NATION

PASSWORD

One good thing, and one bad thing about certain politicians

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Totzka
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Totzka » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Chuck one out there for Britain

Boris Johnson
Good: Charismatic, strong leader, capable of actually leading the Tories. Fairly good at handling the press
Bad: Is a buffoonish stereotype of the English upper class, general lack of principles, liar, basically just a ruthless POS beneath a blonde mop.

Jeremy Corbyn:
Good: Some principles, name can be chanted to the tune of Seven Nation Army.
Bad: Principles and ideology are stuck in the 1970s, associated with the worse elements of the British Left, seems to have a fondness for anyone who opposes British/Western foreign policy including anti-semites, deniers of the Bosnian genocide and IRA.

Nicola Sturgeon
Good: Protected the NHS in Scotland
Bad: Is Scottish, Uncomfortable about committing to Scottish nationalism (wanted to change the word national in the Scottish National Party), Main strategy for achieving Scottish independence is to hope Boris says yes to Indyref2

Joe Swinson:
Good: I may agree with her about Brexit but don't tell anyone
Bad: arrogance and disconnect with reality

Sir Keir Starmer
Good: Seems like a safe, moderate pair of hands for the Labour Party
Bad: Bland, lack of fresh ideas

Rebecca Long-Bailey
Good: Puts green policy front and centre, wants to abolish the House of Lords
Bad: Basically Corbyn 2.0 and probably unelectable

Lisa Nandy:
Good: Dynamic leader prepared to learn from the Labour party's failures in 2019
Bad: Honestly don't know enough about her so i'm probably projecting what I want in a leader onto her.
Last edited by New Totzka on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Previous nation of the Tsunterlands, kept alive for WA purposes

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:08 pm

TRUMP
Hard to stick with just one of each for Trump!

Trump - Good: Extremely intelligent. Dolts who can't hope to understand him have the utter nerve to call him stupid! I've been on the wrong end of that sort of smear at times, so I sympathize with Trump. TOTALLY. Just look at who loses when they come up against Trump and you'll see: The ones who insult him are always the ones who "just magically" end up with all of the eggs on their own faces. It really isn't magic, though. He can run circles around them all, and does.

The bad - His strategy of branding every opponent with a grade-schooler nickname works chillingly great, but it's also sooo cringe.

Pelosi

Good - I can't think of one good thing about Pelosi.

Bad - Only one thing?!? She's a giant hypocrite for belittling Trump's way of acting and then pulling that 2-year-old's speech-tearing stunt herself. Either you're better, or you're not. She now is obviously NOT, so she can just shut up and go away please.

AOC

Good - Young and managed to win against a formerly-entrenched Dem.

Bad - She's got NO damn sense!

Biden

Good - Seems calmer all around and unlikely to try to make the country into any kind of hellhole, be it a fascist one or a commie one.

Bad - Dementia. I'll say it full out. He's got it. This one is expired, and it'd be a mistake to let him in office. It's one thing for a politician to knowingly do things some voters don't like, and it's quite another for one to literally not have any idea what he's doing anymore.

Bernie

Good - He's got fire.

Bad - He's a barely crypto'd commie that'd destroy the economy in two seconds flat and then say that's good because it brought "income equality." Not flying here. I've had enough brokeness in my life, and I don't want any more, regardless if everyone else would be broke along with me. He can GTFO with a rocket-powered assist.

Bloomberg

Good - Rich enough to not have to pander to any lobbyists.

Bad - Stop n' Frisk and other assorted racism.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Holy Roman Empires2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Roman Empires2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm

New Totzka wrote:Chuck one out there for Britain

Boris Johnson
Good: Charismatic, strong leader, capable of actually leading the Tories. Fairly good at handling the press
Bad: Is a buffoonish stereotype of the English upper class, general lack of principles, liar, basically just a ruthless POS beneath a blonde mop.

Jeremy Corbyn:
Good: Some principles, name can be chanted to the tune of Seven Nation Army.
Bad: Principles and ideology are stuck in the 1970s, associated with the worse elements of the British Left, seems to have a fondness for anyone who opposes British/Western foreign policy including anti-semites, deniers of the Bosnian genocide and IRA.

