NATION

PASSWORD

US reaches truce with Taliban

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Amazing, a president that realizes the US isn’t the world’s police

Are the other nations doing the same?

If not; didn't the republicans trump party call that "cutting and running?"
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:46 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:The Land of Afghans, with Afghans in them, existed for millenia. Even Alexander the Great famously stated; "I fear for you the tooth of the tiger, the venom of the cobra, and the vengeance of the Afghans." And yes, Afghanistan ruled Persia four separate times(Samanids, Saffarids, Ghaznavids, and Hotakis).

The Samanids and the Saffarids were Persian in origin, the Ghaznavids were Turkic (Central Asian). But then again, I'm not sure if I should expect any form of understanding of history from a guy who unironically thinks that Afghanistan "has literally never been conquered".

No, they were all Afghan. They all came from Afghanistan. Mahmud Ghazni, for example, was an Afghan. You forget that Afghan is not an ethnicity. There are Turkic, Persian, and Pashtun Afghans. The Samanids and Saffarids were Afghan, and the Ghaznavids were 100% Afghan. Ghaznavid comes from Ghazni, a city in, Afghanistan. That is where Mahmud Ghazni was from. In every respect, they were Afghan.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
North German Realm wrote:The Samanids and the Saffarids were Persian in origin, the Ghaznavids were Turkic (Central Asian). But then again, I'm not sure if I should expect any form of understanding of history from a guy who unironically thinks that Afghanistan "has literally never been conquered".

No, they were all Afghan. They all came from Afghanistan. Mahmud Ghazni, for example, was an Afghan. You forget that Afghan is not an ethnicity. There are Turkic, Persian, and Pashtun Afghans. The Samanids and Saffarids were Afghan, and the Ghaznavids were 100% Afghan. Ghaznavid comes from Ghazni, a city in, Afghanistan. That is where Mahmud Ghazni was from. In every respect, they were Afghan.

No they weren't. Samanids trace themselves from Bahram Chobin and were considered Persian (they spoke Persian, promoted Persian identity, and may have been responsible for the fact that the Persian language even survived the Two Centuries of Silence) and the Saffarids are almost considered, almost unanimously by historians, to be one of the first Persian dynasties in Iran post-Qadisiyyeh. Mahmud Qaznavi traces his own lineage back to Sabuktagin, who's literally the most famous Turkic invader in Persia that wasn't a Seljuq.
Last edited by North German Realm on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:59 pm

So basically "after more than a decade of america promising to completely eradicate the Taliban, america says 'nah jk.'"

I really hope we dont fight another foreign war, but if we do, it'll be as disastrous and it'll be too soon
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Just a question, do you live in Afghanistan?

Not anymore.

So did you go to school there? Because I’ve heard in many countries, history schooling is borderline revisionist with all the nationalism. That’s why people from Turkey or India are sometimes taught outright lies to make their country be the winner in the end
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Amazing, a president that realizes the US isn’t the world’s police

Curb your enthusiasm, we're still in syria stealing Assad's oil like an international burglar
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:No, they were all Afghan. They all came from Afghanistan. Mahmud Ghazni, for example, was an Afghan. You forget that Afghan is not an ethnicity. There are Turkic, Persian, and Pashtun Afghans. The Samanids and Saffarids were Afghan, and the Ghaznavids were 100% Afghan. Ghaznavid comes from Ghazni, a city in, Afghanistan. That is where Mahmud Ghazni was from. In every respect, they were Afghan.

No they weren't. Samanids trace themselves from Bahram Chobin and were considered Persian (they spoke Persian, promoted Persian identity, and may have been responsible for the fact that the Persian language even survived the Two Centuries of Silence) and the Saffarids are almost considered, almost unanimously by historians, to be one of the first Persian dynasties in Iran post-Qadisiyyeh. Mahmud Qaznavi traces his own lineage back to Sabuktagin, who's literally the most famous Turkic invader in Persia that wasn't a Seljuq.

