NATION

PASSWORD

Race: Social Construct or Science?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is race a social construct or based in genetics?

Race is a social construct, and there can be no meaningful genetic classification since each person is unique
15%
Race as a concept is a social construct, but certain groups of people do share meaningful genetic similarities
45%
Neutral/Unsure
3%
Race is rooted in genetic science because many groups of people have been isolated and developed unique phenotypes
23%
Race is rooted in science because different races are fundamentally different
13%
Other
2%

Total votes : 424

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:12 am

Cisairse wrote:
Novus America wrote:
But in time it can become one. Ethnicities are not fixed, they too are changing social constructs. Old ethnicities die and new ones form in time.

Sure but you not liking Mexicans doesn't mean you suddenly aren't an anglo.

But that is probably not the only reason. People of very mixed and probably uncertain admixture of more traditional ethnicities probably check “American” out of sheer convenience.

Moreover Pakistani ethnic identity says hi. If disliking Hindus is enough to make a new ethnicity there... many ethnicities formed out of opposition to others and moreover Anglo as an ethnicity that at one point did not exist.

Ethnicities are absolutely social constructs, and while many evolve “naturally” others are deliberately constructed. They split, merge, are created and destroyed.

Most people do not recognize “American” as a separate ethnicity now, sure. But that does not mean it never will be recognized as one. This is how ethnicities begin. They are created.

After all Anglo-Americans and Ethnic English are already clearly different as identities. And besides there are probably people of limited English descent that check “American”. Very possibly some people who are not even “white” do.

An “American” ethnicity, if one evolves more and is recognized by more people will not necessarily be one based on being “white”, as after all there a white Arabs, white Arabs and a lot in between.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:18 am

Hm. 35%. NationStates never fails to amuse.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
Lmfao. That's hilarious.

Pride is not an ethnicity.

Black people in the USA might disagree with you there.

Black Americans are an ethnicity because the only culture they have is one developed here. They don't know their roots. Slavery annihilated their diverse african cultures and the one you see today is american in origin. If people wanna call themselves ethnically Appalachian, I could agree with it, but America is a country in which most people are not ethnically American.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am

White Christian Nationalists wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Kinda funny that the average IQ differs greatly between Indians and Indian Americans or between Irish and Irish Americans. The average IQ in Ireland is 93, which is actually an increase from the 20th century when it was in the 80s. Irish Americans meanwhile have an IQ of about 101. Serbia's average is still 89 and yet it is definitely a "white country." Meanwhile the average IQ of Far East Asian Americans in the US is above 100 while the average for southeast asians is maybe the 90s at best. Your "genetic bell curve" theory hasn't been proven with science, and the little evidence that exists suggests IQ does not differ between races by genetics.

Also the average IQ of people who identify on the census as American is about 87, which is the same as the average in poor black neighborhoods. Funny that 99% of people who write that in as their ethnicity are white, and are usually your classic redneck. White nationalists such as yourself are constantly desperately grasping for straws to prove your theory and the worst thing is that your straws can easily be snapped in two. You really think the average IQ of black and white students is gonna be the same after hundreds of years of slavery and segregation and inner city poverty? Schools that are poorly funded? A broken home? You're being ridiculous if you think the IQ difference has everything to do with genes and nothing to do with the environment. Oh, and while you're looking for actual proof of the real difference between races, go find some evidence that the millions of sources that say "newsflash, your racial theories are bullcrap" are "Jewish sources" and not just "sources from people who know what they're talking about."

The top paragraph can be debated for quite a long time, most of the data I've studied shows different numbers than you claim here. I don't believe in differences in average intelligence would be 100% genetic, you'd have to be an idiot. However, there is a strong case that it is likely 40-60%. It is widely accepted that intelligence is inherited by parents, people who developed for hundreds of thousands of years in different environments completely different are only different from the neck down? Come on. I could go into how before europeans arrived, Africans had no advanced form of a written language, how they had domesticated no beast of burden, ect.

Compared to Blacks, Whites' brains:

* are 7% larger (1438cc versus 1343cc)
* are 100 grams heavier
* have deeper fissuration in the frontal and occipital regions
* have more complex convolutions and larger frontal lobes
* have more pyramidal neurons
* have 16% thicker supra-grandular layer
* react faster on mental chronometry tests
* have 600 million more neurons (each carries about 600 billion synapses, which each carry one bit of cortical information)
Genes contribute to about 90% of the individual variation of brain size.

Blacks are the only racial group with no DNA from the large-brained Neanderthals, and also the only race without the derived form of MCPH1 microcephalin called haplogroup D which produces increased brain volume.

Black-White IQ Distribution (Google: racial IQ bell curve):

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ
So, the top 16% of Black intellectual elites are only as intelligent as the top 50% of Whites

The genetic distance between H.Sapien and H.Erectus is only 0.17, while the genetic distance between Blacks and Eurasians is 0.23. Therefore Blacks are more genetically proximate to archaic humans than to modern man (Whites and Asians).

