NATION

PASSWORD

US reaches truce with Taliban

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
A lot of the people welcoming Turkey as a liberator are gonna realize real quick that they made a mistake. Syria would be better without Assad, but if it's Assad or turkey, it's better with Assad than with Turkey running the show. Knowing how Turkish history has gone, the ancestors of the current Arab fighters backing Turkey up would end up being genocide victims. Turkey's only goal seems to be "manipulate the situation in turkey's favor even if other people die as a result." It was the Armenians yesterday and the Kurds today. Tomorrow it could be the arabs, so they better watch out.
I just feel sorry and give up explaining There are people like you in my country, the only difference is that you are foreigners.America supports political Islam and provides money to arms dealers but you can't see it. instead you throw the so-called genocide lies.You and those who think like you are no different from the erdoğan electorate,open your heart to love and peace Not to those who partner with the Taliban

Clearly you are not reading what he has been saying, as he has been very critical of US support to Islamist groups. And by your logic we should not partner with Turkey because Turkey has an Islamist government that supports Islamist groups (including outright terrorists).
The Middle East is Hell.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Who could have possibly seen this coming?

U.S. has persuasive intel Taliban do not intend to abide by terms of peace deal, officials say

Hail Trump, Great Dealmaker and Stable Genius.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
A lot of the people welcoming Turkey as a liberator are gonna realize real quick that they made a mistake. Syria would be better without Assad, but if it's Assad or turkey, it's better with Assad than with Turkey running the show. Knowing how Turkish history has gone, the ancestors of the current Arab fighters backing Turkey up would end up being genocide victims. Turkey's only goal seems to be "manipulate the situation in turkey's favor even if other people die as a result." It was the Armenians yesterday and the Kurds today. Tomorrow it could be the arabs, so they better watch out.
I just feel sorry and give up explaining There are people like you in my country, the only difference is that you are foreigners.America supports political Islam and provides money to arms dealers but you can't see it. instead you throw the so-called genocide lies.You and those who think like you are no different from the erdoğan electorate,open your heart to love and peace Not to those who partner with the Taliban

Novus America wrote:But it does undermine you ridiculous (and hypocritical as Turkey is occupying Cyprus and Syria) claims that only the US is guilty.
terrorist organizations killing cyprus civilians [EOKA],Turkey's border security [YPG] the real hypocrisy is to kill Saddam Hussein and establish terrorist states.

Pfft who says I support my government? Unlike you I can be against almost everyone in the syrian civil war and call out both Erdogan for being a fascist thug, and the US government for mass murdering people in iraq.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Gormwood wrote:Who could have possibly seen this coming?

U.S. has persuasive intel Taliban do not intend to abide by terms of peace deal, officials say

I heard in one article that one of our officials said our soldiers "dont need to be dying for Afghan women," after a female Afghan official warned of disastrous consequences for women should the Taliban retake power.

I am very disappointed in our war in Afghanistan. Unlike our iraq war, the afghan war was to avenge the deaths of over 3000 of our people, and instead of achieving that, we stalemated at best. There shouldn't even be a taliban right now. The war on terror has disgraced the memory of those killed back in 2001, both due to our tendency to do things as horrible as the terrorists do, and also because we didnt even win. What a sad story
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Who could have possibly seen this coming?

I heard in one article that one of our officials said our soldiers "dont need to be dying for Afghan women," after a female Afghan official warned of disastrous consequences for women should the Taliban retake power.

I am very disappointed in our war in Afghanistan. Unlike our iraq war, the afghan war was to avenge the deaths of over 3000 of our people, and instead of achieving that, we stalemated at best. There shouldn't even be a taliban right now. The war on terror has disgraced the memory of those killed back in 2001, both due to our tendency to do things as horrible as the terrorists do, and also because we didnt even win. What a sad story

Unfortunately true, problem is we never worked to actually keep the Afghan government in line, and let it slide into incompetence and corruption. And never really had a plan of what we would do after. We went in with the idealistic notion “oh just topple the Taliban and let Afghanistan choose a new government and everything will be fine” and of course it does not work that way.

The problem is fixing the Afghan government would be “interference” in their affairs, yet not fixing it means it will continue to suck.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Novus America wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Unfortunately true, problem is we never worked to actually keep the Afghan government in line, and let it slide into incompetence and corruption. And never really had a plan of what we would do after. We went in with the idealistic notion “oh just topple the Taliban and let Afghanistan choose a new government and everything will be fine” and of course it does not work that way.

The problem is fixing the Afghan government would be “interference” in their affairs, yet not fixing it means it will continue to suck.

It really isn't our job to fix afghanistan. That's up to the Afghans. No one ever fixed our problems as a nation, and we never asked someone else to do that. We just did it, and I'm very glad we did it on our own.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Novus America wrote:

It really isn't our job to fix afghanistan. That's up to the Afghans. No one ever fixed our problems as a nation, and we never asked someone else to do that. We just did it, and I'm very glad we did it on our own.

Not our problem when women get stoned to death in soccer stadiums again.
Last edited by Gormwood on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Novus America wrote:

It was not, but once we got involved it became our job.
And we had to get involved because of 9-11.
I mean yeah we did, on our own (although it took a bloody civil war) but that is the only way we could win. The problem is in these types of wars we win if the government we support succeeds and lose if we do not. So if we do not do anything victory or defeat is not our choice, it is not on our hands. We left victory or defeat in the hands of corrupt and incompetent locals.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Neu Estovakia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Estovakia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Precisely...We've achieved our objective ten times over at this point(ie we brought the people behind the September 11th attacks to justice) and it's time to end the war. It's not our job to fix or make Afghanistan a working nation, let alone try to force them to do so when they clearly do not want us there. We've tried time and again over the past two decades and we have little to show for it.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
tbf we nearly crushed the Taliban entirely years back, as always it was dumbasses in DC that ruined it

But the Taliban is still here and they've won, from the looks of it. Don't look at what could have been, look at what is.

I would not say the won yet. These are the most recent numbers I can find:
“229 districts were under the Afghan government's control, which is about 56.3 percent of the total Afghan districts.

On the other hand, 59 districts, approximately 14.5 percent of all, were under the Taliban control.

The remaining 119 districts, about 29.2 percent, remain contested - controlled by neither the Afghan government nor the rebels.” https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inter ... 28213.html

Hardly “Taliban has won”.

They are not defeated, but neither is the government.
I expect this to keep dragging on.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Neu Estovakia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Precisely...We've achieved our objective ten times over at this point(ie we brought the people behind the September 11th attacks to justice) and it's time to end the war. It's not our job to fix or make Afghanistan a working nation, let alone try to force them to do so when they clearly do not want us there. We've tried time and again over the past two decades and we have little to show for it.

But we did not really try. When we saw Afghan government officials doing horrible things we refused to intervene. The failure to build a functioning government was not because we tried and failed, but because we did not even try.

And if they do not want us there, they could ask us to leave. The government elected by the majority wants us there.
The problem is that government is corrupt and incompetent.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General