NATION

PASSWORD

NSGs (un)official happy hour Every Saturday 9:00 PM UK time.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:48 pm

BTW, is this strictly nsg or can I send this thread to some other ns communities?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:BTW, is this strictly nsg or can I send this thread to some other ns communities?

Other NS communities are fine why not.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:50 pm

Galactic Powers wrote:Im wondering if this is such a good idea...

Why?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I have 4 people from NS on my facebook. The reason I refuse to use video for this call is that unless it's people I know I'd be really worried about like showing things I don't know are there. Besides, I'll be with my whole family and you don't show people who don't give consent on video. I'll definitely be there on audio though.

That is what I've settled on as well.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm

is thisgoing on everyday for april?
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:41 pm

South Ccanda wrote:is thisgoing on everyday for april?

Saturday. 5:00.

Byob.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Saturday. 5:00.

Byob.

Count me in then, Can't wait to meet you all.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Just realized the 11th dropped off the title Edited for clarity.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:34 pm

We use to do in person meet ups. I went to one and missed out on the second one because I had to work. Turned out I lived on the same tiny island as a mod at the time. She was cool, I wish we could have hung out more.

I'll probably forget about this by the time it happens and sleep through it. Also, I'm not much for day drinking and this hits me at 1pm.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

We use to do in person meet ups. I went to one and missed out on the second one because I had to work. Turned out I lived on the same tiny island as a mod at the time. She was cool, I wish we could have hung out more.

I'll probably forget about this by the time it happens and sleep through it. Also, I'm not much for day drinking and this hits me at 1pm.

But I just ordered a gallon of Margarita you can't make me drink this alone.
Barack Obama

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:We use to do in person meet ups. I went to one and missed out on the second one because I had to work. Turned out I lived on the same tiny island as a mod at the time. She was cool, I wish we could have hung out more.

But I just ordered a gallon of Margarita you can't make me drink this alone.

You'll have Farts, that's more than anyone needs.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:So, 9pm my time? I'm not sure about this, but I think I could make it.

Why not whats the worst that can happen ?

A certain "family" looking over my shoulder, walking in without knocking on the door & subsequent confiscation of the device?

Totally won't go wrong.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:06 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:
Why not whats the worst that can happen ?

A certain "family" looking over my shoulder, walking in without knocking on the door & subsequent confiscation of the device?

Totally won't go wrong.

'I'm just talking to a few friends?'
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:A certain "family" looking over my shoulder, walking in without knocking on the door & subsequent confiscation of the device?

Totally won't go wrong.

'I'm just talking to a few friends?'

"Who are these friends'? Where do you know them from? How long have you known each other? You don't even know their name? Do you know these people can be child smugglers, kidnappers, etc?"

Not even a chance to defend oneself.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:'I'm just talking to a few friends?'

"Who are these friends'? Where do you know them from? How long have you known each other? You don't even know their name? Do you know these people can be child smugglers, kidnappers, etc?"

Are you in Britain? I've played the game of pretending to be someones friend who they totally have known for months a number of times if the accent makes sense.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:"Who are these friends'? Where do you know them from? How long have you known each other? You don't even know their name? Do you know these people can be child smugglers, kidnappers, etc?"

Are you in Britain? I've played the game of pretending to be someones friend who they totally have known for months a number of times if the accent makes sense.

Nowhere near Europe in any way - the increasingly conservative shithole of Toto.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:36 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Are you in Britain? I've played the game of pretending to be someones friend who they totally have known for months a number of times if the accent makes sense.

Nowhere near Europe in any way - the increasingly conservative shithole of Toto.

I remember that song from when it was a hit.
But that's not the best coincidence, it's this: yesterday and today I've had ads for a brand of toilet called Toto!
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:38 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Nowhere near Europe in any way - the increasingly conservative shithole of Toto.

But that's not the best coincidence, it's this: yesterday and today I've had ads for a brand of toilet called Toto!

Those are very different rains...

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:46 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Those are very different rains...

Appropriate. It's the bidet type of toilet!

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:05 am

-Astoria- wrote:

Say I'm an online maths tutor.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:09 am

Salandriagado wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:"Who are these friends'? Where do you know them from? How long have you known each other? You don't even know their name? Do you know these people can be child smugglers, kidnappers, etc?"

If you wanted to tell them the truth while seriously freaking them out you could tell them I'm a suicide and crisis counsellor.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 am

-Astoria- wrote:

I frequently forget that minors.... exist lmao
I was thinking "tell them to mind their business" before I realized you can't just do that.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:48 am

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:

I frequently forget that minors.... exist lmao
I was thinking "tell them to mind their business" before I realized you can't just do that.

I'd assume that since this gathering is "happy hour" i.e. there is drinking involved, that the people at this virtual party will be of the correct age.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:51 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:I frequently forget that minors.... exist lmao

I'd assume that since this gathering is "happy hour" i.e. there is drinking involved, that the people at this virtual party will be of the correct age.

They will be at least capable of the muscular control required to consume liquid.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 am

Salandriagado wrote:

Like they'll trust that. You may as well say you're a Catholic priest.

The New California Republic wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:I frequently forget that minors.... exist lmao

Why? Being in the virtual presence of drinkers isn't (afaik) illegal anywhere. It's not like being in a bar (drinking or not, forbidden).

The host is in the US, would it therefore follow that no-one under 21 should attend? That would rule out 18-20 year olds who can legally drink in their own countries.

It's not for you and I to decide, and the host is conveniently a lawyer. But that's just my take.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General