NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Well, any nucleic cell. But yes, scratching your nose is genocide.

Gametes, with 23 chromosome pairs.

Yes, obviously those too. But not, for instance, red blood cells. Which are non-nucleic.
Last edited by Neanderthaland on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Godular wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Gametes, with 23 chromosome pairs.

Erm... if they have 23 chromosome pairs they're not gametes.

Maybe not for you!
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Godular wrote:
Polding wrote:Fetuses are human, the distinction that humans must be born to be human is entirely arbitrary (how does birth confer ‘human-ness’?). Ergo, Kat. believes that it is perfectly fine to murder humans in their infancy, which are called ‘babies’ and ‘children’ because most people aren’t anal-retentive and fetuses are so near children that they will be children if they weren’t aborted.

Not arbitrary at all. It's a rather important part of the legal definition.

That’s crazy bro, but I don’t remember fuckin askin.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Godular wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Gametes, with 23 chromosome pairs.

Picky, picky.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Polding wrote:
Godular wrote:

Whether you ask or not is irrelevant. You're relying on this presumption of arbitrarity of the distinction when it is not so.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Polding wrote:
Godular wrote:

Whether you asked is entirely arbitrary.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Godular wrote:

Picky, picky.

pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Picky, picky.

Don't drag your liberal diplotic agenda into this discussion.

Fine, I made a mistake ... sheesh.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Polding wrote:Fetuses are human, the distinction that humans must be born to be human is entirely arbitrary (how does birth confer ‘human-ness’?).

It doesn't, and no one is arguing that. What is at debate is what makes a human being.
Ergo, Kat. believes that it is perfectly fine to murder humans in their infancy, which are called ‘babies’ and ‘children’ because most people aren’t anal-retentive and fetuses are so near children that they will be children if they weren’t aborted.

A seed is so near a flower that it would be one if it was planted, yet I doubt you'll find many people who peddle bouquets of seeds.

That is exactly what is being argued when people believe humans can be legitimately killed before they are born. A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’; therefore, the unborn baby isn’t human but a parasitic entity. But seeds will flourish into flowers, thus they are called flower seeds.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Polding wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:It doesn't, and no one is arguing that. What is at debate is what makes a human being.

A seed is so near a flower that it would be one if it was planted, yet I doubt you'll find many people who peddle bouquets of seeds.

That is exactly what is being argued when people believe humans can be legitimately killed before they are born. A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’; therefore, the unborn baby isn’t human but a parasitic entity. But seeds will flourish into flowers, thus they are called flower seeds.

Even if we were to give fetuses the same rights as born persons, they'd still have no right to remain within the woman's body without her consent.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong. Children have been born. Fetuses that have not been born are not children. Abortion affects fetuses, not children. Ergo, your statement that Kat supports the murder of children is inaccurate.

Fetuses are human, the distinction that humans must be born to be human is entirely arbitrary (how does birth confer ‘human-ness’?). Ergo, Kat. believes that it is perfectly fine to murder humans in their infancy, which are called ‘babies’ and ‘children’ because most people aren’t anal-retentive and fetuses are so near children that they will be children if they weren’t aborted.

If you aren't willing to abide by some basic definitions and use them interchangeably when they are not interchangeable then that is entirely on you.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Godular wrote:
Polding wrote:That is exactly what is being argued when people believe humans can be legitimately killed before they are born. A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’; therefore, the unborn baby isn’t human but a parasitic entity. But seeds will flourish into flowers, thus they are called flower seeds.

Even if we were to give fetuses the same rights as born persons, they'd still have no right to remain within the woman's body without her consent.

They can be forgiven for not being able to ask, I’m sure, mon ami!

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:16 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Polding wrote:Fetuses are human, the distinction that humans must be born to be human is entirely arbitrary (how does birth confer ‘human-ness’?). Ergo, Kat. believes that it is perfectly fine to murder humans in their infancy, which are called ‘babies’ and ‘children’ because most people aren’t anal-retentive and fetuses are so near children that they will be children if they weren’t aborted.

