NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I already do, in fact, I do both. It's how I live my Catholic faith.

Action speak louder than words and you spend pretty much every abortion thread you go into claiming that it's evil.

Also, since you ignored them the first time: If God didn't want abortions to happen then why did he invent it? How do you know abortions aren't part of God's plan?

Abortion is evil.

That said, my understanding is that our capacity for evil is a consequence of our free will. As for God's ultimate plan, no person can possibly comprehend its totality but we can know certain aspects. If you'd like to continue this conversation let's move to the Christian discussion thread.

Thank you.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:Action speak louder than words and you spend pretty much every abortion thread you go into claiming that it's evil.

Also, since you ignored them the first time: If God didn't want abortions to happen then why did he invent it? How do you know abortions aren't part of God's plan?

1. Abortion is evil.

2. That said, my understanding is that our capacity for evil is a consequence of our free will. 3. As for God's ultimate plan, no person can possibly comprehend its totality but we can know certain aspects. If you'd like to continue this conversation let's move to the Christian discussion thread.

Thank you.

1. How do you know it is? It wasn't invented by Satan, it was mad by God. If he was so deadest on keeping children alive then why didn't he make it so abortions are impossible to perform?
2. Free will doesn't exist when you have an omnipotent being running the show.
3. So then how do you know abortion isn't part of that plan? Well, you don't, and claiming that you do know is a big no-no. You of all people should know that fact.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:04 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:1. Abortion is evil.

2. That said, my understanding is that our capacity for evil is a consequence of our free will. 3. As for God's ultimate plan, no person can possibly comprehend its totality but we can know certain aspects. If you'd like to continue this conversation let's move to the Christian discussion thread.

Thank you.

1. How do you know it is? It wasn't invented by Satan, it was mad by God. If he was so deadest on keeping children alive then why didn't he make it so abortions are impossible to perform?
3. So then how do you know abortion isn't part of that plan? Well, you don't, and claiming that you do know is a big no-no. You of all people should know that fact.

My response will resume in the Christian discussion thread.

Thank you
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. How do you know it is? It wasn't invented by Satan, it was mad by God. If he was so deadest on keeping children alive then why didn't he make it so abortions are impossible to perform?

My response will resume in the Christian discussion thread.

No it won't because you're using religion to based your argument against abortion in an abortion thread.

If you think abortion is wrong on religious grounds and NZ is making a mistake, prove it here and don't prove it at all and show how flimsy your argument is.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:My response will resume in the Christian discussion thread.

No it won't because you're using religion to based your argument against abortion in an abortion thread.

If you think abortion is wrong on religious grounds and NZ is making a mistake, prove it here and don't prove it at all and show how flimsy your argument is.

I would like to continue this conversation in earnest but I doubt this is the appropriate location to discuss nuanced theology. Ultimately, my basis for trying to do what's right in this life is God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit whom I love with my whole heart.

Let's carry this portion of our conversation elsewhere. Please.
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:No it won't because you're using religion to based your argument against abortion in an abortion thread.

1. I would like to continue this conversation in earnest but I doubt this is the appropriate location to discuss nuanced theology. Ultimately, my basis for trying to do what's right in this life is God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit whom I love with my whole heart.

2. Let's carry this portion of our conversation elsewhere. Please.

1. Well then how do you know God didn't invent abortion and intend it to be used considering actually aborting a fetus nearly as difficult as it apparently should be.
2. No, this is how it's going to go: You either prove your argument correct with your chosen viewpoint (Religion) or you don't and prove to the rest of us that religion isn't a good reason to oppose abortion.

Your call.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:1. I would like to continue this conversation in earnest but I doubt this is the appropriate location to discuss nuanced theology. Ultimately, my basis for trying to do what's right in this life is God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit whom I love with my whole heart.

2. Let's carry this portion of our conversation elsewhere. Please.

1. Well then how do you know God didn't invent abortion and intend it to be used considering actually aborting a fetus nearly as difficult as it apparently should be.
2. No, this is how it's going to go: You either prove your argument correct with your chosen viewpoint (Religion) or you don't and prove to the rest of us that religion isn't a good reason to oppose abortion.