Mahmud was an Afghan, undoubtedly. As were the others. Persian Afghans.

And even if they weren't, there's still the Hotaks. Side note: I actually know a girl who is a descendant of the great Mirwais Hotak.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:So basically "after more than a decade of america promising to completely eradicate the Taliban, america says 'nah jk.'"

I really hope we dont fight another foreign war, but if we do, it'll be as disastrous and it'll be too soon

Is it just me, or is public sentiment in America starting to resent war?

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Not anymore.

So did you go to school there? Because I’ve heard in many countries, history schooling is borderline revisionist with all the nationalism. That’s why people from Turkey or India are sometimes taught outright lies to make their country be the winner in the end

I schooled here, in America. My english is still bad, though(I'm using google translate). I only speak facts, though. No one has ever managed to completely control all areas of Afghanistan effectively, without facing a rebellion.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:So did you go to school there? Because I’ve heard in many countries, history schooling is borderline revisionist with all the nationalism. That’s why people from Turkey or India are sometimes taught outright lies to make their country be the winner in the end

I schooled here, in America. My english is still bad, though(I'm using google translate). I only speak facts, though. No one has ever managed to completely control all areas of Afghanistan effectively, without facing a rebellion.

*doubt*
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:I schooled here, in America. My english is still bad, though(I'm using google translate). I only speak facts, though. No one has ever managed to completely control all areas of Afghanistan effectively, without facing a rebellion.

*doubt*

About?

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:
*doubt*

About?

bolded.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:About?

bolded.

If you were to research, you'd come to the same conclusion. Even if you just looked instead on Wikipedia,

"The Afghanistan area has been invaded many times in recorded history, but no invader has been able to control all of its regions at the same time, and at some point faced rebellion."

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
North German Realm wrote:No they weren't. Samanids trace themselves from Bahram Chobin and were considered Persian (they spoke Persian, promoted Persian identity, and may have been responsible for the fact that the Persian language even survived the Two Centuries of Silence) and the Saffarids are almost considered, almost unanimously by historians, to be one of the first Persian dynasties in Iran post-Qadisiyyeh. Mahmud Qaznavi traces his own lineage back to Sabuktagin, who's literally the most famous Turkic invader in Persia that wasn't a Seljuq.

Mahmud was an Afghan, undoubtedly. As were the others. Persian Afghans.

And even if they weren't, there's still the Hotaks. Side note: I actually know a girl who is a descendant of the great Mirwais Hotak.

Mahmud was not an Afghan. He was Turkic. And there is no such thing as a "Persian Afghan". Afghan as a national identity is less than a century old. Persian as an ethnic identity is at least 2,500 years old. That said, I didn't disagree with you on the Hotaks (though we here in Iran know them by a different name). I just didn't think you'd want to take pride in that mess, impressive as it is that they took a weakened, corrupted Safavid Empire down.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:So basically "after more than a decade of america promising to completely eradicate the Taliban, america says 'nah jk.'"

Is it just me, or is public sentiment in America starting to resent war?

"Starting to". Anti-war sentiment is just as high now as it was during WW2, and for the very same reason. There were entire political movements built on "no wars!" during the Cold War, this is not even remotely impressive.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:Mahmud was an Afghan, undoubtedly. As were the others. Persian Afghans.

Mahmud was not an Afghan. He was Turkic. And there is no such thing as a "Persian Afghan". Afghan as a national identity is less than a century old. Persian as an ethnic identity is at least 2,500 years old. That said, I didn't disagree with you on the Hotaks (though we here in Iran know them by a different name). I just didn't think you'd want to take pride in that mess, impressive as it is that they took a weakened, corrupted Safavid Empire down.

Dude, Afghans were around long enough for Alexander the Great to refer to them as such. And this is a fact: Mahmud of Ghazni(Ghazni being in Afghanistan, FYI) was an Afghan. Afghanistan defeated an empire that the great Ottomans could not, which is impressive.

