NATION

PASSWORD

NSGs (un)official happy hour Every Saturday 9:00 PM UK time.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Mushet wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Oh yeah, you're in the Philippines right? I remember Pasig was always noisy as hell during the day and even into the early evening. You couldn't get away from people. Even inside of a building, the noise was horrendous.

Phillipines is a strange guess. I live in Los Angeles.

Why did I think you were in the Philippines? I think I mistook you for someone else.

Not that Los Angeles is any less crowded or noisy.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm

so, question, did you all pay for your memberships on Zoom? Because my account says that I can only spend 40 minutes max in a call unless I upgrade?
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm free pretty much whenever :(
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:40 pm

South Ccanda wrote:so, question, did you all pay for your memberships on Zoom? Because my account says that I can only spend 40 minutes max in a call unless I upgrade?

Only the host needs a premium account, and even then, the first call can go longer.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Salandriagado wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:so, question, did you all pay for your memberships on Zoom? Because my account says that I can only spend 40 minutes max in a call unless I upgrade?

Only the host needs a premium account, and even then, the first call can go longer.

oh sweet, okay
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Nah we do it for free.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Valrifell wrote:I'm free pretty much whenever :(

Nine.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:10 pm

The first time you host they will waive the 40 minute limit. So if we rotate hosts we should get a few months out of this.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Greed and Death wrote:

The first time you host they will waive the 40 minute limit. So if we rotate hosts we should get a few months out of this.

Couldn't in theory someone make more than one account so they could actually do this again? I'm new to Zoom so if I'm wrong, don't blame me for it.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:The first time you host they will waive the 40 minute limit. So if we rotate hosts we should get a few months out of this.

Couldn't in theory someone make more than one account so they could actually do this again? I'm new to Zoom so if I'm wrong, don't blame me for it.

in theory, but if they get a report and they check IPs, they could ban our IPs from the site, which would be no good. the best bet is that someone gets premium and some of us help pitch in.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:22 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

in theory, but if they get a report and they check IPs, they could ban our IPs from the site, which would be no good. the best bet is that someone gets premium and some of us help pitch in.

I can get premium if we need it.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:03 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

This is true. I myself am pinching pennies right now so I can't get premium.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:in theory, but if they get a report and they check IPs, they could ban our IPs from the site, which would be no good. the best bet is that someone gets premium and some of us help pitch in.

Want me to just get it so it's done?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Let's rotate hosts for a while before we get to that point. at least for the next few sessions just to make sure we actually want to go through with this,

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I can do it for now since they wave restrictions the first time.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:21 pm

So the next one is next Saturday?

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:51 pm

South Ccanda wrote:So the next one is next Saturday?

Looks like it. Someone TG the info and I will update the title.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 pm

South Ccanda wrote:So the next one is next Saturday?

Indeed.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:In the latter, but that's as much as I'll give away on my location. :p

So you'll be as descript of your location in Africa as Beasts of no Nation was about its setting.

Some areas, yes; but where I am, it's more like the song of the same name [which the film & book was based off].

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:06 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Noo, don't! You were very very drunk and spouting loads of silliness..
I mean, we can rotate. It might be possible that social distancing will be lifted this summer. If the antibodies in plasma of recovered patients are effective. I still have high hopes..

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:12 am

Thepeopl wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Want me to just get it so it's done?

I mean, we can rotate. It might be possible that social distancing will be lifted this summer. If the antibodies in plasma of recovered patients are effective. I still have high hopes..

Yeah, but even when we come out of this pandemic, actually getting to know and become friends with people you may debate topics with daily can definitely build great friendships, and better debates. I think this should be a continued tradition, and considering that this game has been out longer than I've been alive (Or almost as long), its amazing we haven't done this sooner.

Edit* Nation States came out on November 13, 2002, so for most of my entire life.
Last edited by South Ccanda on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:22 am

Thepeopl wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Want me to just get it so it's done?

Of course I was. I drank a bottle of wine and 7 large beers. That's what happens when you do that.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 am

Thepeopl wrote:Noo, don't! You were very very drunk and spouting loads of silliness..

Of course I was. I drank a bottle of wine and 7 large beers. That's what happens when you do that.

I'll admit to being impressed with your ability to contain fluids. I'd have difficulty drinking a whole bottle plus seven large glasses of water in a single sitting, even one lasting a few hours.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:40 am

Albrenia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Of course I was. I drank a bottle of wine and 7 large beers. That's what happens when you do that.

I'll admit to being impressed with your ability to contain fluids. I'd have difficulty drinking a whole bottle plus seven large glasses of water urine in a single sitting, even one lasting a few hours.

Fixed it for you, lol

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:21 am

South Ccanda wrote:Edit* Nation States came out on November 13, 2002, so for most of my entire life.

It's just a few months younger than me. finally I'm older than something
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General