NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Polding wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
To be human is also to be an independent living being, separate from another person.

I reject that definition.

Sadly God didn't give us the ability of telepathy so yeah, you're gonna have to accept that definition until humans evolve a bit more.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:New Zealand's timing is shit. Not only is it a really bad time to time to introduce this. Aside from the fact that most hospitals are already on elective surgeries, now, more than ever, we should be discouraging non-marital sex. Wait till Covid-19 is over

Not all sex creates babies.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:New Zealand's timing is shit. Not only is it a really bad time to time to introduce this. Aside from the fact that most hospitals are already on elective surgeries, now, more than ever, we should be discouraging non-marital sex. Wait till Covid-19 is over

Didn't you post this already? Also, I doubt the people who specialize in this sort of stuff will be using the same resources as the people treating COVID patients. And this affects married people just as much.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

You made this same argument earlier. It was flimsy then and it is just as flimsy now.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Necroghastia wrote:

Didn't you post this already? Also, I doubt the people who specialize in this sort of stuff will be using the same resources as the people treating COVID patients. And this affects married people just as much.

3rd time, to be specific.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Besides, what else are couples going to do? There's only so much Netflix...
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

They're going to sleep at least 6 inches apart from one another with a cuddle blocker in between them and only talk to each other in passive aggressive and indirect tone and phrasing.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:50 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Besides, what else are couples going to do? There's only so much Netflix...

They're going to sleep at least 6 inches apart from one another with a cuddle blocker in between them and only talk to each other in passive aggressive and indirect tone and phrasing.

Lewd.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:51 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each other, they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

Love and marriage are inseparable.

lol, no.

Marriage for love as normal is actually a rather new trend, throughout the vast majority of history marriage was solely an economic or political affair, including in Christian countries.

You're confusing romantic love with raw sexuality. Romantic love ebbs and flows with time, it's a skill whose mastery culminates in unconditional love, or God's love of humanity. For romantic love to progress past raw sexuality and into unconditional love, marriage is required.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

The Coronavirus quarantine boredom dance.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:51 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Besides, what else are couples going to do? There's only so much Netflix...

My partner and I have already moved beyond that phase and now communicate only via subtweeting.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
New haven america wrote:They're going to sleep at least 6 inches apart from one another with a cuddle blocker in between them and only talk to each other in passive aggressive and indirect tone and phrasing.

Lewd.

Hey hey hey now.

At least they're not holding hands or calling each other by their first names with no honorifics attached.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Lewd.

Hey hey hey now.

At least they're not holding hands or calling each other by their first names with no honorifics attached.

Dude, keep it PG-13!

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:lol, no.

Marriage for love as normal is actually a rather new trend, throughout the vast majority of history marriage was solely an economic or political affair, including in Christian countries.

You're confusing romantic love with raw sexuality. Romantic love ebbs and flows with time, it's a skill whose mastery culminates in unconditional love, or God's love of humanity. For romantic love to progress past raw sexuality and into unconditional love, marriage is required.

Again, anyone can be in a romantic relationship for many years without getting married.
Marriage is not necessary.
Last edited by Celritannia on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Sundiata wrote:

1. You're confusing romantic love with raw sexuality. 2. Romantic love ebbs and flows with time, it's a skill whose mastery culminates in unconditional love, or God's love of humanity. For romantic love to progress past raw sexuality and into unconditional love, marriage is required.

1. Nein, if anyone here's doing that it's you
2. And for the vast majority of human history romantic love in marriage didn't matter as marriage was not considered a matter of love, it was considered and political and economic tool.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Sundiata wrote:

Pretty sure a couple can do that, even if no priest ever says magic words at them.

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:54 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Polding wrote:This isn’t confusing whatsoever lmao. ‘Human-ness’ is the fundamental essence of being a human. All humans possess it, or otherwise they would not be human. There is no difference between ‘human’ and ‘human being’, they’re the same thing. The only way to justify murdering another human is to say they aren’t human or that being human doesn’t matter.

Wrong. Something can be human, but not a human being.

And define "human-ness" please, so that it isn't just inserted in as an empty phrase.

Noun[edit]
humanness (countable and uncountable, plural humannesses)
The condition or quality of being human.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
New haven america wrote:Hey hey hey now.

Dude, keep it PG-13!

But, but, it makes my kokoro go doki doki and makes me so kimochi!
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Sundiata wrote:

"Unconditional love" having marriage as a condition is not "unconditional".

And you have no evidence whatsoever that an unmarried couple can't love unconditionally, or that marriage is needed for said unconditional love to exist.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong. Something can be human, but not a human being.

And define "human-ness" please, so that it isn't just inserted in as an empty phrase.

Noun[edit]

And again something can be human without being a human being. For example if a heart was being transplanted then we'd say that the heart was human, but it is not a human being.

Wave on, wave on

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Sundiata wrote:You're confusing romantic love with raw sexuality. Romantic love ebbs and flows with time, it's a skill whose mastery culminates in unconditional love, or God's love of humanity. For romantic love to progress past raw sexuality and into unconditional love, marriage is required.

Pretty sure a couple can do that, even if no priest ever says magic words at them.

If a Catholic couple intends to fulfill the sacrament, says their vows to one another, and proceeds to consummate that marriage, then yes, they're married. The priest, the wedding, the wedding mass, it's just preferred. The presence of a priest is not technically needed.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 pm

Polding wrote:

Noun[edit]

And again something can be human without being a human being. For example if a heart was being transplanted then we'd say that the heart was human, but it is not a human being.

It is ‘human’ only in relation to being a part of a human being; that is the source of its ‘human-ness’. This isn’t analogical to a fetus which is a human being.
Last edited by Polding on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:And again something can be human without being a human being. For example if a heart was being transplanted then we'd say that the heart was human, but it is not a human being.

It is ‘human’ only in relation to being a part of a human being; that is the source of its ‘human-ness’. This isn’t analogical to a fetus which is a human being.

It actually is, given that the usual period when the overwhelming majority of abortions are carried out, in the first few weeks, the foetus is only parts of what will constitute a human being too.

Wave on, wave on

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Pretty sure a couple can do that, even if no priest ever says magic words at them.

If a Catholic couple intends to fulfill the sacrament, says their vows to one another, and proceeds to consummate that marriage, then yes, they're married. The priest, the wedding, the wedding mass, it's just preferred. The presence of a priest is not technically needed.

Oh, so now they have to be Catholic too? Yet another condition for "unconditional" love.

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Polding wrote:It is ‘human’ only in relation to being a part of a human being; that is the source of its ‘human-ness’. This isn’t analogical to a fetus which is a human being.

It actually is, given that the usual period when the overwhelming majority of abortions are carried out, in the first few weeks, the foetus is only parts of what will constitute a human being too.

What does that eventually form into?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General