NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 am

Thermodolia wrote:Well then those demons are fucking hawt

The best.

New haven america wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I'm really curious as to why men's punishment would last so much longer and be so much less physically invasive than that of women.

Because Eve tempted Adam and thus she and any woman after her get the brunt of the punishment.

Also Eve was his second. Before there was Lilith but she was banejected because she refused to lie under Adam (you can guess what this was about) and be obedient to him. So then Adam had to request a replacement, which was then Eve.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 am

Terabithya wrote:
Prozitia wrote:All of you "pro-life" guys are sick in the head. You only want a larger ignorant, starving population. Because that's what makes you conservatards profit. Why is this even a debate?

It's not like you could avoid sexual intercourse or let another couple adopt your child, is it? Sexual intercourse is for marriage anyway, when you usually want to have children. Outside of sacramental marriage, sex is usually a sin.

Sinning is hot.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Terabithya wrote:
It's not like you could avoid sexual intercourse or let another couple adopt your child, is it? Sexual intercourse is for marriage anyway, when you usually want to have children. Outside of sacramental marriage, sex is usually a sin.

Sinning is hot.

Hot as hell?

Ba-dum-tish.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 am

Good stuff.
Terabithya wrote:
Greater Theowherveld wrote:You quote the bible as if it is a historical account. This alone shows you know so little that anyone listening to your thoughts are suffering brain damage.

The Holy Bible is of course a historical account and you don't know what you're writing. If you aren't baptised I strongly advise you to let baptise yourself in the Catholic Church and if you already are, repent and receive the sacrament of Penance, please.

I was baptised, its nothing special, in fact i think its a load of bollocks.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 am

Nakena wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well then those demons are fucking hawt

The best.

New haven america wrote:Because Eve tempted Adam and thus she and any woman after her get the brunt of the punishment.

Also Eve was his second. Before there was Lilith but she was banejected because she refused to lie under Adam (you can guess what this was about) and be obedient to him. So then Adam had to request a replacement, which was then Eve.

Basically in the Abrahamic Religions, women are responsible for everything wrong in the world that isn't a test of God.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:33 am

Radiatia wrote:Now we've thrown that away in a flurry of ideology, and just to add insult to injury they attempted (luckily unsuccessfully) to ban anyone from protesting it because New Zealand is rapidly becoming an authoritarian shithole.

Even if you're rabidly pro-choice, surely you should be able to see that banning protests (or confining them to certain areas) is a very, very dangerous thing to do.

I really don't give a crap about abortion but it's a shame people on the far right can now harass people moreso than they already are. If you think preventing that is dangerous, then you're not really protesting your "diminishing rights" (and as you live overseas, this does not apply to you), you're only angry that you cannot engage in questionable behaviour without being subject to the consequences of that behaviour.

Don't try and pull the wool over our eyes.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Waldoven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Waldoven » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:33 am

Could we move on from religion? I think I prefer the topic of abortion now rather than this
United Federation of Waldoven

"Curiosity drives Waldoven forwards!"
Home page | Region
Waldoven, home to the Waldovian species. United in 1970 WT (2,217,130 AD), Waldovians have come far ever since the first humans crashed onto the planet, now taking their first steps to becoming an interplanetary civilization.
A nation that represents about 80% of my political views
Current year: 2,217,130 AD | 1990 WT

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 am

Terabithya wrote:
Greater Theowherveld wrote:You quote the bible as if it is a historical account. This alone shows you know so little that anyone listening to your thoughts are suffering brain damage.

The Holy Bible is of course a historical account and you don't know what you're writing. If you aren't baptised I strongly advise you to let baptise yourself in the Catholic Church and if you already are, repent and receive the sacrament of Penance, please.

NS is based on rational debate, not on trying to impose arbitrary irrational religious views on other people.

Nakena wrote:Condoms, the pill and coitus interruptus are a thing though.

The latter often doesn't work though. Yes, abortion should be a last resort but that is no reason to restrict it.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:48 am

Vivolkha wrote:
Terabithya wrote:

NS is based on rational debate, not on trying to impose arbitrary irrational religious views on other people.

Nakena wrote:Condoms, the pill and coitus interruptus are a thing though.

The latter often doesn't work though. Yes, abortion should be a last resort but that is no reason to restrict it.

We should still be promoting the use of contraceptives and the morning after pill to reduce the possibility of needing an abortion. Abortion should always be a last resort option. To that end we should also increase support for single parents and children so that if a woman chooses not to abort she can continue to live without fear of how she will pay for everything
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 am

Terabithya wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:So does this mean I can marry the man of my dreams? Thanks catholics!!

No, because you're a man. You can marry the woman of your dreams. You do not feel that form of love towards another man, it might be demonic-induced feelings of lust. Find the love of your life (which is a woman). Pray to God and/or to your holy Guardian Angel to help you.

