NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Polding wrote:That is exactly what is being argued when people believe humans can be legitimately killed before they are born. A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’; therefore, the unborn baby isn’t human but a parasitic entity. But seeds will flourish into flowers, thus they are called flower seeds.

Did you even read what I said? Particularly the word being?

Polding wrote:They can be forgiven for not being able to ask, I’m sure, mon ami!

Hmmm, I wonder why they can't?

Polding wrote:Its entirely on you that you work under definitions that are wrong.

Says the person who has been murdering the word "arbitrary."

Who are you?
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Polding wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Did you even read what I said? Particularly the word being?

Hmmm, I wonder why they can't?

Says the person who has been murdering the word "arbitrary."

Who are you?

They are Necroghastia, the name is right there.
Last edited by Celritannia on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:28 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:That is not what is being said. Nobody here denies that the fetus is human in that it features human cells etc. The issue here is whether it is a human being, i.e. a person.

But as Godular just said, that is ultimately irrelevant anyway if we give the fetus the same rights as born persons, as that doesn't grant them a right to remain in the woman without her consent.

That’s exactly the argument. You acknowledge that it possesses ‘human cells’ but do not acknowledge it as a ‘human being’. That is a denial of ‘human-ness’, thus making it a parasitic organism. The organism only assumes the status of ‘human being’ after or during birth; the only conclusion, then, is that birth confers ‘human-ness’.

This is a case in point of the confusion that is caused when you do not use words with precision, and instead use them interchangeably. I warned you that this would happen.

It isn't a denial of human-ness at all, as I acknowledge, as do others, that the fetus is human, but not a human being; i.e. a person.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:28 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:That is not what is being said. Nobody here denies that the fetus is human in that it features human cells etc. The issue here is whether it is a human being, i.e. a person.

But as Godular just said, that is ultimately irrelevant anyway if we give the fetus the same rights as born persons, as that doesn't grant them a right to remain in the woman without her consent.

That’s exactly the argument. You acknowledge that it possesses ‘human cells’ but do not acknowledge it as a ‘human being’. That is a denial of ‘human-ness’, thus making it a parasitic organism. The organism only assumes the status of ‘human being’ after or during birth; the only conclusion, then, is that birth confers ‘human-ness’.

Or, you know, being.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Celritannia wrote:Are there any females in here who are against abortions?

I feel like you already know the answer to that question.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Celritannia wrote:Are there any females in here who are against abortions?

I feel like you already know the answer to that question.

I do, I am just making a point that it's only men in here that want to control what women can do.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Polding wrote:
Godular wrote:
Even if we were to give fetuses the same rights as born persons, they'd still have no right to remain within the woman's body without her consent.

They can be forgiven for not being able to ask, I’m sure, mon ami!

Their capacity for self-determination (or lack thereof) is also functionally irrelevant.
Last edited by Godular on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Sundiata wrote:It's deceptive,

How? To whom?
degrading,

How? To whom?
and one of the worst things to do with someone you're not married with because it's the false expression of love.

I'm not even sure what you mean by a "false expression of love."

Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each other, they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

Love and marriage are inseparable.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Polding wrote:That’s exactly the argument. You acknowledge that it possesses ‘human cells’ but do not acknowledge it as a ‘human being’. That is a denial of ‘human-ness’, thus making it a parasitic organism. The organism only assumes the status of ‘human being’ after or during birth; the only conclusion, then, is that birth confers ‘human-ness’.

This is a case in point of the confusion that is caused when you do not use words with precision, and instead use them interchangeably. I warned you that this would happen.

It isn't a denial of human-ness at all, as I acknowledge, as do others, that the fetus is human, but not a human being; i.e. a person.

This isn’t confusing whatsoever lmao. ‘Human-ness’ is the fundamental essence of being a human. All humans possess it, or otherwise they would not be human. There is no difference between ‘human’ and ‘human being’, they’re the same thing. The only way to justify murdering another human is to say they aren’t human or that being human doesn’t matter.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:How? To whom?

How? To whom?

Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

Try telling two people who have been in a relationship with each other for years but not married that their love isn't real. See how far you get.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Sundiata wrote:

How? To whom?

Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

Marriage is not the final stop for true love, it all depends on the person. You are also neglecting other cultures and faiths (and even those without like myself) who see it differently.

True love depends on the people involved with the relationship.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Sundiata wrote:

How? To whom?

Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each other, they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

lol, no.

Marriage for love as normal is actually a rather new trend, throughout the vast majority of history marriage was solely an economic or political affair, including in Christian countries.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:This is a case in point of the confusion that is caused when you do not use words with precision, and instead use them interchangeably. I warned you that this would happen.

This isn’t confusing whatsoever lmao. ‘Human-ness’ is the fundamental essence of being a human. All humans possess it, or otherwise they would not be human. There is no difference between ‘human’ and ‘human being’, they’re the same thing. The only way to justify murdering another human is to say they aren’t human or that being human doesn’t matter.

To be human is also to be an independent living being, separate from another person.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Sundiata wrote:Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

Try telling two people who have been in a relationship with each other for years but not married that their love isn't real. See how far you get.

Such a shame that responding to such insinuations with a challenge to a duel is no longer legal. <.>
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Sundiata wrote:Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage. To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

You see NCR they are simply in denial or are actively working against God and supporting Satan by spreading falsehoods throughout the community.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Polding wrote:This isn’t confusing whatsoever lmao. ‘Human-ness’ is the fundamental essence of being a human. All humans possess it, or otherwise they would not be human. There is no difference between ‘human’ and ‘human being’, they’re the same thing. The only way to justify murdering another human is to say they aren’t human or that being human doesn’t matter.

To be human is also to be an independent living being, separate from another person.

I reject that definition.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Polding wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

I reject your clouded worldview in its entirety.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:This is a case in point of the confusion that is caused when you do not use words with precision, and instead use them interchangeably. I warned you that this would happen.

Wrong. Something can be human, but not a human being.

And define "human-ness" please, so that it isn't just inserted in as an empty phrase.

Wave on, wave on

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Polding wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

You can reject a fact all you like. But one basic principle of being human is to be an independent being in your own right. Babies are once born.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Sundiata wrote:

How? To whom?

Essentially, if a man and woman truly love each other, they marry and proceed to consummate that marriage.

What about a woman and a woman? A man and a man? NB people? Three or more people? They're all as capable as love as the average straight couple.
To perform the marital act before marriage is not to will the good of the other and lead one's partner astray from God, ergo, not true love.

What makes it bad, though? You say it is, but you don't explain why. Nothing here describes deception or degradation. The closest you come is "[leading] astray from God," and that still answers nothing. Heck, it raises more questions.

So, you have to love one another before you marry, right? Sounds like love's a prerequisite, in which case, it's entirely separate.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 pm

New Zealand's timing is shit. Not only is it a really bad time to time to introduce this. Aside from the fact that most hospitals are already on elective surgeries, now, more than ever, we should be discouraging non-marital sex. Wait till Covid-19 is over
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Polding wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

I reject your rejection.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:New Zealand's timing is shit. Not only is it a really bad time to time to introduce this. Aside from the fact that most hospitals are already on elective surgeries, now, more than ever, we should be discouraging non-marital sex. Wait till Covid-19 is over

Since you apparently didn't see it the first time:

New haven america wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Whatever your views on abortion, this is not the time to legalise it. All the people who couldn't legally abortions will flood the system with requests for abortions, and more undo stress is all that the system needs. Wait till bloody fucking Covid-19 dies down

You are aware that most hospitals don't usually perform abortions unless it's a medical necessity?

There are these interesting things called "Abortion Clinics" that specialize in them, and some of them, like Planned Parenthood, offer a wide range of sexual health services and information to both males and females.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Sundiata wrote:

How? To whom?

is this satire
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Sundiata wrote:

How? To whom?

Oh. Well... Gay people can love each other. I guess you must approve of gay marriage. Since marriage and love are inseparable.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General