For comparison, the genetic distance between Blacks and modern man is greater than the genetic distance between the common chimpanzee and the bonobo (0.103, or half the Black-White distance) and between the Gorilla gorilla and the Gorilla beringei (0.04, or 1/6 the Black-White distance). Thus, Whites and Blacks are more genetically distant than two different chimpanzee species, two different gorilla species, Eurasians and Neanderthals, and Eurasians and H.Erectus.

IQ distribution by race/ethnicity:

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87
* Non-White Hispanics = 86
* American Blacks = 85 (average 24% White admixture)
* Middle East and North Africans = 84
* Sub-Saharan Blacks = 67 (Only 2% of Whites score this low)
* Australian Aborigines = 62
Sub-Saharan Africans never even created a written language. It was the White colonialists who gave the gift of literacy to them.

Oh man, that's a lot of numbers.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:21 am

Novus America wrote:Wait, if the SAT and IQ tests are effectively interchangeable a measures of intelligence then that completely undermines the “it is genetic” argument!

The SAT is a test you will see massive improvements on your score the more your prepare for it. And as you learn the way the test is scored, timed and constructed you can learn techniques that will massively increase your score with no change in your understanding of the underlying concepts, but simply understanding how the test is done. It is a game, and you can use the rules of the game to your advantage if you know how.

A little SAT tutoring makes a huge difference. As does of course underlying knowledge of math and English, both of which can be taught.

So would not differences be likely attributable to disparities of education and availability of tutoring? By taking and SAT class I increased my score 200 points so...

Also one could write a computer program that would score perfect on the math section and probably close to it in the verbal. And improve the score just by improving the algorithm.

The SAT is definitely not a good measure of immutable innate intelligence, it is a measure of how well you were prepared to take the test.

This is also true for IQ tests and is the main reason why nobody who has seriously studied this subject gives any weight to IQ.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:22 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Black people in the USA might disagree with you there.

Black Americans are an ethnicity because the only culture they have is one developed here. They don't know their roots. Slavery annihilated their diverse african cultures and the one you see today is american in origin. If people wanna call themselves ethnically Appalachian, I could agree with it, but America is a country in which most people are not ethnically American.

You missed the lowball answer there, mate.

The map says "African-American," not "Black."

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am

Novus America wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

But that is probably not the only reason.

Well, there's also having a taste for sludge metal. That too does not necessarily make one a separate ethnicity.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 am

Cisairse wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

You missed the lowball answer there, mate.

The map says "African-American," not "Black."

I don't tend to say african american. Here, everyone just says black unless you have a college degree.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Kinda funny that the average IQ differs greatly between Indians and Indian Americans or between Irish and Irish Americans. The average IQ in Ireland is 93, which is actually an increase from the 20th century when it was in the 80s. Irish Americans meanwhile have an IQ of about 101. Serbia's average is still 89 and yet it is definitely a "white country." Meanwhile the average IQ of Far East Asian Americans in the US is above 100 while the average for southeast asians is maybe the 90s at best. Your "genetic bell curve" theory hasn't been proven with science, and the little evidence that exists suggests IQ does not differ between races by genetics.

Also the average IQ of people who identify on the census as American is about 87, which is the same as the average in poor black neighborhoods. Funny that 99% of people who write that in as their ethnicity are white, and are usually your classic redneck. White nationalists such as yourself are constantly desperately grasping for straws to prove your theory and the worst thing is that your straws can easily be snapped in two. You really think the average IQ of black and white students is gonna be the same after hundreds of years of slavery and segregation and inner city poverty? Schools that are poorly funded? A broken home? You're being ridiculous if you think the IQ difference has everything to do with genes and nothing to do with the environment. Oh, and while you're looking for actual proof of the real difference between races, go find some evidence that the millions of sources that say "newsflash, your racial theories are bullcrap" are "Jewish sources" and not just "sources from people who know what they're talking about."

The top paragraph can be debated for quite a long time, most of the data I've studied shows different numbers than you claim here. I don't believe in differences in average intelligence would be 100% genetic, you'd have to be an idiot. However, there is a strong case that it is likely 40-60%. It is widely accepted that intelligence is inherited by parents, people who developed for hundreds of thousands of years in different environments completely different are only different from the neck down? Come on. I could go into how before europeans arrived, Africans had no advanced form of a written language, how they had domesticated no beast of burden, ect.

* are 100 grams heavier
* have 600 million more neurons (each carries about 600 billion synapses, which each carry one bit of cortical information)

Blacks are the only racial group with no DNA from the large-brained Neanderthals, and also the only race without the derived form of MCPH1 microcephalin called haplogroup D which produces increased brain volume.

