NATION

PASSWORD

Government surveillance bill moving through Congress

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am

Vassenor wrote:
Galloism wrote:

So now we need to go dig through those bits of the statute books to see what's being changed.

Basically, it strips section 230 protections from platforms that do not monitor content in their platform. Ergo, if the platform uses end to end encryption, they can't monitor content, so they don't get section 230 protections.

It's a way to force them to backdoor their encryption in order to achieve section 230 protections.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm

I mean, sure, the government probably does this anyway. That doesn't mean it should be legal.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

Previous

Return to General