NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Polding wrote:‘This trouble has come to pass by deceit of the ancient enemy who always grudges, always hates good deeds. No concession should ever be made to him.’

I don't see what Trump has to do with this.

it's a joke it's a joke calm down

Don’t worry, I know. My own comment is meant to be facetious, if true somewhat to my opinion, it’s from St. Ardo’s Life of St. Benedict of Aniane and doesn’t have anything to do with abortion in the text (though it fits rather well, non?)
New haven america wrote:
Polding wrote:‘This trouble has come to pass by deceit of the ancient enemy who always grudges, always hates good deeds. No concession should ever be made to him.’

Except God created everything.

Kind of a big part of being omnipotent, and how dare you claim the Holy Father didn't invent something he obviously did.

Your question is just an obvious snare set out for me; so that, when I answer, you may flaunt your ignorance about Christianity, Islam or Judaism or [insert religion here] and wear me down until I give up. I’ll ignore you instead.
Last edited by Polding on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:48 pm

Polding wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
I don't see what Trump has to do with this.

it's a joke it's a joke calm down

Don’t worry, I know. My own comment is meant to be facetious, if true somewhat to my opinion.
New haven america wrote:Except God created everything.

Kind of a big part of being omnipotent, and how dare you claim the Holy Father didn't invent something he obviously did.

Your question is just an obvious snare set out for me; so that, when I answer, you may flaunt your ignorance about Christianity, Islam or Judaism or [insert religion here] and wear me down until I give up. I’ll ignore you instead.

Thank you for admitting that your argument sucks.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:48 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Fun fact: Adam could grow wheat. Bread is the first thing he ever ate on Earth.

Uhm, I know it's a bit of a derail but what did he eat while the field was growing or the process of building the tools for making bread was going on?

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:And it's always a shame.

Yep, accidently falling down is now premeditated murder.

We both know that isn't true, however, it's always unfortunate.
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Have you realised that I refused permission for your God to occupy my mind long, long ago yet?

Irrelevant. Even if the whole world turns crazy enough to dismiss His existence, He would still exist.

Albrenia wrote:
So that story isn't a metaphor for humans moving from hunter-gatherer (Abel) state to settle and start farming (Cain)?

Fun fact: Adam could grow wheat. Bread is the first thing he ever ate on Earth.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:A bad fall is now premeditated murder.

Throwing a rock at someone's head =/ a bad fall.

Try telling that to the ancient Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Hindus, Shinto, Greeks, Romans, Norse, etc...
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:50 pm

Why don't all pro-lifers become Buddhist hermits who refuses to squash even ants? Would be at least consistent.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:50 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:Yep, accidently falling down is now premeditated murder.

We both know that isn't true.

Except you yourself said accidently having a bad fall and losing a pregnancy because of it is the same as murder.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:51 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Why don't all pro-lifers become Buddhist hermits who refuses to squash even ants? Would be at least consistent.

Isn't there one religion which actually does that at its most extreme end? Jainism or somesuch?

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Why don't all pro-lifers become Buddhist hermits who refuses to squash even ants? Would be at least consistent.

Jainism is the specific religion you're looking for, and incorporates a lot of ideas from both Hinduism and Buddhism.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 pm

I do feel a little sad when I unnecessarily kill ants.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 pm

There's a lot to be said for the dignity of non-human animals, however, human dignity should certainly be our chief concern today.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 pm

Albrenia wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Fun fact: Adam could grow wheat. Bread is the first thing he ever ate on Earth.

Uhm, I know it's a bit of a derail but what did he eat while the field was growing or the process of building the tools for making bread was going on?

God knows best. I think he probably held on to his hunger, but that's just me. He kept on asking Gabriel whether he could eat what he had (first it was the seed, then the stalks of wheat, and so on), and it said no until he had the bread. Of course, he could have hunted in the meantime, but still, agriculture is as old as humanity is. Humans were ridiculously tough back then, so my theory of him fasting that long isn't that far off.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 pm

Sundiata wrote:

There's a lot to be said for the dignity of non-human animals, however, human dignity should certainly be our chief concern today.