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ
So, the top 16% of Black intellectual elites are only as intelligent as the top 50% of Whites

The genetic distance between H.Sapien and H.Erectus is only 0.17, while the genetic distance between Blacks and Eurasians is 0.23. Therefore Blacks are more genetically proximate to archaic humans than to modern man (Whites and Asians).

For comparison, the genetic distance between Blacks and modern man is greater than the genetic distance between the common chimpanzee and the bonobo (0.103, or half the Black-White distance) and between the Gorilla gorilla and the Gorilla beringei (0.04, or 1/6 the Black-White distance). Thus, Whites and Blacks are more genetically distant than two different chimpanzee species, two different gorilla species, Eurasians and Neanderthals, and Eurasians and H.Erectus.

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87
Sub-Saharan Africans never even created a written language. It was the White colonialists who gave the gift of literacy to them.

Do you count Indians (Asian Indians not Amerindians) as white or SE Asian? Or Middle Eastern?

Although this is bullshit race realism as a whole
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:26 am

Novus America wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

But that is probably not the only reason. People of very mixed and probably uncertain admixture of more traditional ethnicities probably check “American” out of sheer convenience.

Moreover Pakistani ethnic identity says hi. If disliking Hindus is enough to make a new ethnicity there... many ethnicities formed out of opposition to others and moreover Anglo as an ethnicity that at one point did not exist.

Ethnicities are absolutely social constructs, and while many evolve “naturally” others are deliberately constructed. They split, merge, are created and destroyed.

Most people do not recognize “American” as a separate ethnicity now, sure. But that does not mean it never will be recognized as one. This is how ethnicities begin. They are created.

After all Anglo-Americans and Ethnic English are already clearly different as identities. And besides there are probably people of limited English descent that check “American”. Very possibly some people who are not even “white” do.

An “American” ethnicity, if one evolves more and is recognized by more people will not necessarily be one based on being “white”, as after all there a white Arabs, white Arabs and a lot in between.

Literally all of that backs up my point that "ethnic Americans" are just ignorant about what ethnicity means.

I need you to think for a long time about what factors may contribute to "ethnic Americans" being clustered almost entirely in former slave states, and not in melting-pot states like New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois.
Last edited by Cisairse on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:26 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

* are 100 grams heavier

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87

Oh man, that's a lot of numbers.

When you don't have actual facts, you use numbers to look like you know what you're talking about. If you don't have numbers, you use big words or in the case of Rick Perry, you wear glasses.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:27 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Oh man, that's a lot of numbers.

When you don't have actual facts, you use numbers to look like you know what you're talking about. If you don't have numbers, you use big words or in the case of Rick Perry, you wear glasses.

Alright.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:28 am

Aureumterra wrote:

* are 100 grams heavier

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87

Do you count Indians (Asian Indians not Amerindians) as white or SE Asian? Or Middle Eastern?

Although this is bullshit race realism as a whole

He can't even define where the borderline for the white race is. This is why race isn't real.

Qyrym
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Qyrym » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:33 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

* are 100 grams heavier

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87

Wow, i'm a jew, i even didn't know about that! *hastily adding Hebrew on duolingo*
Qyrym is an independent Crimean Khanate in 1400-s borders.
NEWS: Belgorod Prefecture included in Capital Region construction plan | New tourist town under construction in Theodosia Prefecture | Inheritance tax replaced with new law, preventing wealth concentration

Embassy thread | General Factbook
*NS stats used, population /100

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:41 am

White Christian Nationalists wrote:Blacks are the only racial group with no DNA from the large-brained Neanderthals, and also the only race without the derived form of MCPH1 microcephalin called haplogroup D which produces increased brain volume.

Along with everything else you said not being even slightly true, this point is a flat out lie. That's not what a Haplogroup is, and Haplogroup D is from east Asia not from neanderthals.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

Cisairse wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Literally all of that backs up my point that "ethnic Americans" are just ignorant about what ethnicity means.

I need you to think for a long time about what factors may contribute to "ethnic Americans" being clustered almost entirely in former slave states, and not in melting-pot states like New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois.

Oh I am sure for many they have a racist conception of it, but one cannot assume all answer that for the same reasons. Sure many might answer from ignorance or even racism but I doubt that is the only reason. I would think many because they feel no other identity on the list identifies them well.

And ethnicity is not something with a universal meaning. Ethnicities are constantly shifting social constructs based on what people identify as. If “African American” can become a distinct ethnicity, the various groups it came from merged cans subsumed, then eh could not European American? Or why could not in time European American and African Americans one ethnicity?

Because ethnicities are political and constructed it is not necessarily objectively wrong for someone to push a new ethnicity.

“What is your ethnicity?” is not a question with an objectively right or wrong answer.
Especially if one is a of a very complex admixture.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 pm

I voted other.
Race is a social construct because there is more genetic variation in the race groups themselves than between the races.

