NATION

PASSWORD

Wisconsin shooting leaves five dead

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Still not much info. Still one article says two handguns of which one had a silencer.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:14 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Still not much info. Still one article says two handguns of which one had a silencer.....

It's probably because they're becoming so common that a mass shooting in and of itself is no longer newsworthy. Mass shootings in the States may as well be as American as apple pie.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pm

Luziyca wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Still not much info. Still one article says two handguns of which one had a silencer.....

It's probably because they're becoming so common that a mass shooting in and of itself is no longer newsworthy. Mass shootings in the States may as well be as American as apple pie.

With extended magazines.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Luziyca wrote:

Kinda like violence in say, Chicago, is now......
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Luziyca wrote:It's probably because they're becoming so common that a mass shooting in and of itself is no longer newsworthy. Mass shootings in the States may as well be as American as apple pie.

Gang-related violence in Chicago is now the Exact Same Thing as a Coors employee going postal in a place not known for frequent violence. Nice whataboutism.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Gang-related violence in Chicago is now the Exact Same Thing as a Coors employee going postal in a place not known for frequent violence. Nice whataboutism.

Nice strawman. Make him yourself or did he come with the rest of your usual bulk order?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Luziyca wrote:

It's more the 'Handgun' thing.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Coors Light is the shittiest light beer ever.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

South Side Chicago violence is not mostly gang-related. A lot of is just people going postal or trying to blow someone away "cuz he was frontin".
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:06 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Reasons not given yet. The weapon used was not announced as well.

Sad. Might be a layoff as he was older.....

This is what I suspect tbh

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:27 pm

It looks like the shooter was in a long-running feud with a coworker and then snapped.
source
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

New Raffica
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2013

Postby New Raffica » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:Mass shooting is bad
Again we must have the same
Debate as last time
Proud member of Icarus

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Luziyca wrote:

Tfw several American cities are basically in a state of war.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Gang-related violence in Chicago is now the Exact Same Thing as a Coors employee going postal in a place not known for frequent violence. Nice whataboutism.

South Side Chicago violence is not mostly gang-related. A lot of is just people going postal or trying to blow someone away "cuz he was frontin".

Around 90% of gun violence in Chicago is gang related
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
If (and I emphasize on the IF) it was a layoff, shooting at people is quite the overreaction.

Ruin my life, I will ruin yours, isnt the most unreasonable thing out there.

I mean far better to sneak a large amount of LSD into the beer. The law suits would likely bankrupt the company.

If your beer was dosed by LSD call Greed and Death to get all the money you deserve.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:03 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Ruin my life, I will ruin yours, isnt the most unreasonable thing out there.

I mean far better to sneak a large amount of LSD into the beer. The law suits would likely bankrupt the company.

If your beer was dosed by LSD call Greed and Death to get all the money you deserve.

That'll just boost the popularity of Coors.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:09 pm

ban guns no give everyone guns it's constitutional to ban them no it isn't stop politicizing a tragedy i think we can all at least agree this is terrible guns kill people people kill people i wonder why they did it what kind of gun did they use congress should do something congress won't do something

alright, I think that covers just about everything? :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:16 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:I mean far better to sneak a large amount of LSD into the beer. The law suits would likely bankrupt the company.

That'll just boost the popularity of Coors.

Coors needs LSD to make it interesting.

My relatives were into it at one time because you couldn’t get it in Michigan.

It is what the Europeans call piss water.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:17 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Gormwood wrote:That'll just boost the popularity of Coors.

Any new developments?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Any new developments?

Not really. There is a claim of a fight with a coworker show claimed he wasted time watching movies on his phone.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Any new developments?

Not really. There is a claim of a fight with a coworker show claimed he wasted time watching movies on his phone.

Ah well, sounds like your layoff theory could have some weight. Hopefully we’ll know more soon.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Any new developments?

Guy later claimed his coworkers bugged his home. Clearly the type who should be carrying a gun.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Gormwood wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Guy later claimed his coworkers bugged his home. Clearly the type who should be carrying a gun.

How else will you stop people from bugging your home ?
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:34 pm

More lives saved by guns.
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 pm

the tree of liberty demands the blood of tyrants
so they must be tyrannical indeed

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General