Nicola Sturgeon
Good: Protected the NHS in Scotland
Bad: Is Scottish, Uncomfortable about committing to Scottish nationalism (wanted to change the word national in the Scottish National Party), Main strategy for achieving Scottish independence is to hope Boris says yes to Indyref2

Joe Swinson:
Good: I may agree with her about Brexit but don't tell anyone
Bad: arrogance and disconnect with reality

Sir Keir Starmer
Good: Seems like a safe, moderate pair of hands for the Labour Party
Bad: Bland, lack of fresh ideas

Rebecca Long-Bailey
Good: Puts green policy front and centre, wants to abolish the House of Lords
Bad: Basically Corbyn 2.0 and probably unelectable

Lisa Nandy:
Good: Dynamic leader prepared to learn from the Labour party's failures in 2019
Bad: Honestly don't know enough about her so i'm probably projecting what I want in a leader onto her.

Finally. an English chap!
Founder of The Monarchy alliance, a roleplayer, and likes politics.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:TRUMP

Trump - Good: Extremely intelligent. Dolts who can't hope to understand him have the utter nerve to call him stupid! I've been on the wrong end of that sort of smear at times, so I sympathize with Trump. TOTALLY. Just look at who loses when they come up against Trump and you'll see: The ones who insult him are always the ones who "just magically" end up with all of the eggs on their own faces. It really isn't magic, though. He can run circles around them all, and does.

[...]

*** Warned *** for trolling.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Santheres wrote:
Victorious Decepticons wrote:TRUMP

[...]

Oops :oops:

Wrecked a years-long flawless record. I was riled up after seeing a massive amount of, um, unintelligent commentary on Twitter.

Ah, well.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Trump

Good: Has the right kind of enemies and his heart is in the right place

Bad: Basically did nothing when he had the chance and cozied up to people who hate him, to the detriment of his own base
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:President Joe Kennedy III

Pro: Is a Kennedy. Is Irish Catholic. Has AOC as VP. Follows some of the late Bernie Sanders' propositions and signs them into full effect. Gave Native American tribes limited federal power against corporations. Arrested Acting President Pence for the murder of Jeffrey Epstein. Charged the Trumps for Donald's funeral (first deceased POTUS not granted a state funeral.) Enacted the Buffer State policy where Latin American immigration was limited to bordering states (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas; Only Texas declined to participate.) Abolished ICE in favor of having the U.S. Marshals join AMERIPOL, thus strengthening relationships with Latin America. Revoked recognition of the UK, which led to to the England-Celtic nations wars, which resulted in the overthrowing of London, and the foundation of the Celtic Commonwealth of Scotland, Wales, and Cornwall. England became a sovereign nation, lost its monarchial powers over the likes of Canada and Australia, and Northern Ireland was absorbed by the Republic.

Con: Was subjected to many assassination attempts by British intelligence. Is also the biological father of Billie Eilish.

I don't know what this is or where it belongs but this is NSG - an Out-Of-Character subforum.

Damn, I thought this was the year 2026. Ah, well.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Mettaton-EX
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mettaton-EX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:25 pm

donald trump:
bad - where do you even start lmao. i'm gonna say building a racism-inspired border wall that is wrecking both environmental and native cultural treasures
good - too incompetent to get half his agenda done

joe biden:
bad - the racism and friendships with segregationist leaders
good - is good enough at networking with local politicians that he could plausibly win

bernie sanders:
bad - often falls into the trap of class reductionism
good - has the best platform of any major candidate in decades, especially the partial employee ownership thing

angela merkel:
bad - continued the erosion of the social safety net and hasn't been nearly serious enough on climate change
good - has been a much-needed source of stability in german and e.u. politics

winfried kretschmann:
good - has done a lot to widen the appeal of green politics
bad - did this by surrendering to fundamentally anti-environmentalist capitalist ideology
THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تقتل الفاشيين
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

Holy Roman Empires2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Roman Empires2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:
Santheres wrote:

Oops :oops:

Wrecked a years-long flawless record. I was riled up after seeing a massive amount of, um, unintelligent commentary on Twitter.

Ah, well.[/quote
Only 2 more posting in a political forum?

#blessed
Founder of The Monarchy alliance, a roleplayer, and likes politics.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General