Nah, there are 7.5 billion of us and Earth's carrying capacity is only ~9 billion.

We don't need any more.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:We both know that isn't true.

Except you yourself said accidently having a bad fall and losing a pregnancy because of it is the same as murder.

No.

My friend, an accidental fall is not an abortion.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

God knows best. I think he probably held on to his hunger, but that's just me. He kept on asking Gabriel whether he could eat what he had (first it was the seed, then the stalks of wheat, and so on), and it said no until he had the bread. Of course, he could have hunted in the meantime, but still, agriculture is as old as humanity is. Humans were ridiculously tough back then, so my theory of him fasting that long isn't that far off.

Except he needed to learn how to make the bread, which he wouldn't be able to do if Adam didn't eat the Apple which provided humanity knowledge of the world.

So no, in this case he doesn't know best because he tried his hardest to keep humanity from learning about technology and farming.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:Except you yourself said accidently having a bad fall and losing a pregnancy because of it is the same as murder.

No.

Yep, you did in black and white.

Gaslighting isn't a good look.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 pm

New haven america wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Except he needed to learn how to make the bread, which he would be able to do if Adam didn't eat the Apple.

So no, in this case he doesn't no best because he tried his hardest to keep humanity from learning about technology and farming.

Almost sounds like this Abrahamitic Deity was trying to keep humanity blissfully unaware of its gilded prison.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
New haven america wrote:Except he needed to learn how to make the bread, which he would be able to do if Adam didn't eat the Apple.

So no, in this case he doesn't no best because he tried his hardest to keep humanity from learning about technology and farming.

Almost sounds like this Abrahamitic Deity was trying to keep humanity blissfully unaware of its gilded prison.

Yes, that is an accurate summation of the situation.

He mainly created humans because he wasn't happy enough having a bunch of Angels to worship him and wanted more.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Whatever your views on abortion, this is not the time to legalise it. All the people who couldn't legally abortions will flood the system with requests for abortions, and more undo stress is all that the system needs. Wait till bloody fucking Covid-19 dies down

As far as I'm aware it's a fairly narrow time frame where one can get an abortion under these changes, so I'd honestly be extremely surprised if there would be a flood.

Considering other elective surgeries are being canned here, across the ditch, I think that even tiny changes would be catastrophic
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:No.

Yep, you did in black and white.

Abortion and the termination of a pregnancy is always a shame but an accidental fall is not an abortion.
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 pm

New haven america wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Almost sounds like this Abrahamitic Deity was trying to keep humanity blissfully unaware of its gilded prison.

Yes, that is correct.

He mainly created humans because he wasn't happy enough having a bunch of Angels to worship him as well and wanted more.

Sounds like I was correct in that the Japanese creation myth is more aesthetically pleasing than the tale of a control-freak psychopath.

MT/MagicT

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:59 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
New haven america wrote:Yes, that is correct.

He mainly created humans because he wasn't happy enough having a bunch of Angels to worship him as well and wanted more.

Sounds like I was correct in that the Japanese creation myth is more aesthetically pleasing than the tale of a control-freak psychopath.

A lot of creation myths are nicer than The Abrahamic creation myth.

Though, the Abrahamic Creation Theory did inspire The Big Bang Theory. (Not the show)
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:00 am

New haven america wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Except he needed to learn how to make the bread, which he would be able to do if Adam didn't eat the Apple.

Gabriel taught him first hand. Also, khuldi isn't exactly an apple. Nobody knows what it is, it being compared to an apple is actually a relatively recent thing.

Seriously though, if God didn't want humans to learn about technology, why would the prophet ask us to?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 am

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:Yep, you did in black and white.

Abortion and the termination of a pregnancy is always a shame but an accidental fall is not an abortion.

Except you said it was, so stop gaslighting.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 am

A m e n r i a wrote:why would the prophet ask us to?

Simple, military necessity.

MT/MagicT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General