you spend propounding your views.

This is got from you:

They mislead the world about how bad it is, while they knew how bad it was, which is obvious due to the steps they took.

"They" being presumably China.

Yes, China misled the world about how bad covid was. No, they'd didn't actually know how bad it was (provincial officials lied to them), and some nonsense about the steps they took.

It really should not be necessary for you and I to waste so many words over some dumb youtube video. If it's necessary to make a point then link to sources. If you have nothing to say, don't link to sources. In fact don't say anything.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am

Galloism wrote:There is a strange and disturbing trend of whataboutism any time you bring new news about the depth of China’s fuck up though.

Exactly.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 03, 2020 8:16 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Hmmm? I doubt Gauth is arguing China can't be blamed. He tends to focus on the Trump connection.

For example; I doubt you will see any serious punishment since China gave the Trump family a great deal of money with those patents trade marks. I am sure there are a couple hotels as well.

I don't doubt that Trump won't really punish China. And if Gauth focuses entirely on trump and never talks about China, he kinda is defending the CCP, albeit passively and not actively.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 am

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

:blink: "whataboutism" what do you mean?

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Oh what the fuck ever.

My reaction to your fucking posts, How much is the 50 cent army paying you? Think I'm lazy, then don't fucking respond.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I don't doubt that Trump won't really punish China. And if Gauth focuses entirely on trump and never talks about China, he kinda is defending the CCP, albeit passively and not actively.

Out of curiosity just what exactly can he do other than declare war or unilaterally declare illegal sanctions? As far as I am aware there is no international law dictating the proper response for an epidemic outbreak that he can call on. So all he could do is act out like a petulant child imposing measures which would frankly make your country look even more like a global d*** than it already is.

And that's another thing. I know you americans think that acting out like a scorned baby and deciding you get to chose right from wrong and "punish" those that disagree makes you look strong. But in reality it just makes you look like a bully. Which is why nobody really wants to be friends with you. Even the rest of OTAN is only really in it to mooch off your military spending.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Hmmm? I guess that question should be directed at him rather then assuming. Even though I assumed with the trump comment ;)

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:It came from that lab. China won't admit it

Has there been any evidence to prove so?

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:20 am

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Disturbing? It's realpolitik.

You can't do a damn thing about Xi. But you can do something about Trump.

Or here in Australia, I might vote Liberal for the first time in my life. Very pleased with out PM's management, not impressed at all by the leader of the opposition, Albanese.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun May 03, 2020 8:20 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:There is a strange and disturbing trend of whataboutism any time you bring new news about the depth of China’s fuck up though.

:blink: "whataboutism" what do you mean?

Give you a good example.

I linked to a news article detailing the five eyes intelligence dossier and its findings about truly incredible levels of CCP fuckery.

I got linked back a ccp propaganda video poking fun at Donald trump being an idiot. Which we all knew.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 03, 2020 8:21 am

Purpelia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Out of curiosity just what exactly can he do other than declare war or unilaterally declare illegal sanctions? As far as I am aware there is no international law dictating the proper response for an epidemic outbreak that he can call on. So all he could do is act out like a petulant child imposing measures which would frankly make your country look even more like a global d*** than it already is.

And that's another thing. I know you americans think that acting out like a scorned baby and deciding you get to chose right from wrong and "punish" those that disagree makes you look strong. But in reality it just makes you look like a bully. Which is why nobody really wants to be friends with you. Even the rest of OTAN is only really in it to mooch off your military spending.

What can we do? We can definitely end our relations with China altogether. That would be a great first step. And while I know you aren't fond of America, right now thanks to China's missteps, thousands of people worldwide are dead. It ain't just us. People in your country are also dead. So you can either keep saying "what about america" or you can hold china accountable.

They can't survive without foreign trade. But please, enjoy being friends with china to scorn america in an act of vengeance for the horrible things the US did to mankind. Remember to dig two graves.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun May 03, 2020 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 8:23 am

-Astoria wrote:

I think it was fox who reported that one(I am not sure) Trump has mentioned it as well.

This guy offers arguments for it not having escaped from a lab.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronaviru ... 5074e53042

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 am

-Astoria wrote:

No proof, no. But my nation's leader is blowing pretty hard, that to me says he has information from Intelligence.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General