Your call.

I answered your question in the Christian discussion thread because the scope of your question exceeds the specific context of abortion law reform in New Zealand.

Thank you.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Godular wrote:
Could always just advocate for policies that encourage a woman to keep an unplanned pregnancy, rather than just trying to stop her from getting an abortion if/when she decides she cannot afford to carry it to term. Just sayin’

I already do.

So, no trying to get it banned then, hmm?
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Can we talk about how 68,000 women were dying yearly from unsafe abortion in 2009? Can we talk about how these are 68,000 deaths/a too many?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Godular wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I already do.

No, abortion should certainly be banned, however, our responsibility to one another extends further than that. We have to eliminate the conditions that create incentives for it in the first place.

In the economic sphere, that ultimately means balancing wealth creation with wealth distribution.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Meikaii
Attaché

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Meikaii » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Now if only America could get its shit together.
Ashamed to be an American.
Saving up to escape. It's hard.
Trapped here against my will.
Love it or leave it?
Pay for it and I'll proudly leave.
It sucks having integrity and decency
When power doesn't.
{I rarely look at replies so enjoy shouting into the wind}

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:44 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Godular wrote:

No, abortion should certainly be banned,

Are you having fun with indirectly murdering 50,000 women a year yet?

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:48 pm

I personally am generally against abortion as a concept, but I'm firmly Pro-Choice in the sense that I recognize it's not my choice nor really should there be stringent laws against abortion.

I think generally abortion rates correlate highly with a number of socio-economic factors, and it's unfortunate. Having a country with a solid social safety net and adequate healthcare, etc etc, does more to lessen the number of non-emergency abortions than would a government ban or extra restrictions.

So, in short, I'm supportive of the abortion law reform.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Sundiata wrote:No, abortion should certainly be banned,

Are you having fun with indirectly murdering 50,000 women a year yet?

Excuse me?
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Are you having fun with indirectly murdering 50,000 women a year yet?

Excuse me?

68,000 women per year were dying of unsafe abortions back in 2009. It could be 0.

MT/MagicT

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Sundiata wrote:Excuse me?

68,000 women per year were dying of unsafe abortions back in 2009. It could be 0.

In 2016 alone, the CDC reported 623,471 abortions. It could be 0.

Abortion is murder.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:68,000 women per year were dying of unsafe abortions back in 2009. It could be 0.

In 2016 alone, the CDC reported 623,471 abortions. It could be 0.

Abortion is murder.

Are you seriously trying to compete with actual dying people in a gruesome Death Olympics?

MT/MagicT

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Sundiata wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Well then how do you know God didn't invent abortion and intend it to be used considering actually aborting a fetus nearly as difficult as it apparently should be.

Your call.

I answered your question in the Christian discussion thread because the scope of your question exceeds the specific context of abortion law reform in New Zealand.

Thank you.

Got it, so you admit that religion isn't a good argument against abortion.

Thank you~
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Meikaii wrote:Now if only America could get its shit together.

America did get it's shit together in the 60's.

And then states realized that they couldn't outright ban it, but limit it enough to basically be completely ineffective.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Sundiata wrote:In 2016 alone, the CDC reported 623,471 abortions. It could be 0.

Abortion is murder.

Are you seriously trying to compete with actual dying people in a gruesome Death Olympics?

I'm trying to express the magnitude of our failure toward these dying people, including the unborn.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Are you seriously trying to compete with actual dying people in a gruesome Death Olympics?

I'm trying to express the magnitude of our failure toward these dying people, including the unborn.

Do the unborn give a damn ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Are you seriously trying to compete with actual dying people in a gruesome Death Olympics?

How do you know it's not part of God's plan for them?

After all, he has no problem killing people who exist outside of the womb, why would he give a shit about fetuses?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Sundiata wrote:In 2016 alone, the CDC reported 623,471 abortions. It could be 0.

Abortion is murder.

You can minimise the deaths in both cases by never conducting abortions.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Polding wrote:

The Sun would sooner explode by an Act of God than that happening.

MT/MagicT

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Polding wrote:

And also treating women and girls with dignity.
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General