NATION

PASSWORD

Sexual Orientation Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your sexual orientation?

Heterosexual (straight)
43%
Heteroflexible (mostly straight)
12%
Bisexual
16%
Homoflexible (mostly gay/lesbian)
4%
Homosexual (gay/lesbian)
14%
Asexual (ace)
6%
Gray Asexual (gray ace)
5%

Total votes : 240

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 am

Inner Firatrundessia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:you can be bi and heteroromantic (i.e. only want to date people of the opposite gender), so she's not necessarily lying
thanks,
someone who is

Hetero"romantic" is a term from the 'asexual' community, which is 99% made up of straight people

Asexual: Not having sexual feelings toward others : not experiencing sexual desire or attraction

Heterosexual: Of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to or between people of the opposite sex

You might as well have said that the atheist community is 99% made up of Baptists.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu May 21, 2020 2:22 am

Jedi Council wrote:
Inner Firatrundessia wrote:Hetero"romantic" is a term from the 'asexual' community, which is 99% made up of straight people

Asexual: Not having sexual feelings toward others : not experiencing sexual desire or attraction

Heterosexual: Of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to or between people of the opposite sex

You might as well have said that the atheist community is 99% made up of Baptists.

Cool, I am part of the 1%
The Blaatschapen should resign

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu May 21, 2020 2:49 am

Jedi Council wrote:
Inner Firatrundessia wrote:Hetero"romantic" is a term from the 'asexual' community, which is 99% made up of straight people

"...characterized by sexual OR ROMANTIC attraction to or between people of the opposite sex"
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Meremos Alloriumenion
Secretary

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Meremos Alloriumenion » Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 am

I am straight as an arrow and proud of it!

Alorgaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Alorgaze » Sat May 23, 2020 3:57 am

Fartsniffage wrote:I sexually identify as a mistake.

It do be like that.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:I sexually identify as a mistake.

Yes.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Jedi Council wrote:

That's not how that works.

Fun fact, sexual, romantic, and emotional attraction are all different things.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:07 pm

Name me one - just one - organised religion that never persecuted the LGBT community, both past and present.

You can't.
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality

Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Palmyrion wrote:Name me one - just one - organised religion that never persecuted the LGBT community, both past and present.

You can't.

I mean Japanese Shintoism for the most part has never been actively homophobic, but I get your point.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Palmyrion wrote:Name me one - just one - organised religion that never persecuted the LGBT community, both past and present.

You can't.

Quakers. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single instance, past or present, where their attitude and/or actions towards the LGBT community can be termed "persecution".
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

You can't.

Quakers. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single instance, past or present, where their attitude and/or actions towards the LGBT community can be termed "persecution".

Do Quakers in and of themselves constitute an organised religion? I thought they were a subset of Christianity.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:22 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Quakers. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single instance, past or present, where their attitude and/or actions towards the LGBT community can be termed "persecution".

Do Quakers in and of themselves constitute an organised religion? I thought they were a subset of Christianity.

I would say so, yes. Personally I would argue that it is distinct enough to be classed as an organised religion in its own right. And the general attitude towards them in the Christian Discussion Thread is "they aren't Christians", hence the folk in that thread at least have granted them separate religion status by default.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:25 pm

You can't.

Quakers (Despite technically being a sect of Christianity, deny and preach against a lot of the more undesirable parts of it), Greek Paganism, Egyptian Paganism, Shintoism, etc...
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Jedi Council wrote:

As an asexual, I am fine with being considered "straight." To me, "straight" just meant anyone who's wasn't attracted to their own sex, and I can see considering a heteromantic Ace as being straight, and a homoromantic Ace as being "gay."
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:28 pm

Kedri wrote:As an asexual, I am fine with being considered "straight." To me, "straight" just meant anyone who's wasn't attracted to their own sex, and I can see considering a heteromantic Ace as being straight, and a homoromantic Ace as being "gay."

That is most definitely not the usual understanding of "straight" though. The usual understanding of it is that it explicitly means heterosexual.

Wave on, wave on

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:30 pm

New haven america wrote:

You can't.

Quakers (Despite technically being a sect of Christianity, deny and preach against a lot of the more undesirable parts of it), Greek Paganism, Egyptian Paganism, Shintoism, etc...

"But they aren't real religions!"
—Christendom

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:30 pm

New haven america wrote:

You can't.

Not sure that Pagan faiths are "organised" religions.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Palmyrion wrote:
New haven america wrote:Quakers (Despite technically being a sect of Christianity, deny and preach against a lot of the more undesirable parts of it), Greek Paganism, Egyptian Paganism, Shintoism, etc...

"But they aren't real religions!"
—Christendom

What was the point of your question?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:20 pm

New haven america wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:"But they aren't real religions!"
—Christendom

What was the point of your question?

Since their original question was "Name me one - just one - organised religion that never persecuted the LGBT community, both past and present", which we did—extremely successfully I must add, because we provided more than one—then the subject is closed. There was probably no point. But even if there was, it's now null and void since we undermined the foundation of whatever their point was going to be.

Wave on, wave on

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Hetero/Homo Romantic Asexual. I have loved woman and men and yet I have never been sexually attracted to them.
I actually regard sexual intercourse as something disgusting which corrupts true love between two people.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:56 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:Hetero/Homo Romantic Asexual. I have loved woman and men and yet I have never been sexually attracted to them.
I actually regard sexual intercourse as something disgusting which denigrates true love between two people.

Why do you think that?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:59 pm

Dylar wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:Hetero/Homo Romantic Asexual. I have loved woman and men and yet I have never been sexually attracted to them.
I actually regard sexual intercourse as something disgusting which denigrates true love between two people.

Why do you think that?

Love for me is the deep affection for another human personality. I think sexual intercourse is animalistic and primitive and so not synonymous with love.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:
Dylar wrote:Why do you think that?

Because that's my natural feeling. I think sexual intercourse is animalistic and primitive and so not synonymous with love.

I'll admit I'm sex-repulsed, but I'm a lot milder about it nowadays.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:05 pm

I believe sexual attraction and consequent coitus between members of Mankind is the one sin springing from their natural depravity which is compensated for by the creation of life.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:08 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:I believe sexual attraction and consequent coitus between members of Mankind is the one sin springing from their natural depravity which is compensated for by the creation of life.

I don't follow. After all, sin for the purpose of a good is still sin and to be denounced. As such, if you think sex is by nature sinful, wouldn't you necessarily have to conclude that every sexual act is evil and as such should not take place?
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General