Where in dogs the variation between races ( breeds) are 27 % and in the race 2%, we humans have 85% variation in the race and only 15 % across.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 pm

IQ tests test how good you are at doing IQ tests. They are based on short term thinking. They do not accurately measure human intelligence. There are multiple intelligences.
https://www.webmd.com/brain/news/201212 ... lligence#1

There are different kinds of intelligence based on memory, cognitive ability, and other mental functions. IQ tests are simple and extremely biased most of the time. They also change when people account for social and economic factors like motivation. General intelligence tests are limited.

There are better ways to test intelligence. Tests of intelligence which are simplistic don't reveal where a persons strengths are. They give a single score which can track people the wrong way. More varied tests reveal a persons strengths and weaknesses and allow people to build on their strengths.

The single tests are used in a bad way and are misleading.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Novus America wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

Oh I am sure for many they have a racist conception of it, but one cannot assume all answer that for the same reasons. Sure many might answer from ignorance or even racism but I doubt that is the only reason. I would think many because they feel no other identity on the list identifies them well.

And ethnicity is not something with a universal meaning. Ethnicities are constantly shifting social constructs based on what people identify as. If “African American” can become a distinct ethnicity, the various groups it came from merged cans subsumed, then eh could not European American? Or why could not in time European American and African Americans one ethnicity?

Because ethnicities are political and constructed it is not necessarily objectively wrong for someone to push a new ethnicity.

“What is your ethnicity?” is not a question with an objectively right or wrong answer.
Especially if one is a of a very complex admixture.

European American could become an ethnicity but right now there's too many diverse groups (Italians, Brits, Germans, Portugese, Croatians, Russians, Norwegians, Finns, Albanians, Irish) to be one.

LRON
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby LRON » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:58 pm

There is no such thing as European Americans, since most of them have only distant ancestors that came from Europe.
Ravenous, ridiculous, and rakish!
Political fixer turned novelist.
Upper Class Anglo-Indian.
Proud Tory, but no longer a member of the Conservative Party.
Enthusiastically eccentric.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:04 pm

LRON wrote:There is no such thing as European Americans, since most of them have only distant ancestors that came from Europe.

I feel it's more that they tend to trace ancestry to a single group (i.e. Norwegians) then to Europe.

Whereas African Americans typically do not have a clear idea of their ancestry, for obvious reasons.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:07 pm

LRON wrote:There is no such thing as European Americans, since most of them have only distant ancestors that came from Europe.

:eyebrow:

Insaanistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Insaanistan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

* are 100 grams heavier

Blacks:

5% above 110 IQ
16% above 100 IQ
40% above 90 IQ
70% above 80 IQ
30% below 80 IQ
18% below 75 IQ
10% below 70 IQ
Whites:

10% above 120 IQ
18% above 115 IQ
27% above 110 IQ
40% above 105 IQ
50% above 100 IQ
60% below 105 IQ
35% below 95 IQ
15% below 85 IQ

* Ashkenazi Jews = 115
* East Asians = 106
* Whites = 100
* South East Asians = 87

Ya ibn hmar! Ya khara! Ya kalb!
First of all, I doubt those numbers are correct. I do believe that the IQ scores are lower in African American communities, because of politicians who think like you not giving us proper education facilities, funding and whatnot. And may I remind you, IQ is not the same as intelligence. I’d argue Sub-Saharan African children are more intelligent, given the toys and gadgets they create with the limited resources hey have in countries made impoverished partially by the White colonists you seem to glorify. Additionally, Homo Neanderthalis ancestry doesn’t make a race smarter. And for your information, I am a Hausa person, and in addition to the European Latin Alphabet we often use nowadays, we have our own Braille script and a Ajami script centuries older than our usage of either of those, you insolent white supremacist, so cut the crap, especially since the race you are glorifying spent hundreds of years in caves while everyone else advanced technologically, culturally and academically, and the only reason you aren’t in them now is the fact that your land lust caused you to use religion to justify several bloody wars, and you stole some ideas along the way, not to mention your possession of guns.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Novus America wrote:Most people do not recognize “American” as a separate ethnicity now, sure. But that does not mean it never will be recognized as one.

Actually most of us do. Like literally the entire planet outside of your country basically looks at you and goes "americans". It's only you who make the distinction between the various colors and forms of american as if it mattered much. To the rest of the planet you're all the same.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Insaanistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Insaanistan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Novus America wrote:Most people do not recognize “American” as a separate ethnicity now, sure. But that does not mean it never will be recognized as one.

Actually most of us do. Like literally the entire planet outside of your country basically looks at you and goes "americans". It's only you who make the distinction between the various colors and forms of american as if it mattered much. To the rest of the planet you're all the same.

No... they recognize it as a nationality. They recognize you’re from America, so they call you American.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General