So yes, 4 times Afghanistan conquered Persia. Do you want to talk about our victories in India as well?

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:Is it just me, or is public sentiment in America starting to resent war?

"Starting to". Anti-war sentiment is just as high now as it was during WW2, and for the very same reason. There were entire political movements built on "no wars!" during the Cold War, this is not even remotely impressive.

Why are you getting defensive?

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Mahmud was not an Afghan. He was Turkic. And there is no such thing as a "Persian Afghan". Afghan as a national identity is less than a century old. Persian as an ethnic identity is at least 2,500 years old. That said, I didn't disagree with you on the Hotaks (though we here in Iran know them by a different name). I just didn't think you'd want to take pride in that mess, impressive as it is that they took a weakened, corrupted Safavid Empire down.

Dude, Afghans were around long enough for Alexander the Great to refer to them as such. And this is a fact: Mahmud of Ghazni(Ghazni being in Afghanistan, FYI) was an Afghan. Afghanistan defeated an empire that the great Ottomans could not, which is impressive.

So yes, 4 times Afghanistan conquered Persia. Do you want to talk about our victories in India as well?

That is historically false. The earliest historical mention of Afghan (of which Afghanistan is derived) is in the 3rd century (during the Sassanid period, as a way to refer to the Pashtun People, which was the norm until the revisionism in the Afghan Constitution of 1964 which gave the ethnonym to everyone living in Afghanistan).
All that said, the problem is, you're viewing Greater Khorasan as an Afghan territory, which is simply ahistorical as Greater Khorasan has been part of the Iranian Nation longer than Afghanistan as a place with a national identity has existed (that is to say, at best the 1700s, in reality the early 1900s). Mahmud was not an "Afghan", he was born in Zabulistan, again an integral part of the Iranian Nation, who traced his identity back to his Turkic father, who spoke Turkic languages, and who was in fact hated by the Afghan (Pashtun) tribes in and out of his control as well as the Iranians alike for being a Turk throughout his life. Samanids and Saffarids both identified as Persians -because "Afghan" meant Pashtun, which none of the above were. And that's ignoring the fact Samanids and Saffarids were installed as regional rulers by the Abbasid Caliph, which is a whole different topic.
Last edited by North German Realm on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:01 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:Dude, Afghans were around long enough for Alexander the Great to refer to them as such. And this is a fact: Mahmud of Ghazni(Ghazni being in Afghanistan, FYI) was an Afghan. Afghanistan defeated an empire that the great Ottomans could not, which is impressive.

That is historically false. The earliest historical mention of Afghan (of which Afghanistan is derived) is in the 3rd century (during the Sassanid period, as a way to refer to the Pashtun People, which was the norm until the revisionism in the Afghan Constitution of 1964 which gave the ethnonym to everyone living in Afghanistan).
All that said, the problem is, you're viewing Greater Khorasan as an Afghan territory, which is simply ahistorical as Greater Khorasan has been part of the Iranian Nation longer than Afghanistan as a place with a national identity has existed (that is to say, at best the 1700s, in reality the early 1900s). Mahmud was not an "Afghan", he was born in Zabulistan, again an integral part of the Iranian Nation, who traced his identity back to his Turkic father, who spoke Turkic languages, and who was in fact hated by the Afghan (Pashtun) tribes in and out of his control as well as the Iranians alike for being a Turk throughout his life. Samanids and Saffarids both identified as Persians -because "Afghan" meant Pashtun, which none of the above were. And that's ignoring the fact Samanids and Saffarids were installed as regional rulers by the Abbasid Caliph, which is a whole different topic.

The earliest mention of Afghans was by Alexander the Great, over 600 years before the Sassanid period you refer to. Zabulistan is, y'know, Afghanistan. Where Mahmud of Ghazni, an Afghan hero, came from. Khorasan is, indeed, Afghanistan. And an Afghan nationality first existed in the 1700s, sure, because that's when nationality became a thing. He established an Afghan empire based out of Afghanistan, as did the Saffarids and Samanids, who were actually completely independent from the Abbasids.

