NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread mark II: Official Apocalyptic Edition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Luminesa wrote:200,000 people is roughly the population of Baton Rouge.

:(

die for our dow! the tree of liberty thirsts for the blood of tyrants! your blood and your gore for our heartless orange god, the greatest president in alternative fact! maga! kag!
Last edited by Moscareinas on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:00 pm

Moscareinas wrote:

die for our dow! the tree of liberty thirsts for the blood of tyrants! your blood and your gore for our heartless orange god, the greatest president in alternative fact! maga! kag!

Hush. This is neither the time nor the place for such foolishness.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Moscareinas wrote:

Hush. This is neither the time nor the place for such foolishness.

thanks for the warning, won't happen again
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:04 pm

Moscareinas wrote:
Xmara wrote:Great news! My friend does not have COVID-19!

is she ok though?

Yeah she's doing better. Doesn't have a fever or anything now. Not sure what it actually was that she had.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Galactic Powers
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Galactic Powers » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Xmara wrote:
Moscareinas wrote:
is she ok though?

Yeah she's doing better. Doesn't have a fever or anything now. Not sure what it actually was that she had.

Thats great
(im back won't happen again mods)
Some OOC things. Dominioan’s new nation - Est. Dec 9, 2019
Boomer Sooner, Chop On.
^ Here's what those mean ^
Founder and King of the former Bluecrown Keep
Canons: Dominioan (IOC RP) - Dominioan (Personal) - 1AP Dominioan

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Vetalia wrote:I bet there will be less than 25,000 deaths, tops.

One part of me feels that way, like "well the death toll isn't really increasing that fast."

The other part of me remembers the last time I didn't take something bad seriously, which was Donald Trump running for president.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:10 pm

If 15,000 Americans being killed every year by gun violence is considered bad, then that is absolutely awful fr.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:11 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I had an upper respiratory infection in January, but I'm over it now. It wasn't serious, but it did keep me home. Very uncomfortable.

It might have honestly been COVID-19...

My fever never went over 99F, and I was able to work. It was a week when like, all my co-workers were out with a thing. I managed to only get sick in the middle of the week, and then went home that Friday cause I was feeling bad. But I work in a daycare. We catch everything.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:11 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

If 15,000 Americans being killed every year by gun violence is considered bad, then that is absolutely awful fr.

15,000 people in the whole US?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:12 pm

USS Teddy Roosevelt has 70 cases and USS Ronald Reagan has a few. DOD can’t send some 2,000 ventilators because HHS refuses to tell them where to send them

In case you weren’t following the US now has two carrier groups out of commission due to COVID-19 and the administration is still bungling the response.

We can’t have anymore units sidelined. Trump needs to act or get out of the way
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I had an upper respiratory infection in January, but I'm over it now. It wasn't serious, but it did keep me home. Very uncomfortable.

It might have honestly been COVID-19...

Unlikely
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

15,000 people in the whole US?

Yeah. That's what happens when school shooters, domestic terrorists, angry guys at the grocery store in florida and gang members/drug dealers are all packed into one single country.

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16 pm

Thermodolia wrote:USS Teddy Roosevelt has 70 cases and USS Ronald Reagan has a few. DOD can’t send some 2,000 ventilators because HHS refuses to tell them where to send them

In case you weren’t following the US now has two carrier groups out of commission due to COVID-19 and the administration is still bungling the response.

so two aircraft carriers, huh

how unusual is it for navy captains to publicize their letters to their superiors like the captain of the teddy bear did, therm? will such an act carry penalties?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Moscareinas wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:USS Teddy Roosevelt has 70 cases and USS Ronald Reagan has a few. DOD can’t send some 2,000 ventilators because HHS refuses to tell them where to send them

how unusual is it for navy captains to publicize their letters to their superiors like the captain of the teddy bear did, therm? will such an act carry penalties?

It’s extremely unusual. They generally won’t catch heat for it if they don’t include any intel.

And it’s not just two aircraft carriers but two carrier groups which includes a lot of other ships
Last edited by Thermodolia on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm

In less than a week we went from 1000, to 2000 to 3000. We will likely hit about 4000 tomorrow. Unless we have dramatically lowered infections rates, we are likely to hit 25k in less than two weeks when those who caught it in the lat couple weeks start to die.
Last edited by Seangoli on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Moscareinas wrote:

Maybe not officially but his career is over. He will be assigned a desk and never be considered for promotion.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Moscareinas wrote:

Yes, but that is an officer’s responsibility. If he feels his crew is endangered he has the responsibility to act even if it means the loss of his command
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Seangoli wrote:

In less than a week we went from 1000, to 2000 to 3000. We will likely hit about 4000 tomorrow. Unless we have dramatically lowered infections rates, we are likely to hit 25k in about two weeks when those who caught it in the lat couple weeks start to die.

In one hour my state went from under 100 deaths to 110
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm

Xmara wrote:
Moscareinas wrote:
is she ok though?

She should get tested for antibodies to see if she can donate plasma to sick people.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm

Well it won’t because that’s from 6 years ago
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 pm

There are five more ships in US ports for maintenance and repair.The United States no longer has an aircraft carrier in Asia.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
In less than a week we went from 1000, to 2000 to 3000. We will likely hit about 4000 tomorrow. Unless we have dramatically lowered infections rates, we are likely to hit 25k in about two weeks when those who caught it in the lat couple weeks start to die.

3 to 7 coworkers over the weekend.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Social distancing is working.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:23 pm

The CCP has also been exposed as being a culprit behind the global mask and equipment shortage, by misleading other countries on the severity of the virus, while simultaneously buying up masks and equipment in western countries through shell companies, especially in Australia. It certainly didn't help that Trump sent them additional equipment, leaving an even bigger shortage than the one that the CCP helped create.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General