If you aren't willing to abide by some basic definitions and use them interchangeably when they are not interchangeable then that is entirely on you.

Its entirely on you that you work under definitions that are wrong.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Polding wrote:A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’

That is not what is being said. Nobody here denies that the fetus is human in that it features human cells etc. The issue here is whether it is a human being, i.e. a person.

But as Godular just said, that is ultimately irrelevant anyway if we give the fetus the same rights as born persons, as that doesn't grant them a right to remain in the woman without her consent.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Polding wrote:
Godular wrote:

Being unable to ask (sleeping) still does not excuse putting your dick in somebody else without consent.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you aren't willing to abide by some basic definitions and use them interchangeably when they are not interchangeable then that is entirely on you.

Except they aren't wrong though, as has been repeatedly shown in the previous abortion threads.

Wave on, wave on

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Polding wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:It doesn't, and no one is arguing that. What is at debate is what makes a human being.

Did you even read what I said? Particularly the word being?

Polding wrote:
Godular wrote:

Hmmm, I wonder why they can't?

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you aren't willing to abide by some basic definitions and use them interchangeably when they are not interchangeable then that is entirely on you.

Says the person who has been murdering the word "arbitrary."

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong. Children have been born. Fetuses that have not been born are not children. Abortion affects fetuses, not children. Ergo, your statement that Kat supports the murder of children is inaccurate.

Fetuses are human, the distinction that humans must be born to be human is entirely arbitrary (how does birth confer ‘human-ness’?). Ergo, Kat. believes that it is perfectly fine to murder humans in their infancy, which are called ‘babies’ and ‘children’ because most people aren’t anal-retentive and fetuses are so near children that they will be children if they weren’t aborted.

Birth confers "human-ness" because a metabolizing organism is by definition not alive if they are unable to maintain homeostasis in a neutral environment. They are, for all reasonable definitions, dead. This is similar to how we do not describe a virus as "alive" even though they meet some classifications of life, because they do not meet all of them.

Also of note is that Scientific American article states "A metabolically active sack, devoid of genetic material and the potential for propagation, is also not alive." They are talking in the context of viruses, but "a metabolically active sack" is actually a pretty damn good description of a fetus.
Last edited by Cisairse on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:21 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Neither is tolerating promiscuity.

You still have yet to explain what the big deal about that is.

It's deceptive, degrading, and one of the worst things to do with someone you're not married with because it's the false expression of love.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You still have yet to explain what the big deal about that is.

It's deceptive, degrading, and one of the worst things to do with someone you're not married with because it's the false expression of love.

Who are you to pronounce what's love and what's not love? The arrogant presumption on display here is making me nauseous.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:23 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Polding wrote:A human being is only ‘human’ after it is born, therefore birth confers ‘Human-ness’

That is not what is being said. Nobody here denies that the fetus is human in that it features human cells etc. The issue here is whether it is a human being, i.e. a person.

But as Godular just said, that is ultimately irrelevant anyway if we give the fetus the same rights as born persons, as that doesn't grant them a right to remain in the woman without her consent.

That’s exactly the argument. You acknowledge that it possesses ‘human cells’ but do not acknowledge it as a ‘human being’. That is a denial of ‘human-ness’, thus making it a parasitic organism. The organism only assumes the status of ‘human being’ after or during birth; the only conclusion, then, is that birth confers ‘human-ness’.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You still have yet to explain what the big deal about that is.

There's other ways to express love. Sexuality is, generally, a way to experience pleasure. And one of the cheapest ways, too.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Sundiata wrote:

Considering that you have previously said that love can only exist within marriage we'll take that with a big pinch of salt.

Wave on, wave on

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Sundiata wrote:

It's deceptive,

How? To whom?
degrading,

How? To whom?
and one of the worst things to do with someone you're not married with because it's the false expression of love.

I'm not even sure what you mean by a "false expression of love."

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Are there any females in here who are against abortions?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General