How to push people away from your religion in one easy step:

Act like this.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:53 am

Terabithya wrote:Unfortunately, New Zealand has a very evil government. I'm surprised that they didn't fully legalize unborn murder until today.

Lmfao if you think New Zealand's government is evil, you wouldn't last a day in America. Our government has murdered "collaterally damaged" thousands of people over the last two decades, overthrew countless governments worldwide and replaced them with puppet dictators, trained and armed terrorists in several nations and used violence and intimidation against protesters at home on multiple occasions. New Zealand can't even dream of competing with my government in the evil contest, and we aren't even near the top of the evil list. That is a tie between China and North Korea.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:54 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Terabithya wrote:Unfortunately, New Zealand has a very evil government. I'm surprised that they didn't fully legalize unborn murder until today.

Lmfao if you think New Zealand's government is evil, you wouldn't last a day in America. Our government has murdered "collaterally damaged" thousands of people over the last two decades, overthrew countless governments worldwide and replaced them with puppet dictators, trained and armed terrorists in several nations and used violence and intimidation against protesters at home on multiple occasions. New Zealand can't even dream of competing with my government in the evil contest, and we aren't even near the top of the evil list. That is a tie between China and North Korea.

I would not be surprised if Terabitrhya thinks Trump is appointed by god and is the pinnacle of Christianity, the same way soo many ameican conservative christians believe

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:55 am

Terabithya wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:So does this mean I can marry the man of my dreams? Thanks catholics!!

No, because you're a man. You can marry the woman of your dreams. You do not feel that form of love towards another man, it might be demonic-induced feelings of lust. Find the love of your life (which is a woman). Pray to God and/or to your holy Guardian Angel to help you.

#1 who are you to say he doesn't feel love toward a man?
#2 prove that the forces of hell are real, and ancedotal stories of "Geezer Butler saw a dark shadow at the end of his bed" don't count.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:56 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Terabithya wrote:

How to push people away from your religion in one easy step:

Act like this.

Don’t worry I was already turned off after getting threatened with hellfire
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I would not be surprised if Terabitrhya thinks Trump is appointed by god and is the pinnacle of Christianity, the same way soo many ameican conservative christians believe

Millions of evangelicals proved they were frauds and hypocrites when they voted for Trump.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:How to push people away from your religion in one easy step:

Act like this.

Don’t worry I was already turned off after getting threatened with hellfire

I got turned off when I read the story of the exodus and realized God killed everyone except the actual guilty party just to punish someone for the slavery of the Israelites.

Innocent children died in that story because God couldn't just pick up the pharoah, throw him into the Mediterranean sea and say "alright Jews, you're free to go." It's amazing how people can read that story and not think the Abrahamic God is a sick fuck who murders kids.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:04 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Don’t worry I was already turned off after getting threatened with hellfire

I got turned off when I read the story of the exodus and realized God killed everyone except the actual guilty party just to punish someone for the slavery of the Israelites.

Innocent children died in that story because God couldn't just pick up the pharoah, throw him into the Mediterranean sea and say "alright Jews, you're free to go." It's amazing how people can read that story and not think the Abrahamic God is a sick fuck who murders kids.

Old Testament God is fucking psychotic.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:09 am

Vassenor wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

God in the Torah/OT is psychotic, NT God is going through therapy but refusing to take his meds, and Qurannic God is relapsing and going on a massive bender.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:11 am

New haven america wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

God in the Torah/OT is psychotic, NT God is going through therapy but refusing to take his meds, and Qurannic God is relapsing and going on a massive bender.

So does that mean the god of the Book of Mormon is high?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:13 am

Thermodolia wrote:
New haven america wrote:God in the Torah/OT is psychotic, NT God is going through therapy but refusing to take his meds, and Qurannic God is relapsing and going on a massive bender.

So does that mean the god of the Book of Mormon is high?

He may or may not have found where Abaddon was staching his End of Days Mushrooms that the locusts pick up.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:17 am

New haven america wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Quranic God is 3 AM Eminem after he breaks out of a rehab facility, does some hard drugs, kills some people and begins speaking in some weird inexplicably accent.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:12 am

A sad day for New Zealand. Jesus wept.

The liberalization of abortion is something I lament. However, the feasibility of an outright ban needs to lead to certain conditions. Most specifically, a society which values life.
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 am

Sundiata wrote:A sad day for New Zealand.

Jesus wept.

I know. How sad it is that women finally have total control over their own bodies. :roll:
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:20 am

Sundiata wrote:A sad day for New Zealand.

Jesus wept.

How can he weep? He hasn't been around in 2000 years.

Ayro Va
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayro Va » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 am

The abortion is very tricky for me, because if God is real & a faetus does have a soul and is alive by non-verifiable circumstances, then I don't want abortion to happen, but if God isn't real & faetus's aren't officially human and you wouldn't go to hell for aborting them, then it should be a woman's choice. But I'm really uncertain as to which of the two options I believe.
Last edited by Ayro Va on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Workers of all lands, unite!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General