My point from the beginning still stands. "The Afghanistan area has been invaded many times in recorded history, but no invader has been able to control all of its regions at the same time, and at some point faced rebellion." And this is the absolute truth.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:07 pm

Great. Now the Taliban can rebuild and take over Afghanistan again, plunging it into yet another dark age with all the patriarchy, honor killings, and terrorism that comes with that.

Fucking superb, really.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
North German Realm wrote:That is historically false. The earliest historical mention of Afghan (of which Afghanistan is derived) is in the 3rd century (during the Sassanid period, as a way to refer to the Pashtun People, which was the norm until the revisionism in the Afghan Constitution of 1964 which gave the ethnonym to everyone living in Afghanistan).

The earliest mention of Afghans was by Alexander the Great, over 600 years before the Sassanid period you refer to. Zabulistan is, y'know, Afghanistan. Where Mahmud of Ghazni, an Afghan hero, came from. Khorasan is, indeed, Afghanistan. And an Afghan nationality first existed in the 1700s, sure, because that's when nationality became a thing. He established an Afghan empire based out of Afghanistan, as did the Saffarids and Samanids, who were actually completely independent from the Abbasids.

My point from the beginning still stands. "The Afghanistan area has been invaded many times in recorded history, but no invader has been able to control all of its regions at the same time, and at some point faced rebellion." And this is the absolute truth.

Alexander the Great literally ruled all of what is now Afghanistan. What are you smoking?
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
North German Realm wrote:That is historically false. The earliest historical mention of Afghan (of which Afghanistan is derived) is in the 3rd century (during the Sassanid period, as a way to refer to the Pashtun People, which was the norm until the revisionism in the Afghan Constitution of 1964 which gave the ethnonym to everyone living in Afghanistan).

Afghanistan was conquered by Timur pretty easily.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Great. Now the Taliban can rebuild and take over Afghanistan again, plunging it into yet another dark age with all the patriarchy, honor killings, and terrorism that comes with that.

Fucking superb, really.

I believe that if America leaves, the same thing will happen to Afghanistan like when Britain left. Meaning, it would improve drastically. I doubt the Taliban would come into power again. I don't think the current government will stand, either. I believe that a third party, one that is righteous and just, will come to power, and Afghanistan will become the glory it once was, not too long ago.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:The earliest mention of Afghans was by Alexander the Great, over 600 years before the Sassanid period you refer to. Zabulistan is, y'know, Afghanistan. Where Mahmud of Ghazni, an Afghan hero, came from. Khorasan is, indeed, Afghanistan. And an Afghan nationality first existed in the 1700s, sure, because that's when nationality became a thing. He established an Afghan empire based out of Afghanistan, as did the Saffarids and Samanids, who were actually completely independent from the Abbasids.

Alexander the Great literally ruled all of what is now Afghanistan. What are you smoking?

"The Afghanistan area has been invaded many times in recorded history, but no invader has been able to control all of its regions at the same time, and at some point faced rebellion."
Alexander the Great didn't control all of it, and he was constantly fought, losing his first battles there. He eventually died and the Afghans got their land back.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:12 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:The earliest mention of Afghans was by Alexander the Great, over 600 years before the Sassanid period you refer to. Zabulistan is, y'know, Afghanistan. Where Mahmud of Ghazni, an Afghan hero, came from. Khorasan is, indeed, Afghanistan. And an Afghan nationality first existed in the 1700s, sure, because that's when nationality became a thing. He established an Afghan empire based out of Afghanistan, as did the Saffarids and Samanids, who were actually completely independent from the Abbasids.

Afghanistan was conquered by Timur pretty easily.

No, not at all. In fact, the Timurid Empire came from Afghanistan. But Timur was not able to control all of Afghanistan without facing rebellion, and their empire fell as Afghanistan remained independent.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General